Start by marking “The Towers (The Nameless King, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Towers (The Nameless King, #1)

The Towers (The Nameless King, #1)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
For generations, the mountain people of Cairn Meridia have lived free, defending themselves from the dark army of the Nightmare with the strength of their towers, the wisdom of the Prohibitions, and the magic of shame and grace. But now, as a masked rebellion festers in the heart of the city, the Nightmare comes again, twenty years too soon, and the fate of Cairn Meridia h ...more
Published November 13th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Towers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Towers

Nathan
Apr 08, 2014 added it
Ain’t that a shame?

My tears fall like rain. –Fats Domino

Catching me quickly with a rare info dump with some actual style, the intro to The Towers had the voice of a village elder telling the story of a land’s founding. We can only take it as fact as there is nothing to tell us otherwise, but quickly it is apparent that we are dealing not just with a founding story but also the very basis of a religion adhered to strictly by all with coercion.

Of course any religion has the potential to go semi
Emily Shelton
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have to preface my review by saying that I don't read much fantasy. I have never read Tolkein or any other fantasy books that I can remember, so I may not be the best person to review this book.

However I can also say that as a fantasy newbie I enjoyed The Towers by Jordan Jeffers very much. I picked up the book on the recommendation of a friend who knows the author. I honestly wasn't expecting to enjoy it as this is not a genre that I typically read. But the story pulled me in almost right awa
Sara Snider
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie, fantasy
The Towers is an interesting fantasy tale of a mountainous people and their battle against the Nightmare— a group of nasty creatures that comes around once every seventy years. The ways the people protect themselves against the Nightmare forms a belief system that is essentially a religion.

It’s an interesting story, and I like the questions it brings up about human nature, about the lengths one is willing to go in order to protect others against danger. It illustrates well how humans are fundame
Saffron Bryant
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a read! I have to say, I zoomed through this one because it was so much fun. It’s not like I had lots of spare time on my hands but there I was spending hours reading!

This is a fantastic novel which explores a multitude of themes including human nature. While keeping up a strong fantasy feeling the book also went deeper, exploring what happens when we do the wrong thing for the right reason? And, what if by trying to stop something you create the very scenario you were trying to avoid?

Four
Masquerade Crew
Reviewed by Saffron B. See the review here.

Also reviewed by Sara S. Her review is posted here.
Melissa
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It was full of well developed characters and had an engaging story. This is the author's first published book and is really well written for a first publication. I recommend to anyone who likes a good story!
Elisabeth (Enthralled by the Written Word)
This book was beautiful, plain and simple. My friend (who happened to paint the cover, fyi) gave me a copy of this and it sat on my bed headboard for months until I finally cracked it open and ate it up. Must write a longer review.
Shane
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!
David Gerry
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoughtful and beautiful.

This fascinating tale uses allegory to teach timeless truth that could be ignored in another medium. Love is truly one laying down his life for another!
Gemila
Kelly Jenness
Feb 11, 2014
Kristen Krogmeier
Jun 06, 2014
Jordan Jeffers currently lives in Bloomington, Illinois with his wife and about 77,000 other people. He has written for McSweeney's Internet Tendency , Analog Science Fiction and Fact , and is the author of the epic fantasy book The Towers .