Start by marking “Changing Forever (Rains, #2)” as Want to Read:
Changing Forever (Rains, #2)

Changing Forever (Rains #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  2,773 Ratings  ·  251 Reviews
I’ve always let my past dictate my future, letting it paint a picture of exactly what I don’t want to be. Where I don’t want to end up.

Drake Chambers is as arrogant as I am stubborn. A college quarterback, a national star. I thought he was just another one of those guys … the type every girl should stay away from, but he’s carrying more than the weight of the football team
Published June 24th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Changing Forever, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lindsay Pretty sure it's an umbrella with a rain drop in the first one.

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3 stars!

I really enjoyed this book and it was a solid NA romance read until the 75% mark. After that I pretty much lost all interest in the story. While Changing Forever is book 2 in the Rain series it can be read as a standalone – this book focuses on Kate’s (from book 1) roommate Emery.

Character descriptions:

Emery: a straightforward, takes-no-shit kind of girl. She gave up a lot just to attend college and pursue her dreams and won’t let anyone or anything stop her from getting what she wants
Lisa De Jong
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
On Sale for 99 cents!

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Changing-Foreve...
Rag
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 Forever Stars

photo image_zpscb9cb4bf.jpg

Drake is the football quarterback. Football is the only thing he knows. Literally the.only.thing.that.he.knows.
Em is a small farm girl who feels like Collage is finally her Freedom. When she was going around campus to see around and look she bumps into Drake. It was kinda funny, they have this bickering between them. They "hated" each other at the beginning but you know what they say, The person that you hate is actually the person that you like.*wink*

“Two different people.
Two
Dilinna
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
My kind of book but with a case of overexaggeration of situations, annoying hero that does not knw what he wants...i wanted to punch him alot of times! Alot of discrepancies with the same events that happened in After it rains and this one. I loved the heroine so much...she was totally my kind of girl...she really took alot from the hero though but gave him a hard time from time to time which was good. All in all i enjoyed it. Lovely epilogue!!
Patrycja
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Title: Changing Forever
Series: Rains (standalone book)
Author: Lisa De Jong
Release Date: June 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Changing Forever really surprised me. I expected something entirely different from what I got; I thought it would be more like When It Rains, previous book in Rains series, but it was not like it even teeny little bit. While Kat’s story was gut wrenching cry jerker, Drake and Emery’s journey was sweet, heartwarming college rom
Ms. Brandon
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
La historia de Kate dejó el listón demasiado alto, soy sensible por naturaleza, pero solo dos veces he llorado tanto con un libro como lo hice con "Cada vez que llueve" (la otra fue con "El jinete de bronce"). En este segundo libro de la serie supongo que esperaba un grado parecido de intensidad y no lo he encontrado. La historia de Emery y Drake es una historia bonita, pero se queda ahí, en una historia bonita más.
Viri
Jan 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Para nada lo que esperaba.

La personalidad de los protagonistas totalmente inverosímil.

Historia llena de clichés. (De los malos)

Actitudes bobas e ilógicas.

Insta-love Insta-hate Insta-lust

Narrativa normalita sin más.

Aburrido.

Ufff, no me gustó y eso que el principio pintaba para más.

No creo que vuelva a probar con la autora.
Juan Vorágine
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-6-junio
Llevaba las expectativas altas con este libro, ya que había leído muy buenas críticas de su autora, pero ha conseguido superar con creces mis expectativas. Os encontraréis con una historia de amor única y un giro en la trama que os sorprenderá. Espero que el tercer libro de esta serie llegue a nuestro país, y si puede ser cuanto antes, mejor.

La Narradora
Entre 3 y 3,5 en realidad. Me ha parecido una historia New adult bastante normal, no me ha sorprendido mucho y me esperaba más. Ha sido por culpa de mis expectativas eso está claro, pensaba que sería más como Cada vez que llueve pero es una historia más sencilla. Para las que les guste el género es una opción pero id pensando que no es como la primera. Eso sí Kate sale y me ha encantado saber de ella y como recuerda a alguien que yo me se cuando caen gotas de agua. De todos modos es una historia ...more
Arlene
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Two different people.
Two different dreams.

Wow! What an emotional rollacoster that was! I knew I wanted to dive into Drake Chambers and Emery White’s story when I got a glimpse of their turmoltuous relationship in After the Rain. There was a significant reveal in that book that something went horribly wrong with these two, so I immediately jumped into their novel Changing Forever, and I finished it too quickly! This book was filled with raw emotion, definite chemistry and h
Liriom
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 ⭐

La verdad es que despues de lo intenso que es "Cada vez que llueve", personalmente no me esperaba una historia similar.
Me ha gustado bastante y me ha encantado reencontrarme con Kate y Beau 😘.
Un relato bonito, con dramas probables que llevan a Drake y Emery por un camino donde les cuesta llegar a darse cuenta de cual es el adecuado para estar juntos (muy New Adult 😍).
Suzana
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the second installment in the Rain series ...
The first book is one of my favorites ...
I couldn't wait for this one to come out ...
Drake is a student and a football player, years before he lost his father, and now he has a mother a two sisters to take care of ...
Emery is also a student and Kate's roommate ... her mother left her when she was a little kid and now she is determent to succeed in life, and become nothing like her mother ...
I was little frustrated with the two of them, espec
Consuelo
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Nada que ver con Cada vez que llueve, no en tema , nada que ver en hacer sentir, en personajes, historia en si....parece que la autora sea otra...demasiadas expectativas
Blair
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it

I really liked this book.
The epilogue was beautiful !!
Moni
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Estaba deseando leer la segunda parte de Cada vez que llueve, pero me he llevado un pequeño chasco. Eso no significa que no me haya gustado. Es una bonita historia New Adult, con unos protagonistas que se hacen querer, pero me ha faltado la chispa o algo que lo haga destacar con respecto a otras historias de este género. Esto es lo malo de tener las expectativas muy altas... No lo puedo comparar con Cada vez que llueve, que es una historia que me hizo llorar muchísimo y me encantó. Aún así tres ...more
Anny
Más bien un 3'25-3'5. Me ha gustado y ha sido muy entretenido pero sí que es verdad que no ha superado al primer libro de la serie. Aunque eso sí, me han gustado muchísimo las referencias hacia este.
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 22, 2014 added it
Shelves: arcs
Review to come...

"I was given the opportunity to beta read for Lisa De Jong
JL
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads, 4-stars
With one decision, everything changes … forever.

I’ve been so excited to read CHANGING FOREVER when I found out that this is all about Drake and Emery. I wondered how the story would go since they seem to hate each other in the 1st book.

***Spoilers Ahead***

Two different people.
Two different dreams.

Emery White is a smart, straight forward, determined kind of girl and a stubborn woman who’s afraid to go out of her comfort zone. She’s too much attached to her past that she l
Alex
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book to spent some time with.
Melissa
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review can also be found on my blog: http://melissa-reads-books.blogspot.b...

“Two different people. Two different worlds. Two different dreams.”

A handsome guy and an ‘innocent’ girl. I’m a sucker for these kind of books.
I loved When It Rains (it’s one of my all-time favs), so I had quite some high expectations for this one. And I loved the idea of this stand-alone series. The characters in this book were amazing. I love Lisa’s way of describing things, people and feelings.

“If all I wanted
Nedyah
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emery ha tenido un pasado marcado por la marcha de su madre cuando apenas era una cría. Su padre ha sido todo lo que ha tenido y se ha esforzado al máximo por conseguir un buen expediente académico y ganarse así una beca para estudiar en la universidad, ya que de otro modo hubiera sido imposible forjarse el futuro que tiene en mente y que tanto desea. Emery es una chica con las ideas claras y sabe que debe centrarse al cien por cien en sus estudios para mantener la beca y lograr sus objetivos. E ...more
Reanell Tisdale
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, book-boyfriends
5 stars!

Lisa De Jong has done it once again... no Changing Forever is not as emotional as When It Rains, but come on it is hard to top that one. But with that being said, its still an emotional book. We are introduced to Emery who is Kate's roommate in college. (I loved that connection to Kate, Beau and Archer) She goes for a run her first day and ends up running into(literally) a very hot, shirtless guy(Drake Chambers). They banter back and forth for a little while and they go their separate wa
Erycka
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First let me say, I am a forever fan of Lisa's! Her writing is the kind that will wrap you in warm blanket and cuddle you until you're finished with her story...or in this case; Emery and Drake's story.

We first met Emery in After the Rain. She is Kate's college roommate. She's kind, loving, fun spirited, and a loyal friend. She also happens to be dating Drake. He is completely dreamy, a football star with a dark history.

Their relationship flourishes into something serious and because of this, th
A.E. Woodward
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
After I read, When it Rains, I became a Lisa De Jong fan. That book was so emotional and the storyline was unique and fabulous, but what really made me a fan was her writing. Lisa can write, period. She is able to string words together in such a beautiful way that I am able to lose myself in her story. Needless to say, I have been dying to read this book, and it didn't disappoint.

Emery and Drake's story is heartbreakingly beautiful. They will crawl their way into your heart and take you on an em
Carissa
Jun 24, 2014 rated it liked it
3 'Past, present and future' Stars

This was an enjoyable read. The main characters were fantastic and did not disappoint. The verbal sparring is what really peaked my interest.

Emery and Drake:

Emery, a take no shit, no nonsense person. She has her mind set on her goals and she isn't going to let anyone deter her from achieving it. Emery is strong and unique, with her fierce and spunky attitude.

Drake, the cocky football hottie, that struts his stuff like a peacock. Charming and outgoing, but, behin
Rubi
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-read-2015
Check out my full review over at Gone with the Words

This Rains series is made up of three companion novels & one novella; each book follows one of three friends. This second book gives us the story of Emery (Kate’s roommate from book 1) & Drake and is told in alternating POVs between these two main characters as they cross that familiar line from hate to love.
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
We like it big book blog
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Melanie’s 4-Star Review:

*ARC provided in exchange for an HONEST review*

They say the best things in life come when you least expect it. Well, in Changing Forever, that is exactly what Lisa De Jong presents to the protagonists and to her readers.

I first met Emery White in When It Rains and though her parts were minimal, I was already intrigued by her sharp wit; and with the way Lisa ended After It Rains, I knew that Emery had a wonderful story to tell us all. What surprised me most about her was
Bianca
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

“Two different people.

Two different dreams.”

This was my first read from this author, and definitely not my last. It can be read as a standalone. This beautiful, heartbreaking story was everything I love about a romance story. It was well written and my heart felt every single emotion.

“My heart is begging me to take a chance with the one person who hasn’t asked me for anything.”

Emery and Drake meet in college. Emery is a no n
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Changing Forever was another AMAZING story by Lisa DeJong…her stories make me feel such a range of emotions from love to hate and happiness to sadness. I laughed and cried and smiled and threw things.

Emery is a young girl from a humble single parent household, being raised by her father. She is a woman with a plan go to college, grad school, get a good job and support herself….nothing will get in her way.

Every day I tell myself I don’t want that right now, but maybe it’s because I haven’t found
  • Bound in Blue (Love Square, #3)
  • Alexia Eden (FairyTales Don't Exist, #1)
  • Every Changing Way (Sloan Brothers, #4)
  • Epiphany (Destined, #4)
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
  • Redeemed (Unlovable, #3)
  • Come to Me Softly (Closer to You, #2)
  • Beautiful Temptation (Beautiful, #2)
  • Unforgiven (Unbreakable, #3)
  • Ready for You (Ready, #3)
  • Tug (Irreparable, #3)
  • Jadeite (Jaded, #3.1)
  • Misguided Truths: Part One (Misjudged, #3)
  • Wrecked by You (Waiting for You, #3)
  • Finding Bliss (Bliss, #4)
  • Unveiled (Torn, #6)
  • Chasing Abby (Shattered Hearts, #6)
  • Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free, #2)

Rains (3 books)
  • When It Rains (Rains, #1)
  • Living with Regret (Rains, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be