Start by marking “Unexpected Fate (Hope Town, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Fate (Hope Town, #1)

Unexpected Fate

(Hope Town #1)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  15,206 ratings  ·  1,589 reviews
Have you ever felt like you were living your life for a future that was predetermined? Like there was some bigger picture you just prayed you would someday see clearly? That picture has been crystal clear to me since I was old enough to recognize it for just what it was.

Or I should say recognize him for who he was.

I’ve loved Cohen Cage since I was a small child. He’s been
Nook, 300 pages
Published February 17th 2015 by Harper Sloan

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Fate, please sign up.
Judy Rowen You will enjoy the characters more if you read CS first because those books introduce the parents and siblings mentioned in this book. All are very go…moreYou will enjoy the characters more if you read CS first because those books introduce the parents and siblings mentioned in this book. All are very good by the way.(less)

·  15,206 ratings  ·  1,589 reviews

Start your review of Unexpected Fate (Hope Town, #1)
Polly
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: talk-dirty-to-me
This review contains spoilers. If that's not your thing, then skip on. Though the spoilers will not ruin the book for you because there isn't anything original or secret to the plot.

Ok I'm going to try really hard to write a constructive review without bashing the author. Those of you that know me know it's going to be tough. Because:

1) Dani was immature and acted like she was 15. There was no depth to her character. I really felt that there could have been a few more things added to her li
Christy
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
 photo d324105f-c041-4784-aee8-9ff787069ec0_zps383c2845.jpg

I love the Corps Security series. The characters are a family and I didn’t want their series to end. When I found out we were getting a Cohen and Dani book, I was thrilled. Not only was it get getting to see some of my favorite characters again, as parents, but I loved Cohen so much as a kid, it was neat seeing him all grown up.

Dani Reid has had it bad for Cohen Cage for as long as she can remember. She’s never acted on it, but she’s never kept it a secret from him how she felt.

photo 03e26f9b-52cf-40e3-937e-18d53a536ffc_zps0eb26366.jpg

Cohen i
Catarina
3 Unexpected Stars.

Dani and Cohen are best-friends since they were kids. Their parents are very close so they pretty much grew up together. Dani is in love with Cohen since she learned what love is and Cohen, despite reciprocating her feelings never did anything with them because of their 5 years age gap, his military deployments and their whole family dynamics.
Until the day both of them can’t resist anymore and everything changes, both of them knowing that there’s no turning back now. But now
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4 STARS <3

description

I loved this book!! I was excited to read it even though I have read only the first book of the Corps Security Series. When I saw this one and read the synopsis I was sure this book was for me. The story is about Axel's daughter, Dani and Cohen, Cage's son. The story was hot, sexy and funny. The characters were likeable and captivating.Dani has been in love with Cohen since they were children. Cohen was friends with her older brother and their parents were best friends so they were al
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 "Protect Dani from everything with a penis" mode Stars

photo Elissa_i_am_obsessed_zpsiwklktsa.gif

Spoilers

OMG Fan girl Freak out !!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!! I am a huge fan of the Corps Security series, so to say that I was excited about Unexpected Fate would be a flippin understatement. I was over the moon to find out that Mrs. Harper Sloan was making a spin off series with the children of the couples I have grown to love. I had very high hopes for this book and I have to say it was everything I wanted and more. God did I love thi
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
SQUEEE!!!! New Harper Sloan book!!!! I can't wait :D

This is Cohen Cage's book!!!!

Or I should say recognize him for who he was.

Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5 Stars*****

photo D0276198-C31F-4B89-BC1B-111B21B4CD05_zpsffcl0i6o.jpg

I fell in love with this series when it all began Axel was my favourite but Greg became a second and the when little Cohen Cage came into the picture and especially as a child he was the adorable little boy that wore superman capes and joked about cough' Greg's manly jewellery, therefore I was really looking forward to this one I would explain this as one big Epilogue on Axel and Izzy and Greg and his beauty's stories altogether for me this was the icing on the cake, it had fun
Sleepless Readmore
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 UNEXPECTED .. but it was FATE .. STARS

Danielle Reid and Cohen Cage .. it's inevitable

description
Mark my words, Cohen Cage.
One of these days, you're going to be mine.

description
Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If you don't wanna try .. ►♫

Danielle Reid,
you've burrowed your beautiful soul
right into my heart.

description
"But we were going to fuggle" I complain.
He turns sharply to ask, "The hell is a fuggle?"
"Duh. It's a cuddle fuck," I giggle.

When I first saw this .. I was about to BURST into tears of joy. Harper Sl
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
I said I wouldn't read any more from this author after loathing her last couple books, and yet I was intrigued by this one...thankfully, I saw some reviews on it, was reminding of my loathing, and came to my senses.

✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via TRSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ! ☆

unexpected fate live

3.5 fated stars!!

* In respect of the author’s wishes: I will abstain from going into my usual in depth take on this read as it could result in spoilers, but will keep my review subjective in nature.*

quotescover JPG 29

Unexpected Fate follows the story of Danielle “Dani” Reid and Cohen Cage. Those of you who don’t know, Dani is daughter of Axel Reid and Cohen is the son of Greg Cage--- both men from Harper Sloan’s patented Corp
Cristina
DNF.
(probably the first and only person who didn't like this...)

The immaturity of Dani (the main girl) is ridiculous. The hero is no better and they're in their mid-twenties.
(I'm not even sorry, this one was a HUGE MISS for me.)

If you love Sloan's work, by all means, give this a go. Since this is the first (and probably last) book I will read from her, I'm going to say I'm not a fan.

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

#UE_1

I absolutely LOVED Unexpected Fate by Harper Sloan!! Ok, I will be completely honest and say that this was my first book that I have read from Harper Sloan. I know I must be crazy for not reading her previous books from the Corps Security series but don’t worry after reading Unexpected Fate, I am bonafide Harper Sloan fan and will be reading all her books now.

#UnexpectedFate

Unexpected Fate was simply breathtakingly beautiful, captivating and sexy!!!
Beverly
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LIVE on AMAZON

So unlike most people I have never read the Corps Security books, but after reading Unexpected Fate I can’t wait to. This is the story of Cohen Cage and Dani Reid and I absolutely loved the connection between these two.

When we first meet Dani it is the night of her Senior prom and her dad, Axel, is running off her date because he can’t be trusted with his princess. Left in her room alone, dressed up and nowhere to go Cohen comes in to save the day. Cohen is five years older than Da
Flo
3 every time I close my eyes STARS

“Even as a baby, if you knew he was around, your sweet chubby face would light up. You and Cohen have been a long time coming, and I know that everything that has ever happened in the past was to make sure this moment, every moment since then until now, was going to happen.
It's fate, baby.”

What a surprise. A spin-off series from Corps Security. Now that is something I can go with. I had no idea it was happening, but then my timeline blew up with pret
Chan
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Audible.

Maybe it was the voice of the female narrator
description/

Maybe I should have completed all of Corps Security before reading book 1 of the spin off series which consists of their children
description/

Maybe I should also have a lobotomy
description/

I didn’t like this. This book was superficial and unrealistic. Harper Sloan kept adding weird stuff to the plot to make it more interesting and to create angst, but I wanted it to stop!

description/
Why is there a weird horse running in the middle of my review? Well, if Sloan can add weirdness t
Elodie
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
DNF 15%. Ok, I'm sorry to say that, but the first 15% of this book (the only part I read cause I couldn't take much more) is just plain STUPID.

We get that she's been in love with Cohen since she was a little kid. No need to repeat it every two pages.

We get that Axel - who was the only thing I liked in this book - is a very protective father. No need to repeat it every two pages.

We get that she has no idea how gorgeous and slim she is. No need to repeat it every two pages.

We get that Cohen li
Jen
3.5 STARS....

For starters I'd like to say that I was a major fan of the Corps Security Series. In this new series, we are getting a glimpse into the lives of the children of all our faves from the last series. "Unexpected Fate" is the story of Axel's daughter; Danielle Reid, and the beloved Cohen Cage who is Greg's son. I have to admit though that a big portion of this story felt like a story between Dani and her parents rather than Dani and Cohen. On the whole, the hero and heroine did not have
scribes23
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Ready,Filthy and Pierced Stars

Dani-Girl

Danielle Reid is probably one of the most loveable character I've read. She's strong yet very vulnerable. Having Axel as dad would probably drive me crazy! Seriously.

“I love you, Cohen. That will never change. But don’t ever hurt me like that again. I’m strong, baby, and I’ll make as many building blocks as we need until the day my last breath leaves my body, but don’t make me build them out of pain.”

Cohen my Dirty Talking Superman

Oh my Cohen,
Vaneesha
May 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
Bloody hell I find myself wishing it was possible to rate books 0 stars because this book is unworthy of even 1 star.

When I was 10 and had finished reading Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix, I decided to write my own version of the next book, in which Harry brought Sirius back to life with Polyjuice Potion. Is that the dumbest thing you have ever heard? Probably. But hello I was 10, give me a break, I have a good excuse, this author? Not so much.

Unexpected Fate reads like a rough draft.
Andrea Smith
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay, I finished Unexpected Fate today, and I have to say, that Next Generation love stories are MY THING!! In my own series, "Past Tense Future Perfect" I give bonus chapters that give readers a "peek" at what's going down with the 'youngins' ten years later. But Harper? Yeah, SHE gives us a full book on it and kudos, girl, that's a brave endeavor!

So, in Book 1 of Hope Town Series, we're seeing Danielle Reid and Cohen Cage damn near 20 years later!! But Sloan did the transition from toddler/ado
Holly
Do you all remember sweet little Cohen who ran around in his cape and said the greatest things, ya know the things that made you laugh right out loud? Yeah, well let me tell you something, Cohen Cage grew up to be the most deliciously amazing guy!! A guy who I am thrilled to tell you also has some of the same 'jewelry' that his gorgeous dad has! :) - You all know what I'm talking about...yeah, you do!!

Cohen Cage owned my heart and I never wanted it back.~Dani

Anyway, sorry, I get a little sid
Shauna Casey
Aug 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
I think this is where I get off the Harper Sloan train. I have gone into every book with an open mind. I really loved Axel and wish the author would go back to the mindset of when she wrote that book. In fact, after reading this ARC, I went back and read Axel in the hope that it would give me back the magic of that first book. Alas, it did not. While I know this book is the younger generation and as such would be more juvenile, it did not work for me. While I would see glimmers of the author tha ...more
L*Take Me To My HEA*
4.5 If you believe with one hundred percent of your soul that he's your other half, don't you dare stop until you've had a taste of it Stars!

My heroes. My unexpected beautiful fate.

Dilek VT
Apr 09, 2019 marked it as not-appealing
Recommended to Dilek VT by: Jan
I’ve loved Cohen Cage since I was a small child. He’s been my everything for the last twenty-two years. I’ve loved him through every girlfriend he’s ever brought home. Through his college years and then mine. I’ve loved him through two deployments. And ever since the day I told him how I felt, he’s acted like I’m a stranger.

My name is Danielle Reid, and it’s time for me to get my man.

Are you for real, Danielle????
Eni
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book.

《《《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》》》》

Cohen's book ??
Awesome !!!

I'm really,really excited for this one.
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Reviewer✦
First time read: 2/17/15
Re-read: 1/16/16

I'VE WANTED THIS EVER SINCE READING UNCAGED!!!

+++ 5 'YOU AND ME AGAINST THE WORLD' STARS!!! +++
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
“It was unexpected, baby, but it was fate. It’s our unexpected fate.”

This story left me breathless and filled my heart with so much happiness. I've been a huge fan of Harper Sloan since Axel and meeting all the men of Corps Security had me swooning, but I'm sorry (not sorry) Cohen Cage takes the cake for best alpha in the next generation in my book.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

G
Kelli C
I LOVE this series and know what is better than the CS group? Well, the CS group's offspring! Let me say that I fell in love with superman capes and piercings early on and well, lets just say the originator or those special moments, little Cohen Cage has grown into a full fledged sexy superhero on his own!

If you have followed along in this series then you are no stranger to "Dani-girl" and her life-long crush on one Cohen Cage! There was nothing sweeter than the vowing of love by a 15 yr old gir
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Overall, it was a nice read. But I felt there was too much spend between Axel and Dani rather than Dani and Cohen. I really wanted that chemistry of them that was going on to be expanded. I like seeing Axel again but I wanted more of Cohen.

Plus, somewhere along, the plot was quick similar to her mother's.

D x
Kathe L
3,5 stars - 4 stars

*sighs deeply* What can I say about this book? This is one of the most difficult reviews I'm going to make. Because this book was different from other romances I've read, it left me confused at first and I could't see if I was enjoying it or not. (Does that make sense?). It left me in something as a torpor because I had such high expectations due to my friend's ratings here on GR that it was kind of confusing to see that this one wasn't going to be one of my favorites. It is a
AJ

I thought the Corps Security series had a REALLY strong start. Axel, Cage and Beck were fantastic books, after that not so much for me, but regardless, I fell in love with this bunch of badass alphas, as they each fell for their girls. So I was beyond thrilled when I discovered that Harper Sloan was going to be writing about the next generation – especially with book 1 featuring everybody’s favourite little superhero, Cohen Cage.

Cohen was introduced into the series when he was three ye

• Until July (Until Her/Him, #1)
  • Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)
  • Obligation (Underground Kings, #2)
  • Until Nico (Until, #4)
  • Until June (Until Her/Him, #3)
  • Until Lilly (Until, #3)
  • Until Ashlyn (Until Her/Him, #4)
  • Until Trevor (Until, #2)
  • Distraction (Underground Kings, #3)
  • Until Jax (Until Her/Him, #2)
  • Until Sage (Until Her/Him, #5)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Affliction (Knights Rebels MC, #2)
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings, #4)
  • Resisting Temptation (Men of Honor, #3)
  • Fighting Temptation (Men of Honor, #1)
  • Until Harmony (Until Her/Him, #6)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
Harper Sloan is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today best selling author. She resides in north Georgia with her three daughters, four cats and one dog. While being independently published is a dream, she also has three traditionally published titles with Pocket Books. When she isn't working hard on her next novel, you can most definitely find her with a book in hand.

**To contact Ha

Hope Town (4 books)
  • Bleeding Love (Hope Town, #2)
  • When I'm With You (Hope Town, #3)
  • Drunk on You (Hope Town, #4)

News & Interviews

“I’m going to miss you, Cohen. I know you don’t look at me like I look at you, but one day, you’re going to come back and I’ll still be waiting for you. Waiting for you to see me like I see you. Mark my words, Cohen Cage. One of these days, you’re going to be mine. And until you’re ready . . . I’ll be here. I’ll be waiting.” 13 likes
“When it comes to love, it's always worth the sacrifice. Always.” 13 likes