Start by marking “The Return (Titan, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Return (Titan, #1)

The Return (Titan #1)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  12,194 Ratings  ·  1,540 Reviews
The Fates are cackling their bony asses off…

It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who
Published February 16th 2015 by Spencer Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about The Return, please sign up.
Annie Yes, I suggest you do. The Covenant series is one of my favorites. You will need it to understand Seth and what moves him.

Sasha Alsberg
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
GO READ THIS BOOK! (Unless you haven't read the covenant series by JLA...then read first...THEN GO READ THIS BOOK)
So freaking good, I love how JLA writes and unravels her storyline in her books. Seth was just perfection and Josie was such an amazing main character who was very relatable to! I give this book a 10/5 stars ;)
Ezgi Su
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
description

Alacağın olsun Jen. Biricik apollyonuna, Seth'ine yakıştı mı bu kitap?! İlk kitap diye bişi demiyorum. Ama devam kitaplarında da hayal kırıklığına uğrarsam sileceğim seni...

------

UPDATE 2:

UPDATE 1: YESSS!!!

------

THE COVER!!!
Wendy Higgins
Wholly schmolly, that was HOT, HOT, HOT! Definitely NA/Adult, not YA. ;)

Impossible not to fall for Seth. Especially as I was imagining Chris Hemsworth from Thor the entire time. So, that was a bonus. And Josie as an MC was lovable.

Having not read the Covenant series, this was still very easy to fall into the world and learn the ins and outs. The mythology is so fun and so well spun. Another home run for JLA.
Boyanna
Nov 17, 2013 marked it as to-read

1. The Return will be in dual POV (Seth and our main protagonist)
2. You have NOT met the female lead yet.
3. The female lead has absolutely no knowledge of gods and any of that
4. Since it’s a Titan novel, you can expect… the Titans.
5. Apollo will be all up in the book, because well, it’s Apollo and I sort of like him.
6. Deacon and Luke will make appearances, but other main characters will not be featured in this series. (Not giving details to avoid as much spoilers as possible)
7. The biggest dif
Booknut
My biggest question whilst reading this book: Do I want Seth to end up with Josie...or do I want him for myself?!
 photo Thinking.gif

Pre-read review:

SETH's story?!

|4.5 stars|

Oh my, I definitely felt the feels.

The Returns takes place a year after Sentinel, the last book in The Covenant saga. Here we get to see the world after all those battles and natural disasters have damaged everything. We see what happened to Seth and the details of his deal with the gods and how new dangers rise and threats to destroy what was left. Seth has a new mission: help the gods stop the titans that escaped from their prisions before it's too late but in order to do so he has
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 Apollyon stars!

"You're just...you're just Seth."
"And you...you're just my salvation.”

photo the return collage.png

***First off, I just want to note that you must finish reading The Covenant series before reading this book. The Return is a new adult spinoff of the young adult series, the first book titled Half Blood and it's a serious I rated 5 stars across the board so I highly recommend reading it.

The Return is about Seth, the Apollyon who aided in several unforgivable crimes a few years before. In order to at
Patrycja

Release Date: February, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

It’s been a year since Seth started working for the Gods. He changed. He realized his mistakes and now he feels guilty for what happened. He finally understands how wrong he was and how much he hurt others. When Apollo sends him on a mission, he’s happy to go. He’s task is to protect Josie, a girl that’s innocence and beauty is al
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 SETHIE STARS

I have read the series Covenant and Seth intrigued me more than Aiden. So you can understand how happy I was when I learned that Seth had his own book!!I want for him to have a happy ending! But now I feel sad that this book is over...I wanted more..Such an amazing book!! I love the way Jennifer can bring mythology to life! Greek Gods...are something that I already know as I am from Greece so you can imagine my love for this book!! In this book we see what happened to Seth, the de
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
The Return was amazing. Absolutely, brilliantly done amazing. It was more than I ever could have asked or wished for. Not only did I get to step back into a world that felt like home, but I got to be with so many characters that I loved. But somehow, that wasn’t even the best part. Because Seth and Josie made this book. Their interactions of banter, animosity, anger, laughter and sexiness were perfection. I fell hard for them and this story. But, if you haven’t read The Covenant Series yet (Ha ...more
Prami{reader and dreamer}
4.5 Stars

I KNEW IT!!!! I BLOODY KNEW IT!!! A BOOK FROM SETH'S POV!!

WooHoo!!!

Jennifer,

Pearl Angeli
"You're just... you're just Seth."
A tremor moved through his arms. "And you... you're just my salvation."

I've waited months just to have this book and finally read Seth's side of the story, after enjoying the whole Covenant series. And after reading it, gods! I could not move on. Literally. There were so many emotions packed into this book. SETH!

Once again, JLA made my heart swell with so much love for her characters. Seth, is no doubt, Seth. A strong, hot Apollyon that I rooted for Alex duri
Summer Yaxley
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
SETH!!? OH MY GOD, MY POOR BABY SETH!! ♥

You do not know how EXCITED I fricken' am that Seth is getting a book, I was actually kinda cheering him and Alex on at one point of The Covenant series. But hes getting his own book, and I get to see my all time favorite characters again!? What could seriously be better!!!

When I saw this photo and description on Jennifer's FB page,
Yes. It's about Seth. Details will be up on the blog tomorrow when I get home
description

This was basically my reaction after reading what
Deborah Obida
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well that was fun, a bit disappointing but okay. I expected a lot from this book, being about Greek mythology i was expecting more action but got very little, even the romance part didn't start till like 70% in the book and its suppose to be a PNR.

The plot is okay, I feel like a lot could have being done to make it better, i know its a spin-off and the first book in the series but it did not come near to blowing my mind, i predicted lots of stuffs before it even happened.

The writing is by far my
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I LOVE Seth! It was so great having all Seth and no Aiden in my way! About time Seth was the star. When I first heard of this book I thought it might take place while Seth was serving Hades but it takes place about a year after the events that took place during Sentinel. Seth is serving Apollo and Apollo has a mission for Seth. Protect the girl.

Seth still feels bad about what happened with Alex and he doesn't think he deserves love and forgiveness. He doesn't want history repeating itself and t
Tanvira

OMIGOSH!! Omigosh! omigosh!

There's a new series! And it's about Seth! <3 I love Aiden but who cares right now, SETH'S BACK!!!

But, it comes out in 2015

But, it's still Seth so,

OMIGOSHI'MDYING
‘Jennifer | Wortgetreu
Ich habe dieses Buch als Hörbuch gehört und muss sagen, dass ich einfach nicht warm mit den Charakteren wurde. Woran genau das lag kann ich nicht einmal sagen. Ich fand die Geschichte leider etwas langweilig...
Pilar ☽
4- SETHIE -STARS!

"You're... you're just my salvation."

Mmm, what can I say about a book FULL of Seth? ... That it was fantastic? Seriously hot? Utterly entretaining? I could write million of things but it's going to take me a while and I kind of want to express all my feelings towards this book asap, so no time!

I absolutely loved and enjoyed this book! JLA can't give us a breath, she keeps slaying it, gods bless that woman! The story was pretty great, I'm a HUGE fan of the author's writting
Fran
"I've never had anything that was my own. Nothing that was ever for just me and no one else. I've never been anyone's first. I've never been anyone's only."

MIND. BLOWN. Just, WOW! I never expected to love this so much. I never thought I would love Seth this much! This is amazing, and I hate that I probably have to wait a while to get to the second book. But thank God it didn't end in a cliffy, at least.

This is a spin-off of The Covenant series, and I personally recommend you read that one fir
Jen
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The line for Seth starts behind me.

When it was announced that there was going to be a New Adult spin-off of the Covenant series, and it was going to center around Seth, I did this..

And then THIS because, hey, it was right next to me. Why not?

But seriously, I was SO EXCITED for Seth to get his own story. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Aidan St. Delphi, but I'm a sucker for a redeemable bad boy, and I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Seth. So much so, I made him his own Cuddl
Mari
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: greek-mythology
It’s more of a 3.75 stars rating. I thoroughly enjoyed this but something just didn’t click between me and the characters. I should probably blame my ass for not liking the NA genre and preferring YA instead of it, but oh well. What can I even do about it?

First things first this is JLA so of course everything was so good. Plot and characters didn’t convince me that much but I know that this is the first book and that Jennifer’s writing always keeps getting better and better with each sequel.
In m
Laurie –A Court of Books–
HUNDREDTH READ ON GOODREAD!!! YAAAAYYY!!!!

Rating 3.5
(perhaps)

Basically, I can sum up my relationship with Jennifer L. Armentrout with one word : TAYLOR SWIFT .

I love and hate every single book of hers. Every time I end one I can hear myself singing:
"We are never ever ever, getting back together"

But I can't help myself, I have to read her next book.

Let me start from the beginning. I started my experience with Half-Blood, and even if I tried to get over the fact that this book was outrageous
The Reading's Love Blog
RECENSIONE COMPLETA QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.it/2...

description
Ormai Jennifer L. Armentrout si è insidiata nelle nostre letture e ci ha rese schiave dei suoi personaggi. Non c'è un solo libro di questa autrice che non ho amato o che mi ha delusa. Anche in questo caso, cari Lettori, aspettatevi il meglio! Abbiamo conosciuto Seth nella serie Covenant e c'è chi l'ha amato e chi odiato. Io personalmente speravo in un libro dedicato a Seth, un libro divertente, sexy che in qualche modo ha riscatta
Angela
AAHHHHHHHH HOLY CRAP A SPIN-OFF ABOUT SETH?!?!?!?!! GIVE THIS TO MEEEH WHAT ARE TOU TALKING ABOUT 2015 THATS NOT ACCEPTABLE. *dramatically fake faints* *gets back up* *starts screaming again* AAHHHHHH IM SO EXCITED OMG.
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
RECENSIONE PRESENTE SUL BLOG --> http://www.leggereromanticamente.com/...

Il Ritorno è il primo romanzo della serie fantasy - paranormal romance new adult Titan di Jennifer L. Armentrout ma, essendo uno spin-off della serie Covenant, vi consiglio di leggere questa nuova uscita soltanto dopo aver terminato la lettura de L'Ombra di Ares.
Le due serie sono particolarmente collegate: i protagonisti di questa nuova serie devono infatti affrontare le conseguenze di ciò che è successo nel finale della
Stormy
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-loves, new-adult
OMG! OMG! OMFG!

I have died and gone straight to freaking heaven! I'm on the verge of freaking tears because I am just so freaking happy and excited for this shit! Ahhhhhhhhh! Yay yay yay! I'm on cloud nine. My amazing, sexy cuddle bunny is getting his own spin-off series! AND IT'S NEW ADULT! You can't have a book about Seth and still have it Young Adult because that genre just can't contain all the sexiness that is Seth. Satisfied, that's what I am right now. Just completely.

====================
Caitlin L
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So happy I read this book. I loved seeing Seth again and his deeper side. And of course, I loved (and cried) when they were talking about Aiden and Alex and Seth. Seeing the characters again just filled me with joy. And the story was so good! And wait for book 2! VIVIAN YOU MUST READ IT ASAP
SoWrongItsRANDI {Bell, Book & Candle}
Bell, Book & Candle | The Return Review

Two words: Daaaaaaaayum Son! Good God have I been waiting (impatiently I might add) for this book to come out. You all should have seen the cabbage patch dance I did when I got my hands on this book! Honestly I've been a fan of Jennifer Armentrout since I stumbled upon the Covenant series a few years back. And let me tell you, she didn't disappoint with this one.

"How in the fuck is that even possible? Was Hades sleeping on the job or something?"
"Yes Se
Cheryl La Pa
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2017-mar
This is a re-read for me and it was as fantastic as the first time. Can't get enough Seth!

Previouse Review...

Loved it! I am a big fan of the Covenant series and an even bigger fan of Seth, so I was in my element when I heard that Ms Armentrout had written the Return. And it was brilliant!

I got to know Seth so much better (I knew there was so much more to him than I saw in the Covenant series). He has matured and wishes to atone for his sins. (I always knew that he was a good guy!) It was enlight
jade
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Sigh. I loved the Covenant series, and was ready to embrace The Return. Here’s the problem. Within the first pages, everything is laid out and explained, including who/what Josie is exactly. From there on, a good portion of the book is about patiently waiting for Josie to catch up with reality. Since we already know her identity (and the whole world building if you’ve read the Covenant), it’s not that fun to watch her in denial and run in circles. I realize this is not Josie’s fault, but when th ...more
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Inspire (The Muse, #1)
  • Burn (The Rephaim, #4)
  • Fifty First Times
  • Blood Beyond Darkness (Darkness, #4)
  • Darkside Sun (Mortal Machine, #1)
  • Savor (Vicious Feast, #1)
  • Rogue (Relentless #3)
  • The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • My Life From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #3)
  • Collide (The Taking, #3)
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • Fighting

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout

Titan (4 books)
  • The Power (Titan, #2)
  • The Struggle (Titan, #3)
  • The Prophecy (Titan, #4)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“He shot forward, clasping my cheeks. “Say it again.”
“Say what?” I replied, gripping his wrists. “I said a lot of things. Help me out here.”
"Say that I'm not just the Apollyon," he whispered, his voice harsh.
Tears built in my throat. "You're not just the Apollyon, Seth."
His eyes drifted shut, his face tensed as his fingers splayed across my cheeks. "I don't even know who I am anymore. Or what I ever was."
Oh goodness, that ripped right through my chest. "You're just...you're just Seth."
A tremor moved through his arms. "And you...you're just my salvation.”
70 likes
“I let out the breath I hadn’t realized I was holding. “Guess what?”
“What?”
Meeting his amber-colored eyes, I admitted what probably wasn’t a secret, but what I felt like I needed to put into words. “I like you, Seth.”
He stopped his hand over mine, staying there, as he gave me a lopsided smile. “Guess what?”
“What?” I whispered.
Seth shifted so that his lips brushed mine as he spoke. “I like you too, Josie.”
48 likes