Start by marking “Revolutionary (Anomaly, #3)” as Want to Read:
Revolutionary (Anomaly, #3)

Revolutionary

(Anomaly #3)

All her life Thalli thought she was an anomaly. Now she must use her gifts to fulfill the role she was called to play: Revolutionary.

Back in the underground State against her will, Thalli is no longer the anomaly she was before. She has proven herself to be a powerful leader aboveground and returns with information that Dr. Loudin needs to complete his plan of uniting the
Published July 15th 2014 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Revolutionary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revolutionary

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Back in the hands of the State, Thalli is caught in a horrible game of power—with consequences reaching further than she ever imagined.
After several months aboveground, Thalli had almost forgotten what living in the State was like. Programmed to be without emotions or curiosity, she was always an anomaly there. Too emotional. Too curious. Citizens of the State should behave exactly the way the Scientists designed them to behave: work in their assigned fields, maintain productiv
Alyssa
Wow! An excellent end to Thalli's story! Full review to come after I recover from all the feels!
Addy S.
alright y'all. this book left me gasping for air! scratch that, the entire trilogy did. XD i loved these books so so much. thalli and burk are the sweetest characters ever; not to mention alex and rhen and dallas and oh, everyone else. despite dr. loudin though. man oh man, he was so evil i felt like screaming at some parts. well then, before i rant, here is the content rundown:

-Language: n/a
-Romance: quite a few kisses, hand-holding, hands-in-hair, hugging/holding, etc. [all clean, but definite
Olivia
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's over....I'm broken....feels guys feels....halp...BEST.TRILOGY.EVER...

rating: clean
Shantelle
Revolutionary was really a great ending to the series! I didn't get to know that characters as well as I wanted to, but overall, the ANOMALY series is an interesting, exciting, and thought-provoking trilogy! I was satisfied with how everything turned out ... just wanted to see more!! Lots of characters die - as with most dystopian stories; but there were truly profound conversations and relationships. Good job, Krista McGee! Dystopian fans, check it out!
Libby May
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rtc
I can't.

RTC sometime in the next year.
Dec 24, 2015 rated it liked it
If I had to describe this book in one word, it would be "dramatic". Oh! the drama! Pure solid drama after drama! I need a break!!! Please hand me something fluffy!
Oceana
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, this book went on and on and it was so unnecessary. I am not thrilled with how it ended and who was killed off.
Kara
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it

My Comments
I jumped at the chance to review this book, I was eager to know the conclusion of Thalli’s journey and what happened to everyone around her. This book can easily be described as the most anticipated read for me of 2014. It was not the conclusion I hoped it would be.

My favorite character in the story was Dr. Turner. Wow, he had a complete change of heart and becomes the ally desperately needed for Thalli and her friends. He is John’s son and finally sees through Dr. Loudin in this book
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
I wish I could give this book a 5-star rating. It's not often you run across a dystopian series with such a focus on God. I loved that aspect.

But honestly, I've read better books. The plot was good overall, but it just didn't reach quite far enough. There were a lot of things that happened because something else had to happen. For example, Thalli runs away and is in a stairwell when the lights go out. She's just running. Not to anywhere, just away from where she was. She has no real direction or
Natalie
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I will admit to being somewhat lost at first as it has been well over a year since I read book 2. However, there were enough references to the prior books to help me fill in the missing pieces.

The villain was quite intimidating, which made the book pretty exciting to read.

I was somewhat dissatisfied with the ending though, and I wasn’t really happy with who Thalli chose in the love triangle, but overall this book and the trilogy were pretty good.

3.5, rounded up to 4
Melanie
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, kindle
Review on my blog (to be posted 7/8): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Now that I've finished Revolutionary, book three in the "Anomaly" trilogy, I can say that I've loved the entire series and Revolutionary was such a great conclusion! I've read some dystopian trilogies where the last book was kind of disappointing and my least favorite of the series - not so with this one...in fact, Revolutionary is my favorite!

I absolutely loved how the story grabbed my attention right away and didn't
Jamie
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This was one of those books that has been in my TBR since its release date last summer. Life of a reader no? The only fault was my own though, but I made it a priority this summer and am happy I got to dive back into the series!

I thought there was a lot of non stop action and it worked perfectly for the story, and not only the suspense, but the right amount of surprises to keep you turning the pages - just what’s needed for a dystopian novel.

I liked how McGee weaves faith into a dystopian novel,
Melanie Kilsby
Speechless...

Literally! Speechless.

I wasn't expecting the way it turned out. Maybe, because I didn't want it to go that way. Maybe, because I wanted Thalli to do more. I was so shocked with some of the things we learned about. I love the fact that Krista thinks so differently than I do. It makes for suspenseful reading!

I was so happy to be back in the State with a plot full of twists and turns... and love triangles that I wasn't expecting. I didn't totally 'love' that aspect of the book and cou
Rachel'sbookishworld
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! The last book was the best. I loved the way the story was resolved in the the end ( although it made me tear up). Thaili grew and changed as a character and I thought the way the author handled the Berk/Alex thing was great (how loudin was trying to make the other jealous etc) the author does a great job of making Loudin EVIL. And also I think it's cool that she finds out that (spoilers removed) are her parents. Loved all in all.
Read it or Leave it Blog
This book was just as face paced as the previous two in the series. I enjoyed getting to read more about these characters. I would have liked for Thalli to have had a stronger faith in this book, since I thought she got past her questioning in the previous books. The love triangle sort of threw me off. Thalli couldn’t make up her mind and she kept going back and forth between both guys. I loved that Berk was in this book more. Team Berk!! He was sweet as always and I enjoyed getting to read more ...more
Felicia
Phew that was a roller coaster! Probably one of the best finales in a YA trilogy that I've read in awhile. I really did not know how they were going get out of that mess. The villain was properly terrifying; the resolution with him that I thought might happen didn't end up happening and that made me kind of sad. The character growth was awesome. And geez the stakes were high. I was ripping through, I had to know what happened next.
Amber
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A magnificently bone-chilling and thrillingly captivating end to an immensely entertaining trilogy! This story has everything in it, and I enjoyed losing myself in its thick shroud of mystery loaded with more twists and turns than I could count. An achingly sweet romance sprinkled generously throughout this wildly enthralling read acted as the icing to this delectable treat! The action was non-stop, and the suspense was enough to keep you completely entranced by the complexly heartbreaking story ...more
Dawn
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Thalli and her friends are back in the State. After having escaped and enjoyed the freedom of New Hope, they find themselves once again at the mercy of the Scientists, particularly Dr. Loudin. Determined to find a way to stop Loudin from destroying the world for a second time, Thalli learns that she must depend upon the Designer in ways she'd not thought possible especially in light of some very startling discoveries. But as she struggles to come to grips with this new information, she is faced ...more
Sara Ella
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Revolutionary wraps up the Anomaly trilogy with a "splash"! Dr. Loudin is set on destroying everyone and everything outside the State. Only Thalli and her friends can stop him. They must risk their lives and stand up to Loudin before everyone they love is gone.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the subtle love triangle with Thalli, Alex and Berk. It wasn't forced or overdone. A good love-triangle is hard to pull off and Krista McGee executed hers perfectly. I liked that book 3 had a little more
Hayden
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've been quite anxious to wrap up the Anomaly series - the books being a surprise hit for me- and while it took me a little while to get into Revolutionary, I did like it. Once it got going, I couldn't put the story down.

I do admit that at the beginning the first person/present tense writing did bother me. Again. this isn't my favorite style in general, but I was okay with it in the previous books in this series. It just felt a little clunky here, although it definitely improved as the story we
Brittany
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good! I was absolutely mesmerized by this story, drawn into its grasp, and unable to rest until I discovered the conclusion. T his book far exceeds the second book in this series. I loved that the main focus of this story wasn't "who is Thalli going to fall in love with". That was included, but not in an overbearing way. One cannot help but observe the similarities between this series and "The Hunger Games", (Although much less so in this book ) and I can honestly say that I pref ...more
Rebecca (whenallotherlightsgoout)
August 2014

Definitely my favorite of the series. Quite a smashing finish! It was way more intense than I thought it was going to be! I loved the theme of relying on God even when it seems like He is not listening. Thalli has really grown since the first book.
Ember
"And the music never ends." That's my absolute favorite last line of a book ever.
Lizzie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Huh. For some reason it didn't count towards my reading challenge so I had to mark it as currently reading and then read.
Rachel Marie
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a stunning conclusion. There have been very few series' conclusions that I thought were as perfect as this one, all this considered. It was captivating all the way through, and I think the ending was ideal for this situation.

Thalli and her friends have been taken by the evil Dr. Loudin, back to the State. And with each passing day, they realize just how twisted and evil his plans really are. And it's up to them to stop him.

From the beginning, this book was captivating. I was so hooked by w
Jill
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
There were four main areas of this book I noted and would like to review, starting with the cons and moving onto what I admired.

The reading level of this book I found to be rather basic. This could be a purposeful technique to create a scientific tone, but as I prefer reading classics I'm more accustomed to higher level vocabulary and sentence structure. Although this was not a major problem it took a certain amount of getting used to and slightly diminished my appreciation for the literature.
Carlye
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
You all know the feeling when there's a love triangle and your favourite character gets together with the character that you hate the most. Then your other favourite character is pushed aside and left to watch and happy couple and all you want to do is scream at the author. Well, Krista McGee has left me emotionally unstable.

I was let down in the first book with Stone and in the second book my spirits were lifted with the entrance of Alex. Mainly because I hated the idea of Berk and Thalli toget
Ella J.
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I went through a bit of an emotional journey with this conclusion to the "Anomaly Trilogy." If there is one thing that I could say about this series is that it is not predictable. "Revolutionary," was full of so many twists and turns that literally kept me guessing until the very end.

I more fully connected with the characters in this last book. They seemed more real and relatable to me, than they had previously. Sadly one of my favorite characters died ( not going to spoil who it is). Des
Carly LaBelle
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Very solid trilogy! Overall I’d give it 3.5 ⭐I did not know going in that Krista was religious (Christian I believe) and the that book would center around the teaching of the Designer of God. I am not religious so therefore I feel I was a little bit hesitant to continue after the first book but I could it was not preachy or overbearing to the point where it outweighed the story. There is a love triangle which is a trope that I will admit that I love. I enjoyed the characters and found the villai ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Perimeter (Outside, #3)
  • Sun Damage (Sunshine, #3)
  • Burned (Crushed #2)
  • A Date of Godlike Proportions (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2.5)
  • When I’m With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #3)
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • Somewhere Only We Know
  • Mutilate My Heart (Mutilated, #1)
  • 42 Hours (Time for Love, #3)
  • The Shield Prophecy (The Sacred Guardians, #3)
  • Taking Angels
  • Anywhere
  • Spellweaver (The Spellweaver Chronicles, #1)
  • A Safe Space (Someone Else's Fairytale, #3.5)
  • Tore: Divided Love (Torn Love, #2)
  • Heart Shaped Rock
  • Wide Open (Wide Awake, #2)
  • Carnival (Carnival #1)
Krista writes for teens, teaches teens, and more often than not, acts like a teen. She and her family have lived and ministered in Texas, Costa Rica, and Spain. Her current hometown is Tampa, FL.

Anomaly (3 books)