Start by marking “Fable (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fable (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #3)

Fable (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale #3)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  11,430 Ratings  ·  607 Reviews
All that glitters is not gold.

When something precious is stolen from sixteen-year-old Mina Grime, she will do anything in her power to get it back, even if it means traveling to the dangerous Fae plane and battling one of the strongest fairy-tale villains yet.

However, nothing can prepare Mina for the dangerous obstacles she will face in the Fae world, or the choices she mu
Published August 27th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published August 23rd 2013)

Brittany
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can’t decide how I feel about this book. I am a hot mess, my emotions and moods bouncing back and forth worse than Mina’s.

description

In the beginning, I could not stop myself from rolling my eyes…repeatedly. The horrid Brody Carmichael pining was back. I could not deal with her miserable, love sick self. I mean come on (view spoiler) you swoon at a funeral. Swoon! All the while your supposed best friend is dating him. This goes back to what I said a
Tachi
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, 3rd-in-a-series
No release date?? NO RELEASE DATE?? *takes a deep breath* What was that quote? 'Patience is a virtue.'
When this book comes out it'll be worth it. Yep... Worth it.

August 30-Review:
All that glitters is not gold. I wasn't expecting the fairy tale in the book this time to be involving Rumpelstilskin. But whether I knew it or not, and Chanda pulled it off. Her fairy tale retellings are the best retellings I've ever read so far.
At the beginning of the book, Mina has seemingly ignored the quests for
Isabelle
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HOLY CRAP!!! Jared Nooooo! I cried so much towards the end! I have loved the unfortunate fairy tales series and read all three books quite quickly not being able to put them down! BUT I HATED THIS ENDING ONLY BECUASE I LOVED JARED WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!! I was also a little diassapointed how she is sooo close to the end! I mean I wanted to read another million books in this series haha but I guess I also don't like it cause I don't want her to do her new last quest! She can't do that! Not to Jare ...more
Norah Una Sumner
Woah.Finally a good plot twist.

I really loved reading this book!And we finally get some answers.Mina was more tolerable in this one and we finally get to see a bit of Nan's bad ass side.That ending.Wow,I really loved it,even though it's pretty heart-breaking.I really got attached to these characters and their stories,can't wait to read Reign.

description
Haleema Hussain
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, favourites
This series has hooked me from the start and I'm loving it!! I can't put my phone down and find myself reading it any spare moment I can!!!
Taylor
Jun 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
I swear if Mina ends up with anyone other than Jared I'm going to throw myself out of a window.

...

On that note....

Can't wait for this book!
Steph Dormihal
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first two books in this series, I'm jumping out of my seat in excitement for this one. I really can't wait till it releases. I hope it's soon because I'm pretty sure I can't wait much longer.:)
Allison
I dont really like Brody and Nan together... It feels forced. But what I do want is Jared and Mina to be together!!!! Even though Jared is probably hundreds of years old and is Fae...
Erica Ravenclaw
Jul 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
So, eh... just so you know this entire review is a spoiler. Stop reading. Turn back now.

I'M NOT KIDDING.

I finished this book three days ago and I lack the energy and desire to write a review. My disappointment I have mustered for this book is consuming me. You see, the first two installments, albeit with a young MC and all things related were good! The entire take on the Grimm stories and fairy tales was enchanting and fresh, I wanted this to be so much more than a sappy 16 year olds love story
Haylee Huddleston
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*finishes book*
*looks at Hahn's blogspot*
*sees release date for last book isn't until next spring*
*curls up into a ball to hibernate through the fall and the winter*
Lori Palle
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“I would rather go through the front door and tackle the giants than have to life-saving-suck-kiss you for five minutes.”–Mina

Chanda Hahn’s latest in the Unfortunate Fairy Tale series does not disappoint. Mina is as feisty as ever and like in the previous books, the secondary characters and their scenes with her make a very entertaining tale. In Fable, like with Fairest, we’re once again dealing with the shocking ending from the previous book. This time, we start off a few months later, passing
Shayla
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay. So at this rate I don’t give that this review has spoilers.
So here is my rant.
-I HATE YOU TEAGUE. You just had to go and stab Jared?! I never had much against him but now if due to some crazy thing that he actually exists…he better run for his life because I got a list of tortures with his name written all over it.
- Epppppp!!!!! They kiss!!!!!! Finally!!!! My heart just went to heaven. I had such a huge fan girl attack. Then Jared was about to say I love you!!! Then he got stabbed -_-…… I
Megan
........................................................

DANG. YOU. TEAGUE. I. HATE. YOUR. STUPID.GUTS.

JARED. I. LOVE. YOU.
Megan Gillespie
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was really looking forward to this book! For the most part it was really enjoyable (although there were some editing errors). I was a little disappointed with the ending, but the more I thought about it, Chanda has set herself up for a great beauty and the beast tale. I can't wait for book 4!
Pia cano
Jul 01, 2013 rated it liked it
i cant wait till this book comes out . the cover is a picture of jared . i love jared and i was glad when brody ended up with nan . can wait . auther said it will come out either june or july!!!!:)
Jessica
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
It really hurts to give this book 2 stars but I have to be honest that it was simply ok. I liked the first two books in this series so much and I had high expectations for this book but the plot in this one came from left field. It felt like Fable didn't even belong in the series. Nan was M.I.A for three quarters of the book and the feel was just all wrong. I found myself skimming the pages to get the gist but not really caring all that much. Way too many new characters to introduce all at once ...more
Tiffany
This book......

This series started out with everything I could have on a wish list.
Witty best friend
Strong family ties
Bad boy love interest

But as the series progressed we saw each item on my wish list removed. Until the end of this one where Mina has none.

Now that my favorite character is dead. Or rather never existed, I think that will be all for me.

Kelly
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
oh such a emotional roller coaster. a reunion of teague and jared and a trip to thr fae realm exciting things, and devastating things happened. Im in shock still. Im looking forward to the next book though I must! find out what happens.
Gabs {My Full Bookshelf Reviews}
Chanda Hahn is one of my favorite authors. She's never written anything I didn't like. And I really liked Fable.

The book starts off, and Chanda Hahn captured my attention right from the first scene. She doesn't waste any time getting right to the heart of the story! I was honestly a bit shocked when I started reading, because it starts off on a sad note. (You think....)

The plot had me on the edge of my seat at all times. It had so many twists and turns at just the right times, and I loved it! I
Elly
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler alert*

So it's really good. Mins has to travel to the fae world to get her brother back. Who was apparently killed in a house fire. She ventures into this world where she meets Nix who is a nixie and he helps her get to the palace. There she meets with Teague and he makes her kill a stiltskin then Jared runs in and they kiss (after she killed the stiltskin) then in the middle of Jared confessing her love to him Teague stabs him. This causing him to fall to the floor and slowly start to d
Kaydance
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So ready for this book I loved this series and the iron butterfly series waiting for both to come out ........,.anxious!!!!!
Virginia Henderson
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can not get enough of this series!!! The only thing that kinda bugged me was that there really wasn't a particular fairy-tale theme that continued to build up for the entire book. I know that Stiltskin (sorry if I spelled that wrong) was the main fairy-tale character, but, I don't know. It's probably just me. Anyway, I really enjoyed it and am already onto book 4!
Elizabeth (Elzburg)
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, ya
This is a two-for-one book review! The first review is from my first time reading this a couple years ago, and the second review is from today, September 10th.

(This review was written more than a year after reading this book.)

I was so excited to get this book. I pre-ordered it and everything. But when I read it... This book was just a huge disappointment to me. Chanda's writing was absolutely terrible and it ruined the book for me. Maybe the writing was like this the entire series and I never no
Aubrey
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
WARNING FOR SPOILERS AND PROFANITY. PLEASE DON'T CONTINUE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY READ THE BOOK.

This book pissed me off. For one thing, Mina was still after Brody even though her BEST FRIEND WAS FUCKING DATING HIM. And she swooned over Brody at her nine year old brother's fucking funeral! She's just like some pathetic, love sick puppy for the entire series and it pisses me off. I really want to punch Mina most of the time.

Though, there are some good moments. One of my favorite parts was when Jare
Gaelle R
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Ok, so I was very excited when iTunes informed me that this was available as I have been waiting ages to read it. The first two grabbed my attention so well and I loved where the direction of the story was headed and especially when Mina declares war on Teague. It was an amazing moment for Mina.

However, the third book has left me wanting. Not only do I feel absolutely disappointed in the fact that (view spoiler)
Kuga
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brittney
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Erin Wolak
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Chanda Hahn. She is one of the greatest authors I have found in a long time and this is one of the best books ever. I have loved Jared from book one was so so glad we got a little more of him in this one. I still don't know how I feel about Brody though, I think I kind of want to smack him. I know, I know, he's being manipulated by the quests and crud but seriously!! I feel like he kind of just keeps stringing her along. I thought the whole book was amazing however I am pretty sure I felt ...more
Lucille
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How dare you do that, Chanda Hahn! How could you!As if their relationship wasn't hard enough! And then you pull a stunt like that!

I am so mad... Actually I can't tell whether I'm mad or sad...

I have one word going through my head at the moment...
JARED!!!!!!
Megan
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Soooo much better than the last two. Mina is still mostly an idiot (especially after that last bit), but the plot has really picked up. There is more creativity in this one, more thought. I really enjoyed it.

Time to read the next!
Jared*****Spoilers***** 32 242 Apr 11, 2015 06:32PM
Fouth Book [An Unfortunate Fairy Tale] 3 24 Aug 21, 2014 08:14PM
number three? 2 37 Nov 28, 2013 03:50PM
DUE DATE OF FABLE! 10 69 Aug 21, 2013 07:53PM
Fable 16 55 Jul 29, 2013 07:55PM
  • Atone (A Fairytale Trilogy #2)
  • Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)
  • Love, Tink Collection (Love, Tink #1-6)
  • Peta (The Elemental Series, #3.5)
  • Blooms of Consequence (Dusk Gate Chronicles, #4)
  • Velocity (Gravity, #4)
  • Snow White (Faerie Tale Collection, #7)
  • Kaleidoscope (Faylinn, #1)
  • Love Bleeds (Blood and Snow, #9)
  • Created (Watched, #3)
  • Stray Love Hearts, Vol. 05
  • Princess and the Three Beasts 1
  • Feudlings in Flames (Fate on Fire, #2)
  • Dolmarehn (The Otherworld Series, #2)
  • Afterlife (The Swarm Trilogy, #2)
Chanda Hahn is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Reign An Unfortunate Fairy Tale. She was born in Seattle, WA, grew up in Nebraska and currently resides in Portland, Oregon with her husband and their twin children. She attended North Central University in Minneapolis Minnesota for Childrens Ministry. She was also a children's pastor, bookseller and children's librarian.

Books pu
More about Chanda Hahn

An Unfortunate Fairy Tale (5 books)
  • UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #2)
  • Reign (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #4)
  • Forever (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“The dragon flew up and settled in the crook of Mina’s hood, and quickly became invisible again.
“I don’t trust that thing,” Jared shot back.
“Relax, I find him quite cute. Isn’t that right, Ander?” She held up a finger and felt the invisible dragon rub its face against her.
“Great, you’ve named it, now you’re gonna want to keep it. But I’m telling you that thing better be house-trained.” He turned to the bookshelf and began to pull open the book to open the hidden exit door.
Mina felt Ander leave her shoulder but didn’t let Jared know he was missing. She saw Constance’s teacup float mysteriously above Jared’s head. She clapped her hand over her mouth to contain the laughter. A second later the cup turned over, spilling lukewarm tea on Jared’s unsuspecting head.
“Oh, it better not have just peed on me!” he screamed.”
34 likes
“Ladies first"
Mina Hesitated. "Uh, age before beauty."
"Grimms never win."
"Prince before pauper."
"Oh, fine. Just don't say chivalry is dead. 'Cause you had your chance.”
33 likes