Start by marking “Kei. Family Matters (Deamhan Chronicles #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Kei. Family Matters (Deamhan Chronicles #1.5)

Read Excerpt

Kei. Family Matters

(Deamhan Tales #1)

For decades, I singularly helped strengthen the Deamhan in Minneapolis, and made sure that all the vampires feared us. Ramanga, Lamia, Metusba, Lugat - I looked out for everyone. No one before me had the guts to stand up to the humans and vampires like I did. If it weren't for me, Deamhan would've left that city in fear a long time ago.

Everything was fine until my sibling,
Published December 2nd 2013 by Isaiyan Morrison

To ask other readers questions about Kei. Family Matters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kei. Family Matters

Start your review of Kei. Family Matters (Deamhan Chronicles #1.5)
angela
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kei family matters book 1.5 Demhan

An excellent short story in the Demhan tales. I accidentally skipped this book, but went back to read it, not wanting to miss any of this excellent series. I'm glad I did. It told how Malachy sire of Nashoba and how he goes looking for Nashoba and reeks havoc in his life. Until Lucius and Selena arrive and stop him, also sending Nashoba running from his home in fear.

This is so far one excellent series. I love the characters, story line, everything. I can't wait
Isaiyan Morrison
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-novels
It's my book! I love it!
Lucinda
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
A brilliant novella and additional complement to DEAMHAN

“Kei: Family matters” is the first novella in a collection of short stories which accompany the Deamhan Chronicles. Short, punchy paragraphs grab your attention instantly as you plummet back into Isaiyan Morrison’s magnetic world of wonder. This collection of Novellas I feel is spectacular, as they add another additional layer of depth to the fascinatingly complexities of Deamhan. Morrison’s writing is character-driven and so this first
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book in a goodreads giveaway.

A great novella it compliments the DEAMHAN series really well.

This is an interesting look at one of the key characters in Deamhan, which we saw so little of but ran through the whole book, Kei. He seems to lack the gentle side to human nature, there is no compassion or humility. Yet you want to know what he is up to and how he brought together groups that distest each other.

I great insight from Kei's perspective of the events in Deamhan and the
Karen Voitik
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
>Book Review – Kei: Family Matters

>I am an independent reviewer. This book is a novella and book 1.5 in the Deamhan series. The novella ends in a cliffhanger. Kei is a Deamhan chased out of his town by his sire. Kei runs to his “child” who is forced to help Kei due to the bond between them. Nash has a mostly human life, though and isn’t ready for the extreme violence that comes with Kei.

>There are points in the story where the reader is tricked into thinking Kei has some feelings of
Cheryl Ryan
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Kei is a Deamhan who was leader of his city before being overthrown by his own sire. He flees trying to find Nash, the one he sired, because he'll need help if the Decretum comes for him. Before finding him though, he kills a waitress after offering her immortality that she turns down. He feeds off her essence in order to survive.
I read this book before Deamhan and was a bit confused at first as to what was going on. I thought the book was well written and how the author had brought Kei to life
2OCC Reviews
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
I'm not sure how to review this novella. I should start by saying I that this is my first book by this author and i feel that I really should have read the first books about the Deamhan. I will say I was confused but still enjoyed it.

This isn't a love story. This is about a villain getting what he deserves for being so horrible. It's the start of this novella series and I do look forward to seeing what's going to happen to Kei. Maybe once I read the others, I will see he isn't so bad, but so
Emily Pennington
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is Deamhan Chronicles book #1.5 introducing us to Kei’s story. Kei doesn’t appear to be a very nice person. He is self-serving, quick to kill for no reason, caring only for himself. With his sire Lucius having been released, Kei is on the run. He decides to find Nash, a Deamhan he sired long ago, but Nash has been living a good life and has settled down. He doesn’t want to get involved with Kei again. Kei does have his good side, but you have to dig pretty deep to find it.

This story was not
Viridiana Dimas
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read!

Oh Kei... the troubled son who just won't see reason. Well actions have have consequences.
This short novella is about Kei who's on the run after being dethroned at his gathering. This story gives you a different perspective on how inhuman Kei really is. Not only does Kei not respect humanity, but also disrespects the Deamhan laws.
This little tease into what's coming next will have you reading it in one sitting. I cried and cursed out Kei. He's just one character you love to hate.
Caroline Doig
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 1.5 in the Deamhan Chronicles and this is Kei’s story. Kei is ruthless he cares for no one but himself now Kei is on the run from his sire he’s looking to find Nash a Deamhan he sired a long time ago but Nash doesn’t want anything to do with him. Kei is brutal he kills indiscriminately he just doesn’t care and I really hope that Lucius and Selene catch him. This is one fantastic novella it’s pretty dark it’s a 5 plus read and I highly recommend this book it’s definitely well worth ...more
Arica Shupe
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
KEI FAMILY MATTERS (DEAMHAN TALES #1)
by Isaiyan Morrison

This is the first book ive read by this author and although i enjoyed this book and have looked up and started reading the one before this i felt like i missed something by not reading them in order this book ends in a cliff hanger but is well worth the read. Cant wait to dig in and read more of this series to get to know the characters better.
Tanya
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She had made the humans and vampires read her and she is doing well. Then her sister arrives who has released the one who made her. Now they are chasing her for revenge of the crimes she had committed. She will not let them win. How will keep her city safe? See how she gets on

Ayekah
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by this author and my first read into the "otherworldly". I haven't read the first book, but I can assume as well as this is written that Kei is on the run, that his sister and his Sire are looking for him and he has been dethroned of sorts. It's a fast read and interesting. Isaiyan writes a well woven tale.
Sabrina Medina
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting book, definitely a genre I have never read before. The author did a wonderful job of pulling me in and keeping me hooked! Easy, short, enticing read. I am not a particularly fast reader and I finished in one day.
Carissa Janes
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a brief view into Kei's background, plus it shows us what is going on with him behind the scenes. I liked the way each rule was a chapter.
Paula Genereau
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great paranormal book. It was different from what I'm used to but I loved it.
Anthony
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read a couple of Isaiyan Morrison’s ‘Deamhan Series’ She has compiled a new world with new, yet familiar, monsters and adversaries. Incredibly interesting and detailed, each book prior has made the world come alive – and drawn us deeper into the dark world of the four, unique Deamhan.
With this novella, “Kei, Family Matters” we learn more about Kei, the ancients, the Pure Ones and what happened – or didn’t happen – to Kei before. Banished from his city and running for his life, the arrogant
Karlee
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With Kei's sire back from Limbo, Kei is on the run. He goes to see an old offspring, Nashoba in the hopes that he will help him. But what Kei doesn't realize is that Nashoba, who now goes by Nash, has created a perfect town and living among the humans. Will Nash help his sire before Kei's sister and his own sire Lucius find him? And when they do find them, something is different about Lucius, will this help or hurt Kei? Another great book! Can't wait to read more!
Michelle
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love that the author writes these stories to give u a chance to get to know more about the lives of certain characters. This book goes into the life of Kei and how he became who he is and how he sired Nash who I hope we get to read more of him in the future. If you are looking for something different and not another vampire romance then you will enjoy a whole new experience with the different types of Deamhan and who they are.
Kristen Gough
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a companion story to the Deamhan series and I really enjoyed reading this! This story provides us with a much more in depth look at Kei and what makes him tick. I found that this is a necessary and informative addition to the series and I'm glad that this author chose to include this story. I highly recommend this to anyone to read and I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
David Black
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a great addition to the Deamhan Chronicles line of books. It gives a glimpse of the stories in those books from a different perspective. The writing was good and the author lends her distinctive flavor to this story. For a companion piece I really enjoyed it. Normally I call these "filler books" but this one really stands out as an enjoyable short story.
Casie
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Novella about Kei in the Deahman chronicles. In this story you get to learn how ruthless Kei can be and one of his offspring. They both took different paths and one was able to find happiness while the other is an angry, ruthless Deahman. I also like the speech from Lucius at the end.
Becky Willing
Feb 19, 2016
Selena Lanovara-scott
Honestly I feel so much was missing. I hated the Twilight reference. Yes its a vampire book. I still didnt know how Kei is like he is. Why he hates his sire and cut ties with him and Nash who he turned. I felt for Nash and Carol. Carol I thought had something with Jack I kinda got lost on that whole scene in the bar. There was just alot of gaps I know the Rules of the Deamhan but No ones whole story

Vampire photo 555009_563674747038281_118140433_n_zpsd51bbdf2.jpg

Vampire photo A83D2F5A-5C12-4DB2-A8A2-94AECA13FB0E-8390-00000786E94961E5_zps7b6194b0.jpg
Chrissi
Margaux Espinosa
Jun 06, 2018
Gerardo Bastian
Oct 29, 2015
Isaiyan Morrison was born and raised in Minneapolis, but her heart is in the impressive magical worlds she dreams up. She hopes to share her love for world-building with her readers and help guide them through the extraordinary settings she creates.

Her other passions include reading, and researching historical events. She also enjoys gardening, gaming, and spending quality time with her three

Deamhan Tales (2 books)
  • Ayden. Deamhan Minion (Deamhan Chronicles #2.5)
“Standing over her, I took the time to admire my handy work until I realized that I had just killed a potential meal.

“Damn it Bobbi,” I snarled as I kicked her corpse. “Look what you made me do.”
1 likes