Start by marking “Entreat Me” as Want to Read:
Entreat Me

Entreat Me

Afflicted by a centuries-old curse, a warlord slowly surrenders his humanity and descends toward madness. Ballard of Ketach Tor holds no hope of escaping his fate until his son returns home one day, accompanied by a woman of incomparable beauty. His family believes her arrival may herald Ballard's salvation.

...until they confront her elder sister.

Determined to rescue her s
Published December 18th 2013 by Smashwords (first published December 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Entreat Me, please sign up.
Claire McFall If you've read quite a lot of romance, then yeah. this is pretty clean in the scheme of things. Having said that, it's not "fade to black". There are…moreIf you've read quite a lot of romance, then yeah. this is pretty clean in the scheme of things. Having said that, it's not "fade to black". There are intimate descriptions but I think they're pretty tasteful. (less)
Suzanne Cowan It switches from the hero and heroine's pov. Mostly from the heroine's pov.

Jill
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jill by: Cristina

Once upon a time....

A noble and honorable lord

description

married a rich and wicked beauty

description

who wanted another, a handsome and forbidden love

description

When she gave birth to a child, the lord knew the baby wasn't his, but loved him anyway. On her deathbed, the evil beauty cursed both father and son. For nearly four hundred years, they have battled the curse. Could their salvation come at the hands of two sisters? Or is too late for the inhabitants of Ketach Tor?

description

Winter is coming....can the curse be broken?

En
♡Karlyn P♡

Another great fairytale fantasy romance by Grace Draven!

ENTREAT ME
is a creative retelling of Beauty and the Beast, and unfolds with a slow cadence that sets the tone until the final ultimate test of true love versus true evil.
“Behold the beast, my beauty.”

A four hundred year old curse meant to turn man into beast during the magical flux has captured Ballard and his son Gavin. Isolated in his crumbling castle, Ballard shoulders most of the curse in hopes Gavin can have a normal life. And just
Navessa
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it

Eh. Not my favorite Beauty and the Beast retelling.

Most of this book reminded me a lot of the Disney movie. You could almost make a checklist and compare the two, that's how similar their timelines and scenes are. The only differences are the little twists to make this version more 'adult'.

And by twists I basically mean bloodshed and boning.

A lot of boning.

Almost too much boning.

The female lead was hit and miss for me. At times I really liked how blunt she was, but there's a difference betwe
Robin (Bridge Four)
4.5 Only You Can Break My Curse Stars

I love fairytale retellings and beauty and the beast is really my favorite to read retellings of. This is probably because I love the idea of seeing through the broken beast, to the heart of the man inside. How can you make the retelling even better for me??? Change it up just enough, sprinkle in some witty banter, a cantankerous wizard and some sexy times. Although, you sort of had me at sexy times, I’m easy like that.

Entreat Me is a slow burn. It takes a li
Trish
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Cursed Roses! I thought this was just a fluffy read between some good books but boy, was I wrong.

Instead of a stale re-telling of the Beauty & the Beast fairytale, I got a very well shaped world rich with magic, a twisted curse, many-layered characters and some impressively steamy scenes.

Louvaen and Cinnia are sisters and live with their father. Well, actually, Cinnia and the father are living with the widowed Louvaen in the house she once lived in with her husband. And Lou has taken to
Milda Page Runner
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Milda by: G.
I’m quite picky when it comes to romances, but this is the second book by Grace Draven and I have to admit – her writing works for me.

This story reads as a dark gothic fairytale where horror as well as the romance are brought up to an adult level. With possessions, werewolves, curses and scary magic Grace Draven’s books have enough darkness to them to keep the suspense and intrigue going and whilst the romance is sexy and plays an important part – you can take it all away and it will still be a
♥ℳelody
First, shout out to my friend Beanbag for gifting me this story. This was her way of protesting the outrageous price inflations publishers are charging readers for kindle and hardcover books. Thank you so much for including me in your protest and choosing to share some of your favorite authors with me. Thank youuu!

Review time!

A twist to the Beauty and the Beast fairytale that is probably not for everyone. I wasn’t sure if it was for me given the heroine of this story. Oooh boy. Louvae
Maria Dimitrova
Buddy read with the MacHalos.

This is one of my favourite books and probably my 3rd of 4th reread. usually it's the first reread that has the potential to lower a rating and if a book survives that then it will survive the following rereads unscathed. So there's not really anything else to add to my original review so if you're interested in what I thought just keep on reading!

Original review:

A retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" done in an exceptional manner. I was enchanted! The setting was gre
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
Now, don't laugh at me.... But as soon as I finished reading this book, I *had* to watch the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast. I forgot just how much I love this story.

This book was glorious. I love the way Grace Draven writes, she is incredibly eloquent and the way she paints the world with her lyrical prose is simply stunning. Her style is not for everyone, but I am a proud Dravenite.

"He'd take what she might offer and thank the gods for giving him such a fine gift before the curse ov
Yodamom
Beauty and the Beast retold, okay but not the best one for me that I've read. I was so frustrated by the end.
Spoilers and questions
I'm going negative first, after being left frustrated when it finally ended.
This just didn't work for me and it's hard to place why, so many details didn't fit for me. There were more off putting points than intriguing ones. The story followed the traditional version almost like a checklist, some parts didn't fit well. They felt just thrown in just to cover all the
Kells Next Read

No False words Louvaen. All you have to do is breathe and you Seduce Me

It's like I'm on a winning streak in choosing Awesome books this week. I Love Love Love this Read. This is my second read from Grace Draven and I must say that I'm most pleased with her work thus far. This book is in essence a re-telling of Beauty and the Beast but with a twist.

The story was well written, the characters full of depth and character development. The protagonists Ballad and Louvaen were mesmerizing in there rol
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
This story, ENTREAT ME by Grace Draven, was gifted to me by Beanbag in protest of the outrageous prices professional publishers are charging for their books. She's chosen a few of her very favorite INDY published books to share with some of her Goodreads friends. She explains her unusual form of protest beautifully, here: Beanbag's Review of J.R. WARD's Blood Vow

A glimpse of what she has to say:
"But some of us are just plain tired of being played for chumps and something that might seem like ju
Veronique
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, stars-4-0
Re-tellings of Beauty and the Beast abound, but having read and enjoyed Draven’s Radiance, I had high expectations.

Entreat Me contains all the usual tropes and elements of the famous fairy tale, but the author twists them into new configurations. There are now two couples, one handsome, the other not so much, the curse is much more complicated and far-reaching, the rose is evil (truly repelling!), and the focus is on the characters, what makes them tick, and their interactions. Draven creates g
Douglas Meeks
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a long awaited treat for me since I read Grace Draven’s Master of Crows about 3 years ago in paperback then bought it again in Kindle format. It has been in my All Time Top 5 ever since and I kept waiting for more since most authors drop new books every few months or so. This took a bit longer and it was worth the wait.

Louvaen has been both mother and sister to Cinnia since her younger sister was a child, now Gavin has appeared and her sister seems to have fallen for the handsome young
Jo
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves romance and fantasy
Shelves: books-i-love, gr2015
description

Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for wither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if aught but death part thee and me.

I LOVED this book. Grace Draven just has a knack for writing Romantasy (Fantasy + Romance).

Louvaen, is the very protective sister of Cinnia the “Beauty” and Ballard is th

Elena C.
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy, reviewed
I've only recently discovered Grace Draven and so far I loved all of her books with a varied degree of intensity. So, naturally, I was pretty sure Entreat Me was going to be another excellent read for me: it's a "classic" Draven and friends and Goodreaders I follow all liked it a lot.

Ha, high expectations!

Hey, if you like Draven's work you'll like this, too: it has all the elements that make her books stand out from the rest - a brooding, destitute hero tragically removed from society, a smart,
Mara
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
I have yet to find a book by Ms Graven that I didn't love. So, please, take this into account while reading this review. I'm not usually a blabbering idiot, but I have to admit that she makes one out of me. [But I swear I will refrain from gifs....]

Entreat Me is one slow-burning addiction to this author lyrical writing, to her stories full of passion, of magical worlds you'd like to see, of characters you'd like to meet.

We had to wait a few years since Master of Crows. But what we got in exchan
-ya
3.5-stars
Entreat Me is read like a HR with some magic and a hateful curse. Tbh, I am still unclear of what the magical world looks like and the timeline it defines. I like it overall, but it doesn’t top my first Grace Draven’s book Master of Crows which has a much better balance of world building and romance.

The curse:
He bore an animalistic appearance with his reptilian eyes, claws and fangs. Bark for skin, vines for hair

Ballard : “Why don’t you fear my appearance as others do?”

Louvaen: “....My
Cathy
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Another lovely story by Grace Draven, that manages to avoid two of the most annoying tropes of the genre: the blushing virgin and the handsome male love interest. They are there, making cow eyes at each other, but only as side characters. Our main characters are a widow and a cursed, disfigured and grumpy lord of a manor. Ok, he is dark and broody, but definitely not handsome or rugged.

Slow burn, some snark, lovely characters. Somewhere in the middle I got a bit bored, as the story did not make
Lindsay
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fairytale retelling of Beauty and the Beast that focuses on loyalty, passion and seeing beyond the surface rather than the parts of the original story that contribute to so much domestic violence in our world (if I'm perfect he will change ugh).

Ketach Tor is an unhappy place, ruled by Ballard de Sauveterre, a Lord being driven slowly mad by a cruel curse. There may be finally hope though when his son Gavin de Lovet brings home the beautiful Cinnia Hallis intending to court and marry her, but C
Beanbag Love
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grace Draven loves the Beauty and the Beast trope. Pretty much every story I've read has had elements of that classic tale, but I'm not complaining. She's so good at spinning a story in her own right, it all comes together to make something fresh and new.

One of the things I love about this book is the heroine. I didn't think I'd be able to put up with her prickly, sometimes even shrewish behavior, but she grew on me. She's actually incredibly loyal and caring. Sweet and soft, but she'll stand t
Daniella
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hypnotised. That's how I felt when I read this story (in just one sitting, I must add). I just couldn't stop myself, and before I knew it I've reached the end.

I have to warn you, though, Entreat Me is not for everybody. The writing is strange, the names too confusing (during the first few chapters, I'd catch myself asking, "Louv--what's her name again?"), the atmosphere a weird chaotic mixture of modern and historical romance, and there are so many things going on that will make you feel uneasy.
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Grace Draven can literally do no wrong in my reader's eyes considering this is third book by her that I've 5 starred. This was a twisty, sinister, magical, loose interpretation of Beauty and the Beast. I'll actually take this version over my favourite Disney film, so this is high praise.

Ballard is the beast, but not in the way you might envisage before dipping your toe into this book. The curse, the beast-incarnate is both sinister and attractive. There is clever mastery in Draven's ability to c
✶Rachelle✶
So.
Much.
Boning.

DNF at 53%

Really, that's the entire story. So much hard core boning. I don't know where the story is supposed to go from here, and honestly I'm getting bored. I have way too many other options to read right now and I don't have time for this.
JAIME
Nov 08, 2015 marked it as dnf
DNF 31%

I just don't care for Grace's books. Not even really sure why. Soz.
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

This was pretty good. I didn't like it quite as much as Master of Crows but for the most part it was still a charming little read.

-What's what: A retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Ballard and his son (Gavin) are cursed by his dying wife, the only way to break the curse is true love. Enter sisters, Cinnia and Louvean. Gavin falls for Cinnia and believes she can break the curse and save him and his father. Louvean who is very protective of her younger sister is suspicious of
Amanda
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is my second book by Grace Draven. Although this was not as epic as Master of Crows, it is still a lovely historical fantasy romance with the Beauty and the Beast theme.

Grace Draven writing style was descriptive and flowery and she loves to include some element of magic with a touch of humor. We have a feisty, prickly and sharp-tongued heroine who was no lady. Louvaen Duenda was a widow and now she had taken upon caring for her father and her younger sister, Cinnia. She mothered Cinnia as i
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
🌹 Read with tha MacHalos 🌹

X Rated Beaty & the Beast re-imagining with the best Hero/Heroine I've seen in a loooong time! Absolutely loved them all ♥
Ivie ✩Born to Magic-Forced to Muggle✩
There are only a handful of authors out there that write fantasy worth writing about. Grace Draven is one of them. I can't seem to stress enough how much I like her work.

I like her eloquence that doesn't sound forced. You have some authors that write in a way that it feels you have been repeatedly struck over the head with a dictionary. Like they are extremely proud that the word of the day on the tear up calendar stuck, and they can't wait to use it in front of everybody.

Writing style is import

• The Curse Giver
  • Beneath a Waning Moon
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
  • Impossible Things
  • Ember
  • The Scarecrow King
  • Song For Sophia (Rougemont, #1)
  • The Eye of the Beholder (Fairytale Collection #1)
  • Unmasked by the Marquess (Regency Imposters, #1)
  • Take the Lead (Dance Off, #1)
  • Paladin's Prize (Age of Heroes, #1)
  • Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)
  • The Cold King
  • A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2)
  • The Kraken King  (Iron Seas, #4)
  • Beast in Shining Armor (A Kinda Fairytale, #2)
  • Accidental Sorceress (Hardstorm Saga, #2)
  • Beauty and the Rake  (The Rookery Rogues, #3)
I'm an author and Louisiana native living in Texas with my husband, three smalls and a big doofus dog. I have lived in Spain, hiked the Teton Mountains, honeymooned in Scotland, ridden in competition rodeo and am the great great granddaughter of a Nicaraguan president. I also hate doing laundry and refuse to iron anything.

I've loved storytelling since forever. I published my first short story with
“I can't accept this, my lord. Its too fine a gift, and I am no queen."

Ballard gently pushed it back to her. "You are, Louvaen. You're simply uncrowned.”
18 likes
“I'm not laughing, and I'm not running. I wont lie either. You're a chilling sight to behold. I've had nightmares of monsters prettier than you." She stepped closer and raised her other hand to thread her fingers through his hair. This time he didn't flinch away. "But you're still you under all this flux nonsense. Only a fool of a woman would run from such an extraordinary man, and I am no fool, Ballard de Sauveterre.” 11 likes