Start by marking “The 7th Day” as Want to Read:
The 7th Day

The 7th Day

(Sybille Thalheim #1)

"The Seventh Day" has been on the top of the German Kindles best-selling list for many months.

Sybille and Michael are a happy couple, finally expecting their first baby. But then Michael disappears without a trace. Sybille finds herself in the middle of a living nightmare. When her husband is found, stabbed to death, there is one suspect only: his wife who is charged with
Published June 27th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The 7th Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 7th Day

Start your review of The 7th Day
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-shelf, e-book

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I got this book from the author for an honest review. The 7th Day written by Nika Lubitsch was published originally in Germany. This book is the number one bestselling kindle book in Germany. I just finished the English translation and I now know why this book is so popular in Germany. In part one of the book, we find a 38 year old Sybelle Thalheim on trial for the murder of her husband , Michael. As Sybelle sits in front of the judges ,while witness after witness
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I. loved. this. book. I was initially concerned when I grabbed it, seeing as how it is a German-English translation, but lawdy, lawdy. I was not disappointed in the least.

This book begins in the courtroom. The story is told from three different points in time. You see while Bille is going through her trial, you see how she got to where she is on trial and the 2nd half of the book is what occurs after the trial. I have so many things I could say about this book, but, well, that would include MANY
Julie
I got this book from the author for an honest review.

In part one of the book, we find a 38 year old Sybelle Thalheim on trial for the murder of her husband , Michael. As Sybelle sits in front of the judges ,while witness after witness testifies about Sybelle, most of
❤Marie Gentilcore
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Not quite 4 stars but it was very good. I thought the translation from German was a little off in some places but the overall the story was fast paced and suspenseful.
Vincent
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Nika Lubitsch's 7th Day flows like your favorite television drama. It's chapters are easily divisible by the mock news clips she provides to give you a quotient of interconnected episodes from a series about a woman on trial for murdering her husband. I really enjoyed it. I wrote a full review on my blog: http://cranialgunk.com/blog/2013/10/2...
Richda Mcnutt
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Get your errands and daily responsibilities out of the way, because once you start this there's no stopping. Did she or didn't she? And if she didn't - who did? I was so pleased with myself for figuring it out - but would have been just as pleased if I hadn't. A really fun read - and the price is great at the Kindle Store!
Divya
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the way the story was told. I wasn't shocked by the story as the author's cues were a little obvious. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed it! It was a fast paced, wonderfully written book.
Recommmend it for mystery genre aficionados. Couldn't put the book down!
Alex
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast read, lots of tense, unusual writing style...
Good amusement.
Penny
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read the English version, The 7th Day...excellent!
Karen
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This a highly rated German mystery with a twist, a great who-done-it told in a chilling fashion. I highly recommend this fast read.
Connie  Bredernitz
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Told from a unique point of view. Never read a story told by the innocent person in prison for murder. I would recommend this book to all.
Michelle
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book

You people should just read this book yourselves and write your own review on this novel yourself and I really enjoyed reading this book very much so. Shelley MA
Charlie
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
They are a power couple, a couple of means and privilege, and this trial will not escape anyone’s eye. She is famous for her journalist work, and her husband for his work as a business attorney.

It’s true, Sybille is on trial for her husband’s murder. Yes, she thought about it before hand. Yes, she went to find him after his strange disappearance. Yes, she was going to give him a reckoning…

But she doesn’t remember any of it.

That’s of little consequence, though, as soon police find her with the
Jennifer Entwistle
Nov 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I didn't realize until I went to review this book that it was translated from German. The city and business names were impossible to pronounce! I just skimmed them over.

The book is a page turning mystery, but very repetitive. Just when you think you're going to find out the answer, you have to start reading it all over again, from a different perspective. At the end of the book, it takes a bunch of twists and turns and gets a bit hard to follow. If you don't know a ton about investments, it's
Allison Kohn
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a close up picture of an accused murderer in the courtroom from the perspective of the accused. Is she the kind of person who could kill her husband? did she have a black out from too much liquor? She has a temper, she is sensual, she has a lose of moral norms, but is she a murderer? As she sits in the courtroom her memories go to her past - to how long she has known her friend and lawyer and how they were once lovers...and the suspense and the questions mount up.
The sight of blood makes
Bookmuseuk
Nika Lubitsch’s Germany-set crime novel is a page-turning adventure that sticks in your mind.

Sybille is on trial for her husband’s murder. While on trial, as witnesses queue up to defame the once-glamorous darling of the society pages, flashbacks tell the story up till now. The structure is reminiscent of Memento, as our central character, and the reader, try to make sense of what has happened. The question also arises, can we trust our narrator?

As her lawyer, Ulli, battles to prove her
JJ Marsh
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

As her lawyer, Ulli, battles to prove her
A.B. Shepherd
Looks like I'm in a minority here, based on other reviews I'm reading for this book.

This was a strange book for me. I'm not sure if it is just because I am not used to reading books written by German authors, or if the book truly is strange.

Bille is a woman charged with the murder of her husband. The book starts as she recounts the seven days of her trial in journal type entries directed toward her old lover/defense attorney. There is a very bizarre vulgar sexual paragraph thrown in there which
Angela
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I found I could not stop reading it. It was great the way the author feeds the story to you a little bit at a time told by the main character, Sybile, and the newspaper in Berlin. It does go back and forth, but in this instance I liked it. I found I was ready for the blast from the past when it occurred, because I was dying for more info about the story. This story takes place in Germany so there are some unfamiliar places and words, as it was translated into English, ...more
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
I am not one for reading translated books as most of the time they are never really translated all that well and pardon the pun but a lot is lost in the translation.

This book however, did not lose any and it seemed seamless translation.The story is about Sibylle who is accused of murdering her husband though she has no recollection of doing so. It follows the 7 days of her murder trial as well as flash backs to her life with her husband and close friends.

I didn't expect it go how it did, and
Jeff Garman
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Too sad for my taste

Once again, I'm a reader not a writer. I don't know why a review has to be written to give a star rating. Potato chips I'd give 5 stars, peanuts maybe 4, and pretzels I'd give 3. To me, this book is like pretzels, I eat them occasionally, but they are not my favorite. I can't fully explain why, that's just how it is. I like what I like. Don't you? I can say that real life tragedies aren't my favorite. But maybe they are yours and you'll love this book. You'll have to read it
Katharine
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the English version of this "The 7th Day" and LOVED it! it was my first book by this author and will read more. It was a thriller with lots of twists and turns. It begins when the wife is on trial for her husband's murder and then has flashbacks through out the trial to fill us in on the history and everything that lead up to her being on trial. It was a page turner, one I couldn't put down.
Renea
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
Very interesting and at first I was not sure I would like it, but the more I read and the misdirection that happened it grabbed me.
It was a Kindle book and I am glad that I got it. I love the writer's style and how the book was laid out.
I would recommend it for a very good mystery read.
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was ok, nothing special I would say, but it was a fast gripping read. If it hadn't been for the innovative style in which has been written, telling story from different perspectives, I think I would just would have given it two stars.
Kirsten
I read the English translation of this book-The 7th Day. It was a very fast read and I enjoyed it very much. A nice mystery with clues that allowed me to guess at who the guilty one was and I guessed right!
Amy Robson
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read for an insomniac. This is the German version of "Elizabeth street." No similarities in story, but the author self published in German on Kindle after being rejected by publishers, and it's a great read. (I read the English translation.)
J.F. Penn
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, thrillers
Read in English but that version isn't here.

An original crime novel, as it opens with the trial of Sybille Thalheim for the murder of her husband. It is only as the evidence is given that she realizes who is really responsible. Revealed through multiple timelines.
Kornelija Stanislauskaitė
it was kind of obvious who killed Michael, but still, the storyline was full of different plot twists and I think thats what made it colourful. the ending was a bit boring, but the last page - outstanding. left me speechless.
Kathy
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: drama-fiction
A murder mystery wherein a wife is believed to have stabbed her lawyer husband to death. The story is written backward from the trial through the murder and the incidents leading to it, an interesting effect. Well-written, believable plot, good characterization and storyline.
Deb
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. The viewpoints of the various speakers kept the story moving well, and the twists definitely kept my interest. I was happy that Sybille learned the truth, but sad that she had to face the outcome.

• Mörderisches Sylt: Friesenkrimi (Hannah Lambert ermittelt 3)
  • Deer Season
  • In a Small Town (A Small Town, #1)
  • Der Junge muss an die frische Luft: Meine Kindheit und ich
  • Todesfrist (Maarten S. Sneijder, #1)
  • Todesurteil (Maarten S. Sneijder, #2)
  • Verloren im Eis: Thriller
  • Todesmärchen (Maarten S. Sneijder, #3)
  • Todesreigen (Maarten S. Sneijder, #4)
  • Todesmal (Maarten S. Sneijder, #5)
  • This Shattered Land  (Surviving the Dead, #2)
  • The Doctor
  • Just The Pits (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #5)
  • Madres arrepentidas: Una mirada radical a la maternidad y sus falacias sociales
  • Only One Life
  • The Cowboy and the Cossack
  • The Left-Handed Woman
  • Saint Death (John Milton #2)
Nika Lubitsch lives in Berlin, while her soul lives in Florida. Having been rejected by all German publishers, „The 7th day“ was at the top of the bestselling list only one week after its publication at Kindle, surpassing even „Shades of Grey“. The novel stayed number one in Germany for 100 days, making Nika Lubitsch the most successful KDP author of the year in 2012. The „Queen of E-Books“, as a ...more

Sybille Thalheim (3 books)
  • Mord im 4. Haus