Start by marking “Last Chance Proposal” as Want to Read:

Last Chance Proposal

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Winner - RWNZ Romance Book of the Year - short/sweet 2013

Finalist - Bookseller's Best Award 2014

A wife he needs. The woman he desires.

Cy Hathaway needs a wife, fast, to win custody of his son, Jonty. He returns home to discover the childhood sweetheart he once left behind has become a vibrant, beautiful woman. Even though wanting to sweep her off her feet wasn't part of t
Published December 9th 2013 by Entangled: Bliss

To ask other readers questions about Last Chance Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Chance Proposal

Blame It On The Brontes by Becky LowerRiptide by Amber Lea EastonHoliday Affair by Annie SeatonItalian Affair by Annie SeatonTangling with the CEO by Annie Seaton
COASTAL ROMANCE
96 books — 286 voters
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellVanilla on Top by C.J. EllissonThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnRules of Entanglement by Gina L. Maxwell
Entangled Books
341 books — 324 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather Anne
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Happy release day to Barbara DeLeo! Last Chance Proposal is the perfect book for this holiday season and takes place in the beautiful New Zealand. It made me want to hop on a plane and experience a Christmas in the summer time.
I just loved how family oriented this story was and how touched I was by the father, Cy’s, love for his son, Jonty. The way Cy was described as looking at his son and caring for him touched my heart and plastered a smile on my face.
I won’t lie though, when the story first
Bette Hansen
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! From the wonderful setting of New Zealand and all the different terminology to thinking about how Christmas is spent in summer. The characters were intriguing and the storyline had a bit of everything. Second chance, marriage of convenience, single dad, cute kid and of course tons of hurt feelings and misunderstandings. Really well written and the story moves along at a great pace. I highly recommend this for everyone.
Donnajo
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
read/review from publisher for a honest opinion

This was a wonderful, heartwarming story. I couldn't put it down once I started reading and hated fro the book to be over when I finished. Lovable character, great dialogue. I would recomend this book to everyone.
Also this is a new to me author which I would add to my list to read i the future.

Irene
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I really enjoyed Last Chance Proposal, once I started it I couldn't put it down.

Ellie and Cy had been best friends who had loved each other but after something terrible happens Cy run away from both Ellie and his home town.
Now nearly 10 years later he's come back wanting Ellie to help him win custody of his son.

This was a heartwarming story about love and the sacrifices you are willing to do for the people you love.
I enjoyed all the characters especially Ellie's nephew Louis and Cy's son
Monique
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amazing!
*******

This review also appears on my blog All The Bookish Love

Disclaimer: I received this book free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

This was the first Barbara DeLeo book I’ve read and she impressed the heck out of me. I finished this book in less than a couple of hours and I swear, when it was done, I was floating on cloud nine. A romantic upside-down Christmas read, it made my heart clench from happiness.
As a South-Afri
Jessica Figueroa
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgally
Cy is a business men who wants custody of his child, to look like he has some stability he comes up with a crazy plan to get his son: Find someone to marry. Ellie once knew and loved Cy, that was before he left her because she said she love him. If he can get her to say yes, they both would have to trick everyone and convince everyone they are in love.

I loved the connection between the characters, I thought this was the perfect holiday book. Being that its almost Christmas time I suggest you lov
Shari
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cy returns home to New Zealand with his son Jonty, to find a wife, to gain custody of his son. He wants to marry Ellie, a childhood friend, for a marriage of convenience.This stirs up old feeling they need to solve. I really enjoyed the dialogue between these two. The description of New Zealand was wonderful. It was interesting on Christmas celebrations. Highly recommend this book this holiday season.
Nicola
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love second chance romances and this is a touching, captivating journey of friendship, trust, understanding and sacrifice when first loves become reacquainted.

Cy Hathaway is facing a custody battle with his son's Grandparents in the US. His return home to New Zealand happens to coincide with his childhood sweetheart Ellie's own return and the poor guy is desperate to be the Dad his son deserves. He needs a wife to create the perfect family unit and he turns to the woman who was his best friend
LJT
Nov 23, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Last Chance Proposal by Barbara DeLeo is a sweet and slightly emotional romance about two people who fell in love when they were only eighteen. Ah, young love, so fragile and so mind blowing all at the same time. Due to a tragic event, the couple immediately separated and moved on with their respective lives. Years later, they meet again because a enormous favor is needed.

Cy Hathaway, a former surfer from New Zealand, owns a chain of successful surf stores across the United States. Due
Linda
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Sweet Romantic Tale Set in New Zealand!!!!

Cy Hathaway left New Zealand suddenly and without an explanation many years ago. In so doing, he left his best friend and first love, Ellie Jacobs, bereft. She has since moved on to a successful career. Now Cy is facing a custody battle with his son's grandparents and he desperately needs Ellie's help. Can she put aside her career and her feelings to help him? Does she even want to?

I loved the setting in New Zealand and, through Barbara's story-telling,
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free ARC of Last Chance Proposal from Entangled Publishing via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

Humor, romance and a fake relationship. A fun read.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Ashley
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Aww! So sweet! I think I might go back and read it again. :) I'll post my full review after it goes live on the blog.
Helle
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, was so dame sweet..
Becky
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books.

(3 1/2 stars--will they ever let us assign 1/2 stars??)

Ultimately I enjoyed Last Chance Proposal, though at times the main characters drove me crazy. I understand where Cy is coming from--his son is autistic, he's involved in a custody battle with his in-laws--he absolutely needs to keep his priorities straight, and priority number one needs to be Jonty. However, he spent much of the novel being grossly unfair to Ellie. He gave off mixed signals left and right
Sandy LM L.M.
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome-read
I have to say I'm a big fan of Barbara DeLeo. I loved Contract for Marriage and Dishing up Desire, so I was super excited to download Last Chance Proposal and as always, Ms. DeLeo delivers. I LOVED (yes I'm shouting) everything about this book.

Cy returns to New Zealand as he needs a wife to secure custody of his son, Jonty where he meets his Ellie his childhood friend who is now all grown up. Ellie isn't going to drop everything for Cy even though all the old feelings she thought she'd buried y
Yazmin
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
In Last Chance Proposal by Barbara DeLeo, Cy Hathaway needs to win the custody of his son Jonty, and for that he needs a wife. Otherwise, his in-laws will keep his son and more than likely keep him away from Jonty as much as the child’s mother did. He lived the first few years away from his own son, and now he wants to see his son grow up. With this is mind, Cy decides that the best thing he can do is to go to his hometown in New Zealand for a short business trip and for the holidays and look u ...more
Sandra
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cy Hathaway is going home to win custody of his son, Jonty, but he knows his chances will be better if he has a wife. When he finds out his childhood sweetheart he left behind is available and can fit in with his plans he decides to take a chance to apologize for the past and to help stabilize his future. Ellie is unsure at first but once she meets Cy's son she can't say no and along the way she realizes she has feelings for both son and dad. But a temporary arrangement is all Cy is offering.

The
Amanda
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book will warm you heart! I was addicted in first few pages and read it all in one setting. This is the first book I have read by this author but it won't be my last. Christmas in summer in New Zealand with a love story with two characters you can't help but love.....How could you not want to read this book. It leaves feeling warm and fuzzy on the inside.

I received this ARC book from publishing company for a honest review.
Maria
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming tale of a dad fighting for his son's best interest! Whilst trying not to fall in love with his long lost ex love. Although sad and moving at times it was an absolutely brilliant read, with just the right amount of romance, sexyness and it had a great couple to boot.
An excellent and highly recommended book.
Karen
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I really enjoyed this book! It was a sweet story about second chances and learning to really trust your partner. I liked the characters and fell in love with little Jonty! I enjoyed experiencing Christmas in a completely different type of environment than where I live.
*ARC received from publisher
Amanda
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! one minute I was crying, the next I was smiling. This book makes you think about how life troubles can affect the children around us. It also shows us how they can bounce back with love and support. This book has it all. I look forward to reading more books by Barbara DeLeo
Deamer
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
So beautiful, love the story <3
Tin
May 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, 2017
Maybe it's because it's only a short book and the book has to pack it all in and that everything should be resolved quickly, but i find the story really infuriating sometimes. Whenever Ellie and Cy act on their attraction and desire to each other, all i can think of is "selfish! selfish! selfish!" I felt a bit validated when later on in the book, Cy was aware they were being selfish.

By the end, i find it hard to believe that Cy has truly fallen in love with Ellie.
Monica Cardoza
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ellie Jacobs has had her heart broken once already but won’t tolerate it a second time by the same man. Only one look at a little boy and her mind is telling her to say yes to Cy Hathaway proposal.

This is my first read by Ms. DeLeo and I have to say that I have fallen in love with her creative writing in the romance genre. Her characters are wonderfully developed and the love that is expressed is beautiful. The one character that I fell in love with is Jonty he brought a big smile to my face. I
Hot Stuff Book Reviews
Find more on the blog: http://hotstuffbookreviews.wordpress....

I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

I’ve been following this publisher since they launched their first title and it blew my mind. When I saw a title available on Netgalley and read this interesting blurb, I requested it right away and was delighted when I received the go to read and review it.

While it’s obvious why Entangled decided to publish this novel, it didn’t work its magic on me. I missed this little somet
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

So, last night I finished Last Chance Proposal by Barbara DeLeo. I had to really think on my feelings about this book. Normally when I read a Bliss book I usually have a warm and fuzzy feeling afterwards, but I didn't get that. Don't get me wrong, it was a good read, but didn't have that heart melting that I was looking for.

I know that second chance romances are not always the easiest to present and can be a bit a challenging. However, I didn't really feel that Cy Hath
Zoe Dewing
Nov 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Last Chance Proposal was a sweet romantic read that you can't put down. Having left Rata Cove when things got tough many years ago Cy Hathaway finds himself back to ask a huge favour from his first love Ellie Jacobs.

All grown up Ellie is planning to restore the town to its former glory for future generations. Never did she expect Cy to walk into one of the committee meeting on the project with a request that will change her life.

This is the first book I've read by Barbara DeLeo and while I enjo
Rachel
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Be prepared to read this book in one sitting. The characters and story drag you in and don't let go. But also be prepared to tear up, there are some tissue worthy moments.

This is a fantastic story of a father who needs a wife to gain custody of his son, one he hardly knows but is desperate to connect with. What really tugged at my heart is the fact that his son Jonty lives with selective mutism. The author handled it with extreme sensitivity and compassion.

How Cy our hero, deals with his need to
Adensanti
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
not really liking this.

ellie was just a hopeless fool. the only conflict in this book was about jonty, Cy's son who seems to have a trauma that causing him dont want to speak and shut himself. other than that, there's no whatever conflixt in the romance department. coz ellie just freely give evrything to Cy. even though cy was leaving her 8years ago when she needs her bestfriend and after she said that she was inlove w/cy. if it were not for jonty's need, Cy wont even remembering Ellie and comeb
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Tangling with the CEO (Half Moon Bay, #1)
  • Love Songs for the Road
  • Stranded with a Hero (Three River Ranch, #3.5, Lone Pine Lake, #2.5; Real Men, #2.5; Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Love Bites (Sugar City #1)
  • The Switched Baby Scandal
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • Her Accidental Boyfriend (Secret Wishes, #2)
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Your B&B or Mine? (Maple Cove, #1)
  • Wedding Date for Hire (Anyone But You, #2)
  • Stealing the Groom (Stealing the Heart, #1)
  • Taming the Country Star (Hometown Heroes, #1)
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
  • Bikers and Pearls (Summerbrook, #1)
  • Flirting with Danger (Firefighters of Adelaide, #1)
  • Head Over Heels for the Boss (The Donovan Brothers, #3)
  • Real Men Don't Break Hearts (Real Men, #1)
Barbara DeLeo’s first book, co-written with her best friend, was a story about beauty queens in space. She was eleven, and the sole, handwritten copy was lost years ago, much to everyone’s relief. It’s some small miracle that she kept the faith and is now living her dream of writing sparkling contemporary romance with unforgettable characters.

After completing degrees in Psychology and English then
More about Barbara DeLeo...