Start by marking “Better Deeds than Words (Words, #2)” as Want to Read:
Better Deeds than Words (Words, #2)

Better Deeds than Words (Words #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  430 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
Aubrey and Daniel’s vow to pursue their dangerous romance despite university regulations takes them down a path of secrecy and lies. With only six weeks left to the end of term, they’re under the constant watch of David Grant—Daniel’s “Dean of Students” father. If that weren’t enough to pressure them, Daniel’s checkered past also casts a shadow over the young lovers who co ...more
Published May 20th 2014 by Omnific Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Better Deeds than Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better Deeds than Words

Lucia
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Aubrey and Daniel:

Better Deeds than Words is a story about new relationship, fresh love developing under complicated circumstances. How long will Aubrey and Daniel be able to resist the temptation of being truly together?

I loved all those hot and sensual banters between the main protagonists. Chemistry between Daniel and Aubry was palpable through out the whole story. Author apllied the know idiom "forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest" and made a good use of it in this novel.

Moreover, I can'
Amy-lee Cook
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, romance
SO SO SO SO SO GOOD

I read the first book a few months ago, loved it and was heartbroken to realise that the second hadn't been released yet. So I waited.
And I waited.
I waited so long, I was afraid that the anticipation had been built up too much and that no book could hope to meet such expectations.
But I needn't have worried.

I LOVED Better Deeds than Words. Halfway through reading it, I had the undeniable urge to go to the bathroom (literally the only time I paused after starting to read it)
SeaBook
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Toto je fakt droga. Četla jsem do tří do noci a hned po probuzení tuhle dokonalost dočetla :3
Miluju tu sérii a doufám, že třetí díl vyjde co nejdříve <3
Darameganknihy
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jsem věrným a poníženým služebníkem této série a jdu na závěrečný díl. Není to nic "světoborného", ale tak skvěle napsané, že jen slintám blahem :-)) miluju asi všechny, jen ne Aarona :D
Katerina
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 "defininitely definitely" stars

O!The feelings
O!The pleasure and the pain
O!Sweet longing and desire
O!Georgina Guthrie,you gave us a book about a tender and excruciating love.

Nothing can go right for them because their stars aren't aligned.They're victims of a force more powerful than their love.

If she was going to let me catch her,it wouldn't hurt to remind her that I was there,right beside her,behind her,wherever she needed me to be.

That is the story of Daniel and Aubrey.Throughout Better De
Bookish Temptations
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Divine! Perfection!
Cinta
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
re-read 23/11 - <3

This surpassed all my expectations! It was everything and more :)

Im so grateful we're getting one more book <3
Better Deeds than Words is one of those books you can’t read fast enough, but you also don’t want it to end. It’s one of those books that you think about non-stop when you’re off doing other “real life” things. It’s one of those books you carry around with you everywhere you go and read at stop lights in the car.

In The Weight of Words you meet Daniel and Aubrey who are fighting their feelings for each other and try to find a way to navigate around the forbidden “teacher/student” dilemma. There a
Thebreakfastblog
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My thoughts:

I had been waiting for Better Deeds than Words like a child waits for Christmas morning, euphoric with anticipation. The Weight of Words had left me wanting much more of these two characters and I was so happy when I was finally able to open this book.

Review:

Oh My God!!! I need a few moments to catch my breath!!!

I absolutely love Georgina Guthrie. I am always impressed with her writing, her Words are beautiful and concise (no pun intended, well, maybe a little bit) :)

This was anothe
Alicia Prevost
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Why yes, I did read this book in a day.

It was THAT good. I just had no desire to put it down. None whatsoever. And then I finished it and had to put it down and while it was five minutes ago, I'm already sad to say goodbye to Daniel and Aubrey again.

I honestly don't think I have anything conductive to say in review of this book. I just loved every second of it. I thought it was the perfect amount of angst and worry and tension, mixed in with the perfect amount of romance and fun and everything e
Kat Bastion
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I've been waiting for Better Deeds Than Words since Guthrie first introduced me to Daniel and Aubrey and the author did not disappoint. Picking up right where the story left off, she took us on a wonderful ride into the next stage of their relationship. It was heartfelt, there was a bit of angst, clandestine encounters, and passion-filled moments. The ending was perfect. Thank you, Georgina! Spectacular book.
Anne
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a lovely book to read - the dialogue is largely well-written, the romance charming and the additional literary touches right up my street. I found Daniel's characterisation to be somewhat unbelievable at times, but I put that down to wish-fulfilment!
Monika
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tahle série u me definitivně znovu vyvolala moji knižní závislost - 2 díly, 3 dny, 7 hodin spánku :-D Brala jsem si kindla i na procházku s kočárkem. Miluju ty dva :-)

Teď třetí díl
Laurie
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Better Deeds than Words is the second book in Georgina Guthrie’s Words series. It picks up the morning after the conclusion of Weight of Words and finds Aubrey Price and Daniel Grant entering a new stage in their relationship. Because of their roles as student and teaching assistant, they cannot go public with their relationship until Aubrey’s graduation; but their attraction and affection for one another is palpable and the countdown to the day that they can truly be together feels like an eter
Kez11
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
How pleasing it is to see that good old fashioned romance is alive and well in contemporary love stories of today.

This novel is the second in the ‘Words’ series by Georgina Guthrie and it’s an absolute delightful read. If Daniel and Aubrey’s connection didn’t capture your heart in ‘Weight of Words’ it surely will in ‘Better Deeds Than Words’. The charisma between the two main characters is enchanting.

As the love story unfolds, their liaison is not without adversities. They choose to acknowledg
Stephanie
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was simply PERFECTION!!

When I got my book in the mail, I thought I was gonna savor it and read the book slowly to absorb all the words. SAVOR!? WHAT SAVOR? How wrong was I? I COULD NOT PUT THE BOOK DOWN!!! I carefully DEVOURED the whole book in ONE DAY in ONE SITTING!

Better Deeds Than Words is the second installment to The Words series, it picked up right where Book 1 ended. With just weeks of semester left for Aubrey's last semester of school, we must endured with them the days unti
Keya
3.5/4 STARS

I really liked this one compared to the first book. There was a lot more going on, like Daniel and Aubrey attempting the relationship and secondary factors getting in the way. I liked how they handled themselves and their situations which made for an enjoyable read.

There were some parts that I skim read, purely because it felt a little unnecessary. It was nice reading about a couple actually communicating instead of kissing, or having sex etc. I think it made their relationship str
Piepie
I love this series! The sequel is just as good as the first book ... both novels have proven to be "un-put down-able." I loved the sense of tension, of wondering whether or not Daniel would get in trouble of inappropriate conduct as a TA. Lots of people know his and Aubrey's secret, it seems, and I was on the edge of my seat just waiting for something bad to happen and for someone to spill the beans and for their passionate secret to come to light.

This was a beautiful, beautiful book. Daniel wa
A.P. Moraez
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-mf
This was the perfect continuation to the first book. The writing was still as perfect as before, the characters remained three-dimensional and likeable, the pace was still great and the sexual tension, intensity, as well as the romance itself, were off the charts. The waiting between Daniel and Aubrey almost killed me at some points, but the wait was totally worth it.

There are some people complaining that, sometimes, Daniel's romantic nature was just too much to be real, but people! This is fict
Raph En Goguette
I took one week to read that masterpiece.
One week because I wanted to take my time and savour every chapters. I felt sad and empty finishing it. Good books leave me sad and empty. So, I had again a lovely time with Aubrey and Daniel. And I wonder what the last part will be made of.
I should be in Toronto next month. I ll definitely go and have a look at U of T campus.

Merci pour cette jolie ballade. Encore une fois, j'ai eu l'impression d'être le temoin discret et privilégié de cette belle histo
FS Meurinne
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviews, p2p
"ARC received for honest review"

I never expected this second book to be better than the first, I was wrong, This is awesome!

Aubrey is finishing college, the anti-fraternizing policy made a black mark into Daniel's record that keeps them apart. The academic restrictions and politics are putting Aubrey and Daniel in a precarious position.

Their relationship struggles with frustration, love, lust and every emotion you can imagine, making this story an amazing read. I just think this is a masterpiece
Detroitangel
Ah, Poppet and Sailor have their moment.

4 Stars. Daniel continues to make me swoon. Throughout all the secrecy, he had pushed the line and risked his reputation along with his father's reputation. Now that his Poppet has graduated, he can love her and not feel like one false move could ruin all of their lives.
Aleen - BehindTheBookmark
I enjoyed Better Deeds (book 2) in the series more than the first installment.

End of term is near, Aubrey and Daniel have to grapple with the last 6 weeks of remaining discreet in their relationship.

Overall book was more engaging for me. Looking forward to the final book.
Ina
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5. Wonderful!
Cocktails and Books
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I can express how much I loved this effing book. I'm going to try and find the words and review this weekend. But don't wait for the review, but this one now❤❤❤❤ ...more
Clairol
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tihle dva mě pořád nějak baví.
Trixia Mae
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
CAN"T WAIT FOR BOOK 3 YEY
Hana
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fíha. Dva dny, dvě knihy. A docela bichle... ta dnešní 480 stran. Nedokážu se odtrhnout a mám čas číst. Výborně se u toho bavím, ale první díl se mi zkrátka líbil víc. Recenze již brzy na portálu Chrudimka.cz
Jana Suchá
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5*
Suzanne
May 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017, romance
Hodnocení: 2,5/5
  • Exposure
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Grave Refrain
  • Hannah Both Ways
  • Indivisible
  • Cursive
  • The Art of Appreciation
  • Forever Your Heart (The Heart, #3)
  • Live In Position
  • Skygods (Hydraulic, #2)
  • Shackled
  • The Righteous and the Wicked
  • conTEXTual roMANce
  • The Purple Heart
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • All I Want - A Tryst with a Twist
  • The Apartment (The Apartment Novels, #1)
Georgina Guthrie is a self-professed book hugger and compulsive diarist. Though GG now resides in Canada, she was born across the pond and still considers herself a Brit through and through, which may explain her frequent visits to her favourite local British import shop.

GG is often happiest when reading and writing, but she’s just as likely to be found hanging out with friends and family, almost

Words (3 books)
  • The Weight of Words (Words, #1)
  • The Truest of Words (Words, #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Like anyone would fall in love that fast. It’s the whole clichéd love-at-first-sight bit, right?” Vince said.
“So, you don’t believe in love at first sight?” I asked him.
“What, you do?” Shawn piped up.
I tapped my pen for a second. On the spot again. I could tell him my opinion on the matter was irrelevant, but I decided to pursue the question.
“I suppose that depends on a number of factors, not the least of which is knowing yourself well enough to understand what type of person you’re looking for,” I said. “If you know which qualities you admire most in someone, you’re more likely to recognize that person when you meet her…or him. I prefer to call it recognition at first sight.”
I avoided looking at Aubrey, but I had to meet her eyes as she posed another question.
“In your opinion, what are the other factors contributing to this recognition at first sight, Daniel?” she asked casually.
All eyes were on me. “Frame of mind, I suppose. There are times when you simply couldn’t fall in love if you tried because you’re not in the right place in your life. The conditions surrounding the actual meeting might also hold some sway. Certain circumstances seem to set the scene for emotional vulnerability, and you get swept away in the moment.”
2 likes
“It's okay to let people help you. You don't have to shoulder everything yourself. There are people in your life who love you and want to help you. It doesn't mean you're weak if you let them.” 1 likes