Start by marking “Buddy's Dream” as Want to Read:
Buddy's Dream

Buddy's Dream

Published November 4th 2013 by Corine Dehghanpisheh

To ask other readers questions about Buddy's Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buddy's Dream

Christopher
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
ANNOUNCEMENT: I HAVE RECEIVED THIS BOOK VIA FIRST READS GIVEAWAY!

BLURB: An imaginative dog named Buddy falls asleep during story time. With just one wish, he and his butterfly friends are suddenly swept into an exciting tablet adventure. Join Buddy and his friends as they explore all the different levels of their very own game before finding their way home.

RATING: 5 stars for Buddy's Dream By: Corine Deghanpisheh
STARTED: APRIL 21,2014
FINISHED: APRIL 21,2014

REVIEW: Buddy's Dream was about a do
Karen Oxner
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads-read
I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

First of all let me say, my granddaughter loves this book. She is three years old, and she is captivated when I read Buddy's Dream to her.

I think most of all, she enjoys the Carnival Rides that are featured in the book. She counts the balloons, points out the different colors on the ferris wheel, and she is very proud of herself when she is able to correctly pick out the letters of the alphabet to "help" Buddy spell his name.

I enjoy reading t
Christine
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great story! Definitly one Ill be reading to the kids again :) They were very interested!!!
Marietje
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Marietje by: Giveaway
I got this book in a giveaway.

"Buddy's Dream" is the second book by art therapist, writer and illustrator Corine Dehghanpisheh. It is geared for preschoolers and kindergartners.

The story is about the dog Buddy and his two butterfly friends, who listen every night to the girl Chloe read a story surrounded by stuffed animals. One night Buddy falls asleep while Chloe is reading a story about a carnival from her 'tablet'. He dreams that he takes the tablet from Chloe while she is sleeping, and start
Kelley
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Buddy is back and he's on a new adventure! Falling asleep in his owner's lap, Buddy is whisked away in a dream where he and his friends get to play in their very own carnival game. Buddy must complete 5 games before he can return home. The educational adventure includes counting, spelling, and identifying animals, colors and shapes. When Buddy returns home, he also discovers another valuable lesson about using his owner's tablet without her permission.

This book is perfect for children. They can
Alyssa
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Edit: I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads! I forgot to mention this.

I thought it was a really well written book.

My son was engaged the entire time. Even though he's a slightly older than the targeted age group (that age where they start learning shapes, colors, numbers, etc.) he still thought it was a good story. For kids that are at that stage I think this is a very good way to help facilitate that learning (especially since included there is information on where to find
NW
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

My four-year-old really liked this book and our 15-month-old even enjoyed it! The characters are colorful and there are some subtle lessons incorporated to make it fun. Counting, colors, shapes, animals, imagination and good manners are all a focus in this book and the author has successfully managed to engage preschoolers--not an easy task!

My daughter loves to read and this book really has her excited. After I read it to her, she sat and went
Emily
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book through the Goodreads First Reads giveaways.

Buddy’s Dream by Corine Dehghanpisheh is a wonderful book to read to a preschooler who is just learning the basics in colors, animals, shapes, numbers and letters. My three year old enjoys when I read this book to him as he can show off his new found knowledge. The illustrations are adorable and the choice of color is perfect. Since my three year old is always “stealing” my tablet to play his games, I loved that Budd
A.S. Chung
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
An imaginative dog named Buddy falls asleep during story time. With just one wish, Buddy and his butterfly friends are suddenly swept into an exciting tablet adventure.

Corine D has managed to write a book which encapsulates many messages. It introduces the tablet as part of an everyday device whilst teaching young children about numbers, alphabets and shapes. It is fun and educational at the same time. The illustrations are colourful and engaging.

Well done Corine. I enjoyed the book!
Karen
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free on Goodreads - I read this to my grandchildren last weekend and they loved it! It is so entertaining and easy for the kids to follow. The illustrations are well done and the kids liked looking at them while listening. Great book! Thank you Goodreads and Corine Dehghanpisheh!!
Alesia Sisco
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-shelf
Outstanding! Such a fun way to help young children learn concepts, following a friend, um...'Buddy'.
I received this copy of "Buddy's Dream" free from Goodreads. It's author, Corine Dehghanpisheh, signed my copy and mailed it to me herself! That by itself was thrilling. Corine's unique story-line presents learning as fun for everyone. She illustrated it herself!
Louise
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My 9 yr old absolutely loves this story to the point where she knows it word for word . A fantastic book for all ages

I won this on a Goodreads Advanced Readers Giveaway
Susan
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
BUDDY'S DREAM by Corine Dehghanpisheh is an imaginative children's book but it has several flaws that kept me from rating it higher.

First of all, it attempts to teach numbers, shapes, animals, colors, alphabet in too complex of a format. These skills would be taught in preschool or kindergarten but the prose of the book is too difficult for children in those grades. Only a gifted first grader or above could read this book to themselves and they would already know these basic skills and consid
Lcf
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
I received this book on Goodreads for free.

I like the idea of incorporating technology into a picture book. However, I found the plot and the flow of the story to be clunky. The butterflies were also a bit confusing. Perhaps they are explained in another story?
Mimi Lala
Pamela
Melissa
Amy
Dec 04, 2013

• Stevie Tenderheart My Favorite Place to Be...(A Bedtime Story)
  • The Night Before College
  • 1 Year, 100 Pounds: My Journey to a Better, Happier Life
  • Maya & Filippo Visit a Glacier
  • Sweepstakes MILLIONAIRE! - How to win a Life of Luxury through Sweepstakes
  • Principles of Investing: A Complete Introduction to Stock Ownership, Basic Valuation, and Risk Assessment
  • The Bracelet - A Novel of Life, Sorrow, and Love
  • Speedy Kids Coloring Book
  • Monkey and Duck Quack Up
  • Zoo on the Moon
  • Brielle, Big Helper
  • The Show Must Go On! (Three-Ring Rascals, #1)
  • Bee Helpful (Sunny Bee Books)
  • Bertie the Bee (The Diaries of Robin's Toys)
  • In Broad Daylight
  • Cock-a-Doodle-Oops!
  • The Boy Who Wants to Stay Awake
  • My First Book of Japanese Words: An ABC Rhyming Book
Corine Dehghanpisheh is an award winning author, whose own family life serves as inspiration for her fun and engaging children’s books. She holds a Master’s Degree in Creative Arts Therapy & Creative Development from Pratt Institute in New York City.

Ms. Dehghanpisheh currently resides in Dallas, Texas with her family. There she continues to write the #BabyLove series, focused on the blending