Start by marking “Walking Shadow (Darkworld, #2)” as Want to Read:
Walking Shadow (Darkworld, #2)

Walking Shadow

(Darkworld #2)

When you have a connection to the Darkworld, nowhere is truly safe.

Ashlyn has found a new home in Blackstone, but when a spate of grave robberies across the country spark fears that someone is practicing illegal sorcery, she comes under the radar of the Venantium, the protectors of the Barrier between her world and the Darkworld, who are suspicious of any sorcerer unaware
Published December 1st 2014 by Curiosity Quills Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Walking Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walking Shadow

Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Continuing the Darkworld series with Walking Shadow.

Life isn't any safer for Ash now that she has found out that she can see into the Darkworld and can see demons, who, for some reason or another, seem to be really interested in attacking her. Together with her friends she has to endure more adventures at the Blackstone University.

It was easy to continue the series, it was only a week or so after the first book. Luckily for me, there wa
Lola
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Walking Shadow is a fast paced and fun book. It had been a while since I read the first book in this series, but there was enough recap to remind me what happened nad get em back into the story again. There's some mystery plot going on, there are multiple things, but it felt like one plot. One thing I missed was the opportunity for side plots Everything seems connected and even though it doesn't make sense at first it seemed part of the same thi
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What I Thought of Walking Shadow:

Love. Just utter love for this series! It has everything I could every want and is so addicting. I am counting the days and hours to the release...seriously.

I loved where Walking Shadow took us in the series. There were so many changes, additions and revalations, not to mention -action, magic, maybe some love and a mysterious fortune teller!

After the finish of Darkness Watching, I was completely amped to see where the story went. I was worried for some character
Lexa Cain
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, reviewed
I was so pleased to get Ash’s second adventure, especially when I discovered it was just as exciting as the first. In addition to all the great details about Darkworld, demons, and Ash’s rare birthright and powers that the author brought to life in the first book, there are even more mysteries and dangers in this new book.

The Venators come under fire when one of their number goes rogue. But they won’t admit it and suspect Ash and her companions, who remain outsiders of official Venator ranks. N
Diane
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a complimentary copy to read and review. Another great installment of the DarkWorld series. I couldn’t put it down. Great characters and love the world that has been created. Great twists and turns that will keep readers turning the page. Readers who love YA urban fantasy will want to read to add it and the rest of the books in the series to their TBR list. I look forward to reading more of Emma’s books.
old account (rl)
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wish I could sit here and rave & rave about this story, but if we're being honest then I'd have to admit I have very little to say about this story. Ashlyn was a good protagonist, just as she was in the previous book. I love that she's a realistic blend of 'relatable book-loving student' and 'I have powers, I can kick some demons' butts if I want to'. She's not the most kickass fantasy protagonist, but she doesn't need to be. She has her friends, her team, and together they have enough mag ...more
Jennifer Turner
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Walking Shadow

U enjoyed the second as much as the first and will be starting the third tonight. The characters are well developed and grow. The story is a bit different but a fun page turner.
Dave T
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good second book.

This followed in the same style as the first being a fairly steady story with some moderate highs and lows in action but not really nail biting. Very enjoyable.
Alarna Martin
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good. It was funny. :)
Nay Denise
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
I received a copy for review from the publishing company.

Walking Shadow was an awesome sequel and it's name was so true. I thoroughly enjoyed the new characters, the new paranormal beings and all the drama that ensued. Emma Adams is simply brilliant in her writing. Excited to read the rest of the series!

Ashlyn was much more bold in this sequel. She did manage to come out of her shell and become assertive. She learned way more than she wanted about who and what she is. She found out who she was d
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I very much enjoyed reading this sequel to Darkness Watching. I found Ashlyn easy to continue relating to and it was nice to see her interacting with her friends... though I could definitely understand how hard it must have been to juggle her two separate lives.

I felt a bit sorry for Conrad, even though I did think he was acting a bit like a stalker. I felt a bit sorry for Ash to have to try and dea
Harini Padmanabhan
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I was hooked to this series after reading the first book. The setting was Gothic, urban and just plain captivating.

In the second book, ash has figured out a few things and is trying to lead a normal life. But things aren't that simple when you're part demon and it can only get complicated when a doppelganger is seen haunting the place. The secret society does some more things together and everyone has a larger role to play in this book compared to the last. Or maybe the characters evolved enoug
John Harris
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I tried, I really tried but could not get further than half way, after putting it down time after time.
I bought these 5 books basd on The Changeling, Celestial Magic (favourite), The Thief’s Talisman. I had a similar issue with The Legacy Flame series but am enjoying The Gatekeepers’s Curse.
I did not check the published dates of these books but think they must some of Emma’s earlier works.
I will pick it up again in a month or two but then Celestial Magic 4 will take precedent
Finally finshed it
M.
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: novel
I enjoyed the second novel in the series - especially toward the end when the pace really picked up and I just couldn't stop turning the pages, eager to discover all the secrets! The added characters were fresh and fun, the old ones continued to develop perfectly, and I found myself loving the main character, Ash, more and more.

Highly recommended if you've read the first one in the Darkworld series!
Bree Vanderland
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still On My Toes

I started this series last week and I've just finished the second book. This book series has kept me on the edge of my seat. Cannot wait to start the third book!
Wicked
Apr 23, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Oddly Normal, Book 2
  • Sword of Lies
  • Rise of the Chosen (Lifeblood, #1)
  • Heroes or Thieves (Steps of Power #2; The Kings #2)
  • Flashback: Siren Song (Yancy Lazarus #2.5)
  • Poet Anderson: The Dream Walker
  • Emma and the Banderwigh (Tales of Widowswood, #1)
  • Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Three
  • Once In A Lifetime (FairyTale Boxed Set)
  • Darkness Rising (Legends of Marithia, #2)
  • Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Wild Card (Series Omnibus, Signed Limited Edition)
  • Jim Butcher's Dresden Files: War Cry #1
  • The Complete Alice In Wonderland
  • Hilda - Snow White Revisited (Hilda the Wicked Witch #2)
  • Word Puppets
  • The Heartless City (The Gold and Gaslight Chronicles #1)
  • Greeth
  • The Dreadful Fate of Jonathan York: A Yarn for the Strange at Heart
I'm Emma, a NYT & USA Today bestselling author, book-hoarder, gamer, and restless dreamer. I write dark fantasy novels, including the Changeling Chronicles, the Legacy of Flames series and the Thief's Talisman trilogy.

*Note: I am not a professional reviewer and I use Goodreads only to record my reading progress. Please don't send me unsolicited review requests.*

Darkworld (5 books)
  • Darkness Watching (Darkworld, #1)
  • Demon Heart (Darkworld, #3)
  • Souls Forsaken (Darkworld, #4)
  • Darkness Falling (Darkworld, #5)