Start by marking “Finding Her Way Back” as Want to Read:
Finding Her Way Back

Finding Her Way Back

Meet Callie, a chubby-sexy nineteen-year-old girl who fears high heels, commitments, and has a love/hate relationship with her running shoes. Nine months of college down the drain and all she has to show for it is her freshman thirty.

But alas, life has other crap plans for her--one that includes a strict regiment of "do this and do that" from her she-devil sister, all whi
ebook
Published October 7th 2014 by Swoon Romance

To ask other readers questions about Finding Her Way Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Her Way Back

Complicate Me by M.  RobinsonHow to Date a Nerd by Cassie MaeHow to Seduce a Band Geek by Cassie MaeForbid Me by M.  RobinsonHow to Hook a Bookworm by Cassie Mae
Swoon Romance Novels
109 books — 114 voters
Hunting Lila by Sarah AldersonThe Dark Divine by Bree DespainThe Lost Saint by Bree DespainAlong for the Ride by Sarah DessenAlice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
Legs!
169 books — 120 voters

More lists with this book...

Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
Final rating: 3.5

You can also read my review HERE.

I picked up Findig Her Way Back intending to read just a chapter or two in between other tasks, and ended up reading late into the night. I had to. Callie is such a well developed character and the secondary characters surrounding her were fabulous as well. The pacing was spot on.

Callie is overweight, having problems with school and has troubles with her family. Especially her sister. Well, Callie is a refreshing character. It's nice to finally r
Heather andrews
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Obviously Callie has feelings for Ky and sometimes his words affect her, "she's...my neighbor." My shoulders slumped. His neighbor. Huh. Why did those two, meaningless words sting a girl's pride so much?" Sometimes the boy doesn't even let her finish a sentence, "then kiss me, for real this time. None of that fake, let's see if it works, s***. Kiss me like you mean it." I barely got the words out before his mouth was on mine." We also got to see in Ky's head, "so you had what, just flings?" Her ...more
Louisa
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, it had a lot of heart and soul, and a great romance, it was so sweet, and well, swoon worthy! Really enjoyed it, can't wait for the next book!
Mary Tatar
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Finding Her Way back by Heather Van Fleet was just short of NA perfection. This book may have been my first of Heather's, but definitely not my last. It was such a moving and exquisite story from beginning to end. I was instantly hooked on Callie and Ky. Their dynamic made me laugh and smile. I was immersed in a true connection between them both. To put it in simple terms, I loved this book and everything about it.

Callie isn't your typical nineteen-year-old College student. She is home for Summ
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
PSYCHOCAT READS REVIEW

It took a fraction of a second reading the summary for FINDING HER WAY BACK for me to decide it needed to go on my TBR list. After all, I completely understand the trails of the freshman thirty. Hell, I'm in my 30's now, the battle with some varied number of pounds just never ends. I'm sure many of us can sympathize. So the idea of having a lead female that is more average as opposed to perfectly fit garnered definite interest.

So, let's see if FINDING HER WAY BACK managed
books are love
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book leaves you on the fence on some things. anna is one of those things. She is so horrid and evil in this book. I mean she makes Elphalba the wicked witch of the west look like a total sweetheart. It isn't until the end you get a semblance of a explanation as to why she is the bride of chuckie and by than you just don't care she has lost her appeal for you. the way Callie is towards Ky and her waffling makes you wonder sometimes. Yes he is part of the past that causes you pain but to just ...more
Once Upon a Twilight
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was really good from the beginning to the very end. I really felt sorry for the main character of this story. She was nineteen and chubby. She just started college and went home for the summer to catch her boyfriend cheating on her. This caused her to gained a lot of weight, and think about dropping out of college. Plus she was hiding a secret that ruined her family and she doesn't want to relive it or have to go back home and see her family.

When Callie gets home for the summer she en
Broadway Girl  Book Reviews (Beth Lattanzi)
This is a story about letting go, forgetting about the past, forgiving yourself/others and learning to move forward with the life you have always wanted.

Callie has returned home from college with no intent to go back. She has to be in her very demanding and condescending sister's wedding. Her sister is just plain mean to her and is constantly calling her fat. There is more that is going on though that we don't realize. Appearances are not always what they appear to be. I was confused for a good
Patty
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, ibooks, romance
**Originally posted on Bookish Wanderlove.**

3 stars

Opening Lines
“You need to lose weight. Pronto. I mean, look at how massive your hips have gotten, Callie. Freshman fifteen my ass…I’d say freshman thirty is more like it.”

Finding Her Way Back was an interesting and eye opening read. I really enjoyed Callie's character, I found her to be realistic and someone readers could actually relate to. My heart broke for her and all the things she had to go through. And then we have Anna, I never like usin
Jennifer B
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Finding Her Way Back was a good book. I enjoyed this authors writing ability to bring life to her characters. Most of the time it was like I could feel the emotions coming right off the pages and sucking me in. The story line flowed well and while you will feel a bit lost and you will be kept wondering what in the hell happened to make Callie the way she is, just be patient you will find out. I am not a patient person and I was chomping at the bit to understand why the characters acted like they ...more
Ashley
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was brutally close to things that have really happened in my life. While it just hinted at most of these things through out the book the end truly hit me hard and as I finished it late at night I wound up crying myself to sleep as the words truly hit me.

Callie was struggling with events of her past and didn't want to admit her feelings for Kylan. Now that she is home she is faced with even more struggles when she learns that her sister is most likely dying. Kylan has had struggles of
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This was a really great. Another first read for me from a wonderful author. Looking forward to reading more from Claire.

I so love Callie and let's not forget Kylan. The connection between these two is great. Kylan loves Callie but will she let go of the past and allow herself happiness?

This storyline just flows and I ended up reading this in a day. The characters jumped out as real which I loved. Great read.
Mari
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an emotional story. Calla Lilly(Callie) Has so much going on in her life. She came back from college to prepare for her sisters wedding. Calla Lilly ran in to her best friend(Ky) and he doesn't look the same at all.She is struggling with her feelings being back home, so many bad memories. I cried and laughed with this book. My heart broke for everyone in this story. This is a must read. I will be recommending this book to my friends.
Katheryn
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
I don't want to rate it, because it doesn't seem fair. I wanted to read this because it's written by a friend of mine, but I found it's just not for me. But hey, I gave it my best shot. I supported Heather by buying it, and I'll always support. :) So this is a DNF and well...yeah. Sorry. Writing was great. Just not my kind of story.
Kathleen
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am not a romance reader... at all, but I enjoyed this book! I love good characters and this book had them. Callie is one sassy girl and her story kept me interested. I cheered for her the entire time! So cute. And for the romance lovers... it gets a little steamy.
Peggy
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
~~~RECEIVED FOR HONEST REVIEW~~~

A great story of learning to love yourself as you try to find yourself. How to manage yourself before loving someone else. First time reading from this author and was not a disappointment! Great read if you haven't yet!
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-arc, read-in-2014
Overall: 1.5 to 2 Stars.

I just finished it and I wish I could say I liked this one, but I really didn't. I was excited to read a book with a "chubby" girl. But by the 15% mark, I hadn't connected with any of the characters. I set the book aside for a week, then picked it back up to see if I had better luck. Nope. I skimmed/speed-read the remainder of the book.

I've tried to pinpoint my issues with this book. Because it has many of the plot grabbers that should appeal to me. We've got the "chubby
Kayla
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I adored this novel. I have really enjoyed everything that Heather has written thus far. The characters! Ahh! I adore Ky. He was absolutely fabulous. I wanted him in every scene. Callie - I loved her spunk BUT she did get on my nerves a handful of times. Her personality was a bit much here and there - especially when she would flip flop her emotions. Now Callie's sister... eh... She was a mess. I disliked her. But I think I was supposed to dislike her. LOL And then in the end, you hurt for her. ...more
Melody Winter
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
‘Finding her way back’ has been on my ‘to be read’ list for what seems like ages (along with many others) but it was the first book I headed for when I went on holiday. My first poolside read for 4 years was an absolute joy!

Heather drew me in straight away with her flawless writing and her easy to read style. The characters all came alive for me, weaving and ducking throughout the story as they all grew in different ways.

The story had me in tears at times and laughing manically at others. (Yes,
C.J. Burright
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’m not a huge contemporary romance fan, but when I read the blurb for Finding Her Way Back by Heather Van Fleet, I knew I had to check it out. Sure, it might have had something to do with the concrete, er, appendage mentioned there. Add in a chubby protagonist, and my attention was duly snagged.

I loved Callie. She’s sassy and her inner dialogue is hilarious! At the outset of the story, her failed relationship with her sister is heartbreaking as is her estrangement with her ex-best friend, Ky. B
T.A. Brock
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finding Her Way Back was full of wonderful, you guys. I mean, I pretty much devoured it like it was a chocolate cupcake with double frosting. First, you have a spunky, authentic heroine, who makes mistakes, and has past regrets. Then you have a realistic blue-collar hero, who is sweet and understanding and so, so swoon worthy. Add a strong and diverse supporting cast, and you have a winner winner tear-jerker dinner-- er, story.

When I say this story is a tear jerker, I ain't lyin'. From the halfw
Meredith Tate
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy dysfunctional family Batman. I loved the voice in this book. Callie felt so real and genuine to me that it was easy to forget she isn't real. In fact, all the characters were flawed and very well-developed. I love Van Fleet's writing style. While most of the book is told from Callie's POV, we also get a few peeks into Ky's POV, which I enjoyed.

Also, LOVED that Callie is a sex-positive, confident, plus-sized heroine who doesn't care about losing weight and is comfortable in her own skin! YA
Angela McPherson
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finding Her Way Back took me by surprise. I laughed several times, and wanted to toss my dang Kindle at the wall, too. I loved Callie and the way Fleet wrote her character was brilliant! Callie is a regular chick with normal problems a young college girl would go through. Ky was the perfect guy next door. I fell hard for this guy, and he was so super sweet... to a fault at times. While I understood what was going on in Callie's head, I wanted to shake some sense into her when she pushed Ky away ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book description does not prepare you for what is to come in this book. There are so many layers to this story that you do not expect. It is not just a story about a girl returning home and falling in love with the boy next door. I found it to be a rollercoaster of emotions with a lot of tissue worthy moments. Callie and Ky have an amazing dynamic and chemistry. You can feel their history and friendship in all their interactions. I had a hard time putting this book down and highly recommend ...more
Angela Caldwell
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had never read an NA novel before Finding Her Way Back. My first NA was a fun read and the author made it a real experience for me as she brought the characters to life on the page. I'm excited to read more by Heather Van Fleet.

Gabrielle (TheYoungFolks.com)
Book Tour: Finding Her Way Back by Heather Van Fleet: http://bit.ly/1sHkeOD Reviewed by Leigh-Ann Brodber
Nicky
The only one I save in this story is Ky.
It was too much and I couldn't stand the heroine.
Lisa
Oct 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: The Reading Room Blog
I received a copy of this story for an honest review on The Reading Room Blog.

Calla has hit a wall. Home for the summer from a disastrous first year of college, she would love to embrace her chubby girl curves but she knows they're hiding something much more than the freshman 15 (or 30 in her case). She's a young woman whose façade is failing and it becomes no more apparent than when she runs into her ex-BFF Kylan.

Kylan was heart broken when his best friend and secret crush Calla left for colleg
Jaime Lester
Oct 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Yay for me! Stepping outside of my comfort zone yet again! And this time, it is the dreaded romance novel. But I learned something with Finding Her Way Back. Romance isn't always dreaded. Sometimes, it can draw you in and hold you tight just as much as any other genre. The author just has to be that good, and you just have to give it a chance. The author, Heather Van Fleet, was just that good!
Cheers for the chubby girls out there. I have been there, and I have felt the ire of someone like Calli
Gretchen
Oct 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
I gave this book one star. I couldn't even finish it because it was so wretched. First of all, let's talk about the language. I'm definitely no prude, but the protagonist, Callie, seems to use an F word or an S word in every sentence. If I wanted to hear girls talk like that, I could go down to the local college hangout for a while. Secondly, even though I've only read 30 pages, I've already found three spelling mistakes.
Honestly, any 12-year-old could write a book better than this one. I don't
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The True Story of Atticus and Hazel
  • Holly Hearts Hollywood
  • The Funeral Singer
  • Tainted Touch
  • Run Away
  • Kissing Frogs
  • Sideswiped (Off the Map, #2)
  • Twelve Steps
  • Falling For You
  • Avenged (Altered, #2)
  • Love Found in California (The Washington Triplets, #3)
  • Letting Go
  • Lilly: Bride of Illinois (American Mail-Order Bride #21)
  • Seven Ways to Lose Your Heart
  • Class of '98
  • Wrong for You (Before You, #3)
  • Lucky Me
  • High Stakes Seduction (Book 3)
“Screw my muffin top. The more skin for his hands, the better.” 1 likes
“I gave him as much motivation as I could, because if I was going to be the girl he wrote about, then I wanted that damn song to be record breaking.” 0 likes