Start by marking “Finding Her Voice” as Want to Read:
Finding Her Voice

Finding Her Voice

Jennifer has the perfect life -- a loving husband, a beautiful daughter, a flexible job in the family business. When a heart-stopping accident takes it all from her, Jen struggles to survive her days alone. No one else understands, expecting her to "get over" her grief.
Ollie, her daughter's rescued dog, is the only one who shares her grief and lives her pain. When divorc
Published October 23rd 2013 by Desert Breeze Publishing, Incorporated (first published July 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Her Voice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Her Voice

Start your review of Finding Her Voice
Tina Pinson
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Swing me higher, daddy. Higher," Trudy Van Pelt sucked a breath as her father Brian gave the swing another push. Her mother Jennifer looked on with a smile as her daughter flew through the air squealing excitedly. It was beautiful day for play.

The squeals of laughter turned to cries of fear, and in one motion, fun turned to horror as Trudy flew from her seat and landed on the ground with a heart wrenching thud.

Then there was silence.

Jennifer never thought it possible, but by the time the day w
Shirley Connolly
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What does one do when everything begins to go wrong? Finding Her Voice is a heart wrenching story about a young couple with a sweet young daughter, who soon learn what it really means to have to deal with tragedy from the first page. When they learn of the death of their daughter, not only are two hearts broken, neither are able to find a way to heal and go on. Not able to cope together the couple ends up in divorce, they also lose their home, and Jennifer, the mother, struggling miserably with ...more
Terry
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads-won
I received this book from Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest review.

Jennifer watches as her beloved 5 year old daughter dies from a fall from a backyard swing. She is immediately plunged into the world of painful grief. Her marriage ends and she decides to go on a road trip with her daughter's faithful dog, Ollie, to visit an old friend. Along the way, she connects with an online grief group composed of parents who have also lost children.

My daughter died 24 years ago at the age of
Lynette Endicott
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me
This is a clear shift to a Christian romance; the first two books in the series had some spiritual elements but were not so clearly Christian. Joy's deceased husband appears to her in dreams, calling her to the cabin they had designed but she had never seen. With their daughter and his mother, she travels to Santa Fe, New Mexico, to learn what Steve wants her to know about his death, and to begin to wake up to life again. ...more
tracy
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although this book had a sad beginning, I love the message of hope that it goes on to provide. Definitely worth the read. received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Ali
Dec 20, 2018
Elizabeth
rated it did not like it
Lynette Endicott
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me
Michele
Kimber Burnett
Carolyn
Aug 20, 2014
I was 14 when the editor of our church's publishing house taught a journalism class at church camp. My Dad took the photos, so it was easy to write and illustrate an article about an event that week. The editor added in excerpts from the other kids in the class and my first article was accepted for publication. Through the next four years, eleven more were published. I had encountered my dream - t ...more

News & Interviews