Start by marking “Changing Forever (Rains, #2)” as Want to Read:
Changing Forever (Rains, #2)

Changing Forever

(Rains #2)

I’ve always let my past dictate my future, letting it paint a picture of exactly what I don’t want to be. Where I don’t want to end up.

Drake Chambers is as arrogant as I am stubborn. A college quarterback, a national star. I thought he was just another one of those guys … the type every girl should stay away from, but he’s carrying more than the weight of the football team
Published June 24th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Changing Forever, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lindsay Pretty sure it's an umbrella with a rain drop in the first one.…morePretty sure it's an umbrella with a rain drop in the first one. (less)

Start your review of Changing Forever (Rains, #2)
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3 stars!

I really enjoyed this book and it was a solid NA romance read until the 75% mark. After that I pretty much lost all interest in the story. While Changing Forever is book 2 in the Rain series it can be read as a standalone – this book focuses on Kate’s (from book 1) roommate Emery.

Character descriptions:

Emery: a straightforward, takes-no-shit kind of girl. She gave up a lot just to attend college and pursue her dreams and won’t let anyone or anything stop her from getting what she
Rag
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 Forever Stars

photo image_zpscb9cb4bf.jpg

Drake is the football quarterback. Football is the only thing he knows. Literally the.only.thing.that.he.knows.
Em is a small farm girl who feels like Collage is finally her Freedom. When she was going around campus to see around and look she bumps into Drake. It was kinda funny, they have this bickering between them. They "hated" each other at the beginning but you know what they say, The person that you hate is actually the person that you like.*wink*

“Two different people.
Dilinna
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
My kind of book but with a case of overexaggeration of situations, annoying hero that does not knw what he wants...i wanted to punch him alot of times! Alot of discrepancies with the same events that happened in After it rains and this one. I loved the heroine so much...she was totally my kind of girl...she really took alot from the hero though but gave him a hard time from time to time which was good. All in all i enjoyed it. Lovely epilogue!!
Patrycja
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Title: Changing Forever
Series: Rains (standalone book)
Author: Lisa De Jong
Release Date: June 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Changing Forever really surprised me. I expected something entirely different from what I got; I thought it would be more like When It Rains, previous book in Rains series, but it was not like it even teeny little bit. While Kat’s story was gut wrenching cry jerker, Drake and Emery’s journey was sweet, heartwarming college
Melody Cox
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a good book and I loved both the main characters until I reached the 75% mark and the twist was something I could have done without. I won't include any spoilers about this but the twist came close to wrecking the book for me but I did get over it the second time I read it.

If you haven't read the 'Rain Series' by Lisa De Jong you are truly missing out.
Arlene
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Two different people.
Two different dreams.

Wow! What an emotional rollacoster that was! I knew I wanted to dive into Drake Chambers and Emery White’s story when I got a glimpse of their turmoltuous relationship in After the Rain. There was a significant reveal in that book that something went horribly wrong with these two, so I immediately jumped into their novel Changing Forever, and I finished it too quickly! This book was filled with raw emotion, definite chemistry and
Suzana
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the second installment in the Rain series ...
The first book is one of my favorites ...
I couldn't wait for this one to come out ...
Drake is a student and a football player, years before he lost his father, and now he has a mother a two sisters to take care of ...
Emery is also a student and Kate's roommate ... her mother left her when she was a little kid and now she is determent to succeed in life, and become nothing like her mother ...
I was little frustrated with the two of them,
Eni
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it

I really liked this book.
The epilogue was beautiful !!
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 22, 2014 added it
Shelves: arcs
Review to come...

"I was given the opportunity to beta read for Lisa De Jong
JL
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads, 4-stars
With one decision, everything changes … forever.

I’ve been so excited to read CHANGING FOREVER when I found out that this is all about Drake and Emery. I wondered how the story would go since they seem to hate each other in the 1st book.

***Spoilers Ahead***

Two different people.
Two different dreams.

Emery White is a smart, straight forward, determined kind of girl and a stubborn woman who’s afraid to go out of her comfort zone. She’s too much attached to her past that she
Alex
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book to spent some time with.
Melissa
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review can also be found on my blog: http://melissa-reads-books.blogspot.b...

“Two different people. Two different worlds. Two different dreams.”

A handsome guy and an ‘innocent’ girl. I’m a sucker for these kind of books.
I loved When It Rains (it’s one of my all-time favs), so I had quite some high expectations for this one. And I loved the idea of this stand-alone series. The characters in this book were amazing. I love Lisa’s way of describing things, people and feelings.

“If all I wanted
Reanell Tisdale
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-boyfriends, arc
5 stars!

Lisa De Jong has done it once again... no Changing Forever is not as emotional as When It Rains, but come on it is hard to top that one. But with that being said, its still an emotional book. We are introduced to Emery who is Kate's roommate in college. (I loved that connection to Kate, Beau and Archer) She goes for a run her first day and ends up running into(literally) a very hot, shirtless guy(Drake Chambers). They banter back and forth for a little while and they go their separate
Erycka
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First let me say, I am a forever fan of Lisa's! Her writing is the kind that will wrap you in warm blanket and cuddle you until you're finished with her story...or in this case; Emery and Drake's story.

We first met Emery in After the Rain. She is Kate's college roommate. She's kind, loving, fun spirited, and a loyal friend. She also happens to be dating Drake. He is completely dreamy, a football star with a dark history.

Their relationship flourishes into something serious and because of this,
A.E. Woodward
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
After I read, When it Rains, I became a Lisa De Jong fan. That book was so emotional and the storyline was unique and fabulous, but what really made me a fan was her writing. Lisa can write, period. She is able to string words together in such a beautiful way that I am able to lose myself in her story. Needless to say, I have been dying to read this book, and it didn't disappoint.

Emery and Drake's story is heartbreakingly beautiful. They will crawl their way into your heart and take you on an
Carissa
Jun 24, 2014 rated it liked it
3 'Past, present and future' Stars

This was an enjoyable read. The main characters were fantastic and did not disappoint. The verbal sparring is what really peaked my interest.

Emery and Drake:

Emery, a take no shit, no nonsense person. She has her mind set on her goals and she isn't going to let anyone deter her from achieving it. Emery is strong and unique, with her fierce and spunky attitude.

Drake, the cocky football hottie, that struts his stuff like a peacock. Charming and outgoing, but,
Rubi
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-read-2015
Check out my full review over at Gone with the Words

This Rains series is made up of three companion novels & one novella; each book follows one of three friends. This second book gives us the story of Emery (Kate’s roommate from book 1) & Drake and is told in alternating POVs between these two main characters as they cross that familiar line from hate to love.
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
We like it big book blog
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Melanie’s 4-Star Review:

*ARC provided in exchange for an HONEST review*

They say the best things in life come when you least expect it. Well, in Changing Forever, that is exactly what Lisa De Jong presents to the protagonists and to her readers.

I first met Emery White in When It Rains and though her parts were minimal, I was already intrigued by her sharp wit; and with the way Lisa ended After It Rains, I knew that Emery had a wonderful story to tell us all. What surprised me most about her was
Bianca
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

“Two different people.

Two different dreams.”

This was my first read from this author, and definitely not my last. It can be read as a standalone. This beautiful, heartbreaking story was everything I love about a romance story. It was well written and my heart felt every single emotion.

“My heart is begging me to take a chance with the one person who hasn’t asked me for anything.”

Emery and Drake meet in college. Emery is a no
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Changing Forever was another AMAZING story by Lisa DeJong…her stories make me feel such a range of emotions from love to hate and happiness to sadness. I laughed and cried and smiled and threw things.

Emery is a young girl from a humble single parent household, being raised by her father. She is a woman with a plan go to college, grad school, get a good job and support herself….nothing will get in her way.

Every day I tell myself I don’t want that right now, but maybe it’s because I haven’t found
Vicci Kaighan
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this Arc in exchange for an honest review
Wow what can I say about this book that hasn't already been said ..... I fell in love with lisa de jong's writing after reading "When it rains." Ive never ugly cried so much in my life, it was heartbreakingly beautiful the way it was written it made you home in on every emotion you have , and this was no different, although it never made me ugly cry......it took me on an emotional journey, the character's are beautiful and both headstrong,
Athena
May 07, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This was a good story, but it didn't have that emotional feeling that "When it Rains" had. I feel really bad saying this, but I kind of found myself getting a bit bored at times.
Bored photo: Buffy - Bored tumblr_m2hshxap1N1qhzswzo1_r1_400_zps7349c008.gif

All and all it wasn't a bad read it just wasn't my favorite book by this author, but I'm still a fan of her work and will be looking forward to reading her next book.

Melissa
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sequel-for-2014
I give this book 5 beautiful stars. I won an ARC and am so happy I got the chance to read it! I completely loved this book just as much as I loved when it rains. I devoured this book in a day. The story was beautiful and just tugs at your heart. I felt for Emery and Drake all throughout the book. I had a love hate thing going on for drake with the actions he made but in the end I still ended up loving him completely. This was a great read and has me super excited for the next book in the ...more
Mai omar
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
This one wasn't like what I expected. I mean after book 1, and the emotional roller coaster I rod, I expected this to be better, but nop. Halfway through it turned stupid. And the coming back together part was too rushed and not sensual. Ending okayish. Overall 2 are more than enough for this one. Book 1 set the bar way too high ...more
Tabitha Wilson
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I had the opportunity to read an ARC copy and I'm so glad I won it! This book has become one of my favorites and I find myself going back to read it over and over again, which is something I dont normally do.
Kristen
Feb 19, 2014 marked it as to-read
Who is emery?!!!!! The first book seriously broke me how can I read more?!
Tracy Perry
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG.. I just loved this book!! So emotional & heartfelt , I shed so many tears... It's a TBR for sure!! : )
Macarena
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! These books are amazing! Time to read Rachel's story!
None
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on BookishMinimalist

4 Stars!

Changing Forever is the second companion novel in the Rainseries by Lisa De Jong. The first book in this series, When it Rains, is probably my favorite New Adult book that I've read. It was such an emotional and beautiful read. Having loved the first book so much, I went into this book hoping that it would live up to my expectations.

This book is about Kat's roommate, Emery, and her unexpected relationship with the hot football player, Drake
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Como te veo yo
  • El día que dejó de nevar en Alaska
  • Más que un verano Parte 2 (Una estación contigo, #1.5)
  • Desafiando las normas  (Cruzando los límites, #3)
  • Más que un verano Parte 1 (Una estación contigo, #1)
  • Todo lo que somos juntos (Deja que ocurra, #2)
  • Mi mundo en tus ojos
  • Todo lo que nunca fuimos (Deja que ocurra, #1)
  • La probabilidad del unicornio
  • Tan solo un segundo
  • Tú y otros desastres naturales
  • Hasta que el viento te devuelva la sonrisa
  • Within These Walls (Walls, #1)
  • El club de los eternos 27
  • Las dudas de Alexia (Alexia, #2)
  • Los secretos de Alexia (Alexia, #1)
  • Saltaré las olas
  • 13 Locuras que regalarte (Volver a ti #3)

Rains (3 books)
  • When It Rains (Rains, #1)
  • Living with Regret (Rains, #3)
“Trust. It happens easily, but it can be broken even easier.” 0 likes