Start by marking “Sesame Swallow, Private Investigator” as Want to Read:
Sesame Swallow, Private Investigator

Sesame Swallow, Private Investigator

Looking for a chance to make a name for herself, Sesame Swallow, wanna-be Baltimore private eye, finds herself in the midst of her first real case and on a slipperier slope than usual to danger.

If Nancy Drew had come of age in the modern world, worn eye-popping short skirts and stilettos and drank Johnny Walker Black with the best of them, she would have been Sesame Swallo
Published November 13th 2013 by D. Scott Meek (first published November 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sesame Swallow, Private Investigator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sesame Swallow, Private Investigator

Tyffani
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Before I start *BEWARE* This book is NOT for the faint of heart, prudes, those easily offended or bothered by smut, anyone with a heart condition, or old ladies. And by old ladies, I lovingly mean older women raised in the Bible Belt who say things like “gosh darn” or “dagnabit”.

Sesame Swallow is a private investigator who wanted to be in forensics. As it goes, she’s trying to make the PI life work for her, since there are no jobs in forensics in her town. The first chapter opens with her in a c
Susan
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book from First Reads Good Reads and I really enjoyed the book and its character Sesame, I think she will eventually make a good private investigator, she has the brains for it.

Mr. Meek has done a good job on the writing and had a good story going, you don't actually find out who did it until the end, which is what a good mystery is all about. If you read the synopsis for the book you will be able to tell if this book is for you or not. Just remember she is willing to do whatever and
Dorota Skrzypek
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book, just based on the concept: whiskey-slinging, sailor-mouth-talking, smart, sexually confident woman that's trying to make it as a private investigator. Unfortunately, the book missed the mark in a lot of ways.

A few chapters in and it was obvious Sesame was more interested in satisfying the need between her legs rather than solving any crime. While I don't have a problem with a lot of sex in a book, the sex has to have purpose and it has to move the story line.
Carshena
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
You would think I would have had SOME idea about this book based on the title, but the first couple of pages took me by surprise. I actually had to scroll back to the cover. Fortunately, I like a little erotica in my reading.

I thought it was a fun book with an actual plot line. I would have liked to see the story a little more developed, and probably not so much of the kink, but all in all it kept my attention, was fun and entertaining....everything necessary for a fun "take a break" read. AND,
Tabitha Boyd
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Let me start off by saying if any one has ever accused you of being a prude-this is not the book for you. Luckily I have no problem with raunchy reading. However, I felt the story was more centered around Mrs. SWALLOWS sexual escapades rather than her being a private detective. I like the concept the character but I kept waiting for her to stop having sex and get on with finding the missing girl. I am curious to read the next installment to see if she gets her nymphomania under control and start ...more
Barbara
Dec 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book as a giveaway through Goodreads First Reads. I found the book to be over-the-top raunchy, which could have been more clearly signaled in the giveaway description. This distracted from the mystery hidden beneath the sex.
Richard Sandberg
Feb 16, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No good

Didn't care to much for this book was not to much of a mistery or a thriller. No I wouldn't recommend this book.
Krystle Kouture
Dec 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Disclosure: I won this in a Goodreads giveaway.
Didn't care for the writing or characters. Also tons of typos.
Jenn
Janice
Barbara Zitsch
Linda
Dec 13, 2013
  • Crazy, VA (Lil and Boris, #1)
  • To Have & To Haunt (The Possess Saga, #4)
  • Lustmord: Anatomy of a Serial Butcher (Vol. 1)
  • Permanent Interests
  • Jim Fosse's Expense Claim
  • Devil's Chimney
  • Pieces of Light (Dinah Harris Mysteries #3)
  • The Tempest: A Bowers and Hunter Mystery (Bowers and Hunter Mysteries)
  • The Aeschylus
  • The Zombies: Volume One
  • The Killing Times (The FBI/Romance Series #1)
  • Parenting 2.0: Think in the Future, Act in the Now
  • Mark of the Dragon (Mysts of Santerrian, #1)
  • Cult
  • Dead on Arrival
  • Operator B
  • The Forgotten Women Heroes: Second World War Untold Stories - The Women Heroes in the Extraordinary World War Two
  • Dead in Dubai (Lee Carruthers, #2)
What's a mid-40's divorced man to do after wrapping up twenty years in the US Navy? Why, start a career in teaching and writing, of course. Oh, and explore the world some more. And read everything possible. And spend time with my kids. And enjoy every moment to the fullest.

A teacher for the government by day, I ply my wares at night on my laptop, where I'm cranking out silly blog posts, socio-poli