Start by marking “My Monster Farts” as Want to Read:
My Monster Farts

My Monster Farts

Short chapter book ideal for kids age 5 up to 8.

Zach has a pet monster called Lenny. No one else can see or hear him.

He loves Lenny but there is one big problem. Lenny loves to fart! He farts at home and at school and everyone thinks that it’s Zach.

Zach is tired of getting in trouble because of Lenny’s farting.
What will Zach do?
Published October 25th 2013

To ask other readers questions about My Monster Farts, please sign up.
Austin M. Hello I would just like to say that this is my favorite book of all time thank you

Start your review of My Monster Farts
Krissy
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-tristan
**Rated by my son**
Erika
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Now I know this is not a book many people would buy for their kids, but my little boy is in love with monsters and he thinks farts are the funniest things ever so I purchased this three part series and he loved it.
Lori Garside
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to read when you are laughing so hard - my friend's daughters weren't terribly amused, but I sure was! This would have been a hit in my 7th grade classroom! ...more
Deej Roth
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Farts are funny

This is a book about farts; smelly farts! My girls love it and it is quite entertaining. A joy to read over and over and over again.
Ursula
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

HA! LOVE IT! Looking forward to #2! xD

Stacey
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just right for real boys from a Boymom

Funny, had my son's attention and he enjoyed it. This is a good book for moms of boys to read to their little boys. I know that some may think that this isn't good literature but in all reality, little boys fart. Big boys fart. And most of the time they think it might be funny to blame someone else. This just shows us the funny side of it. My little boy wants to read the next few books. And if a book on monsters farting makes my little boy want read more, th
Mary
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
We have read this book twice in my class of 2nd graders. They love it and are begging for #2. The farting incidences in class and shouting out about them when they do happen have stopped since reading this. I so hate the word "fart;" it was never allowed in my vocabulary as a kid. However, my kiddos love this and I will read the others to them as a result. ...more
Aiden
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My boys loved this!

In the words of my kids...
I liked it because no one could see the monster but they could smell his gross farts. And the boy Zach kept getting in trouble for it.
I liked it because the kid kept getting in trouble for farting but it was the monster. It had all my favorite things, farts, monsters, school, marshmallows and ice cream.
Andres Silva O.
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun and short

It was hilarious but too short for the kids.. looking forward for the next ones, surely will be entertaining and fun as well
Kathy Mitchell
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Farts and Marshmallows

The monster was invisible to everyone but Zach. But they could smell his farts. That made Lenny the monster nosedetectable in a very unpleasant way. Zach was able to train Lenny not to fart in front of people using marshmallows! Is there anyone you know who should eat marshmallows?
Sara Ebberts
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it
meh.

I thought it was ok, but my 4 year old and 5 year old liked it a lot. My 5 year old gave it 3 stars. Definitely kid humour, but I thought it could be better developed. There are other 1st chapter books for kids that are better.
xochitl kolinsky
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good

This is just good because it's funny I love farts and marshmallows and I'm Lenny these books have come to life the I'm Lenny part is a joke and I think my sister would like it and I also don't think it's great because it is short.
Kristin Dolan
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great for little boys to peak their interest

My son stayed very engaged in the book and wanted to help read it because he thought it was so funny.
Cheyenne
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my summary

I love this book it is so good I recommend this book to
ages 0 months to190 they will love it thanks for taking your time to read my summary
Chloe Burris
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book

5 stars
It was funny
Lia Brent
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
What can I possibly say about this book? The title says it all. Zach has a great relationship with his best (monster) friend Lenny. So what if no one else can see Lenny or hear him speak. They certainly can hear and smell his farts! What I can’t understand is why a teacher would make a child stay in from recess just because everyone thought the student was farting (I’m guessing) “on purpose.” The rest of the story makes perfect sense! How Zach solves his monster’s farting problem after talking w ...more
Ashlea
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finn
***All questions answered by my 4 year old***

Do you like this book?
Yeah! But he kept farting!

What's your favorite part of the book?
When they were blowing bubbles in the milkshakes and he farted and it was so icky! It makes me feel silly when he farts. I don't like billy, when he puts the underwear on his head.

What do you think of the cover?
I like it because of the monster!

Do you want me to read it again?
Yeah later.

This is an adorable book about a kid who has an imaginary monster friend, who keep
Fox Kerry
May 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ok . . . So how in the world did I end up with a book titles thusly in my hands (or on my Kindle). Short answer is, every boy wants to talk about farting. However, the topical is so juvenile it hurts, right? Well, the book is just as juvenile as expected--but that's the audience! I was sure it was really going nowhere early on, but it had enough fun and giggles to light up the little kid in me. I like that Lenny talks in the third person. I like that it's left up to you to decide who's passing t ...more
moxieBK
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
My Monster Farts [Kindle Unlimited] — Kate Clary (5 chapters) July 24, 2019

What a fun book! This is a great early reader, short chapter, I-Can-Read book that most younger reader will love. It’s long enough to give them confidence, but short enough to keep my focused. And the story/plot has a bit of a learning lesson in it to boot!

Thus book could also be read to, or followed along by another older reader. Definitely going to pickup the other books in this set and review them.

Best part is: it’s on
Stephanie
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Not sure about this one

While, my kids love this book... I don’t think we will be following up with the next book. How can you punish a child for having gas? Sending him to his room, walking out of a restaurant without him while pretending not to know him....? That is not something people can control. While the book is funny, my children are worried about being punished for their gas. Not ok.
Lorraine - Rainey Day Book Reviews
Cute story

This is a super cute story about a little boy and his monster friend named Larry. Larry loves to fart! In doing so the little boy named Zack gets into trouble. My son is nine and is just really beginning to read. He really enjoyed it. What little boy wouldn't love anything related to passing gas?
Danielle
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute

This is a cute story but some words I think are above the age level, such as "horrendous" so I marked it down from 4 stars. It may not be a big deal to others but I teach English as a second language to young children so I am always aware of word choice in books geared towards young readers.
damnit helen
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Bug Farts Too

We chose this book because we just knew we had to find out about monster farting. Kate Clary you did wonderful job of that. Thank you and your team. We took it chapter by night. For a four year old to remember the chapters of the previous nights it was a well planned out story. So Marlee says, our next book is My Monster Farts 2.
Teresa
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I got this ebook for my grandson- like most 4 year old boys, he thinks farts are hilarious. I thought that this book would have a lot more illustration than it did. I also think it was slightly repetitive (but that could just be because I am seeing it from an adult's perspective). It was an ok read but probably not one that will be read over and over. ...more
Lacey
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laughs for all

I saw this book on Ebooks on Amazon and shook my head instantly thinking of my husband and kids. All things about farting cracks them up, yes me too, so I decided to buy this book.

It is definitely a hoot and cracked us all up when I read it to them. I will have to get the other two books in this series as well so we can continue Lenny and Zach's adventure.
Cathleen D Sors
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute story! But what 7 year old is in 3rd grade?

Cute chapter book! My grandson will surely like this book. He is learning to read now and already has a voracious appetite for books!
kim riley
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grandson love these be we read they are hope you enjoyed them as much as us love looking long

Boys love monsters and carts

Nd did is due dune he did Edgar shade usdude's dud rd dud :( d :/ b us'm
Gabriel Alicea
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I like this book cause as a kid there's not a lot of books !like this i would recommend
This book to people who like to joke around i would rate this a five out of five e stars
Rex Rehmeyer
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun little to book to read at night before bed.
5 chapters at 3 pages each is a little steep for a dollar.
Just saying i feel like it should be half that.
most likely will be buying the next book.
Katie
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun read!

Fun to read. My 5 yr old kept ripping them in public. We read this book together and I think it’s helped him to better understand that farts are like discussing politics, its good manners to just keep them between close friends at home.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• My Triceratops Won't Wash
  • My Allosaur Has Lost His Roar - Childrens Picture Book
  • My Brontosaur Has Vanished
  • Playtime With Monster
  • My T-Rex Has A Toothache
  • A to Z of Silly Animals (The Silly Animals Series)
  • Mabel and the Sock Pirates
  • How a Mouse Saved the Royal Cat
  • Don’t Feed the Monster!
  • I've Only Got Three Hands:: Teach Your Children to Keep Their Room Clean (Bedtimes Story Fiction Children's Picture Book Book 2)
  • Dragon Makes New Friends
  • My Pteranodon Has A Sneeze - Childrens Picture Book
  • Bedtime Stories for Kids
  • The Hiccupotamus
  • I Don't Want to Go to School
  • The White Giraffe (Animal Healer, #1)
  • 100+ Knock Knock Jokes for Kids
  • Jingle All the Way (Jingle, #1)

News & Interviews

“Lenny will try really hard not to fart in front of other people.” 0 likes
“The following week was great. School was good. We were learning how to subtract. It was harder than adding but I was starting to get it. Billy was being better at home. On Friday after school, Billy, Lenny and I were having some milk and cookies. “I’m really pleased with you two this week,” said Mom.  “Zach, you haven’t farted once. I’ve got a treat for you two.” “What is it?” Billy and I asked together. “I’m taking you out for ice cream!” she said.” 0 likes