Start by marking “Lily's White Lace” as Want to Read:
Lily's White Lace

Lily's White Lace

Just moments before she heads down the aisle, Lily discovers her husband-to-be, Dylan, has been cheating. Knowing she can't marry a man she can't trust, Lily leaves Dylan at the altar and heads to Oklahoma to clear her head and mend her wounded heart.

She resolves never to trust a man again. Not even Jesse, her best friend Marcy's brother. Especially since Jesse knows just

Published July 16th 2013 by Montlake Romance (first published August 1st 2001)

Kati
Sep 16, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Didn't care for this story. The banter was stiff, the dialog was stilted & felt fake at too many points throughout, the two main characters were too perfect to be real. Over all, I'm glad this book was as short as it was, given how little I could relate to the characters. Initially the author had the heroine using all sorts of southern-isms - too many, too often to seem natural, but toward the middle of the story she stopped talking that way and the dialog felt more realistic. Toward the end ...more
Jane
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: carolyn-brown
Carolyn Brown's novel, Lily's White Lace is another sweet love story. Lily is nursing her broken heart when she meets Jesse while housesitting for her friend. Lily is adamant she is through with men. None of them can be trusted. Jesse is adamant that he is a confirmed bachelor. He doesn't need a woman to tell him what to do and where to go.

And that is how things begin with these two. Lily is the city girl and Jesse is the country boy. What really happens when they are together? She has sworn she
Sanny
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Carolyn Brown is always good for a gentle Happily Ever After. No great intrigue, but good people finding their way to each other. Best of all, not too sticky sappy (D. Macomber, I am looking at you). A pleasant afternoon read.
Penny Leidecker
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another fabulous book by Carolyn Brown. Lily finds out on her wedding day that her fiancé is a cheating scoundrel. She was going to go through with the wedding, but at the last minute, she changes her mind and ousted Dylan. Marcy, her best friend, takes her to Oklahoma to get away. She meets Jesse, Marcy’s brother, but decides she doesn’t like him, lol. Grab your copy and get ready to fall in love with all the wonderful characters you will meet.
Corrine
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really like the fast pace of Carolyn Brown's books, however, all her stories are starting to sound the same.... Just change of names of people and a little twist here and there but still the same story over and over... I guess I need to sprinkle a lot more books in between.
Lschnetzler
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
A bit lackluster for me.
Diana
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unhappy Bride

Lily Winslow has resigned herself to walk down the aisle even though she knows her soon to be husband is a cheater. When she sees him so I at Dr cousin during the ceremony so gets are off. She leaves with her girlfriend from Oklahoma to house sit for her.
Jesse Freeman is a teacher and a farmer. Lily grew up on a farm and left to go to college t never return. She prefers the city now or so she thinks until gets back her roots and meets a sexy man as well.
Another fun story from one of
Veronica Lamb
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. What a pleasant and delightful change from my usual fare. You find yourself deeply curious about Lily. You form a bond with her right from the beginning and remains throughout right through the last page. Yes, I found myself rooting for Jesse. Will he win out of not. Characters rang through with a unexpected twist at the ending. Must read more by this author because I hated to say goodbye when it ended.
Rhyllis Bignell
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Lily's life is suddenly changed, when she stands up to her cheating fiance at the altar. She retreats to a small country town living in her best friend's trailer. Marcy's brother Jesse soon becomes a close friend and she slowly mends her broken heart.

Carolyn Brown's novels are perfect holiday reads, families, romance, struggles and rewards, another enjoyable novel. I'm on a roll with this author, seven in a row!
Cindy
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lily and Jesse

I really enjoyed this book about a young woman who left her fiancee at the altar and went to Oklahoma with her best friend. She stayed in her friends trailer for the summer. The friends brother looked out for her. A great romance.
Lana Page
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book for soft romance reading

I chose this book because I thoroughly enjoy Ms. Brown's writing and I enjoy reading books that are written using Texas or Oklahoma as locations. Also, the language is typical as that of the area.
Denise McLean
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Endearing

This was moire of a romantic short story which I did enjoy. It was a quick read with a typical storyline and a predictable ending. I did miss the humor associated with her characters
TRISHA
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Treasures

One never knows why fate
intervenes, but it does. Leaving her man at the altar. Running to Oklahoma with her friend. Fleeing to this area to pick up the pieces of her life, she meets a new friend..He is like a brother and ends up being her treasure.
Sharon Garvin
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good story and not all full of sex.This is a book I can give to my Grand girls I enjoyed it.

We have a private animal rescue. At the end of the day I want to read a fun happy book and this was perfect!
Tamara Ramirez
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lily’s White Lace

So sweet. Carolyn Brown’s stories always leave me with a warm and hopeful heart. I loved the characters in this story, and always feel like I know the characters in her stories like my own friends.
vicki george
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story

As an avid reader, I don't usually find love stories this sweet and refreshing. A good read!! No violence, no foul language, no sex! Wow, and it was still a good read.
Melissa
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute

Loved the story loved the characters but I didn’t like the ending well I loved who was standing with them but I think others should of been there as well. Over all a good read!!
Kathy Joyce
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good read!

Carolyn Brown writing style is fun to read, conversations between characters is fast paced, mostly believable but truly enTertaining. I enjoy a good simple love story,
Dianne Lemon
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Carolyn Brown

Have read numerous books by Carolyn Brown and have never been disappointed. Sweet love stories that I can't put down until completely finished. Love all her quirky characters. This book is no different.
Rosemary Skillman
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick read, lovely story of heartbreak and found love

Good read of being left at the alter, and rightly so. Finding love in a hick town with a guy who is everything she swore she didn't want.
Marilyn Bjorkman
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Winner!!

I've read close to every book Ms. Brown has written and this one knocked The Ladies Room clear out of my #1 favorite place. LOVED it and will add it to my library forever. Thank Mrs. B!
sherry young
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Simple love story .

I can always count on Carolyn Brown to deliver the best love story. She always delivers the sweetest love stories. Without all the cursing and the dirty love scenes. Her scenes are very sensual without being dirty. I recommend her books to all.
Diane
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This is an easy read. Lily leaves a cheater as she is saying her vows. I could just picture Jesse. Needless to say, I enjoyed the author's writing. I usually steer clear of this type of book, but i enjoyed this one.
Samantha Miller
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice easy read

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I enjoyed the writing and story line. It was very easy to read and enjoyable. While you knew how it would end there were many twists and turns keeping you on your toes to how it gets there.
ksstannard
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving Carolyn Brown romances

Jesse is everything Lily promised herself she didn't want, but their love is fated. She fights the attraction, but cannot resist.
Judith Yoder
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another sassy woman fighting love.

I love the happy ever after of Brown s books. There is always a twisted story of down home goodness. Not an urban love story. Always heart felt.
Martha J Nelson
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Just delightful!

How time flies when you have a Carolyn Brown novel in your hands. This one is just plain Old Fashion fun. Off I go to get another one. Be back in a day or so.
Kim
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love love love this author.
PATRICIA M KARCHER
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You have to read this!!

Omg!! Really good. Love, understanding, and who would love who? Find out by reading this one. You will be glad you did.
marionlouise
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great 👍 read.

Kept me interest in this book. Enjoyed the tempo. Never lagged. F. Hope others enjoy it too fresh and clean.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Wanted Man
  • Strings Attached  (The Unwanted Legacies, #1)
  • Dangerous Prey (Morgan's Mercenaries #31)
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • Watchers on the Hill (Pine Ridge Portraits #2)
  • Dark Angel (Maplecreek, #3)
  • Red River Deep
  • The Exile of Sara Stevenson
  • His Lordship's Chaperone
  • Ravage (Civil Corruption Book 4)
  • A Promise for Spring (Heart of the Prairie #3)
  • Just Pretending (The Chicago Falcons, #3)
  • Whispers of Winter (Alaskan Quest, #3)
  • Walk on the Wild Side
  • Employee Engagement 2.0: How to Motivate Your Team for High Performance (a Real-World Guide for Busy Managers)
  • Stranger At The Beach House
  • Rekindle
  • The Ezekiel Project
Hi! I'm twenty five years old and movie star gorgeous. The camera added thirty plus years and a few wrinkles. Can't trust those cameras or mirrors either. Along with bathroom scales they are notorious liars! Honestly, I am the mother of three fantastic grown children who've made me laugh and given me more story ideas than I could ever write. My husband, Charles, is my strongest supporter and my be ...more
“front of her dress somewhere” 0 likes