Start by marking “Saga: Capítulo 2 (Saga #2)” as Want to Read:
Saga: Capítulo 2 (Saga #2)

Saga: Capítulo 2

(Saga (Collected Editions) #2)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  80,156 ratings  ·  6,135 reviews
Familia. Implica amor, rencor, amistad, rencillas, confianza o traición. Sea cual sea el sentimiento que aflore en toda familia, nadie puede hablar mal de la tuya. Y una cosa queda clara: la lucha por formar una familia no se puede comparara nada que se haya visto antes, por muchos obstáculos que se pongan en el camino. Así empieza una de las odiseas más memorables del nov ...more
Published September 1st 2013 by Planeta deAgostini (first published June 19th 2013)

·  80,156 ratings  ·  6,135 reviews

Patrick
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Dear Mr. Vaughan,

I do not know what process you go though to produce comics like these. I do not know what dark alchemy you perform, what infernal pacts you have agreed to, what terrifying drugs you must imbibe. I have no idea what arcane rituals you must perform every day, what odd odd habits of diet and exorcize you must maintain to keep your mind limber and sparking, to write things like this.

I just wanted to say, whatever it is you're doing, please keep doing it.

Sincerely,

pat
karen
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo IMG_4309_zpsdki7tc3d.jpg

review to come, but man, am i loving this series!

okay, time for a real review!

it's hard to know where to begin….

this series is all told from the POV of a girl, detailing the events and adventures of her baby-years and before, including the romantic forbidden love between her parents.

photo IMG_4311_zpslwiikxvh.jpg

it was not, however, love at first sight.

photo IMG_4309_zpsdki7tc3d.jpg

review to come, but man, am i loving this series!

okay, time for a real review!

it's hard to know where to begin….

photo IMG_4311_zpslwiikxvh.jpg

it was not, however, love at first sight.

photo IMG_4316_zpsyi6dho3x.jpg

but it's not all lovey-dovey stuff, nor even lovey-punchy-with-a-rifle stuff. there's also … this

photo IMG_4323_zps1ckgxxlu.jpg

and how much do i love alana? not only for her dry wit

photo IMG_4308_zpsfoewdhgp.jpg

but also for her enthusiasm about BOOKS! well, okay, one book in particular. but still, it's adorable, especially because of this familiar scenario where you're talking about a book you love and your excitement gets in the way of your powers of articulation and you get this reaction to your blathering:

photo IMG_4310_zps8docebas.jpg

been there, my friends…

but also deep in my heart is lying cat

photo IMG_4317_zpsdtnwhec7.jpg

photo IMG_4318_zpsgfb6n6nm.jpg

nooooo! no killing lying cat! lying cat is for SNUGGLING!

photo IMG_4319_zpspd0so2rx.jpg

there was much peril for lying cat in this volume. at one point i made an audible squeak. not even embarrassed about it.

i want my own lying cat. i also want these things

photo IMG_4324_zpsjarqdom3.jpg

anyway, an excellent second part to a series that is quickly taking over my life and my heartspace.

photo IMG_4325_zpsmyxtaiiy.jpg

you're welcome, book! so glad to be a part of this journey!

come to my blog!
Zoë
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5
This volume found what I felt was missing in the first: backstory and a lot of heart.
We learned more about Marko's past and how he and Alana met. I love him. So much.
I also enjoyed getting to know the new characters, Marko's parents and Gwendolyn, as they helped flesh out the story and provided some of my favorite moments.
Fiona Staples' illustrations did not fail me. They were so vivid - sometimes to a gross degree when it came to certain creatures.
I'm getting more used to
Federico DN
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, almost-fav
Tender lovebirds, and not so tender bounty-hunters.

In this continuation of the series we backtrack to the early days when Alana, the soldier, and Marko, the prisoner, met, and how everything unfolded for them to be together. From an indifferent beating to a crazy incomprehensible love; while at the present time also fleeing Cleave from their many pursuers, and trying to find some place in the universe, any place at all, where their little baby daughter can be safe.

Excelle
Lola
‘‘Never worry what other people think of you, because no one ever thinks of you.’’

Give me an S! Give me an A! Give me a G! How about another A?

… SAGA all the way. Oh man, I was never that into comics. Sure, there’s a couple I came to enjoy, such as Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Vol. 1, The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act… but I never felt so attached to that of a bundle of characters in a same series. I’m thinking, and thinking, and truth is that I love every one of them. Alright,
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Really enjoying the creativity of this series...the characters...the story arc...the art...all of it.
Claudia Ramírez
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I'm really enjoying this story <3.
Bangadybangz
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this series so far! It's bizarre as hell, but AMAZING! Reminds me a lot of the old Star Wars movies.
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
Saga is just superb. Aside from the cool characters, its general weirdness and unflinching nature, it also recognises the power of words:

description

And for me that’s rather important. This particular book has caused the entire situation, pushing the characters to sue for piece in a world driven by hatred and war. The book made them fall in love with each oth
April (Aprilius Maximus)

Third read in January 2018

I FORGOT HOW MUCH I FREAKING LOVE THESE
Maureen
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The art is beautiful, the story is so complex and intriguing and I just love it a lot so far.
EVERYONE WAS RIGHT ABOUT THIS SERIES
Nat
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This comic book is an incredible adventure right from page 1.

description

I seriously could not put this story down. It made me laugh, smile, and even tear up at one point (Barr…).
I never knew what to expect from the incredible ensemble of characters and I think that made the plot that more epic.
The chemistry between all of the charac
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I put in requests at the library for these books. Did I take the time to look at how many holds they have on them? Nope. So I've ended up with Volumes 2 and 3 first and weeks to go before I'll get Volume 1. I still read this..because I'm a rebel like that. Plus my library sends letters out on over due books that scare me.

This is a fun book. Told from the point of view of the young baby. It's well done and funny. Plus the art work is wonderful.

Plus you hav
Kemper
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic, war, 2013, comics, sci-fi, saga
A couple of star-crossed lovers from two different species on opposing sides of an interstellar war are on the run in a wooden rocket ship with their infant daughter and her ghost babysitter as they are pursued by the forces of both sides including a royal family member who is a robot with a television for a head as well as a bounty hunter who has an oversized cat who can tell when anyone is lying.

Geez, why can’t any comic book creators come up with something original?

Ah, but seriou
Richard
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
The second book in this graphic novel series by Brian K.Vaughan (writer) and Fiona Staples (artist) is as good as the first ….…. maybe even better, as we continue to get to know the main characters.
It’s bursting with mad invention, wonderfully evocative artwork, a story that is developing nicely and an ever growing cast of very strange characters.
Marko and Alana, the star-crossed lovers (from both sides of a planetary conflict) and their child Hazel, continue their escape from a ragb
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
If possible, this was even more wickedly delightful than its predecessor.

• We're showered with some much-wanted backstory on my favourite duo:

description

• Get introduced to a new set of badass mofos:

• Feast our eyes
Whitney Atkinson
These are just genius. Funny, amazing and consistently interesting world, rad af characters. I wish I'd read this earlier today so that I had time to go grab the others from the library before it closed.
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Actual rating: a low 3.5 stars.

Okay, so I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about this one as I was about volume 1 ← this might (or might not) be the understatement of the century.

Volume 1 left me feeling like this:

Yes, I am a cigarette smoking dude with a moustache and over-gelled hair in real life.

This volume? It left me feeling like this:

Yes, I am also a freaky-eyed sausage on paws in reclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Yes,life.

Thisclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Yes,stars.
David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party
Brian K Vaughan's epic Saga continues, as does the awesomeness from the first volume!

Lovers who each come from opposite sides of two warring worlds, Alana and Marko have become the symbol for a possible union between the planet Landfall and the moon of Wreath. However, since the governments of both Landfall and Wreath have no interest in making peace with each other, they have declared Alana & Marco to be a threat to their ways of life, and have each dispatched hunters to murder Alana & Marco before theiSaga
Amanda
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog, comics, kick-ass
In the first 6 issues of Saga (which comprised volume 1 of the trade edition), Brian K. Vaughan threw in enough weird ass shit to keep me in a delightfully perpetual state of "what the hell was that?" So much so that I worried the inventiveness might eventually wear thin, begin to feel as though it's trying too hard (as I sometimes feel with China Mieville's Dial H), or simply create such a labyrinthine mythology that it's just not worth trying to puzzle it all out. The second 6 issues have definitely ...more
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

OMG! I loved this one even better than the first, although, there is one monster that will give nightmares for some time. You will see :-D

So Marko's parents get beamed on board and they are not happy to see that he married Alana who is supposed to be an enemy of their race.

And, when they get there, Marko's mom banishes our wonderful ghost friend Izabel. Soooooo.... Marko goes off through the portal to find her and his mom follows him. This leaves Alana, Marko's dad Barr
Bradley
Re-read after becoming a die-hard fan fo the series, 5/9/18:

I'm going nuts here. I feel so sorry for grandpa. I love Lying cat. I can't believe how good this The Will still looks! And all the introductions of characters who... *sob* *sniffle*... this is almost too much for me right now.

Original review:

Truly a quiet piece of genius, now that I've read this far. It's pacing is great and its characters are all fantastic. The deep subversion vibe of that rom
Melanie
Vol. 1 ★★★★

I completely loved this. I was enthralled the whole time learning about Hazel and the events that lead up to her creation. This world is so creative and imaginative that I'm just blown away. This is one of the best graphic-novels out, and my words won't do justice as to why I would recommend this to every living soul.

The main theme in this book is the blind prejudice that all these souls have grown up believing in, because it has always been forced upon them. Everyone can take something ou
Megan Johnson
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I'm gonna make this short since it's a volume 2 and you can check out most of my thoughts on my volume 1 review.

All in all, I thought this was a great second installment. It's still got the comedy gold, it's beautiful in a very real sort of way, and I tore through it really needing to know what happens next. It's left me impatient to get to volume 3, so I really can't complain.

If you enjoyed volume 1, this one isn't quite as great but still, you've gotta know what happens, right?

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Edit 06/14 : Reread before Volume 3 (always fucking fantastic)

Mesdames et Messieurs, I'm pleased to announce that... this awesomeness of a book is my first 5-stars rating for a graphic novel! Prepare yourself for the love!

Remember how I was amazed by the storyline of the first Volume? Scratch that : this one is even better. That's simple, we never seem to be able to breathe the whole time and the alternative POV bring more tension to the story, until we just can't put it down. Moreover, Hazel's narration, slightly ironic, allows us to see thfantastic)
Mesdames
Sh3lly
I loved this one too! It continues the story of PFC Alana and the "terrorist" Markus, two people on the wrong sides of a war who dared to fall in love and have a baby.

We get a flash back of how baby Hazel was conceived:

We get to spend time with Markus' parents. They are really great.

And Izabel, the ghostly babysitter, is back.

We get a flash back of how baby Hazel was conceived:

We get to spend time with Markus' parents. They are really great.

And Izabel, the ghostly babysitter, is back.

The Will goes to a pleasure planet, and in a moment of altruism, insists on buying a child sex slave no matter the costs.

Prince Robot IV is back and has gone to Quietus to find a "romance" author he thinks Alana and Markus are off to meet (since he is suspected of actually using his books to write subversive messages of pacifism and anti-war).

Oh, and we finally get to meet Markus' ex-fiancé, Gwendolyn. She finagles The Will into helping her look for Markus.

All in all, another fantastic volume. Tons of WTF moments, violence, sex, anything goes with this series, and I dig it.
Steph Sinclair
This series just cracks me up!
✨Brithanie Faith✨
5/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was just as good as the first one! 💗 Super quick to read! Totally bizarre! Loved it! 💗
Petrik
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buddy reading this entire series with my favorite Princess Celeste

Another short review.

I find Volume 2 of Saga to be a bit better compared to volume 1. We're starting to know more about the Star-crossed main characters, their past, family, and their hunters. It's interesting to see how Marko & Alana relationship develop since they're practically Romeo & Juliet in a Space Opera setting and also the narration done by Hazel added a nice touch and depth to its storytelling. It will be awesome to/>Another
Lilith Black
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
God damn, it's almost 3am and l am still just want to read this, to start the third one. But me needs to sleep right now. Starting third later today. Man, l love this one! Hope will get better and better!
Visual Novels Boo...: Saga 2 Discussion 2 8 Aug 31, 2017 05:01AM
Goodreads Librari...: Graphic Novel Series Numbering 3 23 Mar 21, 2017 10:32AM
Goodreads Choice ...: Saga, Vol. 2 - February 2016 28 27 Feb 15, 2016 12:50AM

• East of West, Vol. 2: We Are All One
  • Descender, Vol. 2: Machine Moon
  • The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth (Rat Queens, #2)
  • Alex + Ada, Vol. 2
  • Chew, Vol. 6: Space Cakes
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 4: Leviathan
  • Fables, Vol. 14: Witches
  • Morning Glories, Vol. 4: Truants
  • Lazarus, Vol. 3: Conclave
  • Injection, Vol. 2
  • Head Games (Locke & Key, #2)
  • Fatale, Vol. 3: West of Hell
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes for film and

Saga (Collected Editions) (9 books)
  • Saga, Vol. 1
  • Saga, Vol. 3
  • Saga, Vol. 4
  • Saga, Vol. 5
  • Saga, Vol. 6
  • Saga, Vol. 7
  • Saga, Vol. 8
  • Saga, Vol. 9
“Never worry what other people think of you, because no one ever thinks of you.” 207 likes
“Please read this [book] so I'll have someone to talk about it with? I'll get you cigarettes.” 40 likes