Start by marking “Armageddon Outta Here (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8.5)” as Want to Read:
Armageddon Outta Here (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8.5)

Armageddon Outta Here

(Skulduggery Pleasant #8.5)

The ULTIMATE story collection for Skulduggery Pleasant fans. Featuring two AMAZING novellas and fourteen GRIPPING short stories - including three new stories written exclusively for this edition.

We all know that doors are for people with no imagination so smash the glass, climb through the window and enter the awesome world of Skulduggery Pleasant with this ultimate story
Published July 3rd 2014 by HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks

To ask other readers questions about Armageddon Outta Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Armageddon Outta Here

Start your review of Armageddon Outta Here (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8.5)
Jasmine
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
26.7.14: Review edited to suit my thoughts after reading the novella. Note that it will take me a while to find gifs that properly suit my emotions for each story, so this review is still a "work in progress".

29.03.2014: Review edited to suit the new information provided (the official blurb, full wraparound, etc.).

29.03.2014: It's been exactly one day since I saw the cover for Armageddon Outta Here, and I still have these reactions when I see it.

When I see the cool swirls and colours:

When I
Saskia
Nov 20, 2013 marked it as paused  ·  review of another edition
EDIT: 11.07.2014

Armageddon Outta Here is...here. In my Room. With me.

_____________________

EDIT: 29.03.2014

We have a Cover!
And look at Skulduggery!

description

Am I the only one with hots for a skeleton?
__________________

EDIT: 25.03.2014

And because I, and therefore WE, are on the home stretch, this blog is going to be choc-a-block with announcements and reveals over the next few weeks. By the end of THIS week, for example, we'll be revealing the cover for the
Simona
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: witches-magic
I read this sometime last year guess I never marked it as read? Oops lol
Booknut
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book contains an exclusive sneak peek at the upcoming Skulduggery novel The Dying of the Light!

I've officially died and gone to heaven. Derek Landy has included an extremely intriguing (& funny) sneak peek of the upcoming Skulduggery book at the end of Armageddon Outta Here.

For those who want a taste of the teaser, here is a brief excerpt:

'He stood there, looking at her. She glared back, opened her mouth to continue the conversation, but he suddenly turned, walked away, like he'd just
Robert
I haven't read any Skulduggery in ages but it's perfect for my current mood - that is fun, lightweight and fast-paced. The short story form offers the opportunity to experiment and Landy takes that opportunity, varying genre, tone and narrative perspective and in doing so proving he's not just a one note writer. I'd very happily see him produce novels that showed the same variety. The haunted house story was particularly good, building a great atmosphere of dread.
Kribu
Not rating this as it's a collection of short stories varying in length and in the amount of satisfaction I got from each one.

I didn't re-read the stories which I'd read before, which was most of them, but of the new ones, I really liked The Horror Writers' Halloween Ball.

Get Thee Behind Me, Bubba Moon - the brand new novella - is, story-wise, the best of the lot, but oddly enough, I think I'd have liked it better as a non-SP story, with no Skul or Val in it at all. As it was, the very small
Amanda
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been reading these short stories after finishing my rereads of the series. I enjoyed the two novellas in here the most, as well as a story about Gordon Edgley. Most of these stories were fun and fast and introduced some new characters through which to view Skulduggery and Valkyrie. I enjoyed reading these bonus adventures and look forward to continuing on with book 8 (which I technically should have read before finishing this, but I just skipped the teaser chapter of book 9 at the end of ...more
Zohal
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review to come when on computer. :)
Amanda G. (Nellie and Co.
Finishing the Skulduggery series earlier in the year left me with quite an emotional gap in my heart. There's a space there, much like how Potterheads feel years after the ending, that can only be filled with the love you have for a series and for me, I will passionately love Skulduggery Pleasant for a long, long time, and honestly, it hadn't occurred to me to read the novellas of this series - they felt to me like they wouldn't really be worth it, they're only really fillers for the series ...more
Olga
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best, detective, fantasy, humor
5/5 no doubt.
A short-story collection, more of the quick-peak in the world already loved and cherished, and, yes please, give me more, because I could never get enough of SP.
Some stories were good, some excellent, some magnificent, some pure love. But lets talk detail.

Across a Dark Plain
A Dead Man story? Like all of them, alive (with well known exception of our skeleton) and kicking, and fighting zombies on a haunted graveyard. The dynamics, the team-work perfect like clock-work, the humour oh
Jack
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a cool collection of short books, backstories and spin-offs. It was fun to read and also provide some facts about some of the characters that would never have been known otherwise. I recommend this book to 10-20 year olds and I recommend reading this book before Maleficent Seven and Last Stand of Dead Men. (Also I would encourage the author, Derek Landy, to write another collection of books starring other characters.)
Danny
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, paranormal, 2018
This might be my favourite sentence I've ever read:

Scrannel ran to the dark corner of the cave where he kept his stuff, and grabbed the wooden spear hed been working on for weeks. He ran back towards Tanith and when he was close enough so there was no way he could miss, he hurled the spear and missed.
Phebs
4.75

Always a pleasure getting back into the world of Skulduggery and Valkyrie, if only for a short time. Loved it.
Landy - you're hilarious and fabulous as always.

Now... The wait for Book 11...
Kristy • The Reader Dragon
omg I'm actually such an idiot because I thought I still had like 30 pages or so of stories to go after I'd read The Maleficent Seven so I'd been saving them until I needed it aaaaaand it turns out I only had one 10 page story left and that's it. smh.
Natalie McCasker
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
This was fine

I find that the short story collections/novellas just don't interest me that much. So I think I'll just stick to the main story.
Alexxy
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads, fantasy
Armageddon outta here is a series of short stories set during different times of the Skulduggery pleasant series.
I'm aware of some of the stories being published before as individual novellas, and considering that it's been a while since I've read them, I'll give my review on the new added stories (the ones that were new to me) :
1. 'Across a dark plain' is set during the old times when dead men were still together and they're all working on a case. It's a short story showing us how coordinated
Jessica (aus.fangirl.reads)
I decided to listen to this as an audio book to help me keep reading while I'm moving and I was shocked to learn that the audio book has an extra three stories in it!!

I mean newer editions of it might have these stories in it, but my 2014 copy doesn't have them, so being the fangirl that I am I was shocked and upset that I hadn't heard these stories.
These stories were:
Death and Texas
This story follows Billy-Ray Sanguine as he saves some hilbillies while on a job to collect his employers money.
Hadlai
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap. Well, this certainly did not disappoint. I gotta say, I think The Wonderful Adventures of Geoffrey Scrutinous was my favorite one. I read it once myself and then again to my sister, and I still want to read it a third time.
The change of tone and voice in Get Thee Behind Me, Bubba Moon reminded me that Derek Landy is not just good at writing Skulduggery Pleasant -- he's good at writing, period. I'd love it if I got my hands on any horror novel he'd written; I probably wouldn't sleep
Jess
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am honestly so glad that Derek Landy published all of these short stories and novellas. It gave such a good insight on some of the things that occurred in between the books that I would have never known about unless he published this. It was funny and the stories were creative and I am happy to add this to my already large Skulduggery Pleasant collection. Can't wait for 'The Dying of the Light'!
Sam
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved every single one of the short stories in this collection. It's been a while since I've listened to a Skulduggery book, so I had forgotten how awesome they were.
I liked the different styles of writing too, Derek Landy has truly shown off his amazing writing skills with this book. I know that I will always enjoy whatever he writes.
Kara
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014, favorites
I really liked this. The humour, the characters and everything was there, but I didn't get that same kick out of this book as I did out of any of the full length novels - which is of course predictable, considering the short story format is completely different. Overall though, as usual with the genius that is Derek Landy, fantastic.
Emily Grace
perfection in ink and paper form
Nikki
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Derek Landy is a freaking genius. Obviously.

First read: Aug 2014
Harold Coutts
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
get thee behind me, bubba moon is one of the best short horror stories i've ever read
Panna
I'd honestly love to give this book 5 stars, simply because Derek Landy is a god, but sadly I have to downgrade to 4.

The stories were good though, don't get me wrong! I loved The End Of The World and Get Thee Behind Me, Bubba Moon! (maybe because that title's so fun to say?).
I also enjoyed learning the full(ish) stories about the characters who had been so briefly mentioned in the other books, like Myosotis Terra, Geoffrey Scrutinous and, my favourite and only Aussie sorcerer, Hayley Skirmish.
Edward Davies
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
ACROSS A DARK PLAIN
An interesting Wild West look at the original Dead Men back in the 1800s, this doesnt have as much humour as some of the stories, most likely by intent, but it still has the Landy wit we all expect.

THE HORROR WRITERS HALLOWEEN BALL
So much fun, I loved this one. One of the best in the short story collection.

THE LOST ART OF WORLD DOMINATION
This one was real silly and shows how frustrating Skulduggery can be.

GOLD, BABIES, AND THE BROTHERS MULDOON
A little more serious, but still
Katie
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was about as good as I expected it to be. Not a single one of the books in this series has managed to disappoint me, which is why I was sure I was going to like "Armageddon Outta Here". I mean, it is a collection of short stories (most of them featuring Skulduggery and Valkyrie, whith my beloved Tanith making occasional appearances), so there was not too much time to get emotionally invested in any one of them. But the writing was as great as always and the dry humor had me laugh out loud ...more
Bryan D
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is classic, fun witty short stories with Landy concluding with two fantastic stories at the end, the highlight of the series is Get Thee Behind Me Bubba Moon, it sounds like a Mighty Boosh sketch but is a decent very creepy haunted house story and The Lost Art of World Domination brings up the flaws in the notion of world domination.
This book was a clever distraction for fans who were waiting for the release of The Dying of the Light which was meant to be the last novel but there is another
I'll write about the individual stories and mostly on the characters cause I really don't want to spoil anything about this fantastic book!

Across a Dark Plain:-
Wow! This is the second time I have read this short story and I am still impressed! But I'm not that surprised, this is Derek Landy after all! How I have nothing but praise, with little dialogue, Landy portrays the Dead Men perfectly! Their team work fighting the zombies, their determination of chasing Serpine just for Skulduggery, their
LuffyK
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Verdammtes Königreich (Kings & Fools #1)
  • Birth of a Killer (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, #1)
  • Challenging Zed (Benedicts, #1.5)
  • Ohne Netz: Mein halbes Jahr offline
  • South by Southeast (Diamond Brothers, #3)
  • Reign & Ruin (Mages of the Wheel, #1)
  • The Hardy Boys Casefiles Collector's Edition
  • ONE PIECE 94 (One Piece, #94)
  • Jinx's Fire (Jinx #3)
  • Brothers to the Death (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, #4)
  • Darkthirst (Darklight #2)
  • Finch Merlin and the Forgotten Kingdom (Harley Merlin #14)
  • The Dagger in the Desk (Lockwood & Co., #1.5)
  • Herzenmacher
  • The Secret Chapter (The Invisible Library #6)
  • Die Kinder des Dschinn 01. Das Akhenaten-Abenteuer
  • World of Warcraft: Traveler
Derek Landy is an Irish writer and screenwriter. In addition to the bestselling children's/YA series of Skulduggery Pleasant books, a supernatural mystery series starring Skulduggery Pleasant, a skeleton detective, and Valkyrie Cain, a young female magician, he has written two screenplays that have been made into films: the IFTA award winning "Dead Bodies" and the IFTA nominated "Boy Eats Girl". ...more

Skulduggery Pleasant (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1)
  • Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant, #2)
  • The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant, #3)
  • Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant, #4)
  • Mortal Coil (Skulduggery Pleasant, #5)
  • Death Bringer (Skulduggery Pleasant, #6)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant, #7)
  • Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8)
  • The Dying of the Light (Skulduggery Pleasant, #9)
  • Resurrection (Skulduggery Pleasant, #10)