Start by marking “NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom” as Want to Read:
NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom

NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom

(Once-A-Day Bibles and Devotions from Zondervan)

'This 31-day reading from the book of Proverbs from the New International Version of the Bible will speak to your deepest needs as you engage with God's Word. Practical and insightful, these devotions---written by the staff at trusted ministry Walk Thru the Bible---will fill each day with wisdom and understanding about who God is and what he has intended for the lives of h ...more
Published January 24th 2012 by Zondervan (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom

Keiki Hendrix
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom is a must have for your Kindle or NOOK. In fact, all of the Walk Through the Bible books are excellent to have on your Kindle or NOOK.

Simple and direct, the book of Proverbs in the NIV (New International Version) with a brief 'Reflection' preceding each chapter make this a handy book for devotions or quick reference.

Many Christians find reading through the book of Proverbs each month very beneficial. I've done this for years. This Kindle or NOOK edition is gr
Christy
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used this as a devotional with my daily bible reading. It's perfect to use for that purpose OR as a stand alone, or once-day read. There are 31 chapters, one for each day filled with Gods wisdom - the lesson He wants us to know & live by. There is also the writers a reflection at the end of each chapter.
Kimberly Lytle-Boyd
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Refreshing

Reading any Books of the Bible is refreshing. But I think Proverbs allows you to gain that wisdom your seeking to have a joy filled life in your walk with God.
Leanne
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
This was a daily devotional covering the book of Proverbs, chapter by chapter. Each segment was short but meaningful.
Tonya
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tonya by: Found on Amazon
This book is setup perfectly to read in one month, but mostly it's helpful that there are 31 chapters in Proverbs. The first page of each day expands on a verse or two from that day's chapter to give encouragement or wisdom taken from the words of Proverbs, then the remaining day is filled with the chapter of Proverbs for that day.

Proverbs is kind of hit or miss with me. I tried to find meaning in all of the verses, but some just don't seem to apply to the current times or perhaps to me. Howeve
Alicia
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have the Kindle edition of this book. I used it as a daily devotional. The author offers insights into each chapter of Proverbs. It reminded me why I love Proverbs. Here is part of one as an example: "Pure fountains don't spew dirty water. Our words are symptoms of an internal condition. If the symptoms alarm us, we know what to do: Cultivate wisdom in our innermost being by drawing nearer and nearer to God." It then goes into Proverbs 12.
Freda Mans-Labianca
I read this book everyday in May. It was refreshing reading and learning the lessons in each Proverb. I felt a sense of goodness flow within me while learning the lessons God intended us to know. I know it sounds cliché but, it really does lift my spirits and soul each morning.
I definitely recommend you reading and learning the teachings as well.
Jennifer Trimble
This is a great daily devotional. The book is broken up into 31 sections covering Proverbs 1-31. There is a reflection at the begining of each chapter which focuses on one or two of the verses from the chapter. I found myself reading more than one each day because the reflections and Proverbs were on point with exactly what I was seeking each day.
Lucimar
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply fantastic. I finished and will start all over again. Proverbs is just filled with soooo much wisdom, even if you remove all religious connotations from it.
I will probably read this book over and over again for the rest of my life. The author of the devotional content really balks it down and I really appreciate that.
Love love love this book. I HIGHLY recommend it.
G   Lee Graves
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Penetrating, insightful, easily read.

Proverbs gives each of us -- men and women -- a guide book for a fruitful and blessed life. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Proverbs presents
Grace
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: devotional, kindle
I really enjoyed this devotional it's 31 days of the walk-through Proverbs. At the beginning of each section someone explains the chapter. I pray that I have gained some wisdom just from walking through Proverbs with this author!
Lisa
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you've never read Proverbs and want to read it in a one-a-day format with a short bit by the author, this free book is for you!
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was gorgeous! A beautiful study of Proverbs. The reflection aspect at the end was especially helpful. I highly recommend this study.
Jojo
It was a good book that reflected on the book of proverbs daily for a month. I will return to this book again.
Lisa
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Take a 31 day walk through the book of Proverbs and come out understanding more and more about wisdom and God's Word.
Michelle's Book
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion. This book cover is on my Pinterest board and my blog, Michelle Dragalin’s Journey.
Cindy DeLong
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, nook, own
I liked being able to read a little bit of the book of Proverbs whenever I had a few minutes. I didn't read the introductory devotionals for each day, choosing to focus just on the Biblical text.
Alexandra Chauran
Jul 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As a non-Christian I was hoping this would help me learn more about the Bible. Instead it was boring and over my head.
Tamara C Jones
Oct 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Closer: Devotions to Draw Couples Together
  • The Daily Devotional Series: The Gospel of John
  • A Cup of Comfort Women of the Bible Devotional: Daily Reflections Inspired by Scripture's Most Beloved Heroines
  • Faith - Four Week Mini Bible Study
  • God Drives A Tow Truck
  • God Can't Sleep: Waiting for Daylight On Life's Dark Nights
  • The God Who Sees You: Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible
  • Everyday Prayers: 365 Days to a Gospel-Centered Faith
  • Transforming Prayer
  • Declaring God's Word: A 365 Day Devotional
  • Loving God When You Don't Love the Church: Opening the Door to Healing
  • What Are You Afraid Of?: Facing Down Your Fears with Faith
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.

Once-A-Day Bibles and Devotions from Zondervan (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • NIV, Once-A-Day Bible for Teens, Paperback
  • Once-A-Day Devotional for Teens
  • NIV Once-A-Day Bible: Chronological Edition
  • NIV Once-A-Day Bible for Women
  • Once-A-Day Men and Women of the Bible Devotional: 365 Insights from Scripture's Most Memorable People
  • Once-A-Day Devotional for Men
  • NIV, Once-A-Day Morning and Evening Bible, Paperback
  • Once-A-Day 25 Days of Advent Devotional
  • Once-A-Day 40 Days to Easter Devotional
  • Once-A-Day Walk with Jesus Devotional: 365 Days in the New Testament
“4Then the LORD said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions. 5On the sixth day they are to prepare what they bring in, and that is to be twice as much as they gather on the other days.” 0 likes
“2“I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. 3You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. 4“You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.’ 5My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. 6Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.” 0 likes