Start by marking “Avoiding Decisions (Avoiding, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Avoiding Decisions (Avoiding, #1.5)

Avoiding Decisions

(Avoiding #1.5)

Two Avoiding Series novellas written from Jack and Ramsey's point of views from the first time they each meet Lexi with an EXCLUSIVE first look at the intro to Avoiding Temptation!!!

Jack's POV: Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. In the bestselling novel, Avoiding Commitment, you find out why. There are two sides to every story, and Lexi doesn’t even know this
62 pages
Published November 19th 2013 (first published November 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Avoiding Decisions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avoiding Decisions

Candace
Check out more of my reviews at www.bookaddicthaven.com

After reading 'Avoiding Responsibility', I simultaneously read 'Avoiding Decisions' while listening to 'Avoiding Intimacy'. Of all the books in the series, 'Avoiding Decisions' was the only one that was not available in Audible format. I like to start and finish a series in the same format, so that kind of bugged me...but not nearly enough to keep me away. This series is my latest addiction!

Unlike the other books in the series, 'Avoiding Dec
Christy
“description"/

Avoiding Decisions is a little novella in the Avoiding series that goes through Lexi’s first meeting with Jack and Ramsey. It is written from the men’s p.o.v.

Jack. This novella reminded my why I loved Jack so much in the first book. That’s my problem. Why I hate Jack is because I know how he can be, I remember why I loved him and hate how dirty he’s done Lex. But this is the Jack I knew and loved. It’s good to see him as the good person who really tried to do the right thing and had the best int
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Still not a fan of Jack and he still needs to grow a pair. This Novella left me with a few questions the main one being....WHAT THE FRICK IS Bekah #KillTheBitch UP TO??????

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Read Jack's POV in Shades of Pink but I think Ramsey's will be very interesting...and possibly telling.

Jack's POV:

I cannot wait for the last book so I was happy to have this in the meantime. It was great reading about the affect Lexi had on Jack even though I didn't like how he couldn't break free of Danielle!

Favorite quote:

♥ "She fit into him like she was the missing puzzle piece."

Ramsey's POV:

Ugh...that's why I will NEVER be Team Ramsey! I guess what I said at the beginning is true...it is t
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
(BR with Patty)

*5 TEAM JACK Stars*

photo 458a02f2-ac40-4ddc-854b-f0d389df344f.jpg

photo 5cb5bc7d-dbf4-49f5-9190-46f9026af4f9.jpg

photo 9881d59d-d5f2-46a2-9d27-1a80a5a297ef.jpg

photo 9528d27b-75ca-4ef7-9339-e1eb1b2cdf5f.jpg

I really enjoyed getting Jack & Ramsey's POV from when they first met Lexi! With Jack it just confirmed my feelings more about how he feels about Lexi. He clearly felt something different and real from the moment he met her, and I still think he is her meant to be. This story also showed me how scared Jack is of ending up in a broken relationship like his parents.

photo 5d5d54ef-3519-498d-871e-de05ea3345ff.jpg

Ramsey's POV was the most eye opening for me. I had no idea he had someone else he was stil
Kirsty
Nov 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I'm pissed. What was the point of that?

I read Jack's POV in the anthology book (I can't remember the name off the top of my head) I downloaded recently and feel like this was exactly the same, no extras. Apparently it is supposed to have extra details but it didn't seem that way to me. I am still Team Jack but now I just think that's mainly because they are both such idiots that they deserve each other.

Ramsey's POV was also no surprise. Don't we already know that he thought Lexi looked so much
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Jack is still an ass hole...

Enough said!
I secretly still wish he wasn't...
FIVE STARS!!!!!

BR with Melissa!! <3

photo image_zpsc532beda.jpg

I've already read Jack's and Ramsey's POVs before but I feel like I get a different insight into these characters when I read them again.
I'm 100% certain that Jack is the better man after reading both POVs, side by side!!!

Jack falls for Lexi from the start, for her, no one else.
Sure he's physically attracted to her and would love to get her into his bed, but he does the honorable thing and builds a friendship with her.
The best relationships begin as friends
Michelle
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
You get two POV's in this. For those who missed the Fifty Shades of Pink with Jack's POV, you get it here. You also get Ramsey's first time meeting Lexi as well.

In addition the first chapter of Avoiding Temptation is snuck in at the back.

Let's just say that if we were to base who is the biggest douche based solely on these two POV, Ramsey wins hands down. He always seemed slick to me, but jeez, what a freaking dog. At least Jack was trying not to be a decent guy when he met Lexi.

I can't wait fo
Karen
Dec 18, 2013 rated it liked it
This was just a short glimpse into the minds of Jack and Ramsey. But I can't help getting a feel for where the author will be taking the final story. Now that she's got us pulling so hard for Ramsey... I get the feeling we are going to be changing our tune...

I didn't feel that this one had the same flow and addictive pull a the first two books, maybe I just liked being in Lexie's head better (which actually is quite hard to believe.) Anyway, I'm anxious to get to the final book, so I'm going to
Zizz
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
December 10 cannot come soon enough.

Shannon
I am a Team Jack girl..

Despite the fact, that when Avoiding Temptation comes out I can bet you EVERYTHING that Ramsey will be the one to win out, because there are a whole lot more people on Team Ramsey than Jack..

All the same I am a Team Jack Girl.

I liked hearing their POV's. Of course, i already read Jack's. I bought the series that the author along with a whole bunch of other author's did a few months ago for Breast Cancer Awareness. But I still liked reading it again. I know he isn't perfect
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
Shelves: november-2013
She is actually making Jack look good and Ramsey like an asshole.

But I think I will still choose Ramsey :)
Robin
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Stars. ***spoilers***

Avoiding Decisions contains two novellas. The first novella is told from the point of view of Jack Howard and centers around the time he met Lexi while in college. The most important take away from this story is that readers can see there is more to Jack than meets the eye. He admits to himself that he is not a cheater. Even though he knows he is not happy with his current girlfriend, he backs up his admission by fighting his feelings for and holding back with Lexi. Reader
Holly
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Gahhhhh! I'm even more torn than ever going into Avoiding Temptations as to whom Lexi should be with. Avoiding Commitment had me totally on Team Jack butttttt Avoiding Responsibility found me swaying to the Peppermint side. I mean, really? Jack lied to everyone about sleeping with Lexi at Turner field and I wanted to punch him. Here we have both Jack and Ramsey's POV's of the first time they each saw/met Lexi. *Sigh* I'm now convinced that Jack truly does love Lexi with all his heart but I want ...more
Laci
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you've read the first two none of this is a spoiler to you. (view spoiler) ...more
Jennifer Juers
I really didn't get anything more from this book except that I like Jack more only because he seems respectful.
Teresa
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
A brief novella in Jack's POV and a short scene about how Ramsay met Lexi. Being in Jack's mind in particular during the time he first met Lexi, it felt as he almost has a conscience after all (at least at the beginning). At least he contemplates multiple possible choices and he is fully aware of what is the right decent one, and which is the one that would turn him into an asshole, so I have to give it to him, there is at least some deliberation between right and wrong. Only that he always choo ...more
Jessica's Book Review
Avoiding Decisions is a short, very short novella into the mind of the two boys we love or we hate. Okay even despise; Jack and Ramsey. I knew going in the novella would be short and finished it within 45 minutes. It was only 99 cents and picked up my copy immediately after it went live on Amazon. I am on Team Jack and want this crazy bastard to redeem himself and finally be the man I know he is. I couldn’t wait to read about the moments he first met Lexi and what he was actually FEELING! He hid ...more
Mia
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a super short novella showing both Jack and Ramsey's POV of when they met Lexi.

In book 1 I was still a little unsure which 'team' I was on but now I am 100% team Ramsey! Therefore it was not fun reading about what a hold Parker still had on his thoughts even years after breaking up. The number of times Ramsey thought about fucking Lexi because she looked like Parker was irritating… I'm also annoyed at the fact that not only did he go for Lexi because she looked like Parker, but he had i
Crystal
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: general-romance
I have ALWAYS been team Ramsey, but after reading this...I just don't know anymore. I mean, I've always disliked Jack because he is shallow, cruel, and rather heartless when it comes to Lexi. I mean, how else could someone explain how he treats her??? He seems to just use her as a means to his wicked ends. Lexi obviously loves him, so I had hoped that he would straighten up during the first two books, but no such luck.

Ramsey was supposed to be different. He was supposed to care about her feelin
Claire
Nov 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I love this series but this novel was only just over 120 pages which described jacks POV when he first met Lexi and also Ramsey's POV and then the 1st chapter of the new book. I love these guys but i thought it was a bit of a waste of money to be honest as i already read Ramseys POV for free online when K A linde put it on line, And she also put some of Jacks POV on line which i also read so i didnt think i gained anything from reading it. She did put the first chapter of the new book at the end ...more
Lariza
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge, favorites
Jack and Ramsey's POVs!!! I love this series especially getting into the minds of the lovable douche Jack and the exquisitely yummy Ramsey! Both characters are a strong presence in Lexi's life! Man it's not easy picking sides, but alas I'm still Team Ramsey and I cannot wait for AT and hopefully Lexi and Ramsey's HEA!! K.A. Linde's writing rocks! This is a an amazing series that makes you feel everything the characters go through and I highly recommend it to everyone!!
Jules
Nov 12, 2013 rated it liked it
I didn't read Shades of Pink so I was glad Kyla decided to publish it separately. I enjoyed reading Jack and Ramsey's POVs but it was too short. It would have been nice to read Jack POV until he told her and to read Ramsey's reaction after he saw her at the country club.

This book put them on a level playing field. Ramsey was a douchebag. I couldn't believe how he treated that girl.

Can't wait for Avoiding Temptation! Team Jack!
Leslie
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ramsey POV VS Jack POV

I am sitting on the fence with both of these guys. Gotta admit though, Ramsey doesn't come across looking very good in this one when he first meets Lexi. Freaking Parker......

And Jack... my heart swooned for him with this POV... he really wants Lexi but is so scared and STUPID!!!!

But what made this for me was the teaser to AT!!!! As if my heart wasnt already pounding in anticipation for AT... we get this mini teaser!! Bring on December 10!!
Vibha★
Ok.So here's the thing:I'm plain confused.

I still don't like Jack but now I'm wondering about Ramsey as well..Are his feelings for Lexi just him missing Parker?Umm,I honestly have no idea.

Well,one thing's for sure...I'll be going into Avoiding Temptation really confused!

But I'm still excited! :P
Angela
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Getting Jacks and Ramsey's pov was enlightening. I knew I was on team jack for a reason! Ramsey is def too smooth and now I know why. He was attracted to Lexi because she looked like his ex.
At least Jack waited to do anything with Lexi until him and Danielle broke up.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Must admit I was a bit disappointed with this, didn't really learn anything new. The first chapter of the next book starts 2 years after the last, I hope we find out what happens in between.
Chrystal
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
OOOOHHHH!!!! Now i'm REALLY torn on who I want to be the guy in the end...........can't wait for "Avoiding Temptation"
Sara
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. This was the first time Lexi met jack and Ramsey. Plus a teaser for avoiding temptation!
  • Shades of Pink
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The End: A Dusty Futuretake (Dusty, #1.25)
  • Warmth in Ice (Find You in the Dark, #2.5)
  • Chemistry
  • Can't Have You
  • Euphoria (Book Boyfriend, #3)
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • All the Pieces (Pieces of Lies, #3)
  • Mark of the Gladiator (Warriors of Rome, #4)
  • Dirty: The Five-Part Serial Bundle (Dirty, #1-5)
  • Mountain Prey
  • Nikolai (Dark Light, #2.5)
  • Ever for You (For You, #1.5)
  • Declaration (Preservation, #3)
  • Frenemies (Girl Next Door, #2)
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Mogul (Groupie, #3)
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy n ...more

Avoiding (3 books)
  • Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding, #1)
  • Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2)
  • Avoiding Temptation (Avoiding, #3)