Start by marking “Better Deeds than Words (Words, #2)” as Want to Read:
Better Deeds than Words (Words, #2)

Better Deeds than Words

(Words #2)

Aubrey and Daniel’s vow to pursue their dangerous romance despite university regulations takes them down a path of secrecy and lies. With only six weeks left to the end of term, they’re under the constant watch of David Grant—Daniel’s “Dean of Students” father. If that weren’t enough to pressure them, Daniel’s checkered past also casts a shadow over the young lovers who co ...more
Published May 20th 2014 by Omnific Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Better Deeds than Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better Deeds than Words

Lucia
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Aubrey and Daniel:

Better Deeds than Words is a story about new relationship, fresh love developing under complicated circumstances. How long will Aubrey and Daniel be able to resist the temptation of being truly together?

I loved all those hot and sensual banters between the main protagonists. Chemistry between Daniel and Aubry was palpable through out the whole story. Author apllied the know idiom "forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest" and made a good use of it in this novel.

Moreover, I can'
Amy-lee Cook
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, romance
SO SO SO SO SO GOOD

I read the first book a few months ago, loved it and was heartbroken to realise that the second hadn't been released yet. So I waited.
And I waited.
I waited so long, I was afraid that the anticipation had been built up too much and that no book could hope to meet such expectations.
But I needn't have worried.

I LOVED Better Deeds than Words. Halfway through reading it, I had the undeniable urge to go to the bathroom (literally the only time I paused after starting to read it)
Katerina
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 "defininitely definitely" stars

O!The feelings
O!The pleasure and the pain
O!Sweet longing and desire
O!Georgina Guthrie,you gave us a book about a tender and excruciating love.

Nothing can go right for them because their stars aren't aligned.They're victims of a force more powerful than their love.

If she was going to let me catch her,it wouldn't hurt to remind her that I was there,right beside her,behind her,wherever she needed me to be.

That is the story of Daniel and Aubrey.Throughout Better De
Cinta
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
re-read 23/11 - <3

This surpassed all my expectations! It was everything and more :)

Im so grateful we're getting one more book <3
Better Deeds than Words is one of those books you can’t read fast enough, but you also don’t want it to end. It’s one of those books that you think about non-stop when you’re off doing other “real life” things. It’s one of those books you carry around with you everywhere you go and read at stop lights in the car.

In The Weight of Words you meet Daniel and Aubrey who are fighting their feelings for each other and try to find a way to navigate around the forbidden “teacher/student” dilemma. There a
Thebreakfastblog
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My thoughts:

I had been waiting for Better Deeds than Words like a child waits for Christmas morning, euphoric with anticipation. The Weight of Words had left me wanting much more of these two characters and I was so happy when I was finally able to open this book.

Review:

Oh My God!!! I need a few moments to catch my breath!!!

I absolutely love Georgina Guthrie. I am always impressed with her writing, her Words are beautiful and concise (no pun intended, well, maybe a little bit) :)

This was anothe
Alicia Prevost
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Why yes, I did read this book in a day.

It was THAT good. I just had no desire to put it down. None whatsoever. And then I finished it and had to put it down and while it was five minutes ago, I'm already sad to say goodbye to Daniel and Aubrey again.

I honestly don't think I have anything conductive to say in review of this book. I just loved every second of it. I thought it was the perfect amount of angst and worry and tension, mixed in with the perfect amount of romance and fun and everything e
Raph En Goguette
I took one week to read that masterpiece.
One week because I wanted to take my time and savour every chapters. I felt sad and empty finishing it. Good books leave me sad and empty. So, I had again a lovely time with Aubrey and Daniel. And I wonder what the last part will be made of.
I should be in Toronto next month. I ll definitely go and have a look at U of T campus.

Merci pour cette jolie ballade. Encore une fois, j'ai eu l'impression d'être le temoin discret et privilégié de cette belle histo
Kat Bastion
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I've been waiting for Better Deeds Than Words since Guthrie first introduced me to Daniel and Aubrey and the author did not disappoint. Picking up right where the story left off, she took us on a wonderful ride into the next stage of their relationship. It was heartfelt, there was a bit of angst, clandestine encounters, and passion-filled moments. The ending was perfect. Thank you, Georgina! Spectacular book.
Anne
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a lovely book to read - the dialogue is largely well-written, the romance charming and the additional literary touches right up my street. I found Daniel's characterisation to be somewhat unbelievable at times, but I put that down to wish-fulfilment!
Laurie
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Better Deeds than Words is the second book in Georgina Guthrie’s Words series. It picks up the morning after the conclusion of Weight of Words and finds Aubrey Price and Daniel Grant entering a new stage in their relationship. Because of their roles as student and teaching assistant, they cannot go public with their relationship until Aubrey’s graduation; but their attraction and affection for one another is palpable and the countdown to the day that they can truly be together feels like an eter
Kez11
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
How pleasing it is to see that good old fashioned romance is alive and well in contemporary love stories of today.

This novel is the second in the ‘Words’ series by Georgina Guthrie and it’s an absolute delightful read. If Daniel and Aubrey’s connection didn’t capture your heart in ‘Weight of Words’ it surely will in ‘Better Deeds Than Words’. The charisma between the two main characters is enchanting.

As the love story unfolds, their liaison is not without adversities. They choose to acknowledg
Stephanie
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was simply PERFECTION!!

When I got my book in the mail, I thought I was gonna savor it and read the book slowly to absorb all the words. SAVOR!? WHAT SAVOR? How wrong was I? I COULD NOT PUT THE BOOK DOWN!!! I carefully DEVOURED the whole book in ONE DAY in ONE SITTING!

Better Deeds Than Words is the second installment to The Words series, it picked up right where Book 1 ended. With just weeks of semester left for Aubrey's last semester of school, we must endured with them the days unti
Keya
3.5/4 STARS

I really liked this one compared to the first book. There was a lot more going on, like Daniel and Aubrey attempting the relationship and secondary factors getting in the way. I liked how they handled themselves and their situations which made for an enjoyable read.

There were some parts that I skim read, purely because it felt a little unnecessary. It was nice reading about a couple actually communicating instead of kissing, or having sex etc. I think it made their relationship str
Piepie
I love this series! The sequel is just as good as the first book ... both novels have proven to be "un-put down-able." I loved the sense of tension, of wondering whether or not Daniel would get in trouble of inappropriate conduct as a TA. Lots of people know his and Aubrey's secret, it seems, and I was on the edge of my seat just waiting for something bad to happen and for someone to spill the beans and for their passionate secret to come to light.

This was a beautiful, beautiful book. Daniel wa
A.P. Moraez
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-mf
This was the perfect continuation to the first book. The writing was still as perfect as before, the characters remained three-dimensional and likeable, the pace was still great and the sexual tension, intensity, as well as the romance itself, were off the charts. The waiting between Daniel and Aubrey almost killed me at some points, but the wait was totally worth it.

There are some people complaining that, sometimes, Daniel's romantic nature was just too much to be real, but people! This is fict
FS Meurinne
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, arc, p2p
"ARC received for honest review"

I never expected this second book to be better than the first, I was wrong, This is awesome!

Aubrey is finishing college, the anti-fraternizing policy made a black mark into Daniel's record that keeps them apart. The academic restrictions and politics are putting Aubrey and Daniel in a precarious position.

Their relationship struggles with frustration, love, lust and every emotion you can imagine, making this story an amazing read. I just think this is a masterpiece
Detroitangel
Ah, Poppet and Sailor have their moment.

4 Stars. Daniel continues to make me swoon. Throughout all the secrecy, he had pushed the line and risked his reputation along with his father's reputation. Now that his Poppet has graduated, he can love her and not feel like one false move could ruin all of their lives.
Aleen - BehindTheBookmark
I enjoyed Better Deeds (book 2) in the series more than the first installment.

End of term is near, Aubrey and Daniel have to grapple with the last 6 weeks of remaining discreet in their relationship.

Overall book was more engaging for me. Looking forward to the final book.
Cocktails and Books
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I can express how much I loved this effing book. I'm going to try and find the words and review this weekend. But don't wait for the review, but this one now❤❤❤❤ ...more
Trixia Mae
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
CAN"T WAIT FOR BOOK 3 YEY
All Romance
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it

MICHELLE'S REVIEW

Read Michelle and Pepper's Joint Review of WEIGHT OF WORDS HERE
Why do I love teacher/student romances so much????

Well I don't know the answer but I do know that this teacher/student romance has me hooked. It also helps that in this love story- Daniel's muse is Justice Joslin. Imagining that man do just about anything could bring a smile to anyone's face.

Better Deeds Than Words is book two in the story of Daniel and Aubrey. Their first book, The Weight of Words was so beautifu
Cafebiblioart
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Still good, slightly more different from Gabirle’s Inferno which is a welcomed surprise. The one thing that stayed the same is the writing style which is great because it is something special, it is elegant, it is let’s say educated. The author is not you typical woman who just wanted to write a story, it is clear that she has a certain education which is shown through the book. I know that what I just said can be interpreted, but it is not my intention to insult other authors. This was in order ...more
Sakura
Awwww! Poppet+Sailor 4Ever!! <3
“I’ve tried to see what we’re doing as morally repugnant, Aubrey, but I can’t do it. Having you here like this—just the way we are now—feels so comfortable. It feels right.”
Aubrey and Daniel are still struggling to control their passion for one another in this second book in the Words series.She’s the student. He’s her teacher’s assistant. As each day passes, they’re one step closer to being allowed to be together. They still see each other behind closed do
Katie Mech
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been desperately waiting for this book since the milisecond I finished the first book. I may have bugged the author on Twitter far more than I should have, just to find out when this book was coming out. I needed more Daniel and Aubrey. I needed more of their story. There has only been one other book that I've needed so desperately (Gabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard). And just like that book, Better Deeds Than Words did not disappoint.

What an incredible book. I loved every single mo
Anita S.
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I believe I may have failed to mention it in my book#1 review, but I can definitely state with unequivocal fact - I am completely and utterly smitten with Sailor and Poppet (and their entire supporting cast)!!! Once again I struggled hard with putting this book down, and I willingly sacrificed eating breaks and sleep so that I could get through just one more chapter!

GG’s brilliantly well written dialogue evoked from me actual audible gasps of surprise and of adoration, tears of angst and of joy,
becky (rtgirl)
You know the guy. He's so good looking it's stupid. But you already know how ridiculously smart he is, which just makes it worse. And then. THEN. He flirts. With smart words and, Lord help me, naughty promises and you just DIE of OMG-give-it-to-me-NOW!! Yes. This is Daniel. Book shelves will NEVER be the same. I mean ever. How is Aubrey supposed to wait until she is no longer his student to be able to go public with their relationship? Ugh!! But the sweetness of how they do? Love. Just love!

And
Jess Brown
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I do so want to have a walk around the campus at the University of Toronto. *sigh*

The truth will out, and it can rend lovers apart. How could a mitten cause so much heartache? And how Canadian is that?!?

New impediments plague Sailor and Poppet, but although they have to live by new rules, the passion continues to flow. And consume.

(I'd quote some Shakespeare right now, but I just don't have GG's ability to pluck an appropriate verse out of the air. She has a gift for making it relevant.)

Love thi
Madeline
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book just as much as the first book The Weight of Words. We see Sailor and Poppet continue their relationship although they must still keep a secret. Without giving too much away, we see Daniel and Aubrey grow and mature academically, and more importantly, on a personal level. Hats off to Georgina Guthrie as she continues to enrapture her fans with this wonderful love story between two people who respect and love one another enough to keep their distance for the sake of others, and ...more
Ellie  Dynek
After the will-they, won't-they drama of the first book, it was nice to get a respite from all the arguing and deception and finally see these two together (sort of). Aubrey and Daniel's relationship is so beautiful and passionate, but what I most loved is that they chose to (somewhat) forego a physical relationship in exchange for getting to know each other on a personal, intimate basis. Of course there were a few bumps along the way, and a few moments that nearly made me jump out of my seat, b ...more

• Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • Exposure
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Hannah Both Ways
  • Grave Refrain
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Shackled
  • Cursive
  • Indivisible
  • Good Ground
  • The Inspiration (Work of Art, #1)
  • Pleasures Untold (Hanaford Park, #2)
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
  • Live In Position
  • Forever Your Heart (The Heart, #3)
  • The Righteous and the Wicked
  • Irrevocable Trust (Irreparable, #1.5)
  • Little Battles (Old Wounds, #2)
Georgina Guthrie is a self-professed book hugger and compulsive diarist. Though GG now resides in Canada, she was born across the pond and still considers herself a Brit through and through, which may explain her frequent visits to her favourite local British import shop.

GG is often happiest when reading and writing, but she’s just as likely to be found hanging out with friends and family, almost

Words (3 books)
  • The Weight of Words (Words, #1)
  • The Truest of Words (Words, #3)
“Like anyone would fall in love that fast. It’s the whole clichéd love-at-first-sight bit, right?” Vince said.
“So, you don’t believe in love at first sight?” I asked him.
“What, you do?” Shawn piped up.
I tapped my pen for a second. On the spot again. I could tell him my opinion on the matter was irrelevant, but I decided to pursue the question.
“I suppose that depends on a number of factors, not the least of which is knowing yourself well enough to understand what type of person you’re looking for,” I said. “If you know which qualities you admire most in someone, you’re more likely to recognize that person when you meet her…or him. I prefer to call it recognition at first sight.”
I avoided looking at Aubrey, but I had to meet her eyes as she posed another question.
“In your opinion, what are the other factors contributing to this recognition at first sight, Daniel?” she asked casually.
All eyes were on me. “Frame of mind, I suppose. There are times when you simply couldn’t fall in love if you tried because you’re not in the right place in your life. The conditions surrounding the actual meeting might also hold some sway. Certain circumstances seem to set the scene for emotional vulnerability, and you get swept away in the moment.”
2 likes
“It's okay to let people help you. You don't have to shoulder everything yourself. There are people in your life who love you and want to help you. It doesn't mean you're weak if you let them.” 1 likes