Start by marking “Cora's Heart (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cora's Heart (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #4)

Cora's Heart

(Cypress Hollow Yarn #4)

From bestselling author, Rachael Herron, comes another funny and sexy romcom set in the sleepy Californian coastal town of Cypress Hollow.

Cora has been hurt too many times, and by one man in particular . . . Abandoned by her mother and widowed in her mid-twenties, Cora Sylvan has learned the hard way that you should take nothing in life for granted. So everything is plann
Published October 25th 2013 by HGA Publishing (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Cora's Heart, please sign up.
Bigedsgirl1 Go to the book's title and on the star rating, change it to 5 stars. You can always update your rating, anytime you please.

Start your review of Cora's Heart (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #4)
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com... Heart signals the fourth issue in American author Rachael Herron’s Cyprus Hollow series. Filled with small town musings, humour, heart and knitting, Cora’s Heart represents another engaging caper in Cyprus Hollow. Following the life of Cora Sylvan, this is a tale of beating the odds, second chance love and acceptance.

Cora’s Heart is the story of a young resident of the quaint small town of Cyprus Hollow. Cora Sylvan has suffered a great deal of tragedy a
Leigh Parrish
Jul 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was very disappointed with this book. It had a great setup & could have been really good....but the female lead was so unlikable, spent the whole book having herself a pity party and she was so ugly to the hero. I found myself wishing he'd finally put her in her place and leave her. ...more
Brenda
We first met Cora when she was sitting outside her shed, the one that she called her workshop, despondently watching the firemen mop up the fire which had destroyed her livelihood. The fire which had started through her carelessness, and destroyed all her hard work, her jams, her candles, her beautiful fleece which she had stored in there. She was distraught, but also mentally kicking herself for leaving that candle burning whilst she’d gone inside the house. She KNEW never to leave a candle bur ...more
Leah
Jul 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like where this book went. I also didn't like the characters. They were fine at first but became more unlikable as the story progressed. I did like the knitting and the seaside setting.
Jess
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Rural fiction, and romance fiction for that matter, is a thriving genre that is dominating the mainstream market currently in Australia; and with good reason. One only has to look as far as emerging authors such as Loretta Hill and Rachael Johns, or long standing authors such as Rachael Treasure, Bronwyn Parry, Helene Young and Karly Lane just to name a few, to understand why. With the widespread acceptance of romance writing as a genre and is recent popularity in Australia, it’s no wonder that ...more
MarciaB - Book Muster Down Under
The Blurb

"From bestselling author, Rachael Herron, comes another playfully seductive romantic comedy set in the sleepy town of Cypress Hollow. Cora has been hurt too many times. And by one man in particular . . .

Abandoned by her mother and widowed in her mid-twenties, Cora Sylvan has learnt the hard way that you should take nothing in life for granted. So everything is planned out to the nth degree - from how to run her farm on a shoestring, to how to survive a major earthquake. Unfortunately t
Kathy
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

A lot of old history to be plowed through in this story. I'm glad Mac and Cara finally found their happy ever after and there were light moments that made me smile. I'm left with a few unanswered questions but overall a satisfying read.
Bree T
Cora values stability more than anything. Abandoned, raised in multiple foster homes and then widowed in her twenties, the house she lives in on a parcel of land owned by her late husband’s family is precious to her. Cora gets by financially by doing anything she can. She’s gifted with a loom and knitting needles, she makes candles and cans food. She sells her creations at markets locally and carefully nurtures her animals. She can’t afford pets, so the animals she keeps must contribute, such as ...more
Moon Love
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've always been a huge fan of Rachael's writing. I fell in love with her and her characters from the first moment I read the excerpt from How to Knit a Love Song sometime in 2010. My love for her stories has not abated since then, but has grown with time. Cora's Heart is another heart warming tale that will stay with you long after you've finished the last page.

Cora is a woman I admire and would love to be myself. She's resilient and independent. She's prepared for everything but open to everyo
Angela
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
I came back to this series after some years apart, and having really enjoyed the first 3, I was excited to read this one. However, it was not a very enjoyable read. There was a lot of emotion, some fabulous familial angst. The romance however, was weak and underdeveloped. I really dislike Trixie's character, and found her rather irredeemable (view spoiler) ...more
A.T. Weaver
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
"What if ...." This has been Cora's mantra for many years. She even has a diary in which she lists all types of catastrophes. She has a storm shelter stocked with everything she'd need in case of an emergency (except an earthquake). She has made her farm into a self-sustaining business since the death of her husband. When her shed containing all of the hand-spun wool, knitting projects and canned food she intends to sell burns, she is at the end of her rope. Her life has been a series of disappo ...more
Ellen (more books, please)
Listened to Audible version.

Story trite. Misunderstandings and twists happened too often. Too, too much angst.

The narrator for this book has a very old voice. The way she voiced the hero and heroine made them seem much older than the characters were. I found myself thinking "they are too old for being this stupid."

And then the final straw was the voice for the teenage girl, who sounded like an 80-year-old man who had been drinking hard whiskey and smoking cigarettes since he was 10.

I was an hou
Janeiowa
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had not read anything by Rachael Herron before, but I will certainly read more books of hers.

Cora's Heart is an emotional story of a young woman who has had to make her own way all her life. When the book opens, she's a young widow who is doing all she can with her crafts and yarns and canning sold at a farmers' market to hold her small farm together.

I loved the storyline and her characters came alive for me. Some of those characters I loved, and a couple I wanted to shake. Not many authors
Brooke
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Oh it saddens me to have to give this one only two stars. I just did not like Cora. I tried. I hoped she would change. She didn't. She was selfish and just plain unlikable.

When it came to "the big realization," (without creating spoilers), I couldn't believe Mac's initial decision. Ridiculous and unbelievable.

I liked the previous books in the series, but was disappointed in this one.

Oh well... on to the next with fingers crossed.
Kay
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Spoiler Alert!!!!!

If you don't want any spoilers to ruin your enjoyment of this book, look away now!
Right, the reasons I o Lynn gave 3*. Number 1- I'm sorry to say this but I found the story painfully slow. There was so much repetitive introspection it became painful to keep reading it. I don't mind a book laying a good deep foundation for it's characters but it personally became too much for me.
Number2- Cora was such a beautiful, deep , lonely yet loving character, I wanted her to end up with s
Ronnae Stately
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cora is an odd duck cause she is living on land she inherited from a husband she really didn’t know. Mac is a man that has come home to Cypress Hollow to claim what is rightfully his but not in an honest way. Olivia is a girl who has know idea who she really is until the truth comes out in a way no child should find things out about themselves. Royal is a overprivileged man who thinks money can get him everything but knows it won’t get him what he wants most which is a woman that doesn’t want hi ...more
Martha
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It never grabbed my attention. I forced myself to finish reading it.
Things I liked:
Cora, the heroine, was strong, independent and extremely resilient. The setting of Cypress Hollow. The relationship between Cora and the 14 year-old Olivia. The equestrian therapy riding stables. My favorite part of the book were the quotes from Eliza Carpenter that opened each chapter. Unfortunately, she was dead!

Things I did not like:
Cora rebuffed any attempt to accept help from others even when it was offered
Carol
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touching

Not your usual romance.
Loved the differences and quirkiness of the characters.
Enjoyed reading it from start to end.
Only things I didn’t buy was Cora or more importantly her Mother in Law or her Sister not knowing about Olivia. No way a small town would have kept it secret.
Cynthia
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Cora is barely making it, but when her shed burns and some of stuff for farmers market does too. She has to figure everything out. Mac is back but he needs to talk to his mom & aunt. But there are secrets that are going to come to life.
Jewett
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Being a knitter this whole series is a great read for me. Yes, it's a romance and you know who will get the girl, but it is a great journey. The characters and the setting are well thought out and very interesting.
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series - the characters are smart, warm, very real!
Melissa Salinas
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

I absolutely loved it. So many secrets. Twists and turns. Some unexpected moments. Just an overall great story. I fell in love with the characters.
Ashley
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I can't stand main characters who worry so much. Good LAWD.
peggy
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a great book , I downloaded it on my Kindle and read it on the beach two weekends in a row. I had a hard time putting it down .
Valerie Ihsan
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Pacing was great and I enjoyed the plot. I wish I could visit these folks in real life. Small towns appeal to me and I really liked Cora. What a story she had! My goodness.
Stampaj
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read, I loved the characters and the knitting theme!
Michelle
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the depth of emotion in both main characters and their complicated past.
Nancy
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Happy story.
Denise Brennan
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I am not a knitter or a farmer. I am a human and love the personal interactions of the characters and their growing love stories. Worth my binge!
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

Loving all of the Cypress Hollow stories one is as good as the next. Intertwined yet separate stories and keeps you wanting more.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Montana Darling (Big Sky Mavericks #3)
  • Kiss a Girl in the Rain (Take a Chance, #1)
  • What Once Was Perfect (Wardham, #1)
  • The Goodbye Storm (Rough Waters, #1)
  • Saltwater Kisses (The Kisses, #1)
  • Too Tempting (The Lewis Cousins, #1)
  • Bound by Blood (Cauld Ane, #1)
  • In Deep Water (Pajaro Bay, #3)
  • Something Borrowed
  • There's Only Been You (Jamison Family, #1)
  • Crumpets and Cowpies (Baker City Brides #1)
  • Second Chances: Love in Juniper Ridge (Carver Ranch #1)
  • Montana Firefighter (Glacier Creek Book 2)
  • The Bachelor's Baby (Love in Montana, #3; Montana Born Bachelor Auction #3)
  • A Fool's Gold Wedding (Fool's Gold, #20.6)
  • Fire at Twilight (The Firefighters of Darling Bay, #1)
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • That Summer Night (Callaways, #6)

Cypress Hollow Yarn (5 books)
  • How to Knit a Love Song (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #1)
  • How to Knit a Heart Back Home (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #2)
  • Wishes and Stitches (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #3)
  • Fiona's Flame (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #5)