Start by marking “The Weather Girl” as Want to Read:
The Weather Girl

The Weather Girl

Turbulence is in their forecast

Summer Raines knows when it's going to rain. She can feel it. That's why the local weather girl's so good at her job. Too bad she couldn't have foreseen the tumultuous arrival of Travis Lockwood, everybody's favorite star NFL quarterback. Make that former star NFL quarterback. Sidelined back to Texas after an injury, the golden boy is trying
Paperback, Large Print, 376 pages
Published January 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published November 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Weather Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Weather Girl

Mary Poppins by P.L. TraversThe Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisHotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie FordSoulless by Gail CarrigerThe Weather Girl by Amy Vastine
Umbrellas
190 books — 144 voters
The Weather Girl by Amy VastineSilver Shadows by Richelle MeadThe Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle MadowKnockout by J.C. ValentineDiamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow
To Read: 2014
117 books — 51 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie W
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've officially realized that I'm a weather nerd after reading this darling, clean romance. I don't storm chase and I don't know all the technical things about the weather, but I love it.

Naturally, that love means this was the perfect story for me. I love a clean romance that tells the tale of how two people meet and how they fall in love. It isn't easy; it isn't always pleasant; there can be a lot of misunderstandings and assumptions that stand in the way. Take this sweet romance and add weathe
J.R.
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Summer is a weather girl (in case you didn’t pick up on that from the title). She’s got a great job and a great family (what’s left of it) but she’s most passionate about is the weather. She’s not only fascinated by all things Mother Nature, but she knows all kinds of crazy awesome factoids that she unwittingly gives up time and time again when she gets a little nervous.

Which she never is. Until Travis Lockwood arrives at her T.V. station, threatening to take over her precious air time.

Not th
Melanie
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-tours, clean, romance
This is a fun, clean read! Summer Raines works at KLVA as a meteorologist. Her parents were storm chasers but were killed in an accident that left Summer an orphan at 16, so she's lived with her grandparents ever since. She's passionate about the weather and is working on a new segment to share her interesting weather facts with the viewers. Then Travis Lockwood shows up. He's a former NFL quarterback who is the new evening sports anchor. Summer appears to be the only one unimpressed with him, b ...more
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I thought this was a fun premise. Summer Raines is a Meteorologist at a local TV station. She wants to be a storm chaser like her deceased parents, but doesn't want to leave her grandparents all alone. Travis is an ex-football player who is now the show's new sportscaster. He is not very good at his job and Summer is upset that he is taking away some of her time.

Summer was pretty likable. I liked that when she got nervous, angry or happy she would start telling random weather facts. She is obses
Intricacy Alterite
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-read
I absolutely loved how the relationship between Travis and Summer developped. It was not insta love and that's even better, more believable, and all the more lovely.
The story shows real character growth, and doesn't sacrifice it to fit stereotypes. Also the secondary characters were as good as the main one. I really want to have lunch at Mimi and Big D's!
The kind of story that remains with you for a long time. I read it in one day and will recommend it for sure!

Obsmama
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads, own
SO cute and swoony. I really had the best time reading this.
Becca
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
What to say, what to say. I really enjoyed reading this book. Summer Raines is a meteorologist who has a knack for knowing what the weather is going to do. Travis is a former NFL hot shot who ends up working at the same TV station and Summer.

Everyone worships the former football star turned sports caster. Espec ailly Rachel the night time anchor. Much to Rachel’s dismay Travis doesn’t seem to see anything in Rachel, but Summer is a whole other story.

I have to say that I loved that this story to
Amanda R
I was up past midnight on New Years Eve or New Years Day since it was after midnight and I looked on my kindle app and there it was. I had been waiting and waiting to get this book. I was not disappointed.

I was lucky enough to meet the author last summer and shes just one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of meeting. She's funny and down to earth. Having previously only interacted with her via social media, I was glad to know that the way she is there is the same in real life.

Now the bo
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I’ve been looking forward to reading The Weather Girl since I signed on for the tour. I love that Harlequin makes a Heartwarming line for people like me who love a good romance but also love them clean.

I think Travis stole the show for me in this book. Haunted by the career that could have been, he is trying to figure out who he is. Who is he without football? What does he really want to do with his life? Travis feels like a failure and it doesn’t help that his Dad is the one telling hi
Szidonia
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book from the First Reads giveaway, and here is my review... I liked this book a lot! It was perfect size for travelling and the copy I received was large print, so incredibly easy to read. The story is so sweet. I found it very clever, and liked the way the author incorporated the weather and football themes in the book. She also was very clever with naming the characters. I liked the dual point of view, because most novels I've read that were similar to this always had just the ...more
Sue
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amy Vastine's The Weather Girl is a lovely read from start to finish. I fell in love with the smart and quirky "Weather Girl", Summer, and the lost and conflicted ex football player, Travis, as well as the all of the supporting characters. This is a story of the journey we all face at one time or another - a journey to find what and who we love in this world. A journey to find the courage to follow our dreams and our hearts. A journey these two face with humor and trepidation but in a way we all ...more
Bia
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this was soooooo cute! I've loved this book to no end. It had all the elements that made my Carnival a better one.
As the abstract said: the weather girl meets the former football player when she lest expected.
I loved how Summer used some interesting weather facts when she was nervous, how Travis got that and always wanted to know more, how lost he was to know what he wanted to do with his life and how Summer helped him through it. I loved Mimi and Big D and the way these two would know somethi
Rula Sinara
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fun, fast-paced and sweet romance with lovable characters and witty dialogue that will have you smiling on every page. I adored the intellectual and somewhat nerdy meteorologist heroine paired with the charismatic ex-football player hero who is just as wounded on the inside as out. An uplifting and heartwarming debut.
Cheryl Harper
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the unique setting, a television newsroom, and Summer's job as a meteorologist is something I don't see every day. She and Travis were cute together, loved the secondary characters and Storm the dog. Satisfying ending.
Natalie
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It had me captivated the whole time. I just wanted to see what happened. Travis and Summer were great too and I loved the twists that they took.
Lola
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

The Weather Girl is a sweet story and I really enjoyed it. Once I picked it up I didn't want to stop reading, it was addictive and I just wanted to read more about the two awesome characters. Ir's a sweet and heartwarming story about finding love and finding your dream.

The story starts when Travis joins Chanel 6 as sports reporter, Summers works there as weather reported. Everyone is impressed by Travis as he was a football player in the past, bu
Caro
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Super lovely read.

Gotta say, I loved, loved, loved Summer and her weather thing going on. Loved how she lived for the weather. It wasn’t just her job, it was her life. Hell, it was her, really. She was really sweet and kickass and vulnerable at the same time. She hesitated on what her true path really was (even though she really knew it), but I didn’t feel frustrated by it. I got it, I really did.

As for Travis, he was cute and very much lost. It was funny how he didn’t realize his true path, and
Amber Stokes
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amber-s-kindle
You don't have to be a fan of football to get a kick out of this story of weather-girl-meets-former-football-star! (Note the word "former.") I appreciate that The Weather Girl is accessible to those of us with little knowledge about the sport, and, indeed, it's more about finding hope when single-minded ambitions are unexpectedly crushed and reconciling your dreams with your responsibilities/other desires. I'd venture to say that this book is a gem for those in the NA (new adult) crowd as well a ...more
Laurie
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful, wholesome story. A meteorologist, Summer Raines, a.k.a "The Weather Girl", can feel when it's going to rain. She loves everything about the weather and is an excellent, accurate meteorologist. Things are going pretty well for her until a newly hired beloved, ex-football quarterback is granted some of her precious weather reporting time which infuriates Summer. From here we begin to see how both characters develop, and how ultimately love and respect for one another grows. I re ...more
Szidonia
The Weather Girl by Amy Vastine I liked this book a lot! It was perfect size for travelling and the copy I received was large print, so incredibly easy to read. The story is so sweet. I found it very clever, and liked the way the author incorporated the weather and football themes in the book. She also was very clever with naming the characters. I liked the dual point of view, because most novels I've read that were similar to this always had just the woman's point of view, so for me, it was som ...more
Michelle
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't feel more tingly-happy after reading this amazing feel-good read.

Travis is a scorching athlete-turned professional that is loaded with innocent confidence, perseverance and kindness. Summer is a smart, to-the-point, focused weather girl. When these two meet it isn't love at first sight but it doesn't take long for these two to kindle a sweet romance.

Amy's words left me happy and satiated, as usual. I enjoyed every moment of The Weather Girl and would recommend it to everyone that wa
Heidi
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the premise of this story, since I haven't read a sweet romance between a female meteorologist and a former football player before. The subtle characterization, like her quirky trait of spouting obscure weather facts whenever she felt stressed, made for an enjoyable read. Also, the timing of their romance mixed with the circumstances of their careers created enough tension to make me wonder if they would be able to get together, which always keeps the pages turning. The writer's voice ...more
Mandy
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought The Weather Girl was a really cute story! I loved the chemistry between Travis and Summer. It was so sweet how Travis listened to Summer spout off different weather facts when she was nervous or in an uncomfortable position. I didn't like Rachel and was glad to see a different news anchor reporting at the end of the story. Definitely a must read if you enjoy quirky, cute romance stories!
Ed
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It had humor and swoon, which is always a winning combination, but it also had likable characters. I wanted Summer and Travis to find their own satisfactions in their careers, but especially in their personal lives. I loved that soul searching was involved and that one of the themes was to be true to yourself. This is the kind of book that would make a perfect date night movie.
Chrisann
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I am buying it for my mother-in-law as a gift. That says a lot because very few of the books I read can become a gift I'm comfortable giving to her. The relationships touched my heart. And not just between Summer and Travis, but also between Summer and her grandparents. I'm sure this will be a book that I will want to read again.
Gayle
Jul 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
3.5 stars. I recently heard about this Heartwarming line of books and decided to give it a try. This was a cute story (and clean - yay!). I loved the small Texas town setting (not too far from home) - a great vacation read!
Lisazj1
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: google-books
Cute, quirky and sweet, I enjoyed reading this, and really liked the main characters. It wasn't fluff, though that's sort of what I was expecting at the beginning. There was enough family drama and a little bit of angst to keep it real. Nice way to spend a few hours. :)

Kennedy
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved The Weather Girl start to finish. I loved the resistance Summer put up and I love that she was not absolutely on Travis' radar at first either. It was a lovely refreshing love story that made me laugh and I wouldn't be Jazzy-Nic if it didn't make me cry a bit also ;)

Lynsay
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An amazing and sweet romance story. It's one that I didn't want to put down. I loved that the story went one way when I thought it was going to go another. It's not as predictable as many other romance books.
Catherine Lanigan
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book and this was when I became a real Amy Vastine fan. I should read it again!
The set up was adorable and was well-written. Five stars!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Wholesome Romance...: The Weather Girl by Amy Vastine 1 7 Aug 18, 2015 12:03PM

• Cursed be the Wicked
  • The Wife Maker (The Husband Maker, #3)
  • Lady: Impossible
  • Ghostwriter
  • The Bridge (Brody Law, #1)
  • American Surgeon In London (200 Harley Street, #4)
  • Miss Greenhorn
  • The Wild Card
  • Blackmailed Into a Fake Engagement (The Hudsons of Beverly Hills #1)
  • The Wedding March (The Business of Weddings #4)
  • Cole and Jillian (Pianos and Promises, #3)
  • What Were You Expecting? (Heart of Montana, #6)
  • Christmas in Snow Valley  (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies, #1)
  • Engagement Between Enemies (Illegitimate Heirs #1)
  • Mistletoe Magic
  • His Kind of Cowgirl
  • A Season in London
  • Podium Finish
Amy Vastine has been plotting stories in her head for as long as she can remember. An eternal optimist, she studied social work, hoping to teach others how to find their silver lining. Now, she enjoys creating happily ever afters for all to read. Amy lives outside Chicago with her high school sweetheart-turned-husband, three fun-loving children, and their sweet but mischievous puppy dog.
“... Don't be trapped by your past. Anything is possible. Start dreaming.” 0 likes