Start by marking “A Collar for Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Collar for Christmas

A Collar for Christmas

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
For actor Liam, anxiety and panic attacks are old friends, but they only get worse the more famous he gets. Nothing has ever worked to help him control the anxiety until his costar, Aaron, introduces him to bondage. Too bad Liam develops feelings for Aaron and ruins the only solution he's ever found for his neuroses.

Aaron only wants to keep history from repeating itself. H
Published December 23rd 2013 by Loose-ID

To ask other readers questions about A Collar for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Collar for Christmas

Catherine
This was easily a 4 star read for me, and very nearly a 4.5.

One word: COMMUNICATION. These two couldn't manage it to save their lives during the first third of the book and it drove me bonkers. I just wanted to scream "USE YOUR WORDS!" at both of them. In fact, the lack of communication (along with a 10 month long "strictly platonic" BDSM relationship that I found stretched my suspension of disbelief to its limits) nearly made me give up on this one.

But boy am I glad that I didn't! As soon as
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This is a case of everyone-liked-it-but-me, so feel free to take this review with a grain of salt.

I found this novella to be boring and muddled.

The MCs are actors, but they could be in any profession. There is no sense of acting: the pressure, the passion, the relentless hours, the demands on personal time. We are told publicity stresses Liam out, but we don't see it.

Light BDSM is used as a sort of cure-all for Liam's anxiety, which no. Just no. Binding is not a substitute for medical attenti
Gigi
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-bdsm
This ended up being the book I read on the plane to Hawaii. I liked it! Very hot. Review after my vacation.
Joyfully Jay
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crissy
This review was originally written for Joyfully Jay Reviews.

5 stars

I’ll go ahead and tell you right now. You should definitely read this book. Not only is it a great story, but it’s so damn sexy. I have been waiting to read this book since the first time I saw it in Loose Id’s Coming Soon list. Maybe it was the cover by Fiona Jayde, which is totally gorgeous by the way. Maybe it was the fact that it was a Christmas story, because I’m a total sucker for Christmas stories. Maybe it was because it
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Angst, angst, anxiety, angst, anxiety, and then more angst. If you don’t like angst, don’t read this story, but if you do, or can at least tolerate it, you’ll enjoy this story immensely.

Liam, a successful actor in a long term television series is in reality a very emotional, anxiety-filled young man. He suffers debilitating panic attacks when he has to deal with stressful situations related to his profession – meeting fans, dealing with the press, etc. Since these are daily conflicts for an act
Anke
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Several unsuccessful tries to start reading, but finally I got into it and liked it. Perhaps overall there were too much thoughts and inner musings and I would have liked to know why Liam had this anxiety and panic attacks in the first place. A little more background, also for Aaron, would have been nice.
Jessica
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Had a hard time connecting with these guys. I didn't like that they were pretty much separate until around the 60% mark. Felt really drawn out. The end when they were finally together definitely helped make up for the first half of the book though. I loved the idea of the book and think it could've just used some tweaking.
Serena Yates
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, bdsm-and-d-s, holiday
BDSM without sex is not something I have come across often, but the beginning of this book is just that: actor Aaron uses scenes, pure bondage initially, to take costar Liam out of his head when he has a panic attack. Liam needs to feel safe and being tied up and guarded in Aaron's arms does just that for him. Both men insist there is only friendship between them, and both believe this to be the truth initially. But things change, at least for Liam, and his need to let Aaron know that he wants m ...more
Barbara Ingram
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5

Review:

****4 I want to Collar Liam Stars****

This is my first book by author A.E. Lawless and I wasn’t sure I would like it after the Prologue which showcases Aaron “restraining” Liam to bring a severe anxiety/panic attack under control and then the story skips 10 m
Angela Goodrich
I absolutely loved A Collar for Christmas. It’s an odd thing to say about a BDSM romance, but it was an unbelievably sweet story and one I can see myself reading many, many times again. Ms. Lawless created an extremely powerful Prologue that served to illustrate the devastating effect that Liam’s panic attacks had on him, while at the same time showed where his relationship with Aaron started. While momentarily awkward when the book jumps ten months forward with the first chapter, Liam’s reactio ...more
Dawn Smith
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. My male/ male BDSM cherry has figuratively been popped with this book . Trust me when I tell you that the experience was thoroughly enjoyable. A Collar for Christmas is one of the sexiest books that I have read in a long time and the plot had a very unique twist to it.

Liam and Aaron are actors and co stars. They’re both young and incredibly sexy. Their Hollywood stars on the rise. The only problem is- Liam suffers fr
Caroline Brand
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

If you are a fan of an angst driven novel then this little treasure may well be for you!

Liam has suffered with his anxiety and debilitating panic attacks for years. Therapy hasn’t cured him and now that he is starring in a TV drama he finds himself crippled some days with overwhelming fear. It is in the midst of one of these panic attacks, that has left him sobbing and shaking on the floor of his trailer, that his best friend and co-star Aaron finds him.

As Aaron t
Crystal Marie
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Paws!

I have read the authors other book, A Perfect Solution, and I did enjoy that one. However with this book? Oh my gosh this book was AM-AZ-ING!! I couldn’t put it down once I had started it.
One thing that I do absolutely love about the book is it’s not about the sex. With a lot of the BDSM books out there, they are all about that when it comes to the characters. With this authors? It’s about the characters and their relationships with each other.
In this book we got to see the emotional
Shirley Frances
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Liam’s anxiety has taking a turn for the worse and he’s thankful that his friend, Aaron is there to help him every step of the way. However, the time spent together, Aaron’s caring nature and Liam’s sense of security in his care led Liam to want something more from their arrangement. Frustrated by the situation he finds himself in, Liam decides to gather his courage and approach Aaron about wanting more.

Sadly, the outcome is not what he expected. Accepting that he can’t continue with the situati
Gay Media Review
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
***Actual 4.5 Rating
This BDSM novel A Collar for Christmas by A.E. Lawless!

Liam is an actor who suffers from anxiety and panic attacks and this gets worse for him the more famous he becomes. His co-star Aaron shows him the BDSM life and it helps deter his anxiety issues but Liam starts falling for him and that could end his only solution for his issues. Aaron has already lost one co-star to spinning out of control issues and he vows that this won't happen to Liam at any cost. Aaron will enter i
Rebecca Edwards
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I Received An ARC Of This Book In Exchange For My Honest Review!

This is the first book I've read by A.E. Lawless and a great way to be introduced to this author. The prologue was a bit hard for me to get into at first. I actually had to go into my room where there were no distractions or noise so that I could start this book. Once I got past the prologue though I was hooked on this story and Liam and Aaron.

Liam struggles with anxiety and panic attacks. Aaron who is his best friend and co-star is
Victoria Rainey
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romancebookworm
I liked this book a lot more than I thought I would, from the blurb the book came across as stereotypical. However, after reading the book it was not that in the least. Liam struggles with panic attacks, anxiety not from his job as an actor but it seems the fame, and the expectations that come with the fame drive it. Liam is an extremely likeable character. He is well aware of his issues and tries his best to work on them. It also seems that Liam has issues one type or another most of his life. ...more
Cindy Sutherland
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Review written for The Blog of Sid Love

Liam is an actor but instead of the usual swagger and confidence, he suffers from debilitating anxiety attacks that leave him unable to do anything. The author writes his emotions and fear quite well and I felt an immediate connection to the poor man.

Aaron is someone who seems to understand from the start what Liam needs when everything overwhelms him and they enter into a non-sexual relationship to help him control that. I had a hard time connecting to Aar
Anna
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Liam is an actor in a successful TV series who struggles with anxiety and panic attacks. HIs fellow co-star and friend Aaron has found a way to help him deal with the attacks using non-sexual forms of bondage and submission techniques. Liam wants this arrangement they have had to turn into something sexual, but is afraid to lose the friendship with Aaron that he has relied on to help him through his tough times. What he really wants is to belong to Aaron completely. Liam gets to a point where no ...more
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
(ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review)

A collar for Christmas is my first M/M read. I’ve read plenty of M/M/F but not one specifically M/M.

I loved this book. Liam is a very successful actor who struggles with anxiety. Strange for an actor huh? You can’t help but fall in love with Liam and want to just protect him from everything.

Aaron is Liam’s co-star and best friend. He helps Liam with his anxiety and convinces himself he’s only doing it to stop history from repeating itsel
mah1
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
I swear one of these days I'll manage a more than two star review.

A Collar for Christmas is one of those books where BDSM is used in context of helping one MC cope with an emotional problem, in this case anxiety, but where this one stands different from all other similar stories, is that our MC has seeked professional help as well, so that his Dom isn't acting as his shrink. Still, I know this trope will tick some people off, but in this case it didn't bother me.

Over all A Collar for Christmas
Kristie
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought I was finished with the holiday type books. That was until I read the blurb...

While this is a holiday story, the holiday was not really in your face. I loved that. What I also loved was the whole story. It's not smutty, but sweet. Liam is adorable and as he works his way through his anxiety issues, his feelings for Aaron, and the realization of how strong he is. I fell in love with him more and more as I read on. While I would have liked to know what was going on in Aaron's head, I was
Christina
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I gotta say I am A Big fan of M/M books, I liked the book, the story to me was at a slower pace than I am used to but It was a short sweet sexy read.. I loved how Aaron helped Liam through his anxiety and panic attacks, Personally for me I would have never thought of doing BDSM to control the Anxiety and Panic Attacks..I go through them from time to time.. but now it makes me want to try it! LOL . Aaron is hot and I loved this line from him.."I'M GOING TO MAKE A COMPLETE MESS OF YOU. TOTALLY RUI ...more
Xhex87
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, beta-reading
HOTT HOTT and HOTT!!!
My stomach was in knots through must of this book. Liam wants so desperately for the relationship with his friend Aaron to more, but will Aaron be welling to take that leap?
Finally when Liam decides to take the plunge and ask for what he wants....read the book to find out how their story unfolds.
Zane Kage
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5
I liked these two, but felt there was not enough character development. Wanted to understand them more - the way they were relating to bondage didn't really make sense at first, though it does become more clear by the end of the book. The 3.5 rounded to 4 is due to the bdsm scenes and the HOT HOT HOT sex toward the end of the book.
Rachel Emily
I really loved this. Angsty, yes...heck yes, but I really loved the characters. I also liked the secondary characters, Liam's and Aaron's costars, and I just loved Liam's family. Really enjoyed this Christmas story and loovvvved the ending!
Lilladii
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Surprisingly liked this book. I usually don't like books with any sort of bdsm in it. 3.99 stars.
Amy
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2read2, m-m

3.5/5 stars
Katy Beth Mckee
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting play between Lian and Aaron as well as Liam with himself. Letting go instead turned out to be gain.
Feliz