Start by marking “Gambling with the Crown (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #1)” as Want to Read:
Gambling with the Crown (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #1)

Gambling with the Crown

(Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #1)

Mills & Boon Sexy series delivers what you love in contemporary romance - glamour and scandal in exotic locations…

This Sheikh plays to win!

The crown of Kyr holds no appeal for pleasure-seeking Sheikh Kadir al-Hassan—his memories of the kingdom are as dark as a desert's night. But neither will he shirk his duty…. Instead, Kadir returns home with a bride so unsuitable

Published April 15th 2014 by Harlequin (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Gambling with the Crown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gambling with the Crown

Alex is The Romance Fox
Another disappointing sheik stories…I think I am going to give sheik heroes a miss!!!!!
I totally disliked Prince Kadir – what an awful guy…..there was nothing about him I liked. So his father wants him to become the next ruler of his country instead of his older brother…..Kadir is a playboy and is quite happy with his hedonistic lifestyle but to keep his father happy, gets his assistant to agree to be his temporary wife.
And Emily agrees. I couldn’t believe it. The way he treats her – talk about
Dee
Kadir is the second son of the king of Kyr so never expected to take the throne but was in danger of being forced into that situation due to a rift between his father and brother. Worried that his ailing father would nominate him he started hatching a plan but was called back to Kyr as his father is unfortunately dying. Kadir’s plan is to make the Advisory Council believe that he is an unsuitable candidate and the best way to do that is taking a wife who was not from his country. The best person ...more
Julie
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gambling With the Crown by Lynn Raye Harris is a 2014 Harlequin Presents Publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
BOOK BLURB:
This Sheikh plays to win!
Jenn - Reviews
Jul 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
I'm never buying another book from this author. She should never write sheikh books. Second time I found racist themes through her Arab background characters.
Gave this a second chance but yet again I stopped reading three quarters of the way in due to the author's racist and insulting descriptions of the Arab culture. I've traveled extensively and have lived and worked in a few different places throughout the Middle East. Her descriptions reek of arrogance and a complete lack of real understand
Jenny
Feb 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
I can't believe I am giving one star to a book by Lynn Raye Harris but this one was awful. I like my Harlequin Presents heroines virginal and my heroes alpha. This book had neither. Oh also this is supposed to be a love story but heroine NEVER tells our hero she loves him! I was like WTF did I just read?!
Dianne
Can an indispensable personal assistant tame the wandering soul of the reluctant heir to the throne of Kyr? Emily has lived in the shadow of her boss, Kadir, the charming and devilishly handsome playboy sheikh. Cleaning up his sexual dalliances by escorting his “dates” out of the bedroom and onto the streets was only part of her job description. Running his calendar, arranging his meals, etc., while being invisible, was all in a day’s work. But when Kadir is desperate to displease his dying fath ...more
Melody Cox
This guy put the whore in man-whore. I'm sorry but I couldn't finish it. It was troubling how his assistant had watched all these women come and go for four years. I thought he was a sickening jerk and simply couldn't bare to finish it. I was so disappointed because I loved book two in this series and had looked so forward to this one.

I can't recommend this book.
Desere
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For Emily life is as full of excitement as can be, she have every woman's dream job. Assistant to Sheikh Kadir,she does exactly as he says whenever he says it, notes, coffee, meetings , buying gifts for his countess lovers, he requests and she does. Okay so I lied it's so not the dream job of any woman but working for a hot looking Sheikh counts.

But Emily's life is quickly turned upside down when Kadir makes the request of a life time by suggesting she marries him in order to help him get rid o
Yui
May 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Couldn't concentrate. maybe the worst ive read so far. blured thru the whole thing w/o the any interest. at least horrible writing gets some reaction but this nada. maybe its time to switch genre. here i comw HF
Valerie
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads, romance
Here's the thing about this book, it captured me very quickly and it held me. I had picked up three different books to read. I was in a funk. I was needing a book that could clear that funk and make me happy. This one did that.

I so love pretending books. Any time you can get two people who are attracted to each other to pretend they are together in front of others, it always ends up as sexy fun. This one did an awesome job of that.

Kadir has a successful business and is a billionaire in his own r
Danielle
Deb
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'd label Gambling with the Crown as a fairly tail, but at the same time it's believable! It's not the usual I associate with, written by Lynn Raye Harris, but it's just as gripping a storyline! I enjoyed Emily's spunk as well as her attention to detail! Kadir was a well rounded person, but I liked best the parts of him that only Emily knew. This was a delightful story to interject into my TBR list.
Christine Jalili
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and was hooked from the first page. Prince Rashid was definitely a player, but now he needs help from his personal assistant Emily. He trusts her, but is he falling for her? She’s to be his “pretend wife”. Oh my, they are so HOT together, and I did cry at one point. How can he let her go? Will he have to be the King? I highly recommend this book.
Lisy
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so nice to read, and everything is so fast passed and happening practically on top of one another, that it was practically impossible to put down when need be.

I suggest not reading this right before bed.

The 2 main characters are actually quite wonderful (first time I haven’t had anything bad to say about a male lead), but Emily, omg she has a bit of sass and a temper to match! And oh boy does she let er—Sheikh Kadir have it! After 4 yrs. of not being able to speak her mind, she let’s h
Donna
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Sparkling Gem

Lynn Raye Harris seems to have the magic touch with every story she crafts. Desert royalty and a strong woman seem to proliferate her tales of romantic intrigue. I've loved every page she's written.
Felice Foster
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a Harlequin Presents in years, but was going through the author's book list and thought I'd take a gander. Quick, easy, and sexy read. I'll have to get book 2 to see how the brother fares.
Beth Martin
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Ehhhh...there's the bones of something good here, but it never really gets beyond "it could be good" to "it's actually good" because there's just not enough space to resolve the issues brought up.
H.L. Laffin
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am such a fan of Lynn Raye Harris writing. I love her wittiness, her passion and her desire to make you feel you've read a great story! As I had the opportunity to receive this novel and the follow up book to this series for an honest review. I had gotten a great glimpse of Kadir and Emily, in Rashid and Sharidan story (Carrying the Sheikh's Heir) which I had read first.
As I started to read Kadir's story, I stopped because I was impressed with Lynn's concept. It's a good concept! Marry someon
Rika Ashton
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gambling with the Crown, the first in the “Heirs to the Throne of Kyr” series, was a quick read, and parts of it had me smiling while other parts of the novel had me shaking my fist in frustration. (But that was mostly Kadir’s fault.)

Kadir is a playboy sheik, who is used to getting what he wants, but I like that he stands up for Emily in the start of the novel. I also like that he’s smart enough not to be fooled by his ex for long. However, I wanted Kadir to me more alpha – yes, I’m spoiled – bu
Lindsey ( United By Books Reviews)
more like 3.5 .......

I’m not gonna lie, I am having a bit of a hard time trying to think of what to say about this book. It has the qualities I want in a book. Such as a rich, alpha boss and personal assistant relationship. I have a weakness for that kinda read. It is your typical Harlequin read. I do love my Harlequins. It even had me getting a cheesy smile on certain parts. So I am trying to figure out why it didn't leave me in WOW status.

Emily has been Kadir's personal assistant for four year
MaryD
Decent story line about a Prince who does *not* want to be king and his faithful PA who agrees to help him become "unsuitable" for the throne.
Amanda R
I received this from NetGalley and Harlequin for an honest review.

Working for the prince of Kyr had its ups and downs. As his personal assistant Emily saw him through all kinds of things and through all kinds of women. Like a normal woman she noticed he was attractive but she kept that out of her mind because he was her boss. When Kadir receives a phone call from his father, something changed. Suddenly he was asking her to go home with him. Not as his assistant but as his wife.

Kadir was content
Connie N.
I can't decide how I feel about this romance. I loved Kadir, the hunky Arabian hero who designs and builds skyscrapers for a living. He is a handsome playboy whose assistant is an attractive woman, although they have never thought of each other in romantic terms. When Kadir is summoned home to Kyr upon the final illness of his father the king, he must go and presumably take over the role of king upon the death of his father. Although his brother is older, Rashid is in disfavor, so Kadir must giv ...more
Cindy Hamilton
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gambling with the Crown by Lynn Raye Harris deals with Sheikh Kadar al-Hassan and what he will do to NOT become King. Kadar years ago left his home country and is a wealthy playboy sheikh and does not want to go back home and become the King when he hears his father the current King is dying. Kadar feels estranged brother would be a better person to take over as King. So Kadar comes up with a plan to marry a totally unsuitable wife, enter his PA, Emily Bryant, who has seen it all when dealing wi ...more
Jan
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, PA to the this sheikh for the last few years have had it's moments for Emily. Then he throws her life into a loop to become his bride, his most unsuitable bride so he doesn't have to become King. Simple, she needed money for family reason, he wants to be free of this burden, however, not one of them considered what happens when emotions became involved.

Love this story. Both had uneasy upbringings and guarded their hearts in different ways.

This is book one of a two book series
Asteropê
3.5

A few things that detracted from the story:
-Too much focus spent in Emily's thoughts - a lot of emphasis on her no I shouldn't want Kadir and no I can't be with him stuff. After reading pages of it throughout the book, as a plot element, it became a bit tired.
-The end. I get Emily is worried about the future of their relationship, the the constant 'what if in x days/years we get tired of each other' stuff was annoying. He was telling her he loved her and she kept avoiding it, it seemed. Sh
Hsiau Wei
Jun 12, 2014 rated it liked it
It is a story of a prince who asked his personal assistant to married him for him to avoid being forced to take the throne that was meant for his brother. It was a story of a rich sheikh who is not only a playboy but who is used to having his command being tame by an indispensable personal assistance. I love the chemistry between Kader and Emily. He is smart but I feel that he is indecisive most of the time while Emily is a stronger character between the two, smart and goal oriented and is not a ...more
Diana Tan
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another winner! This is a feel good, heartwarming and touching novel by Lynn Raye Harris. I love how Kadir's and Emily's love story evolved. You will surely be cheering on for these two to finally get their Happily Ever After. I cannot wait for Rashid's story to be released. Highly recommended!
Harlequin Books
received 4 stars @ RT Book Reviews

Miniseries: Heirs to the Throne of Kyr
Karen
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was just okay for me but it's Harlequin. I don't expect much but a quick nice read and this was it. I do feel like I'll like the next book more. I was more interested in Rashid.

• What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • Sheikh's Scandal (The Chatsfield, #1)
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • Zarif's Convenient Queen (The Legacies of Powerful Men #3)
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester Siblings, #2)
  • Dial M for Menage
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • The Sheikh's Redemption (Desert Nights #1)
  • Christmas in the Billionaire's Bed (Kavanaghs of Silver Glen, #3)
  • The Sheikh's Disobedient Bride
  • Princess From the Past
  • Salvation (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • Claiming Her Warriors (Lumineta, #2)
  • The Russian's Ultimatum
  • Perfect Storm (His to Possess, #3)
  • Woman in a Sheikh's World (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #2)
  • Hooked: When Addiction Hits Home
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
To be kept up to date about all of Lynn's new books, as well as to receive exclusive content and have the opportunity to enter special giveaways, sign up for Lynn's newsletter here. Or text the word HOTTIES to 66866.

Lynn Raye Harris is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM SERIES of military romances as well as 20 books for Harlequin Presents. A forme

Heirs to the Throne of Kyr (2 books)
  • Carrying the Sheikh's Heir  (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #2)