Start by marking “The Waking Moon” as Want to Read:
The Waking Moon

Read Book

The Waking Moon

(The Waking Moon Trilogy #1)

Paulette's life is in shambles. Her sister is dead, her mother is a drunk, and she's been forced to transfer into a chaotic public school full of bullies. Things go from bad to worse when her intoxicated mother hits and kills a teenage boy and is sent to jail.

Now Paulette is truly alone. That is until the teenage boy, Jack, mysteriously comes looking for her. Jack is conv
Published November 10th 2013 by Arrowhead Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Waking Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Waking Moon

Start your review of The Waking Moon
Morgan Blanch
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, ya-fantasy
I read this mainly because a friend recommended it to me and I can tell you this was way, way better than I thought it would be.

My first red flag was the fact that this was originally a Wattpad story. And I have no issues with fanfiction/online stories. But well, we all know Fifty Shades right? And then my second red flag was the god-awful 2012 cheesy cover. I thought this was a werewolf book because of that cover. (Spoiler alert: it's not)

But I did find myself enjoying it. The writing actually
Kelly
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very interesting book. The ending was quite emotional for me.
Connie  Bredernitz
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unusual

Not the type of book I usually read. I try to remain open to all types of books. Try this book. A interesting read.
P. Kirby
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, vampires
I'm surprised I picked this book up, given this sentence in its blurb:

But when the teenage boy mysteriously comes back from the dead looking for Paulette, she finds herself face to face with the purest love on Earth.

"Purest love?" Ugh.

But ya know what? It's not a bad read. Not awesome, but really good for the first few chapters. Paulette's plight, early in the book, is achingly realistic. Alcoholic mom, pleasant but ineffectual dad, the crushing grief of having lost her sister. Unnecessary, but
ebba
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Natalia Hatt
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book very much. It was very original but still there were some cliches. There were some spelling mistakes here and there (they should be checked) yet I think this is great for a self-pubbed book and I really enjoyed reading it.

Paulie doesn't find herself at home in her new high school. She thinks it's full of pretty girls while she isn't (though men do seem to believe she's gorgeous) and those girls are mostly bullies.
She does make a friend though, Rhodes. He's very geeky, but he'
Andrea Blythe
McGuinn presents a story with clean, crisp prose that draws you into the story from sentence one. Paulette is an interesting character, who is understandably downcast, based on the various problems she has to face. Life is rough, but she’s not so despondent as to be depressing or boring. I was definitely on her side.

The character I absolutely fell in love with, though, was the one friend she made in high school, Rhodes. He’s quirky and fun, and sticks up for Paulie. He’s kind to Paulie and thoug
Heather andrews
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The author doesn't waste anytime, or beat around the bush for the action which I really loved and appreciated! The ending I didn't really like, but I supposed it was sort of happy but I just didn't like it and I wish I could explain why but that would give it away. Rhodes he's adorable, but he's just not Jack, "I think we should, you know, hang out sometime. Maybe watch a movie at my house. My parents are pretty hands-off people." Jack I really did love him, "Jack's eyes widened. "Paulie," he wh ...more
Lisa
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!
That describes this story!
Great concept, great writing, great characters!
Paulie is a girl whose life has been turned upside down due to the death of her sister - new school, no friends, a heartbroken family. She meets Rhodes - super smart, eccentric, guy and become instant friends. Enter the event that changes lives, incredible Jack, and tons of turmoil and emotions.
I loved this story and couldn't put it down. I was so hoping for a different ending where a 2nd book would be involved, bu
Blythe
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was different. I thought the beginning was well-done. I felt the Noirs were interesting - even with so many similarities to vampires. I liked Paulette too and feel her character was well-developed. However, there were also parts that left me a bit confused. Despite that, I'd like to continue to read the series.
Michelle
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. I would give it 4 stars for originality because it was so bizarre I don't think there is much out there like it. Unfortunately, it wasn't for me. I thought the book was pretty good up until they introduced the Noirs. After that I had a hard time getting into the story. I did think the ending made sense and wrapped it up ok but overall I felt meh about the whole thing.
Lisa
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novel by an author that is new to me. The plot was interesting with plenty of action and lots of emotional impact. Paulette, Rhodes, and Jack are all well-developed characters.

The book ends on a sad but ultimately hopeful note for the future and I anticipate reading other good work from this author.
April
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The waking moon is a really well written book.I found it to be well written and very nicely portrayed. The main character Paulette is a sad but strong personality in this book she really endured alot and she survived her ordeals . This really had me on the end he with each page I read! Great fight scenes and I really felt Paulette love for her hero! Read this!
Anna
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
I read more of this book than I wanted to because it had interesting characters and hooked me in the beginning. But I couldn't get past the huge amounts of violence, and it turns out the book is in the horror genre (which I can't handle). So I gave up, but feel a bit bad about giving the book two stars, since it's really my fault, not the book's.
Chande
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book has a very different take on the walking dead. If you really like vampire books you may not like this book. But if you have an open mind you will enjoy this book. I didn't like how suicide was made to look like no big deal. That just didn't go over well with me .
Joanne McClean
Nov 29, 2013 rated it liked it
 Bella Marie
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I find it hard to remember what was all about this book but while reading it I liked it.
A little different kind of supernatural beings with the appropriate love story but not the ending you might have expecting.
Christiane Shoenhair
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really great book.

I really enjoyed this book, it had me interested from the beginning and continued to throw New twists throughout. The characters were great and I wanted to know more about them.
Karen
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
this book was amazing,but the ending pissed me off!
Giange2
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
kool
Jen Wylie
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful story. Certainly recommend it for pretty much anyone. Will certainly be looking for more from this author. Well done!
Kaci Denise Melancon
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Intense

kept me on my feet and I couldn't put it down. I loved the unexpected ending.
I want to know more.
Abbie
Apr 10, 2016 rated it liked it
There were parts that dragged slightly for me, and I felt a bit bored at times, but it was an okay read overall.
Joy
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Great story and characters. A little sad but overall it was good.
Darby
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this back when it was still on wattpad 2 years ago. I know Tj's edited it a bit since then, but I can't wait to go buy an actual paper copy of it to read, and post a more detailed review
Tasha
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was unbelievably Amazing. I have never read anything so..... there is a word I am looking for but can not seem to find
Sarah-Jane Pearce
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well that was cool! If was like a breath of fresh air reading something different. The ending was amazing and im glad it wasnt a soppy happily ever after. Fantastic :D
Shelly
rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2013
Tessa Barakat
Nov 26, 2013
This books
May 10, 2014

• Awakening (The Equinox Pact #1)
  • Catching Echoes (Reconstructionist, #1)
  • Hunted by a Jaguar (Eternal Mates, #4)
  • Dead of Night (Thorne Hill #1)
  • Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1)
  • Dark of Night (Thorne Hill, #2)
  • The Echo Trilogy Collection (Books 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, & 3)
  • Call of Night (Thorne Hill #3)
  • Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5)
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
  • The New Girl (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #2)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • It Ends with Us
  • November 9
  • The Baker's Secret
  • Kicked
  • The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
  • Dark Protector
T.J. McGuinn is a city girl, a bookworm, a film buff, and a bird lover. She once traveled overland from Colorado to Chile and back, spent time with the Tarahumara Indians of Northern Mexico, and lost herself within the community of writers and artists in the Cuban provinces.

Though she will always be a gypsy boho at heart, she now lives a relatively predictable and parasite-free life in San Franci