Start by marking “Amazon Heat (Demon Heat #1)” as Want to Read:
Amazon Heat (Demon Heat #1)

Amazon Heat (Demon Heat #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
When Katrina faces the death of her father, she is left with only one choice. Hire a local demon to help her retrieve a mythical healing stone from deep in the Amazon. However, when the two finally meet, sparks fly. The man is a walking sex god and when he offers to pleasure her in exchange for his services, she finds it hard to refuse.

Damis only intended to have a good ti
ebook
Published November 13th 2013 by Resplendence Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Amazon Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amazon Heat

Kishan Paul
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Who in their right mind would go into the Amazon jungles with a Demon? Well if your father is deathly sick and the demon is Damis, who wouldn't? Kat learns alot about demons and love in her journey into the Amazon. What a steamy story and Valerie Twombly's writing kept me engaged from the beginning all the way to the end. It was a fast and fun read.
Bobbi
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Definitely
This book took off right from the start and didn't stop until the end. This book kept my mouth watering and my attention right from the start. I couldn't imagine waking up one day to find out that I am half demon, mated, and have magic as well. Out of all three main character's by far Brock is my favorite demon with his good boy attitude with a little cockiness thrown in. Kat and Damis are made for each other. They are both arrogant and mouthy and want everything their way. Valerie Twombly has o ...more
Tamera McIntosh
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves paranormal romance and just a great story line
Shelves: favorites
I have to say that Valerie A Twombly Books are AWESOME! OUTSTANDING!

This is a story about Katrina who's father is dying and the quest she must go on to save him. A quest for a Mythical magical stone deep in the Amazon. For this she needs a guide , someone who knows the area.. That one is Damis a 1000 yr old demon/playboy who is arrogant, insufferable and looks like "sex on a stick"! He agrees yet has his own proposition for her. Can Kat get passed her strong temper and stubborn ways?? As the mut
Renea Mason
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sexcades at their finest. The author's writing style is easy to read and with sexy demons in the jungle, how can you go wrong?
Leta Fisher
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kat had to save her father. The only way to accomplish this task was to meet the demon Damis. Can she save her father and save herself from this powerful demon?
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 3.5 Amazon Heat Stars ~

Amazon Heat is book one in the Demon Heat series by Valerie Twombly. It is a decent start to the Demon Heat series. If you enjoy a bit of steam, then this will be a book for you.

Amazon Heat is an insta-love, quick, and steamy read! The plot is not much and felt a little rushed, but being a short insta-love that is bound to happen. I would have liked more background and world building along with all the hot and heavy going on. We do get to learn a little about he demo
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
If you are looking for a hit of steamy-ness, then this will be a book for you. If you don’t like m/f/m in your books, don’t be discouraged from picking this to read because there is only one scene and the rest of the hot scenes are just as steamy that you won’t want to miss out on.

There was only one small issue I had with the read, and that was the feeling that the plot itself was rushed through and worked around the steamy scenes. Don’t get me wrong, I love some heat in a read, especially when
Vettech
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this book on FB and how lucky I am that I did. This is my first time reading Valerie Twombly. I do love to be introduced to new authors of my favorite genre, Paranormal Romance!! This story is a bit spicier than I usually read, but I really enjoyed it.

When Katrina hires hot sexy Demon Damis to guide her into the Amazon to find a stone which is said to hold magical powers, she gets much more than she bargained for. Her father is dying so she needs the stone to heal him. Katrina loves her fa
Paulina Woods
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Wow. Just wow. If you hate hot, dirty sex than this is not the book for you. A dominant woman who knows what she wants in the bedroom and demands the man satisfies her and a demon that can give it to her and than push her to her limits. The first time Katrina and Damis came together I had to go change my pantie, it was just that hot.

Karina is a strong woman who has no idea she is half demon and she has some interesting ways of getting back at Damis when he’s a butthead. I think the best one was
Carol
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot more then I thought I would after reading the first few chapters. I'm not a big fan of erotica. I enjoy a steamy love scene as much as the next person, but when the author puts them in anywhere they find a space for one, to me, it makes the story a little cheesy-- a little Penthouse Form-ish and within the first 3 chapter, Kat had already had sex and a really hot make-out session with two different men. I was like, " Oh my! What am I reading?!" LOL!
It got better-- for me
Terri
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this book yesterday! OMG, it was hot!!! I want a demon of my own now! The author made a romance into a hot , delicious erotic book. I loved the characters Kat & Damis. It was witty & suspenseful & lots of adventure too. I truly enjoyed reading this book by Valerie Twombly. I can't wait to see what this author has in store for us next! I sure hope she continues this series!!! I love this author <3
Melinda Acevedo
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another short but sizzling read from Twombly. These mini-novels keep me going while I wait for the next in her series.
Elisa Panjang
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a sexy read! I love it.
Kim Bishop
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
**Book provided by the author for an honest review**

Katrina Norris was on a mission as soon as her father Gerald told her there was a way to cure his cancer. Gerald, being an archaeologist, has found the location to the Orecha Emerald, a magical stone with healing powers. Weakened by his illness, her father is unable to go himself, so when Kat jumps on the task to go, he warns her how dangerous it will be and that she needs to hire help, so he points her to Damis the demon at The Magic Cove Club
Marinda
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this book and chose to review it.
Katrina's dad is dying so to save him she has to travel deep into the Amazon to find a mythical stone that could save him. She need someone to guide her that knows the Amazon and she finds Damis.
Damis is a 1000 year old demon/playboy who is an arrogant ass but he's also sexy as hell. He agrees to help Kat but there's a catch. Can Kat keep fighting the attraction she feels for Damis, does she really want to? Can the survive the jungle an
Deborah
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
She Doesn't Know

This is an intense read about a woman needing to get this emerald in the Amazon jungle to save her father's life. She goes to this bar to get this demon to guide her there. When he first sees her, he wants her and she wants him also. Even though she thinks he's an arrogant ass, she makes a deal with him. This is an intense exciting hot read. Enjoy I did.
Nancy
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very hot and steamy. Although the ending was confusing as I'm not sure if the characters are related, but still loved the book. Can't wait to start next book in series.
「 Sunnie Rose 」
Jan 23, 2016
Virginia Louis
Jan 06, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate book 3 160 Dec 03, 2013 04:00PM
Award winning and bestselling author Valerie Twombly grew up watching Dark Shadows over her mother's shoulder, and from there her love of the fanged creatures blossomed. Today, Valerie has decided to take her darker, sensual side and put it to paper.

When she is not busy creating a world full of steamy, hot men and strong, seductive women, she juggles her time between a full-time job, hubby and he
More about Valerie Twombly

Demon Heat (2 books)
  • Emerald Fire (Demon Heat #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)