Start by marking “Flying High (DC Super Friends)” as Want to Read:
Flying High (DC Super Friends)

Flying High (DC Super Friends: Step into Reading: Step 1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  374 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
SOMETHING STRANGE HAS happened to the birds of GOTHAM CITY. Pigeons are causing traffic jams, seagulls are making trouble at a nearby beach, and ostriches have escaped from the zoo! THE PENGUIN has enlisted his fine feathered friends to distract the DC SUPER FRIENDS while he swoops in and plucks GOTHAM’s biggest bank clean! Will BATMAN, SUPERMAN, and the other DC SUPER FRI ...more
Published May 27th 2008 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Flying High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flying High

Miloš & Brontë
Papa: So Beans, what did you think?

Miloš: I thought that...well...really Green Lantern shouldn't help Superman, but that was nice, and at the beach it's cool that they put Josephus in there.

Papa: Yeah that's one of my favourite parts too.

Miloš: I like when the Penguin robs the bank. I like that he got stopped by Batman.

Papa: Hang on.

Miloš: What?

Papa: Why did you the Penguin to lose to Batman? What's wrong with robbing a bank?

Miloš: Nothing.

Papa: Why is there nothing wrong with robbing a bank?
Darinda
A level 1 reader. A short superhero story that includes Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Superman, and Green Lantern. The villain in the story is the Penguin.
Katie Deering
Your book is ok

Gym
Chair
B

V
F

Pretty hubbub bhai b v v v v gov vCard v vv h
Martin Goranov
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
I like how Batman stoped the Pinguin from his idea to control the birds.
Angie
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis: "SOMETHING STRANGE HAS happened to the birds of GOTHAM CITY. Pigeons are causing traffic jams, seagulls are making trouble at a nearby beach, and ostriches have escaped from the zoo! THE PENGUIN has enlisted his fine feathered friends to distract the DC SUPER FRIENDS while he swoops in and plucks GOTHAM’s biggest bank clean! Will BATMAN, SUPERMAN, and the other DC SUPER FRIENDS get there in time?"

My Review: This is a great level One reader, it has simple sentences with simple and famil
Samantha
This is step 1 in the Step into Reading series. This book follows Batman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern as they fly around town helping the Gotham City from the antics of the Penguin. This is a great book to engage young boys in reading about their favorite super heroes. The text is simple and largely printed.

Merged review:

This book is an introductory to reading book level one for preschool and kindergarten readers. As stated on the back cover of the book, the font is large, the w
Jennifer  Davis
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently bought this book in a set for my 6 year old son.

The birds are going crazy in Gotham. Batman figures out that the Penguin is up to no good. The Penguin has made a machine that is upsetting all the birds, hoping that the Super Friends will remain detracted while he robs the bank. Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, The Flash, and Aquaman work together to save the day. Easy text, and great illustrations. My son needed very little help with reading this book.
Melissa
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melissa by: Jenn Drews
This is a cute and basic introduction to dc superheroes for beginner readers. The birds of Gotham City are out of control and it's up to Superman, Batman, Green Latern, etc. to restore peace - when they come upon Penguin robbing the bank! The text - and the plot - are simplistic, but I think any superhero-loving child will love testing their reading skills out with the this book.
Amy
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My nephew loves super heroes. This is his first super hero book, and boy, did we read this one a lot! I appreciated that this book wasn't a traditional comic book, but instead an early reader in traditional early reader style format. This was a great merger of the super hero tale he wants, and the early reader book format that I want.
Jake
Aug 13, 2008 added it
Shelves: books-we-own
For some random reason, I drive mommy crazy requesting she read this book multiple times a night. Mommy doesn't understand why Batman and Superman would be hanging out (along with the 3 other guys) . . . wouldn't it make more sense to split up and help more cities? If the super heroes are SUPER, they don't really need to tag team. Or so mom says.
jacky
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: early-reader
Natalie really likes superheroes, but finding nonviolent stories is a little tricky. This one did a pretty good job. It focused on her favorite (Batman) and kept things simple. Not sure she understood about robbing the bank, though.
Beth
Normally with the kids books, I don't pay much attention to plot, especially with these early readers. This one was just plain goofy with the birds distracting the Super Friends. But superheroes are my son's favorite thing right now. So he loved it and I laughed at how bad it was.
May 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
It just lacked.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
A superhero book that is engaging and fun for kiddos learning to read.

My son was disappointed that the bad guy was not on the cover, lol.
Danny
May 01, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Given to us by Eric and Whitney. The boys aren't quite up to comic book heroes.
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for my son who loves superheros and is working on his reading skills!
John Yelverton
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and fun little reader to get children interested in reading through their favorite super-heroes.
Sarah Adamson
A very basic book about the DC superheroes. Meant for early readers and includes not many words yet a lot of complex words!! So bit bizarre.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Perfect for my K and 1 friends! This super hero early reader is really going to be a hit! Sparse on story, but the super hero characters will be loved by the boys!!!
Todd Stansbury
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun little kids book.
Sharon
Feeds into Danny's current obsession with super heroes. He runs around the house yelling, "Spiderman (or Super Hero of the day) saves the day!" A hand-me-down from the cousins, I believe.
Jennifer Weibel
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Heather Jo
Cameron Mena
Mar 11, 2013
Cynthia Chadwick
May 02, 2017
  • Batman: Meet the Super Heroes (I Can Read)
  • Star Wars: What Is A Wookiee? (DK Readers)
  • Lego DC Super Heroes: Ready for Action! (DK Readers)
  • The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat
  • 5-Minute Marvel Stories
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Watch Out for Jabba the Hutt! (DK Readers Level 1)
  • I'm a Big Brother
  • Thomas Goes Fishing (Thomas & Friends)
  • Wonder Woman Classic: I Am Wonder Woman
  • Smash Trash! (Disney/Pixar: WALL-E: Step into Reading Step 1)
  • Old, New, Red, Blue! (Step into Reading) (Cars movie tie in)
  • Driving Buddies
  • Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere!
  • "Stand Back," Said the Elephant, "I'm Going to Sneeze!"
  • Star Wars: Journey Through Space
  • Eeyore, Be Happy ((A Little Golden Book) (Walt Disney's Winnie the Pooh))
  • Biscuit Finds a Friend