Start by marking “If You leave - Niemals getrennt (Beautifully Broken, #2)” as Want to Read:
If You leave - Niemals getrennt (Beautifully Broken, #2)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

If You leave - Niemals getrennt

(Beautifully Broken #2)

Madison führt seit dem Tod ihrer Eltern das kleine Familienrestaurant. Dieses in schwierigen Zeitn geöffnet zu halten, erfordert all ihre Zeit, daher spielen Männer in Madisons Zukunftsplanung keine Rolle. Doch dann tritt ein Mann in ihr Leben, der das verändert: Gabriel Vincent. Aber sowohl Madison als auch Gabriel haben in der der Vergangenheit schwierige Zeiten durchleb ...more
Published July 1st 2014 by Knaur TB (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about If You leave - Niemals getrennt, please sign up.
Ade You can read them separately but you will understand the story better if you read them in order because some of the caracters appear in the previous b…moreYou can read them separately but you will understand the story better if you read them in order because some of the caracters appear in the previous books.(less)

Start your review of If You leave - Niemals getrennt (Beautifully Broken, #2)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 (I wish I could give it more) Beautifully Broken Stars

I knew going in that I can't ever be with anyone. That I'm not whole. That I'm not normal. That I'm a monster. That I'm the bad thing.

She wants me. And I want her. Fucking her would be like harnessing a raging summer storm.

This book book gutted me, it broke my heart into a million different pieces, and then it put it back together piece by shattered piece.

The book starts off with a bang, as I've come to associate to books written by
Karina Halle
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't normally read romance. That may or may not be surprising to some. Usually it's because I get bored easily and have low-tolerance for a genre flooded with insipid writing, flat characters and lack of plot.

BUT THIS BOOK HAS NONE OF THAT.

Cole's writing is easy, yet poetic. Her characters are tough, flawed and tortured by very real demons. There's enough believable plot to keep my interest piqued and the pages turning.

Told from the dual POV of Madison and Gabriel, we are given one fiesty and
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kara
If You Leave is a continuing story of If You Stay with secondary characters from the first book as main characters in this book. I had forgotten what a *bang* these books open up with…it grabs you right from the first chapter.

The series is amply titled: Beautifully Broken for all the tragedy and heartache these characters must endure to find happiness.

Gabriel is an emotionally wounded soldier who has come home damaged. Maddy is an emotionally damaged woman from her parents' death and her
Jazmin Gonzalez
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow I really loved this book. It was such a great and heartfelt story. I love the writing and the characters. Their is no way someone can hate this book. 5 stars!

Why would anyone give this 1 star already?? It is not out nor do you know what it is about...

Go away!
axola
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I want to start saying that I loved Pax and Mila's story, so maybe one of my problems with this book is that my expectations were great. Unfortunately is difficult to live up to such high expectations.

Pros:
- I think the author has an amazing talent and she sure knows how to create alpha males that will make you swoon and feel protective of them at the same time.
- The sexy scenes are hot and will leave you wanting for more.
- It was nice to read more about Pax and Mila. Those two make me smile!

Con
Ilaria 81
Sorry mrs Cole as much as liked and loved Mila and Pax with Maddy and Gabe no chemistry and a little annoyance
So two stars only for little Mila and Pax sweet baby that has been the only reason that kept me reading and finish this book
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
I've been putting off writing this review because I honestly don't know where it all went so terribly wrong. I didn't really care for Gabe nor Madison. I really, really liked the first two chapters because they were original and quite lovely in addition to intense, but then it just went downhill from there. Why? Because it went on as every other "Broken Character Needs Fixing 101" NA book. It didn't have anything new. I have already read this plot a thousand times and honestly? You know how JLA ...more
Tiffany
Aug 22, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Uuuuuuuuuuuugh . I just did not like this book. I feel so bad writing a bad review when I don't like a book THIS much because it's hard to say things that aren't mean.

The thing is, if you like typical romance books, you'll like this one. It's like all the others. I personally don't like romance genre, and I don't really like NA books anymore either...again they are all the same; new name, new career, but same old story. The guy is damaged from a damaged past, the girl is damaged from a damage
bahar
May 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dear author,

At least that you can do is research, before u want to tell a story about sensitive subjects like the war.just one simple example : Afghan people speak Dari or Pashto not Arabic.
U know how I know? I just googled it.
J
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

description

Lonely and living a life that she would never had envisioned, Maddy's life becomes less and less hers and more her parents.
Maddy let her dreams go and stepped in to her parents life when they passed away.
No longer happy, Maddy can't seem to find the strength to let go and follow her own dreams.

~ No one needs to know that I really don't know shit- that I drift along in life without any real answers. No one needs to now that there are times when I seriously hate how things turned out, and t
Autumn Review
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, blog-tours, arc
IF YOU LEAVE was emotionally gripping, tragic, and heartbreaking, but there was also tenderness and love. I've read a few different books where the main characters have suffered from PTSD, but I can tell you that this book provided, what I imagine to be, a very realistic account of what it must be like to live with or with someone suffering from PTSD. Cole did an amazing job at grabbing the reader immediately into these characters lives.

I'm going to start with Maddy, because I felt a strong att
☀️*•*•*☀️CoNnOrBeLl☀️*•*•*☀️
 photo e2PdPuVZ_zpsiomtvycl.gif

description

This book was an emotional roller coaster I wanted to DNF it so much times. But for me Gabriel saved the book I just really felt like he was to good for Maddy. Even after he had a nightmare and he accidentally hurt her.

I wanted to kick and punch so much of the other characters in this book. But mostly I just rolled my eyes at Maddy's POV I know that she had some reasoning for being scared of Gabe at that point but after that and how she acted I just wanted her to shut up.

For goodnes
Kari
Mar 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, kindle
I am in the minority here. I didn't care for the first book and I think I liked this one even less. I didn't buy into the love story. When exactly did Madison and Gabe fall in love? They didn't really hang out enough to fall in love for me. Almost hooking up, hating each other, then finally having sex, doesn't make true love.

I also thought Madison was a bit harsh on him when he left for therapy. How many times does the guy have to apologize for leaving? Cut him some slack. He is finally trying
Book Wonderland
I prefer this book more than the previous one. It was such a beautiful, heartfelt story!
I love reading about military, so I liked that this was Gabe's background. He suffers from PTSD and this really affects his life. I really adored him, he's relationship with Madison was great. It was good that Gabe was only leaving to protect Maddy, and I was happy how he solved his problems to be together with her.

P. S. It was also good to have Mila and Pax involved here in this book too.
Barrett
Sep 10, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One word to describe this book would be "awful"... Not only was it boring, there was zero chemistry and nothing likeable about the main characters. I always finish a book but was tempted time and time again to stop reading this one. Big disappointment.
Yen

I read If You Stay a little over 2 years ago and really enjoyed the book and didn't realize there was a sequel until just recently. I picked up If You Leave with high expectations, but I was really disappointed with all of it.

Two big issues with this book: Gabriel is constantly a "fucking pussy" and Madison needs to get that stick out of her ass. It was honestly drama, drama, drama CONSTANTLY. I hated it.

I know the books I read are fictional but Maddy having so many tragedies in her life was ge
Jamie
Dec 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Did not finish....haven't read any of authors other books, but started with this one. I didnt think the characters will likeable, Gabriel was a cocky, conceited, smirking a-hole, and then running into Madison on her date and getting into it with him over nothing continually calling him a candy-ass??? That's where I stopped.
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
“Everyone always seems to leave me, Gabe… if you leave, if you leave, nothing will ever be OK again.”

Gabriel “Gabe” Vincent is a war hero, broken by the horrors he had to see and live through. He suppresses his memories and the scars they left on his psyche by refusing to deal with them, but they torture him in his sleep, night terrors making him relive all the ugliness he survived, filling his every night with violence and making him believe that he is irreparably broken.

“Is ever
Drita
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
..Courtney Cole you did it again..

~Gabriel & Madison~

This was the perfect follow up to "If You Stay" although tone of this book is very different from the first.

I loved Gabriel and Madison what amazing characters. Such a powerful and wonderfully written story, down to the wooden spoon. I just love Courtney's writing style...she drags you into a tale that will leave you breathless. So intense, raw and just amazing. If you haven't read her books GO NOW AND DO SO!!!

I would recommend this book to e
Courtney
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY SHIT!!! Once again, Courtney you have blown me away!!!

Courtney Cole has done it again!!! She had me hooked from beginning to end.

If You Leave is Gabriel (Gabe) and Madison's (Maddy) story. Maddy is Mila's sister from the first book If You Stay and we got to know her a little bit in that book. Gabriel is an ex-Army Ranger and his sister is Jacey who happens to be Maddy's best friend.

Maddy and Gabe first meet outside of a club one night but have no clue who the other person really is. Gabe
TeriLyn
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-favorites
As an avid reader of this genre I know how much emphasis we put on "book boyfriends", myself included. Madison Hill from If You Leave changes that for me. Madison would be top five on my list of book girlfriends. She is an incredibly strong heroine. She's also incredibly broken. Tainted by the volatile relationship of her parents and scarred from their tragic death leaves Madison a shell of her former self. But she never stops. She assumes responsibility for her parents lives even though she res ...more
nick
Jul 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

Read more of my reviews at Nick's Book Blog.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first book, If You Stay, in this series, but I liked the premise of this book and wanted to give it a shot. If You Leave tells the story of Gabriel, an ex-Army ranger, who returns to the US from Afghanistan, emotionally scarred from the events of one brutal night. PTSD is a topic that intrigues me. My first encounter with it in books was in Something Like Normal by Trish Doller. Now, while I do not like to compare books,
Kim
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faves, 5-stars
The bad thing caught you.
I've never retreated away from a fight and I've never cowered in fear. Ever. That's not who I am. But I've been in combat long enough to know that when something unbeatable chases you, you do the only you can do. You run.

Gabe is a retired Army Ranger that went through trauma in Afghanistan and is having difficulty adjusting to civilian life and putting the horror behind him. I felt for Gabe from the very beginning. He was a tough alpha hero with a tortured, guilt-ridden
Ashley Christin
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Copy was provided by Forever (Grand Central Publishing) for an honest review.
5 Beautifully Broken Stars.

The bad thing caught you.
I’ve never retreated in my life. I’ve never backed away from a fight and I’ve never cowered in fear. Ever. That’s not who I am. But I’ve been in combat long enough to know that when something unbeatable chases you, you do the only thing you can do.
You run. – Gabe

Gabe is a badass army hero, but he has seen a lot of messed up shit. Sometimes you don’t come back from tha
5 HEART WRENCHINGLY BEAUTIFUL STARS!!!!!

This book was AMAZING. This is the 4th book by Courtney Cole that I have read and I have to say she never disappoints me. She has become an automatic buy Author for me. I love her writing style. The way she can create so much feeling into her stories and books is outstanding. Every book I read by her brings out a gamut of different emotions for me. This book was no different. I smiled like a goon, I swooned, I got pissed and I cried my eyes out. I love whe
Michelle
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 you saved me stars.

Madison Hill had to grow up fast. Her youth was spent protecting her sister Mila from the ugliness of her father and her young adult life was spent carrying the dreams of her parents who passed away. She’s responsible and she’s been hardened because of her choices in life, choices she never wanted to make.

Gabriel Vincent is running from his past. Years spent living his dreams of an Army Ranger and now nights filled with nightmares that he can’t seem to escape. He’s drowni
Cari Sury (Girl+Book Love Blog)
**See more of my reviews at www.girlbooklove.com!

If You Leave is the story of Madison and Gabriel. I really liked Madison from If You Stay, book 1 of the Beautifully Broken series, and was glad she was getting her own story.

Madison came with her best friend Jacey to a club to celebrate her friend’s birthday, but after Jacey disappears with a guy and Madison feet start hurting, she decides to head home. In the process of trying to find Jacey, Madison stumbles upon the sexiest, most rugged man in
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
This book follows on from If You Stay but with different lead characters. This is Gabriel and Maddy's story. Both characters have their issues and this leads to some emotional and heart breaking scenes. Gabriel being a war hero has many issues and the PTSD that he was rewarded with for his service leads to nightmares or should I say night terrors, so he is permanently tortured. He believes that he is irreparably broken. Maddy has her own issues too, borne from parents in a violent and loveless m ...more
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Liking this story a lot I will def. come back to read the first book as the secondary characters were just lovely and I am intrigued what happend to them in the previous book.

If you did not start yet I would suggest starting with the right order of the books to not spoiler yourself the ending.

Why 4 and not 5 stars ? simply because coming near the end there was a plotstring that did not need to be there and that took away a part of the climax from the story. It would have been a solid 5 star othe
Eli
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is going to be amaaazing <3 ...more

• Façade (Games, #2)
  • Misbehaving (Sea Breeze, #6)
  • The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
  • Breaking Nova (Nova, #1)
  • Run Away With Me (Come Back to Me, #3)
  • Giving In (Surrender Trilogy, #2)
  • Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #2)
  • Watch Over Me
  • Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)
  • Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #5)
  • Until the End (Sea Breeze, #9)
  • Wicked Restless (Harper Boys, #2)
  • Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You, #1)
  • Three Broken Promises (One Week Girlfriend, #3)
  • Saving Quinton (Nova, #2)
  • One Week Girlfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #1)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • Simple Perfection (Rosemary Beach, #6; Perfection, #2)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She loves giving advice, loving on her kids, red lipstick and blonde hair dye.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about Courtney and her books at www.courtneycolewrites.co

Beautifully Broken (5 books)
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Before We Fall (Beautifully Broken, #3)
  • Until We Fly (Beautifully Broken, #4)
  • My Peace (Beautifully Broken, #5)