Start by marking “Seasons of Sorrow” as Want to Read:

Seasons of Sorrow

Just a few short months after her son’s birth, Charlotte Fallon faces a parent’s worst nightmare. In her darkest hour, she finds herself abandoned by her husband, Derek,left to deal with her heartbreak alone. Jobless and with very little money, she fights to regain her footing.

ebook
Published January 16th 2014 (first published January 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Seasons of Sorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seasons of Sorrow

Tara
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
I just finished an ARC read of this book and I am blown away. Season's of Sorrow is a beautiful story that will take you on an emotional journey. Even though the subject matter is heart breaking, C.C. does an amazing job weaving humor, hope and passion throughout the book to lessen the pain. This is definitely going on my "favorites" shelf.
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
Don't let it break you.
No matter how hard things get, life goes on.

Incredible wouldn't even come close to describing this story. It had everything, and made you live the lives of the characters; it did for me anyways. It was extraradinary, and had just the best book boyfriend. Greg made me feel, well, safe too
description ....

Gitte:
.Lili.
Jan 22, 2014 rated it liked it
 photo tumblr_mdywghbijb1r44co8o1_400_zps3f7989db.gif
I don't know.... I think this is a case of me not the book. Not sure why I didn't enjoy it more and actually found myself bored with it towards the end. I feel guilty saying that because the concept of the story is quite sad and touching. It's a story about healing and finding strength within yourself. Even though it didn't work for me I'd still recommend it to other readers. I think my taste is changing and that's why this wasn't a hit for me but I am sure it will be for others.
Raine
My least favorite of C.C. Wood books

I didn't really like this one. The heroine was kind of a whiney bitch who let her ex-husband walk all over her. I have no idea why Greg, the H in this story, liked her.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

alt="description"/>

Gitte: Oh wow, talk about a beautiful and emotionally harrowing story, Jenny. I think any Mum or Dad who reads this story will feel a pang in his and her chest and no doubt shed many tears. I know I did. Seasons of Sorrow was brilliantly written, it was honest, raw and extremely haunting. The crux of the storyline broke my heart, the loss of a treasured loved one, a child no less and the loss of life as you know it at the same time, through no fault of your own.
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
“We are healed of a suffering only by experiencing it to the full.” - Marcel Proust

The loss of a child is the most devastating experience a parent can face.

Even though the subject matter is heart breaking, Seasons of sorrow by C.C. Wood is a beautiful and emotionally story. It’s a story about love , lose, self discovery, acceptance, healing and findind peace. I really like how the story is structured around the seasons as Charlotte finds peace and begins to return to life.

The story is about Cha
Desiree Gorman - A Love Affair With Books
I'm not going to give you a recap about this book because the synopsis is great and anything else would be full of spoilers. So, the best way for me to hopefully convince you why you must read this 5+++ masterpiece is to explain the emotion.

Sorrow.
Heartache.
Hope.
Laughter.
Grief.

I could go on and on with all the emotions that CC Wood has written into "Season of Sorrow." Needless to say, this book touched me from the very first page and didn't
J
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written, fairly simple story. Charlotte loses her 3-month old baby to SIDS and is devastated. Her husband doesn't really support her in her grief and she soon finds out why. He's a lying, cheating, heartless bastard. Her world collapses. This story is about two long time friends of her's that help her through these trying times and how she finds love again. There is no insta-anything here. We grieve with her, cry with her, get better with her, and then fall back into depres ...more
Lady Heather

BRILLIANT!!

This book was an emotional roller-coaster ride, but what a wonderful journey!

**yes I got up early this morning(before my family) so I could finish the story.
You see, I had to put the book down at 2:15 this morning because my eyes were crossing, and it was calling me at 6 am to finish it.
I just hit the epilogue when my house began to stir.
Now I'm in desperate need of coffee, and have to get ready to go snowshoeing with my husband. It's actually warm(er) today (only -10*c and sunny).

Ailee
Seasons of Sorrow is an amazing read! C.C. wood takes you on an unimaginable journey. Reading about Charlotte's story after that tragic story was so emotional. For Derek to desert her after the tragedy was wrong of him; and he later deserved everything that happens to him. I give his book 4 stars and hope to read more from C.C. wood
Tania
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
For more on this review, please see...

C.C.'s latest release is Seasons of Sorrow. I hope you take my advice and not let the subject matter deter you. Although the death of a child is a harrowing thought for any parent, the event is not the focal point of the story. The passing of Charlotte Fallon's precious son is handled quickly and thoughtfully and again, if this is a reason you might be on the fence about reading this book, don't let it hold you back. I
Pamela
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, reviewed
Jena
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-kindle-app
Where to even begin? I LOVED this book! Seriously. This has got to be one of C.C. Wood's best books yet.

Book blub: Just a few short months after her son’s birth, Charlotte Fallon faces a parent’s worst nightmare. In her darkest hour, she finds herself abandoned by her husband, Derek, left to deal with her heartbreak alone. Jobless and with very little money, she fights to regain her footing.

As the months pass, secrets her husband managed to bury are unearthed and she wonders if she ever truly
Michele McMullen
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
C.c. Wood

Five stars

I must begin by saying that I have read several of C.C. books and have enjoyed them all. I knew by the title that I was certainly in for a much different experience than in her previous work.

It was a beautiful but heartbreaking story about one woman faced with loss, tragedy and betrayal who gradually learns to live and love again. Thriving through it all because of undying friendship and unconditional love.

Charlotte or Charlie as she is called by her fiends
Monica
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am just amazed at how well this book was written. I have never experienced the loss of a child and yet reading this made me feel as if I lost something. I feel for Charlotte, after losing your child of 3 months old, heck any age...then her husband walks out on her and not for reasons that one would think. She is left to grieve for here baby alone. But her best friends Brandy and Greg are there for her every step of the way to help her heal.

I don't know what I would do if I were Charlotte but I
Kristine GPI Bookblog
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Seasons of Sorrow is beautiful and heart breaking in the best possible way. I knew walking into this story that it would be a hard subject matter from the blurb but nothing could have prevented me from feeling Charlotte's pain with heart wrenching clarity. I am not a mother, I have as yet been unable up fall pregnant despite trying almost desperately to do so. So I understand the sense of hopelessness, the desperate longing for something, that depending on your beliefs wasn't meant to be.

Dealin
Romancing Susan (Monti)
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Seasons of Sorrow is a heartbreaking story of loss and betrayal. This book is not all about sorrow but also about friendships, loyalty and love.

I have read CC Wood’s books and I can say that this by far the best from her collection. She wrote it so beautifully, that you can really feel the emotions that Charlotte went through. I love how she makes Greg the hero in Charlotte’s life and put Derek in his place.

Overall, CC did a good job with Seasons of Sorrow. Emotional but rewarding in the end.
Linda Rimer-Como
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC of this book and all I can say is WOW!! This story is one woman's emotional journey to survive her child's death and her husbands betrayal. She is on an emotional roller coaster she fears she will never escape!

CC Wood has captured the desperation, unimaginable heartache and fear with extremely well written characters and storyline. This author takes you on Charlotte's journey to hell and back with caring and dignity. You cry, laugh, but survive this beautifully written story.
Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
Such a beautiful story. Yes, the subject matter is deep but it is handled perfectly. Seasons of Sorrow is more of a story of acceptance and finding peace during the most insanely difficult of times. The bad guy is truly the worst of all possible characters…just when you think he can't get any worse…think again! The best friends are exceptional and the journey to love is lovely.

This isn't your typical romance book but the love story is a joy to read and expertly paced. Well done CC Wood. Thank y
Chrissy Sharp
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review will be posted upon release
phoebess
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Seasons of Sorrow was a beautiful story about overcoming heartbreaking loss and trying to move on. Even though there were a few parts that felt little bit boring to me, I couldn't wait to see how the story would continue and what the characters' reaction to that would be.
Malacima
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Elle
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

Seasons of Sorrow is an emotionally gripping novel about restoring your hold on life after finding yourself at rock bottom. This is by far C.C. Wood’s best book to date. I sobbed, my heart shattered, and I fought alongside Charlotte as she pieced herself back together little by little.

The story follows Charlotte Fallon as her world is demolished after one unexpected tragedy. Abandoned by her husband, she is left to cope on her own with the help of a small
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Let me just throw this out there first, and say that this is not a book I would typically read as it deals with the loss of a child but I am not sorry that I read it. You know right from the start it is going to be sad, and while it did hurt to read certain parts of the story, C.C. really did manage to make Seasons of Sorrow into a beautiful story. 4 stars.

“It hurts,” “It’s too much I can’t take it.” ………”I can’t take it.”– Charlotte
“Give it to me. I’ll take it for you.” – Greg

The story…..
Charlot
Becca
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book took me through a range of emotions. Although at times we get a peak of CC humor that we love, this is a very dramatic, emotion filled read that will leave you with a good cry or two.

What if you woke up one day and your entire life was taken from you. That's exactly what happened to Charlotte. After 8 years of marriage Charlotte and Derek have their perfect baby boy. Her perfect world turns into a nightmare when he goes to wake up Adam only to see he is not breathing. And what hurts ju
Angie
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book for the emotion and feelings I experienced while reading it. I highly recommend it to anyone who can handle the heavy subject material and wants to read about the healing powers of time and true love.

I’m a sucker for a book that rips your heart out (I know that probably makes me a bit twisted, I’ve accepted it), but this book certainly punches that ticket! Seasons of Sorrow was an emotional rollercoaster that I couldn’t be happier that I experienced. This is my 1st expos
sue
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I found this book very hard to read. My baby didn't die of SIDS but a heart defect after 3 days of living.

I did persevere with the book though as its based on a true account and the authors experiences. I thought, if she could write it, then I figured, I could read it.

I never understood how a marriage could break up over a death, however, this marriage seemed to have been on the rocks prior to anything happening as tragically as loosing a child.

I felt for this Mother every s
Book Addict Mumma
Drama – Yes and heart ache
Laughs- I didn’t laugh in this book it was a sensitive topic
Tears- Yes, I cried. It was hard not to cry when reliving Charlotte’s pain
Suspense – None for me

Seasons of Sorrow made my heart ache, such a sensitive subject but Ms Wood wrote it beautifully and really del
Book Addict Mumma
Drama – Yes and heart ache
Laughs- I didn’t laugh in this book it was a sensitive topic
Tears- Yes, I cried. It was hard not to cry when reliving Charlotte’s pain
Suspense – None for me

• Fallen For Him (Darkest Fears Trilogy, #1)
  • Twisted Oak: A Sexual Odyssey
  • And Then You
  • Sometimes Moments (Sometimes Moments, #1)
  • A Cry for Hope (Hope, #1)
  • Indecent... Exposure (Indecent, #1)
  • Happily Ever Addendum (Modern Arrangements, #3)
  • Look After You (Look After You, #1)
  • Butterfly
  • Denial
  • Vital Sign
  • Point of No Return (Point, #3)
  • StepSister Devotion I (A Stepbrother Romance, #1)
  • The Trouble with Paper Planes
  • Tantalized
  • Leverage (The Mistaken #2)
  • True (The Story of Us #1)
  • The Sweet Spot (Boston Harbor Romances, #1)
Born and raised in Texas, C.C. Wood writes saucy paranormal and contemporary romances featuring strong, sassy women and the men that love them. If you ever meet C.C. in person, keep in mind that many of her characters are based on people she knows, so anything you say or do is likely to end up in a book one day.

A self-professed hermit, C.C. loves to stay home, where she reads, writes, cooks, and w