Start by marking “The Battle for Arcanon Major (The Lost Dacomé Files #1)” as Want to Read:
The Battle for Arcanon Major (The Lost Dacomé Files #1)

The Battle for Arcanon Major

(The Lost Dacomé Files #1)

“What if the only love you ever wanted was with the only man you couldn’t have?"

With only a small army at her command Halíka Dacomé, a skilled warrior and daughter of the Elemental King, is ready to lead one final battle to save her planet. A battle against the savage, bloodthirsty Primords who want to extinguish the diminished race of Elementals once and for all.

But
Published (first published January 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Battle for Arcanon Major, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Battle for Arcanon Major

Start your review of The Battle for Arcanon Major (The Lost Dacomé Files #1)
Arra Abella
Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
For starters, I actually didn't know that it was a prequel. That was a fault on my part for not reading the description thoroughly which only means one thing, I do not know anything about the Elementals. There is a danger for reading prequels before the main novel. You could get lost trying to follow the plot, you could feel the story is flat, or you could keep up because it's an entirely different thing. As for me, I just dived into the story.

You can easily adapt and digest the story as you go
Dianne
THE BATTLE FOR ARCANON MAJOR lays the background and history for Alexandra May's ELEMENTAL: THE FIRST, book 1 in the Primord Series. As an action-packed, fast-paced, prequel, it tells of Halíka Dacomé and Nerído Xipilé in their true forms and you learn about their love story from the beginning.

Halíka Dacomé is a warrior princess who possesses powers to heal, mindspeak, and draw upon the earth in battle. Her prowess as a leader and soldier have led her people to victories over and over. Although
Charlotte  Black
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another book I championed last year was Elemental: The First. I was eagerly awaiting the sequel and surprised when Alexandra May decided to publish another book first. I can't wait for the sequel but when this came up at Net Galley I was intrigued.

And I read it in about 4 hours straight. It comes right into the story, at a crunch time and then just as you think you know how it's going to pan out, everything changes! The ending is one of the saddest I've read in a long time, and I'm very glad
Michael Long
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book follows Halika Dacome, the leader of the army and the daughter of the king. Her people once ruled their planet but now they are almost extinct and are fighting to save the one last city (Arcanon Major) from their enemies. She saves her people from the threat but is ultimately betrayed.

What I liked about this novel was while much of the novel had an alien feel, you could really get inside of Halika's feelings and thoughts. She was torn between loyalty to her father, and saving her
Amber
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Battle for Arcanon Major by Alexandra May is a beautifully heart-breaking story of unwavering devotion, mind-blowing deception, and incalculable loss. This story will have your heart pounding in anticipation of a tiny sliver of hope and then watch in disbelief as it is bluntly ripped from your chest and thrown mercilessly to the ground. I loved every second of this amazing ride!

The exquisite way in which this story was written almost brought me to tears at times. The mesmerizing characters will
JoAnn
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Lost Dacoma Files is a book that, once you start to read it, will take you on an amazing journey in the life of Halika Dacome - in the 71st Dynasty of Capiok Dacome - Ruler of Xiryathan.

Hmmm, am I taking you into the future or the past? Interesting question that I'll allow you to answer for yourself when you read this captivating story.

Though Halika is the daughter of a King, at the age of 16, she becomes a warrior in a world of ongoing war. She is given the role of Legion Overlord which
Bailee
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I've always been wary of prequels to books, mostly because they can either frustrate your desire to read more of the books or excite you to love the characters more. Honestly, if the word prequel is attached, I tend to avoid them completely. I am pleased and excited to say that I am glad that I read this one.

The Battle for Acranon Major by Alexandra May is a sort of backstory for what is happening in the book Elemental: The First. In the prequel, you are introduce to a unique world that is
Jessica
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A point to note, while reading the book, I had a feeling that I was missing things from the main series, the Elementals. For example, throughout the book, it was mentioned that the people from Nerido’s planet, the Xelipes, could not be trusted. Why? No reasons were stated. Either this was a failure of input of information in the book, or it was an expected common knowledge.

This book was not bad because it held my attention throughout the book. The book started right in the middle of action,
Kathryn Svendsen
Wow. That was my first thought after reading the last word in this book. This was a fantastic book. From start to finish it gripped me. I finished it in two days even reading with a migraine headache.

I loved the character of Halika Dacome. She is the daughter of the king, and Overlord of the Army. She is a strong and caring leader. She cares deeply and compassionately for her people and the men and women under her command. She is loyal to her father, who hasn’t responded to his children as a
Kelly
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Alexandra May for the chance to read The Battle for Arcanon Major.

A couple of months ago, I had the opportunity to read Elemental. It was a good book, but I felt like it ended just as it was starting to get good. (I can't wait to read more in that series)

I really loved The Battle for Arcanon Major. It took off running for me. We meet Halika Dakome, the commander of the Elemetal's armies, and daughter of the King. We get to see her compassion and caring as she tries to shelter her
Pam
Halíka Dacomé is a skilled warrior who is not ready turn her planet over to anyone. While her father rules the kindom she rules the battlefields. The Primords want to take over the planet just like they have many other ones before it. Halíka Dacomé has powers but doesn't use them to there full strentgh it has been forbidden for reasons she doesn't know. Her father is ready to turn the planet and Halíka Dacomé over to Arfron Uhnok a Primord. She won't accept that and in list the aid of some of ...more
Anne
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook
Thanks to Alexandra May for the opportunity to read The Last Dacome Files #1 The Arcanon Major in exchange for an honest review. I can honestly say that is was FABULOUS. My only complaint was that I wish I had had this available before I read Elemental, just to get a better understanding of the backstory. Now that I know things are not as they seemed (thought Halíka hated Neri) can't wait to get more of their story. I always enjoy a complex plot with a lot of subterfuge and manuevering woven ...more
Maghon Thomas
WOW!! I am amazed! First, I’m normally not really a sci-fi fan but it’s such a great book and has so many fantasy elements that I LOVED it! It’s just surprising that such a dark story can have so much brightness. and it’s short, but not really a short story. I would consider it about half of a normal novel. This is such a good prequel!

So, Halika, Hally to her brother and friends, is a warrior princess. Her father is a LOSER king. I’m sorry but I have a lot of hate towards the king. I have
Adriane
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recieved an ARC copy of this book for the purposes of reviewing it. I'm super glad that I was given the opportunity to, my time is pretty precious, I have a lot of projects going at one time, and this book was more than worth my time.

I've been getting more into the Fantasy/Sci-Fi mix lately, starting with The Dark Tower series by King, though that one has a lot of western and horror elements as well. This book was more of a pure blend of fantasy and sci-fi which was very satisfying.

I would
Cecilia (rather barefoot than bookless)

I liked this book. It was good and exciting. The author is really good at describing the, to the reader, unknown scenery of another planet. I could really imagine how this place looked like and I really liked that.

But I did have some difficulties with this book and that is why I only gave it 3.5 feet, not because it was bad I just think perhaps it was too much war in this book. The battle scenes were too long. I mean in a way that is how the book should be since this book is about a
Sara
Sep 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, ebooks
I got my very first ARC for this prequel to the Primord Series. I've read Elemental, which I've enjoyed since it made me think of The Secret Circle mixed with Roswell. The Battle of Arcanon Major is the Prequel to Elemental: The First. I had a hard time getting to the ebook at first, but that’s mostly because I was distracted and exhausted from the xmas holidays. Once I got more into it, then I began to enjoy the story better. I enjoy the sci-fi aspect and the love story between Halíka Dacomé ...more
Reilly
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, if I had to sum up this book in only one word it would be MINDBLOWING!

I found Alexandra May's book "Elemental: The First" online for free about a month or two ago, I thought it was wonderfully written and was very refrseshing. She very generously offered to give me an ARC when she saw a had marked this book as a "to-read" if a would review it for her. I'm so glad she did! I think this book sheds some light on the mystery that entrances you in the first. I actually think I'm going to
Samantha
Oct 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
The Last Dacome Files #1 The Arcanon Major by Alexandra May was an ARC given to me for an honest review. So the short answer here is that it’s excellent and people must read it. I loved it so much that I am going to have to buy it when it is released. Why some might ask? Well the prose and plot are woven together to be a complex tapestry that reads fast while completely submersing the reader. The characters are productive and believable. I have read the first book in this series, I loved it as ...more
Dawn
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

The Battle for Arcanon Major is an interesting story. The history of the Primords and the Elementals is well told. It was a fast read and kept my interest throughout. I often have trouble wrapping my head around science fiction but this story was easy to follow.

The battle scenes were described well enough that it was easy to picture what was happening but they weren’t too graphic, which is a real plus especially in young adult fiction.

I
Monica
This novella is excellent. May imparts the history of Halika Dacome and her fellow rebels, giving insight into the events of Elemental: The First and Elemental: Origins.

May's skill at weaving a story is superb. The narrative is immediately engaging, drawing readers in to an alien world filled with war, weary soldiers, and a leader who is becoming torn between what she is supposed to do and what she feels she needs to be done.

I'm looking forward to reading Elemental: Circle of Fire, but I am
Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell
Well, this was amazing :)

I loved the characters and loved knowing the stuff what you briefly got told about in the first book of the elemental series :)

Fighting, Love and other stuff happen in this book and I LOVED IT!!

I would so recommend everyone to read this when it is released :)

Thank you Alexandra May for letting me read and review this for you :)

Kimberly
I was given an eARC to read. I hadn't read this author previously. So I had no idea how this would go. It was a great book. It is the prequel to Elemental. I think I would have understood the plot elements a little better if I had read the first book prior to this one. I enjoyed the book and I am looking forward to the first one.
David Fournier
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens and Up
I really enjoyed this novella, and wait to read the next installment to the prequels for "Elemental: The First". I'd really like to more about the life of Halíka Dacomé and her companions once they arrived on the planet they were exiled to.

Thanks for the great read Alexadra May.
Janis
Dec 09, 2014
Bob
Feb 05, 2019
Elaine Raver
rated it did not like it
Aug 06, 2013
Amanda
Jun 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Alexandra May was destined to be an author or a musician. She wrote her first prose at 6 and learnt to read music by the age of 8. But coming from an army-style childhood, it was travelling that became her passion in her twenties. Having lived in 5 different countries she finally settled in Portugal and never left.

Ms May is an English young adult and sci-fi author of four books, bringing together

The Lost Dacomé Files (2 books)
  • Ethandun (The Lost Dacomé Files #2)
“I think you have bits of Primord in your hair...And you look …bloody...You look a mess, Halíka...But you are still the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on.” 3 likes
“I dare to speak to you. The first thing you should have known? Halíka Dacomé belongs to no man. Least of all me. - Nerído Xipilé” 3 likes