Start by marking “Oceanborn (The Aquarathi, #2)” as Want to Read:
Oceanborn (The Aquarathi, #2)

Oceanborn

(The Aquarathi #2)

The coronation is over.

But the battle has just begun.

Nerissa Marin has won her crown. But can she keep it? Already, her ties to the human realm are driving a wedge between Nerissa and her people. When word arrives that her part-human prince consort, Lo, has been poisoned, she makes the difficult choice to leave Waterfell and return landside. As the royal courts debate he
Published July 29th 2014 by Harlequin Teen (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Oceanborn, please sign up.
Hannah @Jessica I heard that there will only be two in the series, I am working on a third myself right now, I have almost finished and have edited, I had to…more@Jessica I heard that there will only be two in the series, I am working on a third myself right now, I have almost finished and have edited, I had to write my own third book, because I fell in love with the entire series.(less)

Start your review of Oceanborn (The Aquarathi, #2)
Colleen Houck
Jan 22, 2015 added it
Shelves: ocean, aliens
Loved the big fight scene at the end with Cano and the stuff going on with Riss's mom and the others? Wow! My favorite thing about these books is the transformation into the other forms. Especially the partial transformations.
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I want to thank Harlequin Teen for sending me a copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has in no way influenced or changed my opinion or review.

Blurb from Goodreads:
The coronation is over.
But the battle has just begun.
Kayla (The Thousand Lives)
I have to give it to Howard: she really has consistency. My feelings toward book two in the Aquarathi series are exactly the same as book one. Part of me wants to be hyper-critical, but the reality is that I actually enjoyed Oceanborn in the end, and I'll be reading book 3 whenever it's released. I've got to warn you: all my thoughts below are probably going to be confusing and unsure, but in the end I did like the book. So remember that, and here we go!

Debra Elsner
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this boo; it was a brilliant sequel that managed to be better than the first. Oceanborn was a great fantasy YA read. The stakes were upped, the characters grew, the romance deepened, and the ending left me gasping for more.
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.5/5

Review coming soon!
Alisha Thompson
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like the storyline and I feel there was a lot revealed in this book, like what was up with Jenna ESP?!. There’s a bigger picture yet to unfold but nothing has been written for this series since 2014 so fingers crossed these characters re-emerge and enlighten Amalie to write a sequel.

I think Rissa has grown a lot in some ways but she still has a way to go. While her attitude is less childish she still needs to learn to rely on others, it could be the difference between someone living or dying a
Alisha Tarran
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
EEEEEEEEEE It's finally here! I was majorly excited to get to review Oceanborn, and the excitement is still lingering long after I've finished reading, I've got to say! I LOVED Waterfell, it pleasantly surprised me and I couldn't get enough, I've been waiting for Oceanborn for what seems like years! I believe I coined the term "mermaliens" when reviewing Waterfell, and as I said, Waterfell was incredibly unique, and Oceanborn has continued this on. In fact Oceanborn has topped Waterfell I think! ...more
Hestia
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love this series and I really wish there was a third book coming out soon. Both this and the first book are really well written with a consistent plot line that many novels lack. I do have to ask of anyone knows is there will be a book 3 though, because it's been like 6 years and in still waiting ;3;
Book Magic
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

This was another good read. Some of the plots were easily figured out, while others were revealed as surprises. I can't wait to read the next one n find out what happens.
Jullie Wheaton
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was exceptional.
Aparajitabasu
Original Link to the review at my blog Le' Grande Codex - here

It is always a joy to read a sequel and find out that it is even better than its predecessor and Oceanborn does not disappoint. I always make it a point to read Harlequin Teen books and The Aquarathi series definitely makes that cut. Following in the footsteps of Waterfell, Oceanborn boosts of a particularly enticing cover, strong characters, a strong plot consisting of some very unsuspecting surprises.

Oceanborn picks up where
Leah Waters
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was...so good.

SO GOOD.

Nerissa's character arc makes incredible progress in Oceanborn. Now that she's queen, she struggles with her power, her responsibility, and an impossible choice: save her mate, Lo, or remain with her people in Waterfell. Nerissa is a dynamic, developed character, and really comes to life in this book. And Lo, my favorite. The book begins where he has amnesia, and can't even remember Nerissa. It broke my heart because Lorissa (they need a ship name) is forever.

This
Farrah
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant sequel that managed to top the first, Oceanborn was a fantastic YA read. The stakes were upped, the characters grew, the romance deepened, and the ending left me wanting more. I absolutely LOVED this book!

Nerissa was my least favorite part of book 1. I had found her to be selfish, more concerned with running away from her problems than being a good leader to her people. But, in this book, she proved what a strong queen she could be. She was determined to do what was best for her peop
Soma Rostam
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in this series a long while ago and it was definitely something unique that I have never seen before,, although I was familiar with the author even before she started this series. So I was anxiously waiting for the second book in this series.
Nerissa has finally descended into her rightful throne but there is still so much more danger in store of her. Especially after she leaves her love, Leo on land to go into the water. I really can't say anything more because I will rui
Fallon
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oceanborn starts off with Nerissa settling into her new role as Queen. She soon feels excruciating pain and knows it is due to her bond with Lo and something is wrong. She has a tough decision, stay in Waterfell or go find out what has happened to Lo. Nerissa heart is pulling her towards Lo and she knows there will be problems in court with her leave. Nerissa soon discovers Lo does not remember her or there bond and she has a limited time to make him remember.

I savored every second of Oceanborn.
Nat
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Lynndell
Oceanborn by Amalie Howard is the second book in the Aquarathi series. This fantasy involves Lo suffering from amnesia that is caused by more than a head injury. Nerissa and company endeavor to find a cure and bring Lo's memory back. I enjoyed the twists and turns and the ending makes me want more added to this series! Thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin Teen for the arc and the chance to read and review this great book!
Sharon
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Although this is a sequel to Waterfell, it has enough substance and interest to stand on its own. My favorite characters are back, namely Jenna, Nerissa, and Lo. With some new additions, their story comes to life in the capable hands in Amalie Howard. I enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading more by this author.
Cheshire
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Oddly enough, I am actually enjoying this series even though there are a couple of things, that are quite common amongst YA novels. At least the mean girls have a reason for being the characters that they are.
Srosch
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was alright, but when I look at Amalie Howard's page it says there are only two books in this series, which makes the ending of book two kind of stinky if it is really the end of the series. Hopefully a book three comes....soon :-)
Seeing Double in Neverland
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am doing 5 cartwheels for this book! I love the Amalie has taken these aliens and made them gruesomely beautiful.
Check out my full review here:
Kellie
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was even better than the first. It was great to see Nerrisa and Lo work everything out. This book ended with another cliffhanger so I will have to keep my eyes open for the next one.

I received this free from goodreads.com
Hannah
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought that Oceanborn was amazing!! It is a great book that leaves you breathless, the mysteries and adventures that lurk in this book are great! The romance, the suspense, everything leads up to a great ending. Amalie leaves you hanging in the last pages of this book, wanting to read more...
Alison Beechner
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
i don't know why i was so much more into this one than the first one. i ended up liking these books a lot, but the storyline was left unfinished and there doesn't seem to be a third book? need to ask author about that when I meet her.
Jennifer Sorrentino
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
This book was even better than the first! I absolutely loved it. The development of a couple of characters we didn't learn about much in the first was fantastic.

Aysha
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
OMG I SERIOUSLY NEED THE NEXT BOOK!!!!!!!!
Jeff
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was liking this book very much until it was stolen from my car. I was on pg. 51
Kaira Faolan
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book! I can't believe I have to wait for the next one!
Ainsley
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was soooooooooo good!I looked for the next book but it hasn't come out yet... Boo Hoo Hoo :(
Isatu Barry
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it

• Birthday
  • The Fascinators
  • The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales
  • Wild Born (Spirit Animals, #1)
  • The Dysasters (The Dysasters #1)
  • Venturess (Mechanica, #2)
  • The Wolf Princess
  • The Doll People (Doll People, #1)
  • Study Hall of Justice (Secret Hero Society, #1)
  • I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (I Survived, #2)
  • The Missing Piece (The Missing Piece, #1)
  • Runny Babbit Returns: Another Billy Sook
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Where the Red Fern Grows
  • The Last Letter
  • Find Me Their Bones (Bring Me Their Hearts, #2)
  • Le Jardin des âmes (Les Brumes de Cendrelune, #1)
  • The Monster Ball Year 2: (A Paranormal Romance Anthology)
AMALIE HOWARD is the author of several young adult novels critically acclaimed by Kirkus, Publishers Weekly, VOYA, and Booklist, including Waterfell, The Almost Girl, and Alpha Goddess, a Spring 2014 Kid’s INDIE NEXT title. Her debut novel, Bloodspell, was a #1 Amazon bestseller and a Seventeen Magazine Summer Read. The sequel, Bloodcraft, was a silver IPPY medalist and a Children's Moonbeam award ...more

The Aquarathi (2 books)
  • Waterfell (The Aquarathi, #1)