Start by marking “Roc Isle: The Descent” as Want to Read:
Roc Isle: The Descent

Read Book

Roc Isle: The Descent

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Roc Isle: The Descent is a heroic fantasy novel based on a tale of revenge and destiny.

It is now Year One, foretold to be the final year before The End of Roc Isle.

In the North, Lord Azure of the Azure-Cloud Clan vows revenge on those responsible for ordering the assassination of his parents. Lord Azure will invade the South in reprisal, and to rid the land of the infide
Published November 12th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Roc Isle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roc Isle

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Roc Isle: The Descent
Jonathan
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from author in exchange for a honest review.Their were times in the beginning of the book the religion side of it got to be a bit much.I persisted till the end and I am glad I did.This novel was full of action from beginning to end and there was never a dull moment.
G.J. Griffiths
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
Roc Isle is a fantasy novel that has all the usual ingredients for such a story. There are kings, queens, lords and ladies, plus of course the essential knights and their code of chivalry. For me such a tale becomes inevitably compared, at the back of my mind, with Sir Walter Scott’s Ivanhoe, and which I would recommend all would-be writers of similar fantasy novels read first. While I am not suggesting modern authors copy the rather rigid and stylised narrative and dialogue of Scott, one cannot ...more
Kayla West
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adore novels of fantasy. Stories of kings and queens, lords and ladies, knights and the honor that so defines them. And to me, any great fantasy novel has a certain feeling to it. It is an elegant feeling, a regal feeling. One that makes me sit straighter and hold my head high. One that makes me feel as if I have awakened in the land itself and have become one of its very characters. It is a feeling that is indescribable at best and which, when experienced, is never forgotten for th ...more
J.P. Wilder
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is an epic fantasy yarn, with a tried and true structure that I found comfortably familiar yet original in its own right. I have always had a love for this kind of fiction, whether Tolkien, Tad Williams, Terry Goodkind or Terry Brooks. It is where I started my love for fantasy fiction and is always welcome on my bookshelf. This book fits right in.

I have always found world-building difficult and full of landmines and quagmires. This book is set in a fully and well researched world. It i
N Parmar
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I read this awesome book. I can truly say once I picked it up I just could not put it down. The author has a unique way of taking the reader emotionally into the world of the main characters and following this journey in into their world. The environments, people and battles were described with meticulous details. I'm awaiting in anticipation for the arrival of the next novel.
John B
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alex James draws back the curtains of his imagination and invites you into the mystical, murderous world of Roc Isle. After the initial impression of a wondrous, Hobbit-like land, a sinister foreboding of what is to come soon descends.

You are then dragged in and plunged headlong into some epic - at times quite visceral - swords and sorcery clashes of clans and personal duals.

A swirling mix of power struggles, bloody revenge, honour and dishonour, shifting loyalties, love and betrayal thrust you
Yassine
Apr 25, 2014
Alex James
Nov 12, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: alex-james
Michelle & Tony
Richard Hicks
Rebecca
Nov 15, 2013
Indie Authors Mon...: R&R Alex James Book Title: Roc Isle: The Descent 1 11 Mar 15, 2016 01:29PM
I’m a science fiction/fantasy writer who lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. I’m an avid reader, of indie and traditionally published books. Most of my inspiration comes from the neurological disorder/condition Asperger Syndrome, which I am diagnosed with, and characters I create also have traits of this condition. It’s inevitable, I suppose.

I’ve been writing since 2009/2010, when I wanted to explore