Start by marking “Desejos Secretos” as Want to Read:
Desejos Secretos

Desejos Secretos

Aquele homem era insuportável Não era fácil viver com o insuportável Michael Donahue, ainda que fosse para cumprir os últimos desejos do seu tio. Contudo para a teimosa Pandora McVie foi ainda mais difícil não se apaixonar por ele. Algumas vezes, o último homem pelo qual pensamos apaixonar-nos é o que secretamente o nosso coração deseja…
Published 2013 (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Desejos Secretos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desejos Secretos

Anita
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book many, many years ago, BG (Before Goodreads). I remembered it during the very sad and moving scene when Pandora's workshop is vandalized. I really like this book. It is an early Nora from 1986, but it doesn't look its' age at all. Loved the H/h and their emeries to lovers story. I especially loved the way they decided early on that the other was not the enemy and decided to work together and then they fell in lust, then in love. Great Nora Romance.

Jolley McVie was quite a charac
Lauren
A Will and A Way
3.5 Stars

When her beloved uncle Jolley dies, Pandora is not only devastated but also furious as the eccentric old coot has left her his entire fortune with one condition … she must share it with Michael Donahue, a distant cousin by marriage who has always been her nemesis. Michael is none to happy to learn that he will have to spend six months in close quarters with the one woman who rubs him the wrong way … or is it that they rub each other the right way?

Michael and Pandora have
Kimberly
11/4/18 - $1.99 Kindle daily deal
Andreia Silva
Pandora e Michael conhecem-se desde sempre uma vez que são primos afastados e foram os únicos a contactar com o tio abastado e dono de um património grande. Quando morre, deixa um testamento peculiar para a maioria da família (que não acha lá muita piada) e uma exigência aos dois: viverem 6 meses na casa que ambos tão bem conhecem.

Ora, como é óbvio, eles não acham muita graça a isso mas, como gostam muito da casa e não a querem perder para ninguém, entram no esquema. E pouco a pouco lá se vão to
Susan
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was an easy read and I started off okay with it, but I really had trouble with the hero and heroine being cousins and having a relationship. I may have been able to get past them being cousins by marriage, but all throughout the book they kept calling each other "cousin" and the kissing cousin thing creeped me out. A lot. I stuck it out because I really hate giving up on books. It's doubtful I would have gone three stars even without that. It was fast and easy, but not certainly not fabulou ...more
Soraia
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Such a basic story. I read it in a couple of hours
iamGamz
A lovely who-dun-it, enemies to lovers story.

The H and h’s favorite uncle (they are cousins by marriage, not blood related) left them his entire fortune, including his home filled with priceless objects, while leaving the rest of the family with nothing. The h and H would inherit with one caveat; the live together in the house for 6 months.

The h and H aggravate the heck out of each other. So the family assumed that they would never make it. Until they realized that they were actually doing it.
Thebookofmama
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
vraiment un super livre je lis très peu de contemporain mais avec les fêtes qui arrive j'avais envie de lire un livre qui se passe pendant noël je l'ai lu en a peine un jour c'était vraiment addictifs je ne voulais pas m'arrêter en plus de l'histoire d'amour il y a un petit mystère a élucidé ceatut pas mal du tout en sachant que ça fait un mois que je suis sur heartless de marissa meyer et que je narriveais plus à lire ça ma remis dans al lecture
Chrys
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining read! Michael and Pandora have never had anything in common besides loving their Uncle Jolly, an old millionaire who loves pranks and having a good laugh. So when Uncle Jolly dies and leaves them a fortune on the condition that they live together for six months, Michael and Pandora find themselves trapped together in a situation they could have never foreseen. But when bickering transforms into attraction, they start wondering whether Uncle Jolly had planned for them a future t ...more
Ann
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading challenge #24 A book set during Christmas

A Will and a Way was a nice and enjoyable book. Pandora and Michael, distant relatives, lose their beloved uncle but inherit his manor and a lot of money if they manage to live together for six months.

They have known each other since they were little, for some reason they annoy each other. During the six months Pandora and Michael get to know each other in more intimate basis and of course realise they have loved one another for years.

Other rela
Maria
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-2012
This is an interesting story about two people who 'hate' each other (but probably conveniently play off each other instead). They get stuck in the same huge mansion for six months to save said mansion from their power/wealth-hungry relatives. It's an interesting story, and I like Nora Roberts' style, but it wasn't the best book.

At the time though, it was a great way to get my mind off my 'harder' books, and it was available. I needed a romance at the time. It wasn't frothy like a lot of the thin
Sue
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspense
3.5

Two strong, opinionated people are forced by a stipulation in a will to spend six months together, will they make it? Will they fall in love? I think it's obvious but then again this genre is not known for surprises but then again we do enjoy the journey.

This journey was quite good and the dialog was fun.
Gaysel
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was not spectacular but it certainly wasn't boring either. It kept me wanting to read more and I was also a little 'scared' at times for Pandora. A good read.
Carla Ramos
Jul 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
3,5

Não gostei particularmente das personagens, pareceram-me sempre distantes, a parte do mistério acabou por ser a mais interessante :)
Vicki
Sweet and simple.
Charlotte Griggs
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Connie N.
Seeing as this was written by Nora Roberts, I shouldn't be surprised that it was much more than a typical Silhouette romance. Our two main characters--Pandora and Michael--are distant cousins who both cared deeply for their Uncle Jolley, a rich eccentric. When he leaves them his millions as long as they can live under the same roof for 6 months, there start to be mysterious "accidents" that cause them to wonder if the rest of their family is trying to sabotage their success. When these accidents ...more
Nikki Brown
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do enjoy reading books by Nora Roberts and this one was no exception.

Uncle Jolley was eccentric to say the least, and when he died, his will was no exception. Having made all his bequests, the solicitor announced that Pandora and Michael would inherit his estate if they managed to live together for 6 months. Ever the romantic this was hours way of getting the 2 of them together. However, the pair disliked each other with a passion; once they'd thought about it, they decided to agree to his wis
Miranda
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance Readers
Pandora McVie has always adored her eccentric Uncle Jolley. When he passes away and leaves her his estate, she feels it is her duty to accept, if only to save his legacy from her horrendous and selfish family members. However, it turns out Uncle Jolley has found a way to provide mischief from beyond the grave. His last wishes are for Pandora to spend six months living in his remote estate with Michael Donohue, whom Pandora has known and loathed since childhood. But, perhaps Uncle Jolley could se ...more
Cheryl
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hannah
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great!! the only thing that was hard for me to get over throughout the book was pandora and Michael calling each other cousin. I know that they are technically coins by marriage and that is doesn't count because it is not a blood relative. I think it would have been better if the family aspect was told in the beginning and then the two would call each other by name or pet name rather than cousin. it almost ruined a few moments between them in my eyes. I hope this doesn't sound too ...more
Jenn Mollan
A throw away worth the sale price

I love the super natural series from Nora Roberts. Three sisters being the ones i re-read most often.i enjoy Nora Roberts' writing as a whole,enjoying characters and engrossing light reading.this one I'll not read again.i don't hate it,but i didn't care and i figured out too soon where it was going so i lost interest in finishing though i did it anyway.with a sale price afternoon read.being Nora Roberts writing,it's still better then many and worth three stars.
Marcia  Haskell
Fun romantic mystery with enough twists and turns

A little predictable for my taste, plus the fact that I never got invested in any of the characters. It was obvious that the villain was a family member, but I didn’t care which one was doing what. The other problem I had was that the scene setting wasn’t up to Nora Roberts usual standard. Almost as if someone said “Here’s the scene, Now you write it.”
Kim Davis
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazon has been putting NR's old Silhouette romances on sale, about once a month give or take, so I've been buying them as I see them. I read them all way back in the day, but I no longer have the books so this has been a good way to catch up. I do remember reading this one although I couldn't recall the ending. It was a fun, fast read.
Lire-une-passion
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"En résumé, une romance vraiment plaisante à lire, avec deux personnages qui n'ont pas leur langue dans leur poche, un Michael doué d'humour et d'autodérision, et d'une Pandora qui se laisse prendre à son jeu. Une lecture de Noël détente et qui fait du bien au moral !"

Chronique complète: http://lire-une-passion.weebly.com/ro...
Cherie Caviness
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Relatives can’t beat love

What an adventure Pandora and Michael have as they try to discover who is trying to murder them. Lots of twists and turns and unexpected moments, ripe with mystery and romance. Will they admit that they love each other or will they keep up the wall of pretense?
Corinne
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the story. A dear relative dies and in his will he leaves his house to his niece Pandora and his nephew Michael with the stipulation that they must stay together in the house for six months in order to receive everything. There is humor, suspense, and is reminiscent of an Agatha Christie novel. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Kasey Riley
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed A Will and a Way...but it seemed to drag in spots and was kind of predictable in other spots. Overall, I would recommend it to readers who really enjoy Nora Roberts...it is so much in her style and well written overall. Very well edited as a traditionally published work would be expected to be and enjoyable reading.
Pamela Gibson
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is vintage Nora, a good mystery, great characters, and excellent writing. Considering it was first printed over 30 years ago, it must have been one of her first and it probably was updated for the recent release. It's a quick read about two "kind of" cousins forced to live together to fulfill terms of their uncle's will. Classic trope, but it's very well done.
Soren Chargois
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read many bad romance novels and was expecting this to be the same, but I was pleasantly surprised. I actually found myself laughing out loud from some of the character interaction within the story. The tenderness of the characters towards one another pulled at my heartstrings, and Roberts does a phenomenal job at pulling the reader in and keeping them until the very last page.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Ready for Romance
  • A Cold Creek Noel (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #11)
  • His Expectant Ex (The Landis Brothers, #2)
  • Alma Rebelde
  • Baby At His Convenience
  • The Unclaimed Baby (and Baby Makes Three: The Next Generation)
  • Played (Deception Series, #2)
  • Escape From Cabriz
  • The Desert Prince's Convenient Bride - Belahan Jiwa Sang Pangeran Padang Pasir (O'Connells, #4)
  • As Gotas de um Beijo
  • Her Stolen Past (Family Reunions #3)
  • Breathless for the Bachelor (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Stolen Baby, #4)
  • A Dream Came True (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • He Could Be the One
  • In the Barrister’s Chambers (Regency Barrister, #1)
  • The Disobedient Bride (Hawk's Way #8)
  • Knot Guilty (Crochet Mystery, #9)