Start by marking “Fighting to Forget (Fighting, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fighting to Forget (Fighting, #3)

Fighting to Forget (Fighting #3)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  10,761 Ratings  ·  776 Reviews
Every fighter is drawn to the violence, the release that a perfect hit can bring.

But very few are drawn to the pain.

Rex Carter lives behind a wall of indifference. The demons from his childhood act as an anesthetic, keeping him distant from emotional connections. Only the ache from a knock to the jaw, the sting of a tattoo needle, or the heat from a piercing can jolt him
Published April 15th 2014 by JB Salsbury LLC (first published April 8th 2014)

Christy
5 Fighting stars!

photo 448ba66e-7d27-4aed-a88a-e175cf5a6085_zps0a24dce6.jpg

Fighting to Forget is the third book in the ‘Fighting’ series by J.B. Salsbury. It is a beautiful and heart wrenching story. I laughed, I cried, i went through varying emotions. Once I picked it up, I couldn’t put this one down.

Gia is working at a bar in Vegas. No one there knows her as Gia. She is Mac now. Gia is in Vegas for one reason and one reason only. To find Rex. The child she once knew. She’s watched Rex for years. Followed his career, kept up on how he’s been. She ca
Angela Bee Bee
Book 4 Fighting the Fall (The Fighting Series Book 4)

Book 3 on Amazon-->Fighting to Forget (Fighting Series #3)

"They can’t hurt you anymore."
"But they do."

You look at this pic of Alex Minsky and you see a really hot guy with tattoos and gorgeous body.
Then you read the book and you see a boy, tortured, who needs comfort, love, redemption.
Rex is haunted by demons he can't name, so he turns his self-hatred into pain and violence.
He finds a kindred spirit in Mac/Gia. They're the same brand of
Maddie
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Per me a Prologue is THE book’s reflection - SO it must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!
My review!

description

THIS IS another 10 STAR BOOK IN THIS SERIES FOR ME – Always being one of my top–top favorites as I giggled, I sobbed, I sobbed some more... I had WTF moments and yeah you broke my heart moments, THIS BOOK is another perfect book for me!

“Don’t let the dark pull you in. Remember me. Kick and thrash and fight for
Catarina
4 Secret Stars.

Gia has only one mission: Find Rex and protecting him. They both had a very troubled past and she promised herself she would seek revenge for it.
Now, with a new identity, she is in Vegas seeing how Rex is dealing with his life. The thing is: Rex past left hum broken. He only knows pain and he still lives in pain every day of his life: he’s addicted to it. He doesn’t get intimate with anyone because he doesn’t know how to. Until Gia arrives and tries to change it.

But Gia is still
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it

*** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ***

For any fans of "fighter" heroes, this is a book you should definitely check out! It's a second chance story between a tattooed, pierced fighter with a heart wrenching past he couldn't remember and a girl from his past who couldn't forget him and was holding onto a secret that could change his life.

The dedication of the book says it all:

"To every child who waited for a savior that never came."

The story started off with a prologue that set up their past. When th
Rag
5 'This just keeps getting better and better' Stars

“Only for you will I fight this fight”.

photo image_zpsqntrcynh.jpg

Fighting to Forget is one of the most emotionally painful book in this series so far. Who am I kidding? All the JB Salsbury books are emotional and painful, but this one, this one was different. To me it's because of what Gia and Rex dealt with as kids. This also one of the hardest book to review.

Mac is on one mission, and one mission only, to protect Rex. She's known as Mac now but she's actually Gia.
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
So this is going be a tough Review for me...I loved so much in this book, but I had one issue...one character that may have downgraded the whole experience for me!

I will start by saying the Rex is by far, my favorite male lead of this series.

From the OCD to the painful adrenalin rushes he needed to survive, I was fascinated with him. Hell, the prologue alone set my head in 5 star rating land! His absent memories, his pain, his red haired/grey eyed angel...all just made for one hell of a journe
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"To every child who waited for a savior that never came."

This book is in dedication to you...♡♥

Wow, just wow. J.B. Salsbury definitely is at her best in the latest book in the Fighting series, Fighting to Forget, as Rex and Gia’s story was something I did not expect.

description

I won’t go a whole lot into the plot as I don’t want to spoil the impact of the story but I will divulge that this book covers themes ranging from: abuse, sex, helplessness, despair, love, vengeance, forgiveness, and coming to a
Jen
This book was an intense read. This played with my emotions in so many different ways. First off, I have to mention that I hold a lot of respect for J.B. Salsbury for tackling some very hard topics within this series. In "Fighting To Forget" we are shown the emotional torment that is experienced by the hero and heroine. Rex Carter and Georgia McIntyre share a past that is both horrific and traumatizing. In fact, the trauma that Rex went through as a little boy, is so bad that his brain has block ...more
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
2 stars

Rex and Gia knew each other in their childhood. Years later, Gia has a new identity, Mac. When they are reunited, has Rex forgotten Mac completely?

I loved the prologue. I loved the first two books and I love seeing Blake and Jonah with their HEA.

This was my least favourite of the series. To begin with, I was a bit bored. There was good sexual tension but Mac's secret dragged on too long. I hate the turn of events at 68%. I was on the verge of angry tears and almost dnf.

I prefer my heartb
  • Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter, #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Beck (Corps Security, #3)
  • Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)
  • Give Me Grace (Give Me, #3)
  • Fighting for Irish (Fighting for Love, #3)
  • Resisting Temptation (Men of Honor, #3)
  • Fighting Shadows (On the Ropes, #2)
  • Out of Darkness (Heaven Hill, #2)
  • Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1)
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
  • The Fighter's Block (The Fighter's Block, #1)
  • Fairytale Come Alive (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #4)
  • Forever Consumed (Consumed, #3)
  • In Your Corner (Redemption, #2)
  • Beneath the Burn
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.

Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.

She spends the majority of her day behind the computer wh
More about J.B. Salsbury...

Fighting (7 books)
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • Fighting the Fall (Fighting, #4)
  • Fighting for Forever (Fighting, #5)
  • Fighting Fate (Fighting, #6)
  • The Final Fight (Fighting, #7)
“To every child who waited for a savior that never came.” 10 likes
“I’d take a punch every day of my life if it means saving him from pain.” 6 likes