Start by marking “Touching Scars” as Want to Read:
Touching Scars

Touching Scars

Timber Nelson has recently returned home after serving two tours in Iraq. Suffering from PTSD, he’s a shadow of the man he was before his time in the military. Instead of learning to live with the nightmares he faced in the war, he drowns them in a bottle of Crown.

Katherine Pierce is an alluring woman with dark brown hair, tattoos, and a fiery attitude. Yet her history is
Published December 24th 2013 (first published December 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Touching Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touching Scars

Start your review of Touching Scars
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This definitely hit the spot for me ! Damaged alpha military male ❤️❤️❤️ wowza

Steam extreme. Oh yes. Me like !!!!

This was a quick read and I was so engrossed when I updated I was nearly done the book !!!

If you're in the mood for a book with possessive protecting military males sweeps into town to help a girl work through her demons ... I recommend this one ! Walls dropping , panties dropping , lust , love , HEA and standalone.

Read it !!!
✿kawehi.reviews
4.5 stars! :)

description

I actually really enjoyed myself while reading this. Albeit, the pacing was slow and basically sticks to one steady speed, I still actually liked and appreciated it.

Touching Scars tells the story of two individuals who have been broken by life.

Timber Nelson returns home after spending two tours in Iraq a changed man. He struggles with PTSD and molding back into civilian life while coming to terms with the demons he left behind back East.

He meets up with Katherine "Kat" Pierce,
Maayan
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book of this author and she certainly managed to amaze me! WOW what an amazing book! The couple was perfect for each other .. I loved how their relationship was built slowly, and I felt the love that existed between them. Both of them were dealing with their own demons and together they made each other whole :)
April Abrams
Loved Kat and Timber. I really loved that there was history to them that the blurb didn't mention. They were in high school together but he was part if the popular jocks and she was a nerdy girl to herself. That added an extra dimension, but it wasn't the typical read that involves that sort of beginning.

Timber was scarred and awesome. Totally awesome. And so was Kat. So rewarding to see that ending for them!
Vanessa
Very quick, easy, could-not-put-down read! Review to come...
Coco.V
Dec 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/1/2018)!💝
Sara
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was good. Katherine and Timber knew each other from school. She was picked on mercilessly by Timbers "in"crowd. One day he felt bad for her and apologized but she told him his apology didn't mean anything because he sat back and watched his friends bully others.

Years later and Timber is out of the army, after four years and tours in Afghanistan. He's experienced great loss from the war and it has left deep rooted scars. He takes a job in a small town working in the oil fields
WOW….What can I say…this was an AMAZING book. I loved it from the very first page to the very last. This book had everything I look for in a 5 star book. There was a tender love story, some suspense, some sizzling steamy scenes, and not a whole lot of outside drama. This is a story about two people who have very deep scars from things in their past. We get to see them grow together and work to overcome all their grief, fear, and guilt.

I loved all the characters in this book aside from Adam ( the
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

“Touching Scars” was my first book by Stacy Borel and I really liked her writing style. Usually I am always hesitating a little when a story sounds like a second chance/friends to lovers novel in its Blurb.

However, I was happy to find out that this was neither – it was more a enemy to lover story (and not even that fully). I liked the way the background story was told to the reader, which is often a moot point for me because I am not a fan of long “Then/and /now” switching chapters. I only like
Karen
Jan 24, 2014 added it
Boring

Characters and story line fell flat. It had a lot of potential but the author didn't do a good job keeping me engaged.
I feel a lot of books I am reading lately are missing something, when I find out what it is I'll let y'all know
Chris- Bookaddict
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
review to come next week during blog tour :)

Got my ARC Woo Hoo
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, abuse, two-povs
Good story yet with too much abuse as for my liking. Personally I wanted to choke Adam myself. Katherine and her keeping it low profile didn't make it any easier for me.
Poor beginning, happy end.

Erin
****4.5 stars****

So, this was one of those books that had me pretty much glued to my iPad from the moment I started it. The type of story that gets under your skin and just keeps you entirely engrossed in it until you hit that last page. That’s what Timber and Kat’s story did to me, with their shattered souls that called out to each other and the beautiful thing they became together. Kat, once the meek and teased mouse of a girl, had made it through her trials in life and came out the other side
Lustful Literature
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
**KIM'S REVIEW**

*4.5 Stars*

“If you’re so different from them, then change.”

Katherine and Timber went to the same high school and while Timber was a part of the “in crowd,” Katherine was not. Timber was a couple years older and his friends were complete a$$holes especially Adam. They thought they were better than everyone else and always picked on Katherine. Timber wasn’t like them but he also never did anything to make them stop.

“I made a promise to myself right then and there. I would do whatev
Chu
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Rating: 4.5 Stars

some_text

I fell in love with the cover, the blurb and the promise of STAND ALONE.

I always have a soft spot for war vets, armies, militaries or any man in uniforms. They are heroes who have risked their lives every second in the battlefield for our future.

Timber (love the name, by the way) had just returned home from Iraq. He was not the same man as before. Like some vets, he had seen and even experienced so much violence in the war which had caused
Amy Burch
4 Beautifully Scarred Stars!

This was a sweet and emotional story about redemption and second chances.

Sometimes in the midst of our greatest pain we find our greatest joy. This seemed to be the case for both Timber and Kat who were both trying to out run the shadows of their pasts when they somehow ended up in the same small town.

After a roadside bomb killed all his unit, discharging from the military and suffering with PTSD Timber Nelson takes up a hard labour job at an oil rig in a small town.
Shelly
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE IN THE WORLD!!!
This review can be found at http://sexybookreviewsbyshelly.blogsp...

I rate this book 5 ++++++++ stars!!!!!

I cannot express how much this book has meant to me! It has overtaken the spot of #1 on my favorite stand alone novel EVER!!! Stacy Borel is AMAZING!!! How she took these characters and made them so incredibly deep and structured is out of this world!!! It amazes me that there aren't many other reviews up about this book!! WHAT ARE YOU ALL WAITING FOR!!! GRAB THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW!!! YOU WILL
Karen
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been a big fan of Stacy Borel since reading her debut Indie treasures, Ever Enough and Always Enough. I dove into Touching Scars with high hopes and was not disappointed! In my opinion, this is her very best work and another five star masterpiece.

Touching Scars was a gritty, raw look into the life of Timber as he returns from his second tour overseas as a respected Army veteran. His story and resulting PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) has become the reality for far too many men serv
Alexandra
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
I liked the writing because the words flowed so easily. And each character having their own demons to face was interesting. I like military themes so Timber's PTSD was expected. And Kath dealing with her own demons but I was glad she tried to not let it tear her own. I enjoyed the relationship between Kath & Timber. And I really liked seeing the growth of development of them individually throughout the book. I didn't completely love it because I'm not swooned by guys like Timber, although he's v ...more
Georgina ☽ themalf0ydiaries
I'm kinda disapointed with this book, I just expected so much more. I didn't connect with the characters at all and didn't even care what was going to happen to them. To tell you the truth I kinda forced myself to finish it. And it wasn't because it was a bad book, not at all, but throughout this whole book I felt like I've read this again, like I knew what was going to happen and to me that's not a good feeling to have while reading. Like I said it wasn't a bad book, it just wasn't for me. I'm ...more
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two broken souls, two persons who heeled each other. Very good book.
Amanda
Jan 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Fans of the NA genre
If I had to describe Touching Scars with one word alone, that would be unfinished.

Perhaps I should've read the blurb more closely before picking it up, because then I'd been more prepared for what to read. Now, I barely even skimmed it; I only noticed the PTSD the guy, Timber has. Instead of a wounded soldier I get two people, where none of them acting properly considering their troubled pasts. The girl, Kat, of course needed to have her own demons, and considering the NA genre, I could've figur
Victoria
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
I just could not get into this one. I thought the blurb sounded interesting about a guy dealing with PTSD after coming home from war and finding love with a girl who was bullied during high school, but it just never quite drew me in. I just couldn't connect with the characters very well and the whole story seemed so unbelievable that I just could not enjoy it at all.
Timber was a good looking, war hero with a likeable personality, but I thought that his struggle with PTSD was unrealistic. The fir
JBro
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review: This was such an amazing story of strength and redemption. It begins with Timber and Katherine in high school, where Timber is part of the in-crowd that constantly picks on Katherine. It was a great example of bullying at it's worst because Timber did not necessarily feel that Katherine deserved to be picked on, but he would not really do anything about - he was a bystander. One day, after a particularly bad occurrence, Timber tries to apologize to Katherine. She didn't tearfully take hi ...more
Brittany Alexander
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I have heard a lot about Stacy Borel, so when I was asked to review her book for her, I was excited. It took me a while to finally get to it, but once I did, I neglected all my other responsibilities until I finished this one.
Katherine Pierce was bullied in high school. Not just bullied, but raped. No one knew though, because the thought of her attacker coming for her scared her.
Katherine moved to Port O’Connor, Texas to try and leave those memories behind. She shortened her name to
Lori West
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for Timber and Kat
*Offered ARC for honest review*

This book had me before I even read it. Make sense? I know. I was part of the Teaser Thursday and found myself anxious to see what would come up teach week. It was a fantastic way to get readers/bloggers a small snippet and get us on board. When I was given the opportunity to read and review, I jumped.

So glad that I did.

This was my first Stacy Borel story and I'm hooked. Her writing was well thought out, flowed wonderfully. You can tell
Felecia Hickman- amaya
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am familiar with Stacy Borel's books so I was expecting nothing less than amazing when I started this book. Well Stacy, *HIGH FIVE* and a huge congrats to you.

This book takes you on a tragically emotional journey. You will feel a multitude of emotions ranging from anger and rage, to loss and healing, and love and redemption. Put all of those things together and you have a brilliant love story complete with absolute craziness and beautiful ending.

I will start by saying my heart went out to th
Jessika Harper
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me by a friend. I have to say, that it was a really good one! I didnt ask about the book i just bought it and jumped right in!! I was not disappointed. At all!!

Ok so first off, the cover is completely bad ass. I love Joshua and he is just yummy all around. Loren is beyond the words beautiful. The cover only added the awesome of the book!

Timber to me was arrogant, pushy, demanding yet sweet and loving. He had a bad boy persona. Also, very steamy and makes me wanna let
Ajs  Book Reviews
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Christy
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Touching Scars is an absolutely amazing book! It will take you have you feeling a whole range of emotions and keep you guessing about what could happen next. Kat and Timber went to high school together. Kat was the one that everyone liked to pick on, Timber was part of the popular crowd and saw what Kat had to deal with from his friends. Kat couldn’t wait to move away as soon as she can and forget everything about her high school experience. Timber is just out of the military, struggling with PT ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• One to Hold (One to Hold, #1)
  • One to Protect (One to Hold, #3)
  • One to Save (One to Hold, #6)
  • Dirty Dom (Valetti Crime Family, #1)
  • Resisting Temptation (Men of Honor, #3)
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • One Immortal
  • Surrender (Careless Whispers #3)
  • The Apologetics Study Bible: Understand Why You Believe
  • Before the Dawn
  • Whiskey Words  a Shovel 2019 Deluxe Day-to-Day Calendar
  • Sweet Soul (Sweet Home, #4; Carillo Boys, #3)
  • Kingpin (Breeding, #4)
  • Lie Next to Me (A Millionaire's Love, #1)
  • Entice (Tangled Love, #1)
  • Embrace (Tangled Love, #2)
  • Talon (Uncompromising, #1)
  • When I Lie with You (A Millionaire's Love, #2)
Stacy is a mother of three, lover of food, and self-proclaimed coffee addict. She is a world traveler and started her crazy adventures at the ripe young age of five. Her father was an officer in the Air Force, and it allowed for her to see places from the Azores, Portugal to Honolulu, Hawaii. Stacy went to eight different schools before she graduated high school. After having her first two childre ...more

News & Interviews

“I was numb. Mission accomplished.” 0 likes
“I had bought the couch for this very reason. A man needs a good napping couch. Mine just serves a greater purpose sometimes — for all night napping.” 0 likes