Start by marking “Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)” as Want to Read:
Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)

Sixth Grave on the Edge

(Charley Davidson #6)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  24,986 ratings  ·  2,230 reviews
Few things in life can come between a grim reaper and her coffee, but the sexy, sultry son of Satan is one of them. Now that Reyes Farrow has asked for her hand, Charley Davidson feels it's time to learn more about his past, but Reyes is reluctant to open up. When the official FBI file of his childhood abduction lands in her lap, Charley decides to go behind her mysterious ...more
Published May 20th 2014 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Sixth Grave on the Edge, please sign up.
Todd OMG Yes! But I can't fathom who they would cast as Reyes... He is too broody & otherworldly to be just any actor.. My imagination & how I…moreOMG Yes! But I can't fathom who they would cast as Reyes... He is too broody & otherworldly to be just any actor.. My imagination & how I picture him in the books could never be satisfied with even the most brilliant of casting decisions. :/(less)
Karina
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  24,986 ratings  ·  2,230 reviews

Start your review of Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
“Sweet,” I said, astounded at my acting skills. I should’ve gone to Hollywood when I had the chance, but when that old man offered to take me that one time at an abandoned gas station in the middle of nowhere, I wasn’t sure I could trust him. Mostly because he had rope, duct tape, and lots of condoms in his backseat. Still, I’ll never know what could have come of it. How far I could have risen.
There are two types of people in the world. Those who hate Charley Davidson, and those who will love
Marianne
UPDATED REVIEW, JUNE 4TH:

As usual Charley is busy as a PI with at least one client; and a soulless one at that, she is also solving a mystery, playing matchmaker with Ubie and Cookie, trying to figure out all of her Grim powers, and on top of all that, attempting to find out what the Dealer, with his unsavory eating habits, is really up to AND why Rocket’s so behind in his work…

Then of course, there is that simple yes/no question that needs to be answered. Poor Reyes - he might possess that kind
*~*~~*~reading~**~till~**~forever*~~*~*
BOOK NUMBER SIX?????

yes, YES, YES!!!

More Charley!

aaaaaand.... more Reyes! Yum!!!!

description

wait, who said that!!??!!??!!??

And it's coming out 2014!!!

*looks at screen again*

[image error]

description

... because I ended up....

*********

update ^.^

OMG WE GOT A COVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert: Jun month Kindle deal $2.99

4.5 Stars

I know that Charley Davidson’s ‘always on’ sense of humor is not for everyone….but I love it. I always enjoy the intro quote to every chapter and her banter with the people around her friends, enemies and nigh fiancés and that is my big draw to this series. That and of coarse the incredibly sexy son of Satan Mr. Reyes Farrow.

“He looks like, I don’t know.” She dared a quick look over my shoulder. “Have you ever seen the sky at night when the stars
Jane
*sigh* And here's the point in a series when I start to wonder whether my rating ends up skewed. Am I rating this better than I would for a book without Charley? Am I rating it worse than I would if I hadn't read better in the series? No clue.

So down the middle I go with 3 stars for this one. The story was too scattered, the cases too vague, and too many threads were left unresolved in the end. But, it's Charley, and I love that chick.

Christina
UPDATE:
Beware, there may be a few spoilers.

I can't even express how much I love this series! why is there only one Reyes Farrow that is, unfortunately, fictional?! I WANT ONE!!!! ::stamps foot like a spoiled child:: I adore his & Charley's relationship & refuse to believe that it can end any other way than happily & them spending eternity together. Can't happen any other way. No way. Uh uh. I really enjoyed the fact that we got some more info on this impending war & I'm hoping
K
Apr 22, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Edit:
Dammit I need to know what Charley's answer will be! 2014 Is too far awayy and i need my dose of Reyes like right now.

I hope there's a ton more of this series. It's that good.

************************************************************************

WE HAVE A TITLE!!

I can't wait for this book! I just know its gonna be awesome & the title is exciting! I neeed this!
Krystin Rachel
I feel like this book is a watershed moment for the series. If you’ve been loving the ride so far, this book is going to test just how invested you really are in sticking it out with Charley.

If you’ve been iffy about Charley, whether-or-not you like her and her constant slapstick bullshit – then this book is going to be what tips you over the edge on either side.

It is not your typical Charley Davidson novel. If you’re expecting to find a PI case that Charley takes from beginning to end….sorry,
Dianne
May 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't get me wrong, I did plow though this book like there was no tomorrow, but why an author would leave so many threads and plots unfinished or just brought up at the beginning of the book never to go back to them again is a mystery to me.

I understand that this series is going to be a long one, or at least that is what I assume it is going to be and maybe the author doesn't want to clear up too much at one time - but there are too many side stories that are not getting any closure. Perhaps
Jilly
I made a promise to myself. No more getting tortured for - I counted on my fingers - two, no THREE months.

I'm happy to report that Charley does NOT get tortured in this book, for a change. Of course she gets hurt and attempts are made on her life. I mean, come on. She lives to drive people to the edge. Even her friends have to refrain from trying to kill her every day. Like when she calls Special Agent Carson from the FBI. They have been working together for a while now, but Charley still
MissBecka
I liked the extra time we get with Angel & Cookie in this one, but Rocket and his girls were barely a thought in this book.
We get some new characters and the cases are interesting enough, I was just disappointed with the amount of time spent with some of my favourite side characters.
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I didn't like this one much. I think it's one of the weakest, if not the weakest, books in the series. The story was pretty boring and it just spiked up a bit in the end, because duh its the climax so what would it be if not intense. I didn't care much about anything that was going on. The whole gig between Reyes and Charley was boring. The tension between these two is getting less as well. Meh. But the thing that got me angry was the cliffhanger. Spoilers and rant ahead.

(view spoiler)
Rowing
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wait a second....there is a sixth book too?

and in 2013???

YESSSSSS!!!!
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
"My plate is overflowing but I can multitask like a Mofo"...

should be on Charley's t-shirt! She's back with her crazy private investigating and grim reapering ways but the most important part is what's going on with her and all-things-sexy Reyes!

Things are typical with Charley...too much going on and things coming from every which direction. The thing I love about DJ's writing is how effortless she has them all flow and come together. It's such a great journey!

We get to see some more
Yodamom

Oh My Gravy ! What did you do Charley ?!?!?!?!?! Wooweee this is going to be fun to watch. I loved the book, loved the new characters, loved the new love story LOVED what Reyes did on his car, and wow Cookie's daughter is ruined for life ! I was a smidgen miffed that I didn't get the whole story on a certain kitchen accessory, but waiting has it's rewards.
Waiting oh Mother of all things desperate. Wow, am I supposed to be able to wait for this bomb to explode in the next book ? I am just not
Ferdy
Spoilers

I kind of hated the last couple of Charley Davidson books, everything about them bothered me… What made things even worse was how much I initially loved the series, so for it to go downhill really pissed me off. I wanted to love the series like I used to — sadly, I doubt that'll ever happen. However, I am at least starting to like the series again, I still hate a lot of things (mainly Reyes) but there's also things I'm actually enjoying.

Random thoughts:

-I did quite enjoy the story, it
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Holy cliffhanger, Batman! Darynda sure knows how to end a book with a jaw-dropping moment. It may take my poor heart a good long while to recover from this one, but seeing as the next book comes out in October, rest assured, recover I will.

At this point, picking up a new Charley Davidson book feels a lot like coming home after a long and rather painful absence. Darynda’s characters have such strong personalities that it’s almost too easy to imagine them having lives beyond these pages. Getting
♥Rachel♥
As usual Charley had me laughing my ass off. Darynda Jones has an amazing sense of humor. One of my favorite T-shirt lead ins:

Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?

Loved those walls coming down between Reyes and Charley, both figuratively and literally!

I'm completely addicted, so I'm onto the next one very soon!

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
I love this series!

Re-read Aug.2,2019
It's funny how many things you forget when you forget to continue through the series but glad my friends have pushed me to re-start this series. Thanks ladies :)
Well Charley does need to learn a lot about her reaper position, I mean really needs to learn. Everyone keeps telling her that she can do anything but I feel like her what exactly is it that she can do?! LOL but this was definitely an up and down emotional book, funny and sad moments. I so need to get
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Book 6 was a bit different from previous books. Earlier books felt like they had one main case and few smaller cases that Charley worked on. In book 6, it never felt like there was one big case. It seemed more like a bunch of smaller cases.

-There was the naked elderly man who has been riding in the back seat of her jeep since book 5.
-A child abduction cold case who she strongly thinks may be Reyes abduction that FBI agent Carlson handed her at the end of book 5.
-A young, severely traumatized
Mea
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I WANT IT NOWWWW

I WANT TO KNOW HER ANSWER!!!
They just can't end a book like that. I..I NE..NEED..T..T.TO. KNOWWWWW!

Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Charley is dealing with “Post Traumatic Death Disorder” in this even campier, quirkier installment.

Opening Sentence: “A girl, a mocha latte, and a naked dead man walk into a bar,” I said, turning to the naked dead man sitting in my passenger seat.

The Review:

Sixth Grave on the Edge is another fun but stress filled story in the Charley Davidson series. This series has been a very entertaining series to me so far. I enjoy the humor and wit.
Lauren Stoolfire
Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson #6) by Darynda Jones is such a fun and laugh-out-loud urban fantasy novel. I don't know how but this series just keeps getting better and better. I'm thoroughly invested now in all of the characters, from Charley herself to Reyes, Cookie, and even Mr. Wong. If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend it especially on audiobook. Lorelei King is easily one of my all time favorite narrators.
Hollis
Welp, that's two books back to back with very cliffhanger-like endings and I suppose if I wasn't already committed to reading these that alone would keep me coming back to this series. Because that brief reprieve I had with book five was not present here.

Look. Charley has ADD, a ridiculous coffee obsession, is full of inappropriate humour, and all sorts of whacky personality traits. We know this, we've learned to mostly accept (though not necessarily like) this. But it seemed turned wayyyy up to
alicat ♡➹♡
4.5 stars.

This was my favorite book so far - Charlie made me laugh out loud several times instead of just giggling. I enjoyed her relationship with Reyes and all of her friends.

There was a bit too much going on with her job and investigations, though. I mean she had like 5-6 different things going on?

I'm nervous for the next book as it looks like things are about to change dramatically.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Hmmm... Not sure how I feel about this book; on one hand - there was much Reyes in it = PERFECT, on the other hand - I don't like how Charley acts, thinks or does'. Yes, I like her comments here and there, but those moments where she is serious/takes things seriously, which is so damn rare, are when I like the book the most. But since they are so rare, I barely like the book.
“He would rip out his spine if I let him.”
She patted my knee. “I would expect nothing less from the son of evil
Andreea Pop
OMG!!! Another one???? I'm in book heaven!

Gimme, gimme, gimme!!!

I WANT. NEED. MORE Charley SARCASM and *squee* Reyes freaking Farrow!

Hope this series will have 15-20 books, because I can't seem to get enough of it! <3
I know Charley's sense of humour isn't for everyone but I love her and lets face it if you don't like her then I'm pretty sure you'll have given up this series long before you reached book six. Charley may be more than a little insane but has a heart of gold and she's willing to put herself in danger to help even strangers so it's no wonder she has loyal friends. I love her friendship with Cookie and her daughter Amber, I love how protective her uncle Ubie is of her and of course, like pretty ...more
Julie
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Cliffhangers. Some cliffhangers make you go “OMGOMGOMG!!!”. Some make you go “Oh dear God no, No, NOOOOOO!!!” and some others make you want to throw your book across the room. Some make you want to scream at the top of your lungs while others make you calmly put the book down, sit back in your chair and have you say “whoaaa”.

The end of this book will make you say “whoaaa”.

Sixth Grave on the Edge is the sixth book in Darynda Jones’ Charley Davidson
Moondance
"A girl, a mocha latte and a naked dead man walk into a bar," I said, turning to the naked dead man sitting in my passenger seat.

Charley is back in another zany adventure. The FBI wants her to look into a kidnapping that occurred 30+ years ago and leads her to more information on Reyes. A new client introduces her to a soul eating demon and she is trying to get Ubie AKA Uncle Bob to ask Cookie out on a date.

Charley is proficient at multitasking. Or perhaps that is the ADD and 24 hour coffee. She

• Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)
  • Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Grave Visions (Alex Craft, #4)
  • Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
NYTimes and USA Today Bestselling Author Darynda Jones has won numerous awards for her work, including a prestigious RITA, a Golden Heart, and a Daphne du Maurier. As a born storyteller, she grew up spinning tales of dashing damsels and heroes in distress for any unfortunate soul who happened by, annoying man and beast alike. She currently has two series with St. Martin's Press, the Charley ...more

Charley Davidson (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)
  • Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)
  • Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
  • The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #10)
  • Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)
“Reyes. Alexander. Farrow," I said.

Seconds after I spoke his name, Reyes walked into his bedroom, and I looked across the open space directly from my room into his.

He waited for me to continue.

"I feel like there's something missing from my bedroom."

A dimple appeared at the corner of his mouth. "You don't say."

"Any idea what that might be?"

He glanced around my room as well, then shrugged. "I can't imagine."

"Oh, wait," I said, stepping from my room into his, "wasn't there something here? Like, I don't know, a wall or something?"

He looked up. "You could be right. I do seem to remember a barrier of some kind here."

"Yep," I said, stepping closer, "I definitely remember a partition separating our apartments." When his only response was a mischievous tilt of his full mouth, I asked, "Where did you put my wall?"

He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against his doorframe. "What makes you think I took it?"

"It was there this morning."

"And that means I took it? Maybe you just misplaced it. Where exactly did you see it last?"

I pressed my lips together. "You tore down my wall."

The smile he wore could've charmed the panties off a nun. Completely unrepentant, he admitted, "I tore down your wall.”
133 likes
“Oh, my. What a lovely shade of bitch you're wearing today. --T-SHIRT” 120 likes