Start by marking “Sublime” as Want to Read:
Sublime

Sublime

When Lucy walks out of a frozen forest, wearing only a silk dress and sandals, she isn’t sure how she got there. But when she sees Colin, she knows for sure that she’s here for him.

Colin has never been captivated by a girl the way he is by Lucy. With each passing day their lives intertwine, and even as Lucy begins to remember more of her life—and her death—neither of them
Published October 14th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Start your review of Sublime
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
“A boy.”

The woman laughs and closes her eyes, but it isn’t a happy laugh. It’s an of-course-a-boy-knows laugh. A why-did-I-even-bother-asking laugh.
If you love completely passive main characters with no interest other than a boy, this is the book for you. If you think Luce from the Fallen series and Bella from Twilight were such fantastically inspiring heroines, this book is for you. The main female character in this book makes Bella Swan seem like an sword-wielding, ass-kicking ninja girl.
Anna Todd
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Christina Lauren since "Beautiful Bastard" and while I am head over heels in love with that series, "Sumblime" has taken my love for their writing to an entirely new place.
Every single line in this book reads like poetry, poetry that I can't help but read and re-read, highlight, then re-read. It's incredible.
The tale of Lucy and Colin is not only completely original (I love Twilight but literally there are no comparisons or similarities here at all so I'm not sure where th
BernLuvsBooks
This YA Paranormal Romance by Christina Lauren was definitely a different type of book for these authors. I am a huge fan of their books so I went in hoping I would enjoy it even if it was different from what I usually read by them. Initially, it took me back to the days when I read books like Twilight, Fallen, Hush Hush and Shiver. I was intrigued, wanting to figure out what happened to Lucy and see what would become of her relationship with Colin. ⁣

It might be my age showing but it simply was
Jennifer Kyle
4~ 4.5 Stars

“I’ve lost everyone I loved. Instead, I got you. The universe might have taken the others away, but it sent you back.”

[image error]

I just loved the writing style and delivery of this story. It’s very different from other books that I have read by these authors but I must say this one was completely captivating, heart breaking and simply out of this world.

The story starts with a girl who awakes on a trail at Saint Osanna’s Preparatory School and doesn’t even know who she is but fe
Kassidy
I really liked this book in the beginning, but as it went on, it went downhill. At first I was captivated by Lucy's story. I wanted to know what happened to her and why she came back after death. Her connection to Colin intrigued me and their relationship excited me. However, at about the halfway point the story lost its gravity and some of plot developments just seemed silly. Towards the end I had a hard time taking it seriously, and I did not care about the characters any longer.

The story is
Lucia
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, ya
Sublime is bizarre but fascinating story about troubled sensitive boy and strange lost girl who is not really a girl. Colin and Lucy understand each other perfectly, but what will this special connection cost them?

Are you intrigued? I definitely was. Poetic writing, dual POV, intense characters. Sublime definitely isn't traditional YA paranormal story. It is a story about obsessive connection, about insane lenghts person would go to just to be with someone he is in love with.

A boy and a ghost g
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
A copy of this audiobook was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

A ranty, snarky, SPOILERY review follows. Read at your own peril.

I wasn't interested in reading this writing duo's Beautiful Bastard series because erotica really isn't my thing, so I don't honestly know what made me think I'd like their foray into young adult. Well, besides the fact that I do have a lot of Goodreads friends who se
Julie Zantopoulos
Problematic before problematic was a thing. This is not...good. This is a story about a ghost, the boy who loves her, and him inducing near-death experiences to have sexy times with her. It's...not cool. I finished this in audiobook but the ending was...awful. The entirety of the novel was not scary but was cringey and hard to listen to because...hello, what?

Also, the teachers, counselors, nurses, caregivers...all just accept ghosts. Accept that this chick is dead but dating a boy who seems to
Alyssa

Publication Date: October 14, 2014
Rating: 2 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

True love may mean certain death in a ghostly affair of risk and passion from New York Times bestselling duo Christina Lauren, authors of Beautiful Bastard. Tahereh Mafi, New York Times bestselling author of Shatter Me calls Sublime “a beautiful, haunting read".

When Lucy wa
WTF Are You Reading?
Christina Lauren's new Romantic Paranormal YA offering entitled Sublime, seems to beg the question "How far would you go for the one you love?"
The answer for the read's young lovers, Colin Novak and Lucy Gray, a resounding "to the brink of death and beyond."

The story begins as a series of haphazard fits and starts as Lucy tries to figure out the 'how's and why's' of her sudden appearance at St. Osanna's Preparatory School for Girls and Boys, and her inexplicable attraction to a certain BMX biker
caren
Hauntingly romantic and eerily beautiful, Christina Lauren proves with their debut young adult novel that not only do they have the chops to write steamy adult stories, but that they’ve got talent in other areas as well. Sublime will hit shelves in October and introduce readers to a love story with a twist: where one person is alive, and the other? Dead.

When she wakes up on the grounds of St. Osanna’s boarding school, she’s not sure of anything, even her name. It isn’t until she sees him and utt
Meags
Apr 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
1 Star

I’m not sure what just happened but I’m damn certain I’m not happy about it. This review probably won’t make a lick of sense. I don’t care. Prepare for an indignant rant.

First of all, I was beyond excited to read this book leading up to its release – I even had it on my “highly anticipated” shelf, which is quite a prestigious position which I only grant a select few. In the past, I’ve devoured all of Christina (&) Lauren’s books and didn’t even contemplate the possibility of not enjoying o
Regina Jenkins
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a bittersweet story orphan Colin falls for a beautiful girl with a deadly secret. They both are so draw to each that they ache to touch. But being in each other's world is dangerous for both. Even though everyone one but his best friend is against this relationship they form a bond that neither one is willing to give up even if death is the only option.
Rebekah
Sep 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya-addiction
I wanted to like this, I really did. I absolutely fell in love with the cover. It's so mysterious and amazing. I love this cover.

The story started off wonderfully, full of mystery and excitement. And then it just got weird. It was mostly the romance that did me in for this book. It didn't start out weird but as it progressed I ended up going, "WHAT?!" as a result I am putting this book in the same category as the book Anna Dressed in Blood because of the romance and due to content that I found
Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles)
(view spoiler)

A tragic romance story from the POVs of both lovers. It's a YA novel, but it read more like a romance novel with all the raunchy scenes and vague details. It was like reading
Julie
Coherent review to come but...oh my God.
Shannon Haile
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review to come. Absolutely loved Christina Lauren's first YA novel. The girls can write and make you feel it all. Now I'm going to sit and have my book hangover.
Jen Malone
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I get the snorting that will come from describing this as haunting but, well, it's apt. I'll be thinking about this one for a while!
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
I’m well aware that this is a love story between a ghost and a human, and let’s face it, those never end well. Anna Dressed in Blood anyone? I knew going into this book, that this would 99% not end in HEA. I was expecting that. I was fine with that. I was prepared for it. But after finishing the story, I have no idea what the hell to think anymore. Hell, I don’t even know if this ended in a HEA or not because I have no clue what happened. No clue! What was up with that ending??? Looks like someo ...more
Brit
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Title:Sublime
Author: Christina Lauren
Source: Purchased Paperback
Pages: 336
Genre: Paranormal Fantasy
Age Group: Young Adult
Characters: Lucia (Lucy) Gray, Colin
Point of View: Third - dual
Happily Ever After: (view spoiler)
Release Date: October 14th, 2014
Date Read: January 17th, 2016
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

My first ever paranormal novel I've read. Review to come...["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
Lauren Suero
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Beautifully written prose with a hauntingly gritty and mysterious tale that latches on and doesn't let go. The ending is devastatingly overwhelming but in a really good "puzzle pieces come together" kind of way.

More detailed review to come closer to publication.
♡Ann  Matalines♡
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Is it dangerous to want so much to know someone without first knowing yourself?”

For the first five chapters I was thanking the heavens for delivering a good book, praising Christina Lauren for being so good at both genre (YA and NA) and praising myself for picking this but then for the past six chapters to the last I was thinking “What the hell am I reading” and “Why does it come to this?” It was really a waste because the beginning is so good that turned bad because the writer doesn’t know how
Sara (sarabara081)
This book made me swoon, laugh and cry. And also gave me major anxiety! But I loved it! Review to come!
Once
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review closer to release day!

Two OUaT reviewers have read and loved this book!!
AK
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love, 2020
When you’re a fan of Korean dramas, you must have watched many dramas with this kind of storyline and boy, must I say, I really love this one! And yes, that also means I already knew what’d be the ending of Sublime & totally prepared my heart for the ending.

This is one beautiful yet heartbreaking and painful story. Idk about others but I love everything about Lucy and Colin. They’re so perfect for one another. They protect each other in their own way. Lucy has been lonely her whole life (or s
Jooke
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks
2.5*

When I saw there was a book I've missed from this author duo, I was really excited to start reading (well listening in this case). But for me they better stick to the chicklit genre of entertaining rom com.
At least I managed to finish this literary experiment of them.

The story starts out with a mystery. A girl wakes up in the woods with no memory and is pulled toward this boy. The attraction is mutual and together they try to figure out how and why. But there isn't that much revealed about t
Sandra
Mar 30, 2014 marked it as winter-in-pandemonium
I'm wondering if this is the YA novel this author duo penned and couldn't sell, without first publishing their fanfic. Based on the reviews I've seen from people I trust (not the sock accounts), I'm not surprised. I think I'll pass.
Tracey (Life and Literature)
I was hooked on this one right from the start. And then I wasn't. I just couldn't get on board with the things that Colin did to be able to be with Lucy on a more physical level. When a relationship is harmful to your health and wellbeing, it's time to get out!
Lizzy
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this. Haunting and sexy, sweet and creepy--and the prose is gorgeous. Full review to come closer to release.
Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
Do you often get tricked into believing that the book is worth your time just looking at the cover? Do you stare at it with lovey-dovey eyes & want to devour every detail? Well congratulations! You're a visual person just like me but it also means that you find yourself disappointed with a lot of books. Including this one. Yay.

From the very beginning the story seemed to be very captivating and sort of mysterious. Lucy woke up discovering that it was a different season than she remembered it was

• Could Be Something Good (Timber Falls #1)
  • Cracks in the Armor (Clipped Wings, #2.5)
  • After All (Romancing Manhattan, #3)
  • Reputation
  • The Makeup Artist (Coffee Book #2)
  • I Was Told It Would Get Easier
  • The Night Swim
  • Coffee Girl (Coffee Book #1)
  • Primer
  • Magnolia Table, Volume 2: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering
  • You Had Me at Hola
  • Cock & Bull
  • White Out (Badlands Thriller, #1)
  • Fractures in Ink (Clipped Wings, #3)
  • She's Faking It
  • The Return
  • Beach Read
  • The Knockout Queen
Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced fourteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.) ...more