Start by marking “Wrecked (Forever, #4)” as Want to Read:
Wrecked (Forever, #4)

Wrecked

(Forever #4)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  8,813 Ratings  ·  1,083 Reviews
“There would be no happy ending for us. He was too damaged. I was too broken.”

Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide.

The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive.

Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorri
Published December 11th 2013 by Blackbird Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Wrecked, please sign up.

Lisa Jayne
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
TWO WRECKED STARS.

description

Hello readers, welcome to the town of dramaville. If you like your story to have more unanswered questions than a celebrity version of mastermind then head right into this new-adult, dramatic romance. I felt confused over my feelings of how to rate this story and I'm still wondering whether I disliked this book or if I'm so distracted by its storyline that I can't stop thinking about it. Here are my 'Wrecked' book thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Lorrie is a student at Arrowhear
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Upon adding this to my “currently reading” list I received several responses from concerned Goodreaders regarding the state of my wellbeing. What can I say? Even a girl like me likes to read a little . . . .

Houston commercial photography

every once in a while *shrug*

What actually . . . . ummmmm perked my interest was the original cover I saw while perusing NetGalley . . .

Houston commercial photography

Yeah. Wow. Didn’t even need a synopsis to get me to pound on that Read Now button. I was all
Geri Reads
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it

I know I said this reminded me of Beautiful Disaster but I may have spoken too soon. Except for the similarities with the MCs and the setting, this story is definitely more tragic than BD.

I won't be summarizing the story since the blurb is pretty straightforward. I will say this though: Lorrie is very difficult to like. This book could have ended up a DNF for me if not for the last 30% where the story really picked up. I sympathize with the her plight but the constant "I don't want to
Candace
***I received a complimentary ARC of this book from the publisher, through Netgalley.com, in exchange for honest feedback.***

Lorrie has returned to college after taking a few semesters off to deal with the murder of her mother and the subsequent suicide of her father. She's teetering on the brink of sanity. When she inadvertently falls into freezing water, nearly drowning, she is saved by Hunter, who's out for a jog. From that point forward, I was completely hooked on this story!

Hunter likes Lo
Sarah ❤
ARC provided by Blackbird Publishing via Netgalley

I love being one of the first people to write a review on Goodreads so here yah go!

"You make me feel alive and I make you feel alive. Let's save each other."

Hunter "The Hammer" Jensen

hmmm... but he also has tattoos...

There we go :D

Hunter "The Hammer" Jensen is Mr. Tattoo and Muscles, a smoking hot bad boy and also a MMA cage fighter.

Lorrie has had a tough life dealing with her mother's murder and her father's suicide. She wasn't interested in gu
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
THREE STARS!

I bet you're wondering why I've used this particular graphic for my review. No? Well, OK, but let me tell you anyway. As an unapologetically lazy person (that should be whipped for such laziness), I decided to be a cheating cheater that cheats by using a graphic I made from my old fandom days (which was kinda applicable to a particular scene in this book, which is why I used it :P).

Honestly, this easily could have been two stars for me. For the first 70% of the book, you're stuck in
Cristina
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, fighting-men
The first part of this book made me compare it to Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire because I have to say this: There where a lot of similarities!!!!

For example:
- Both characters are in college - Check
- The male main character (Hunter a.k.a. Tattoos and Muscles a.k.a Tom a.k.a Gunther...don't ask :P) is a fighter (MMA) - Check
- The female main character (Lorrie a.k.a. Dorothy) is a little damaged and keeping secrets from him - Check
- The female main character has lost both parents - Check
Jen
I want to start of saying thank you to Blackbird Publishing and Net Galley for providing this book for me in exchange for an honest review.

I was very excited to start this book when it caught my eye. It had many factors that I love when it comes to a great romance book. The couple in this book meet when Lorrie is in a dangerous situation that requires outside help immediately. Hunter happens to come across her, and jumps right in to save her without any thought to his own well being. He saves he
Mariℓina
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
4,5 Stars!
WOW! When will the next book be out?
I really need it, like right now..

This book was so good.. I loved the first 70% it was before all the crazy drama started making my poor stomach hurt and my vission blurry.. Lorrie was so witty and adorable, i liked being in her mind, towards the end though she was too stressed out.. Over exaggerating.. And i wanted to kill her.. How could she leave..

Hunter has everything i like in a male character..
Both fighter and a physicist!SOLD! Looks and brai
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it

description

When Priscilla West had contacted me to ask if I had wanted to read her book, I jumped on it right away!! Being the MMA junkie that I am though, I was a bit skeptical about how it was going to turn out since often at times I see the same habits and set ups played in a lot of these reads.

“Wrecked” did have some typical elements I see in NA romances:

1) a broken heroine && a bad boy

description

2) girl heroine is reluctant to start anything with guy but he relentlessly pursues her for a “real” relati
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book - Wrecked
Author - Priscilla West
Publication Date - December 16, 2013
Type - Part of Series (Must read in order)
Genre - Romance, Angst
Rating - 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

ARC provided by Blackbird Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

"There's no Rocky montage for overcoming obstacles in life.
Not for me.  Or anyone else.  I've seen the best fall.
I've seen my own dad lose after fighting so hard,
struggling for so long.  Can't you see, Hunter?
It's not that I don't want to get hurt.
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

I had so much hope for this book as the blurb excited me. But all my hopes went down, as for me it felt like a copy of Beautiful Disaster. Many similarities in it but just a change of concept.

photo giphy_zps79843ff4.gif

Hunter was delicious and didn't give much pull factor. He was sweet, hot, sexy and mysterious. And Lorrie, on the other hand, was broken and become annoying and selfish by the time I finished the book.

photo tumblr_ml805uvWYz1rlqvmjo1_500_zps0e760cb7.jpg

I would still thumbs up to the author for her writing style. It was very nice written read and even it
Jessi
4 Heartfelt stars

description

Lorrie returns to collage after a year away due to the death of her parents. Still grieving and unable to handle all the rumors about her mother's murder trial, Lorrie sticks to herself. An unfortunate event leads her to meeting Hunter. Even tough attracted to him, she run away from him. Fate brings them together again, where Hunter talks her into being friends when Lorrie refuses to start any type of relationship with him.

The two embark on a friendship and become very close r
Kj
These Characters were more whacked then wrecked!

I hate giving bad reviews and I hate to add a book to my DNF shelf even more. I do it very rarely maybe once or twice a year. I really tried to give this book a try even when I wanted to give up I would try to hold on just a little bit longer. I finally decided as much as I love to read I shouldn't waste time on something that I'm not enjoying. This being an ARC made it really hard for me not to finish. I really feel to give a good review you have

CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I only made it to 50%. It is well written and all... but personally, it was just boring, irritating and I wanna say predictable? But I didn't finish it so I can't.

I'm sorry but the female character, Lorrie, is just beyond irritating. I get she's broken, it's sad what she's been through and she doesn't want to get involve but she likes Hunter but only as friends.... Then when she found out that Hunter got BJ from other girls, she blows a gasket, and it's all Hunter's fault!

To start with, it was
Kim Bailey
3.5 Stars

An enjoyable, but highly angsty read.

Lots of heartache and sorrow. Lots of drama and college craziness. Despite the fact that this style of story is not overly original, I did find enough differences to make this one stand apart. I really felt that there was quite a bit of realism to this story.
The slow build between the two main characters is terrific, even though some of the sexy times felt a bit awkward to me. I didnt fall in love with either of these characters ... I didnt hate the
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2016, romance
*** 4 Stars ***

At first Wrecked reminded me of Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. But I thought that this story was a bit more deep and emotional.

I would of given this 5 stars if Lorrie wasn't so fickle. Her fear of getting into a relationship hurt Hunter a lot, and I could of just gone without all that back and forth. Other than that, I really enjoyed the characters and the plot.

description description description

Maria
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Wrecked is the first installment in a two-book series by author Priscilla West. I’ve enjoyed previous book from this author and the blurb for Wrecked definitely caught my eye.
WARNING! (view spoiler)

Lorrie is back at college trying to recover after a tragic and devastating period in her young life. To clear her mind one day she w
Heather
I have really struggled with how to rate this one. There are some people who read and loved this book. There are others who really didn't like it. I guess I fall somewhere in the middle. I would give this one a solid three stars.

Lorrie is a small town girl going to a small town college. She has had a horrific year and things just seem to keep getting worse. She has suffered a lot of loss and she is the center of the gossip machine at school.

Hunter is a tough guy MMA fighter who is in his senior
Rachelle
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is going to seem really mean, and I don't entirely want it to be, but this book is one of the reasons I've stopped reading New Adult. At first the story was good, we meet both characters, Lorrie and Hunter, in a nontraditional way and their relationship is cute (I loved the hockey game scene). But, less than a quarter of the way through, things take a turn for the worse.

Lorrie is extremely confusing. I understand that she wants some space due to her parental situation, but whenever she sta
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
This is probably my fault but I can't stop comparing these fighter books to Beautiful Disaster, and the part that sucks is that none compare :(

I liked Wrecked, however I didn't fall in love with it. Lorrie was okay, but after all the ish she has been through she was too calm for me, I wanted to see her breakdown and put herself together. Harsh? Maybe! I know people grieve differently, she was just "too" everything...

The end though? It messed with me. I was like really?! You're going to do that t
~`*Ella Lee*`~
Dec 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
SPOILERS INCLUDED******************************************************************************************

So this is definitely one of those books where that, if the two leads communicated instead of holding off their secrets, it would have been so much better. Their lack of communication didn't make it angsty (which is what it's usually aimed at doing)....just made it irritating. I guess you could say it wasn't executed very well. I could have seen this story really taking off. I mean who does
Kelly
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***ARC received in exchange of an honest review***

I need to read the second book as soon as it comes out!
That was a really good read with an awesome storyline even if there were little details bothering me sometimes. I couldn't put it down because I needed to know the end.

I didn't expect this book to be so emotional. At first, I thought it would be an usual romance with a fighter, but then the author adds THAT to the story. You'll know what I'm talking about when you'll read it, because here I
Polly
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 46%
So predictable and yet another cliche storyline that I saw coming from a mile away

*Received ARC for honest review*
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This was an alright read. I enjoyed it, but I thought it could have been way better. The storyline was just okay for me. Nothing really big hit me. Also, I thought Lorrie was an okay character. I could not really relate to her. However, I did truly love Hunter. He was the reason for me continuing to read this book. The ending could have been better. I thought it was a bit predictable. I will continue the series to see if these ch
Chandra

Romance Rating 3 Stars
Heat Level 4 Stars
Overall Rating 3.5 Stars

description

Well…where to start. I received this book through Netgalley, and I was very excited to read it. Ratings were kind of meh, but the story looked promising, and it was…towards the end of the book. But, the first half of the book, not so much. I actually wanted to quit reading it a few times, but pu
Future Slayer Girl
Wrecked. Oh, Wrecked, my high expectations were so brutally shot down by the end of this tragic love story.

Ok, I have to attempt to put into words how totally great this story started out, how by the middle I was ready to give up, then it perked up once H/h got their act together. Then I was rolling my eyes at the fact a 1/4 of the book was a power session in passion, all of it, just shoved into one part of the book, then its love, then its tragic again, then we have the--wait for it--misunders
♥Sharon♥
Dec 23, 2013 rated it liked it
2.75 Stars

I came upon Wrecked on NetGalley as a "read now" book so I downloaded and decided to give it a try.

I'm not sure if I should be writing a review or not because I probably should have just decided to not finish it but I kept at it hoping that in the last 50% of the book things would change but in the end I was still left feeling a bit frustrated.

Wrecked is Lorrie and Hunter's story. Lorrie has decided to return to college to try and put her life back together. What has happened in Lorr
Barbara Ann
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wrecked is a poignant, heart-breaking love story about Lorrie and Hunter, two emotionally fragile individuals who meet at Arrowhart College as they both silently struggle to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives. They meet at the very beginning of the novel, when Lorrie finds herself in a precarious situation, and it is Hunter who comes to her rescue. Beyond the immediate physical attraction between them, I think on a sub-conscious level they recognize the other’s hidden pain, and their mu ...more
Kathylill
Nov 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
This was kind of a disappointment. When I read the description for ‘Wrecked’ I was excited to read it. I am not averse to the new adult genre as a whole or steamy college sex with a Mary Sue kind of girl and tattooed bad boy. I am a sucker for books featuring tall, muscled and tattooed guys practicing martial arts or sports like ice hockey, football etc (an equivalent for the tall, heavily muscled Viking / Indian / Earl or even the occasional Gypsy). I’ve read a few other new adult novels and so ...more
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. College Romance [s] 4 35 Feb 16, 2015 04:56PM
Kindle Book Sharing: Wrecked by Priscilla West 8 11 Apr 08, 2014 04:25PM
Shut Up & Read: Wrecked by Priscilla West 46 27 Feb 20, 2014 09:26AM
Goodreads Reviewe...: This topic has been closed to new comments. REVIEW FOR WRECKED 1 19 Dec 18, 2013 08:12AM
  • Domino Effect (Domino, #1)
  • Beneath the Surface (Reluctance, #1)
  • Knock Out (Worth the Fight, #1)
  • Fighting Love (Love to the Extreme, #2)
  • Shattered (Extreme Risk, #2)
  • Too Consumed (Consumed, #2)
  • Layers Deep (Layers Trilogy, #1)
  • No One's Hero (Chadwell Hearts, #2)
  • Without Doubt (Without, #2)
  • A Fighting Chance
  • Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)
  • Uncaged Love, Volume 1 (Uncaged Love, #1)
  • Wrecked
  • The Silver Chain (The Unbreakable Trilogy, #1)
  • Chains
  • Fight For Me
  • Beautiful Addictions
  • Put Me Back Together
Priscilla West is a USA Today Bestselling author of the Forever series.

Her next book, Fearless, the sequel to Reckless, will be released on November 17th, 2014

She enjoys: cuddles, men in suits, eskimo kisses, life-sized teddy bears, and eggs over medium.

You can find her at priscillawest.com
_____________________________________
The Forever series currently follows three different couples. You can c

Forever (7 books)
  • Forbidden Surrender (Forever, #1)
  • Secret Surrender (Forever, #2)
  • Beautiful Surrender (Forever, #3)
  • Rescued (Forever, #5)
  • Reckless (Forever, #6)
  • Fearless (Forever, #7)
“Daniela had said that he looked like a musician. Now I knew what she had meant. Looking at Justin made one word come to mind: Bieber.” 2 likes
“Sometimes it takes another person to see us for who we really are.” 0 likes