Start by marking “With You (Tear Asunder, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
With You (Tear Asunder, #0.5)

With You

(Tear Asunder #0.5)

Sculpt is an illegal fighter.

He’s also the lead singer of a local rock band.

No one knows his real name.

And from the moment I met him, he made me forget mine.

In order to convince Sculpt to give me self-defense lessons, I had to follow his one rule—no complaining or he’d walk. I didn’t think it would be a problem. I could handle a few bruises. What I hadn’t anticipated was l
Published December 20th 2013 by Nashoda Rose (first published December 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about With You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With You

Start your review of With You (Tear Asunder, #0.5)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
Prequel novella FREE for a limited time! [AMAZON LINK]

photo Rose Tear asunder 05 Title by SueBee_zpswzxbem4l.jpg
 photo ta05 cover xBT by sb_zpsnpisnmba.gif
 photo ta05 stat100 xB by sb_zpsvewsmezl.gif
★★★★ ½! With you (prequel to stand-alone book 1). Musician & underground fighter’s relentless pursuit of innocent & plain girl in need of self-defense lessons!

“I’m a fighter, Mouse. And I know what I want in life, and I’m not scared to take it. I want you. I’m not walking away from you.”

Books in Tear Asunder series should be read in order:
Part 0.5: With You - Sculpt & Emily
Book 1: Torn from You - Scul
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ @bookwormthoughts
Reviewed on 9th January

4.5, 'What just happened at the end?' Stars

♥ 'With You,' is the novella story of how Sculpt and Emily met.....

Sculpt, "Seriously the guy was too attractive for his own good," is a tattooed, illegal, fighter and the lead singer of rock band, Torn. A heady combination with lots of possibilities for a fabulous story.

Emily is a girl who wants to learn how to fight. She NEEDS to learn in order to move forward from the demons of her past; demons which have affected her conf
Sana
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I haven't read the books yet, but I'm going to start them, especially after reading this damn good prequel.

It is highly recommended, that you read this prequel before you even read the blurb for the first book!

This review contains spoiler.

So this prequel is left off at a major cliffhanger and now that I've read the blurb for book 1 everything makes sense.

We meet Emily aka Mouse who wants to get self defense lessons from Sculpt. He's tattooed, dangerous, does illegal fighting, and has a sexy ra
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
5--Oh sweet baby Jesus I need my own Sculpt--Stars!!!

Sculpt:

Underground fighter.

"I'm a fighter, Mouse. And I know what I want in life, and I'm not scared to take it. I want you. I'm not walking away from you."

Lead singer of a band.

"The new song tonight, it's for you, Eme."

Dominant and controlling.

"I kiss you Emily...there's no going back. No other guy kisses you, touches you, or gets to taste what's mine. I don't share."

"Emily. You're a fuckn' trophy. My trophy."

Mysterious.

Christy
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Christy by: Michelle
3.5 Sculpt stars!
 photo ec6cc679-fee7-4060-a421-a55df589e918_zps5f0bd736.jpg

This novella is a prequel to Torn from You. It’s a 0.5, so I would recommend reading it before the first book. It shows you how Emily and Sculpt met, and what happened before the crazy happend.

As I was reading this novella, all that kept running through my head was ‘I know I heard this was supposed to be a dark read. Right?’ Sculpt was an alpha male, but he actually seemed sort of sweet. Then I got to the end. It left me in a state of 'WTF is going on'. So I had to jump dire
✰ Liz ✰
“I kiss you Emily . . . there’s no going back. No other guy kisses you, touches you, or gets to taste what’s mine. I don’t share.”-Logan

description

I simply cannot say enough about my adoration for everything written by Nashoda Rose. Somehow I missed this novella and I simply had to go back and read it. To be completely honest, I think I enjoyed it even more knowing how their story was going to unfold.

Emily aka "Mouse" wants to learn how to fight. She recently survived a vicious attack. She approaches L
Glass
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Remington Tate, Travis Maddox and every other possesive bastard out there.;)
Shelves: way-too-hot, novella
What the... With You by Nashoda Rose is a short introduction to her Tear Asunder series that will be published on the same day as a first novel, Torn from You. I am not usually happy with this kind of reads, but With You was perfect. It gives you a small perspective of characters and their lives "before".

The ultimate alpha male of the bookish world. You read book description? I'm guessing that one of the things you're thinking is what BS is this - fighter, bloody illegal fighter, singer in a r
Penny
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, d-read-dark
It's an OK novella. It feels like I have read something like that before though.

Emily is incredibly naive and gullible. My, could she be more manipulable?! She does not act as a 20 year old, more like a 16 year old. I had to remind myself constantly that I was not reading a young-adult book, that she was an adult.
Sculpt is sexy, mysterious, domineering and self-confident, which is the perfect recipe to get my attention. But seriously, being very good at fighting AND singing?, jeez he really is
Jen
This was a quick read, and an introduction to how Sculpt and Emily meet. Sculpt is an illegal fighter, as well as a lead singer in a band called Torn. The thing is, he is extremely mysterious. Nobody really knows much about him. Regardless, Emily falls hard and fast for him when he gives her fighting lessons. She had asked for them after she had been attacked a little while back. He definitely sweeps her off her feet!

This is my first read of Nashoda Rose, and so far I'm hooked! I'm loving her wr
Mo
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it

Fairly quick read. Nothing special really I'm afraid to say. Maybe the next one will have the WOW factor.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***2 Stars***

Well that was...

I went into this prequel not knowing much and I feel like I have no added knowledge after reading it. Nothing made much sense. The whole novella felt flat, forced and rushed.

Emily and Sculpt meet during one of his fights where she asks for his help in teaching her how to defend herself, and then we have a five week time jump. And during those five weeks they "got to know each other." And I mean that in the loosest way possible. Throughout most of this book, they nev
Alexis *Reality Bites*
MILD SPOILERS
2.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance

photo 6688f920-1_zps9bd95e03.png

So I guess this is one of those everybody loves it except for me type deals.

Twenty year old Emily was recently attacked and has decided that she wants to get some defense lessons. She along with her best friend Kat go to an underground fight to seek out the best. A fighter that goes by the name Sculpt.

Things escalate from there pretty quickly.

We get some background on Emily but Sculpt..the only thing we learn about him is his first name. Lo
Michelle
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***UPDATE*** There is now a copy available on Amazon with both With You & Torn From You in one book with a bonus scene from Logan's POV. You can get the new edition on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1durj96

For those that already read the books, you can get the POV at Nashoda's website and while you are there - subscribe to her newsletter! This treat was fantastic and added something special to this story and is a must read.

ARC provided by the author.

With you is the novella that gives you a glimpse int
Michelle
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is good luvd it

Keep in this short an sweet cause I need Torn From You rite that endin OMG I actually really happy I read this novella first cause I know what happened with Sculpt an Emily before al hell breaks lose I really like Emily an I dyin to know more about her an Sculpt what is there to say he is a hot fighter an he is in a band ohhhh come on I mite as well read Torn From You in a cold shower cause I luv both thinks in my book boyfriends but back to this I did enjoy seein how th
Cristina
Jun 11, 2015 rated it liked it
This novella is the prequel to the novel Torn from You and contains the beginning of the story between Logan and Emily.

I usually like to read "The Beginning" but in this case the story was pretty frustrating because it was very lacking and with a lot of holes.

I get the fact that the author didn't want to give to much away but this novella was pretty useless and if it weren't Free on Amazon I would tell you to not waste your time and money buying it.

description

A bigger prologue for the full novel would ha
Carla Bulian
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting...
S.M. West
4.5 Mouse and Sculpt STARS

This novella, which kicks off the Tear Asunder series, was dynamite! I was sucked in from the first few pages by the irresistible magnet - illegal fighter, up and coming rock star and all around hotness - known as Sculpt!!

"...extended from his shoulder down to his elbow. The dark black ink popped the images so they appeared three dimensional and vibrant. It suited him and made him totally...fuckable."

photo Logan_zpsibbdziit.jpg

He's a work of art and Mr. Mysterious. With the exception of
Snow
Holy shit, if this is the opening...then I won't make it to the first part fast enough...

those were the words I've said when i first read this little prequel...

and now, that I've re-read (October 4th, 2017) it on a spur, disregarding the fact that Nashoda Rose is one of my fave authors and one of my fave people in the whole world, so you might think I'm biased, well I don't give a rat's ass, cause biased or not, this was a fuckin treat...

it will lure you into a sweet, warm, loving and nurtur
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 Holy Mother of Cliffhangers Stars!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Emily sets eyes on Sculpt, an MMA fighter and musician, and she can't look away. She needs him...but not for reasons you'd think. She needs him to teach her to fight. She needs to learn to protect herself and he's the man for the job. He's not all for it at first, being downright condescending but something about her makes him accept...let their training begin.

This short novella gives us the background of Sculpt and Emily. He resists her at first, saying
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Hot, Anticipating, Dying for It Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
This novella took my by surprise... from beginning to end, I was there... in our girl, Emily's head and loving it. This writer served up a tasty treat and I want more.

Emily, our 20 year old girl, has had some crappy breaks. Her father, the one parent who loved her, encouraged and nurtured her died when she was around 10 years old. From that point forward all she ever heard was how she ruined her mothers life and stopped her from followi
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book isn’t required but I strongly recommend reading this short prequel before diving into Torn From You.

Sculpt is an underground fighter and also a lead singer of an up and coming hot guy rock band. He is making money from fighting fights for his band to go on tour.

Emily seeks Sculpts help in teaching her some self dense moves after an attack that left her wanting to defend herself if ever faced with that type of situation again. Emily’s mother’s influence has left her lacking confidence
Fre06 Begum
Dec 09, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was really good although I would have preferred Sculpt to be a little more alpha but still he was a good male lead but I have to say the female lead impressed me with how strong she strived to be afterwards and it was so nice to see how she did not go all gaga over him when she saw him again. Good book with a great plot I really enjoyed it.
Pam
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pam by: Glass
4 stars
I loved how he looked at me and saw everything I am and could be.

Sculpt is the man Eme’s been looking for, an underground fighter who is need of some extra cash so that he and his band, Torn, can go on tour. All she's gotta do is put her big girl panties on and convince this tattooed-bad boy to give her a shot and train her… Driven by a night that could have gone all kinds of bad, Eme refuses to be put in that position ever again, but does this lil mouse have what it takes? T
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
3.5 'With You' stars :)

“He'd already stolen my heart. It was in his grasp; the question was what would he do with it?”
- Emily

* * *
“Emily. You erase the bad in my life.”
- Sculpt
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
5 WTF just happened stars???

This book is the back-story of Logan aka Sculpt and Emily. It is not required to read this before starting Torn from You but I do think it is beneficial.

Sculpt is an underground fighter and also a musician. He is taking fights to get money for his band to go on tour.

Emily is an insecure girl who is looking to learn to fight to protect herself after being attacked. She has always been put down by her mother for never being good enough so she's lacking confidence. So sh
Kirsten
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
This was highly recommended to me by friends. I heard it was dark, so obviously I was on board.
I seriously was contemplating if my friends knew what dark was, because this was almost sickly sweet, insta-everything, and kind of lame (I know, sorry).
Then when I got to the last page, I just know that shit will get REAL!
I even dived right into the next one because I had to see what was coming, and I am looking forward to finding out what's going to happen!

Even though book 1 repeats some of 0.5,
Aisha  ☠️☠️
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a good start.. I can't wait to read the first book.. ...more
✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
So, as you all can guess…

With You obviously takes place before Torn From You. It basically gives you the background and sets up the ground work for Torn From You.

In it, we meet, Emily/ “Eme”/ or “Mouse” as Sculpt later calls her

description

—- an insecure, innocent girl who reaches out to our male heroine how to learn how to defend herself after she is nearly assaulted.

AND... Logan/Sculpt

description

—a tattooed, sweet talking, underground illegal fighter, who makes money for his band to go on tour.

Emily and Sculpt firs
Lyndy Ann ♫
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I came across this novella while browsing on here and with it being a freebie on Amazon I though why not try something different.

Emily and Sculpt story grabbed my attention. Their story starts off so sweet and romantic Sculpt being a bossy alpha and Emily is sweet and of course head over heels but I know this is not going to last and of course when I read the blurb for Torn From You I could not stop thinking about them.

What happens to Emily?
Why is Sculpt doing this?
How will it end?

This is why I

• Emerged (The Life of Anna #5)
  • Recaptured by the Crime Lord (Crime Lord, #2)
  • Once A Crime Lord (Crime Lord, #3)
  • Ensnared (The Life of Anna, #4)
  • Embraced (The Life of Anna, #3)
  • The Devil's Crown: Part 2
  • Crime Lord's Captive (Crime Lord, #1)
  • Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
  • 24690 (24690, #1)
  • Reign of a King (Kingdom Duet, #1)
  • Entwined (The Life of Anna, #2)
  • Debt
  • Fracture (Blood & Roses, #2)
  • Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things #3)
  • Deviant (Blood & Roses, #1)
  • Six
  • He Hates Me Not (Hate & Love Duet, #2)
Nashoda Rose is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thirteen novels, including the Tear Asunder series, the spin-off Unyielding series, and the paranormal Scars of the Wraiths.
She lives outside of Toronto where she enjoys hiking with her Newfoundland dog and riding her horses.
Nashoda is represented by the Trident Media Group.

New Release: Irish Crown

Tear Asunder (5 books)
  • Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)
  • Overwhelmed by You (Tear Asunder, #2)
  • Shattered by You (Tear Asunder, #3)
  • Kept from You (Tear Asunder, #4)
  • Edge of You