Start by marking “Darkness Bound (Night Prowler, #5)” as Want to Read:
Darkness Bound (Night Prowler, #5)

Darkness Bound

(Night Prowler #5)

Published June 24th 2014 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Darkness Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkness Bound

La-Lionne
Sooo good! It seems that the author has got her mojo back. Not that she had lost it completely before, but couple of the books before this one, wasn't as enjoyable, something was off. This one however, was a "BOOM, I'm back bitches".

This time we got to travel to the heart of the Brazilian jungle. Very fun trip. Loved Jack. To quote Hawk "The balls on this broad." Indeed. She is not your tipica heroine in these types of stories. She takes no shit from anyone, not even from the big bad Alpha with
Shauni
Originally reviewed for Tea and Book.

Unfreakingbelievable!! I swear this book is the best of J.T.Geissinger's Night Prowler Series and that is saying a lit because Ms. Geissinger has set the bar incredibly high.
Occasionally you find a series that captures your attention the minute you open the cover if the first book. J.T. Geissinger's Night Prowlers was just that type of series. Creative, unique and completely wonderful! Sadly we are nearing the end of this fantastic series as it's only a six
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Chelle:
*Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review

J.T Geissinger has a sensual quality to her work. Not the content - though that, at times, can be quite sexy! - but the silken prose. It flows with a harmony that is impossible not to be swept up in and settles in your brain like the most memorable of compositions. There's a reason J.T is an award winning author, and reading the NIGHT PROWLER novels, for me, is always a highly anticipated and thor
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review
Do you love shifters? DARKNESS BOUND is a fabulous paranormal romance with a new-to-me author, Ms. Geissinger. For those who love Christine Feehan's Leopard series, the Night Prowler series is for you. Full disclosure, I did not read the first four books in this series. I jumped into the fifth book and easily caught up to speed with the world building and storyline.

Jacqueline Dolan aka Jack is an investigative reporter who possesses a death wish. She travels to hostile locations during dangerou
Sandy S
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date June 24, 2014

Tough, smart, and seriously ambitious, reporter Jacqueline “Jack” Dolan despises the secretive clan of shape-shifters known as the Ikati—and has become determined to destroy them. After she writes an editorial arguing for their extermination and turns public opinion against them, the Ikati vow to fight back. They plot to send one of their own to seduce the reporter, then blackmail her into writing a retraction.

Women practically fall at the feet of hulkin
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I Couldn't finish. I got to 78% read of Darkness Bound. "I went back and finished." Please read edited review at the bottom. I left my first review with a few changes in place, to show I went from 1 star review to 5 star review: I guess I kept reading this series to find out who the actual villains or the bad guys are in the Night Prowler series. Would there be a world for the Ikarti with out all the violence. But they are all Evil Depraved Characters The Ikarti, The Expurgarti The Jihads they a ...more
Kristin
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jack wrote an unfavorable article about the Ikati. Thus, gaining the attention of the ikati, who aren't too thrilled to be written in an unfavorable manor. An idea is born that if Jack comes to their colony and witnesses how they aren't so bad after all, she will write an article discrediting her previous work. However, she's not just gonna go willingly into an area overrun with creatures. It isn't until there's a little blackmail involved that she decided to trudge into the monsters den.

Jack i
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
MINI AUDIOBOOK REVIEW
Rating: 5/5
Heat Rating: 3/5
Narrator Performance: 4.5/5

Best of the series so far!!!

Jack and Hawk worked well together and I enjoyed their romance. Jack was an extremely strong woman. It was easy to admire her fierceness. And man did I love it when Hawk stood up to his oppressor. Plus his gift was really cool.

While listening this I had this feeling of trepidation whenever the twins were in a scene. I was actually holding my breath at some points! Their's was a secondary plot
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
I wasn't sure if I'd like Jack (Jacqueline) or Hawk. Jack wrote an editorial arguing the Ikati are evil and need to be exterminated. I didn't like Hawk at first either because of the whole blackmailing and kidnapping thing. Nothing says you might change your mind if you really get to know "us" like blackmail and kidnapping!

Jack shows her strength and empathy. Hawk shows his as well. I was rooting for both of them individually and as a couple. I was really enjoying this and thinking this would be
Lorna
A Secret society of black panther shifters is the backdrop for the latest installment of the Night Prowler series by J.T.Geissinger. This series is as addicting as it is well written. It is also one of my very favorite paranormal series ever. I went into the book thinking it was the last book of the series but was recently corrected by the author and that was a very happy moment. Just one more left after this book though, but I would happily read as many of these as the author would write.

Jacque
Zita
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-arcs
Awesome addition to the series…

This is the fifth book in the Night Prowler series and should be read in series order.

The Ikati shape shifters are collapsing their strongholds in an effort to remain hidden from their enemies which are comprised of governments, religious zealots, and secret organizations, most of the human race and some of their own kind. They are converging in the rainforests of Brazil.

Jacqueline “Jack” Dolan is a reporter whose recent editorial after the events in Rome has brou
Rachel V.
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
This book was slightly different than the other books in the series. Despite the differences of the main characters backgrounds and things I still really enjoyed reading the story of Jack and Hawk.

Jack is a tough girl but she has had to be given the things that happened to her in the past and the situations she puts herself in for her job. I admire her backbone and the fact that she captured Hawk’s heart. When Jack offered to take Hawk’s punishment I knew that she would win over the Ikati very e
Mskychick
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this from Goodreads First Reads. I have been a long time fan of J.T. Geissinger. I think the Night Prowler series just keeps getting better. This is a fantastic PNR series that keeps me coming back for more.

The Ikati are panther shifters, and we slowly learn more about them with each book. There's a psychopathic ruler of one sect of the Ikati named Caesar who wants to take over the world and sadistically rule humans. Humans found out about the Ikati because of Caesar's monstrous actions, a
Make
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
DARKNESS BOUND is one of my favorite of the series. It can be read as a standalone, but readers will get a greater appreciation of the action having read the previous books. I'm very sad that the next book will wrap up the series, as I've been loving it so much I'm not ready to see it end.

Please see my full review at Fresh Fiction:
Tammy
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
J.T. does it again!! Review coming soon.
Hard12luv
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hawk and Red...love knows no end
Justine Schauer (Book Catharsis)
Cannot wait to start the next book!!!

Another head strong, sassy, independent woman and brooding, passionate, protective alpha male. I love how all of these stories are tied together and that you still get glimpses of the characters from the previous books. Each character’s strengths play such important roles and their love stories, though all similar, are also so unique and special.

When Jenna tells Jack that her gift of writing is even more important than any of Jenna’s gifts and that she, an o
AMO
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than book 4

This book redeemed itself from book 4 and gives a better insight into the life of a colony referenced in other books but never visited in the storylines. Definitely ends on a cliffhanger but didn’t mind it too much. As with many of these books, felt the end was a bit rushed - hence why only 4 stars. But if that doesn’t bother you too much then a good continuation of the series.
Lynne
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very satisfying. After the horrible things Caesar had done in previous books, there needed to be some way to stop him or at least prevent him from achieving his malicious, mass-murderer and torturer dreams. I do see some tantalizing dangling plot points that might lead to future stories and I am looking forward to them.
Clare Sanders
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For readers with open imaginations

As with this whole series so far they have all been tremendously addictive to read. If you have a great Imagination you will lose yourself in these books easily
Brianna
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense.

I think that there real world could learn a thing or two about itself from this book. I love the intensity at which this book both acknowledges itself and the sensitive topics and then throws them at the reader.
Natalie
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darkness Bound

Wow this was epic. Her children are scary good and I'm ready to see the showdown. I'm glad Caesar was killed like that, perfect. Wonder what happened to Alejandro.
Maureen
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! But I'm scrambling to start the next after that cliff hanger of an ending!
Shantie
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm confused by the ending.
BooksSaveMe
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good!
Marta Cox
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I kept seeing this authors name crop up but you know how it is , so many good books out there so sometimes you hold off from starting yet another series in case the hype is wrong. I luckily won a copy of the third book in the Night Prowler series so thought why not buy the first two and I confess I'm hooked! This author has a great imagination and delivers fast paced adventure with great world building and it's truly a wonderful thing!
This book quite literally starts with a bang as our heroine J
Yogi
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
diane
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read

I liked this book, the characters were fascinating and easy to relate to. Hated the beatings though. I was left wondering at the end though so waiting for the next installment.
Linda McDowell
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

I like this author. Story is unbelievably believable I want to read another of his books before I make any more statements
Suzan
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
Absolutely loved this book! It's the penultimate book in the series which is kinda sad cause I don't want the series to end! In the previous books we've been to the English colony and the Rome colony as well as a couple of places in between but this book takes the story to the Brazilian colony and I loved seeing how different they were to the English and Rome colonies. They're more isolated and so seem to be even deeper into the old ways and old rituals that the other colonies no longer celebrat ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Allegiance (Penton Legacy, #4)
  • Cry Little Sister
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Parallel Desire (Midnight Warriors, #4)
  • Loyalties (The Flesh Cartel #8)
  • Lost In Light (Teacher's Pet, #1)
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Extinguish (Extinguish, #1)
  • Kick (Forbidden, #1)
  • Twilight Hunter (Execution Underground, #1)
  • West (Roam #5.5)
  • Body Master (The Body, #1)
  • Out of Control (The Sentinels, #0.5)
  • Immortal Surrender (The Curse of the Templars, #2)
  • Fury of Ice (Dragonfury, #2)
J.T. Geissinger is a bestselling author of emotionally charged romance and women’s fiction. Ranging from funny, feisty romcoms to intense, edgy suspense, her books have sold more than one million copies and been translated into several languages.

Meet JTG in her private reader group on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2xbtnY3

Night Prowler (6 books)
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
  • Edge of Oblivion (Night Prowler, #2)
  • Rapture's Edge (Night Prowler, #3)
  • Edge of Darkness (Night Prowler, #4)
  • Into Darkness (Night Prowler, #6)
“It’s your fault that I’m all upside down and inside out and can’t tell my ass from the end of my nose!”
“It must be hard since they both look alike!”
0 likes
“Love had finally found him, and so had love’s bastard brother. Misery.” 0 likes