Start by marking “Cooking Class: 57 Fun Recipes Kids Will Love to Make (and Eat!)” as Want to Read:
Cooking Class: 57 Fun Recipes Kids Will Love to Make (and Eat!)

Cooking Class: 57 Fun Recipes Kids Will Love to Make (and Eat!)

This fresh, fun cookbook for kids ages 6 to 12 explains basic cooking techniques in kid-friendly language and offers recipes for making dozens of favorite foods from scratch, including French toast, granola, pancakes, sandwiches, smoothies, muffins, biscuits, applesauce, fruit leather, goldfish crackers, tortilla chips, Buffalo chicken fingers, pizza, sushi California roll

Spiral-bound, 144 pages
Published March 10th 2015 by Storey Publishing, LLC (first published September 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Cooking Class, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cooking Class

Start your review of Cooking Class: 57 Fun Recipes Kids Will Love to Make (and Eat!)
Great Books
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ages-9-11
Learn to cook with step-by-step photo instructions for easy breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack items featuring fresh and healthy ingredients and creative presentations. Recipes range from favorites such as pancakes and pizza to the more advanced crepes and egg rolls.
Reviewer 20
Bridgett
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, we got this book for review. My kids are all teenagers now and one adult (14, 18 and 21). All of them know how to cook. I started to teach them when they were still little. We always had fun in the kitchen and they know how to make things from scratch and how important fresh ingredients are.
So when the book arrived, at first I thought oh well, just something I have to read through. Then my kids got a hold of it and started to really get into the swing of things. They loved it!
They picked ou
Sandra Noel
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a firm believer in teaching kids to cook, and this is a great cookbook for doing just that! It's well and good to teach one on one familiar dishes; I think kids need to learn how to cook WITHOUT a recipe all the time, but they also need to learn how to cook from a recipe as well. One of my daughters just turned 13 yesterday and is passionate about learning to cook. This book works great for her as well as my younger daughter. It covers beginning cooking instructions, breakfast, lunch, snack ...more
Brindi Michele
this is EXCELLENT!!!!! probably the BEST cookbook for kids I have come across. features plenty of tips, fun facts, and healthy food kids will actually eat. cute layout with bonus stickers and recipe cards in the back.
Nicole
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is hands-down the best kids cookbook I've come across.

The recipes are things my kids (and any kid I've ever known) would be happy to make and eat. The ingredients are simple and easy-to-find. There are (colorful and fun) pictures for every recipe plus step-by-step photos for almost everything. There are tons of healthy foods in here but none of it looks like boring health food. There really is a lot of helpful information for beginner cooks. There's fun extras as well, like how to fold a "
Elaine Bearden
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booktalking
gr3-5
This would be so fun to booktalk. Very clever little food projects for kids to make, and they are visually appealing without the perfection of DK that makes you think you can never compare. It is a spiral spine which is good for cooking, but bad for libraries. Nonetheless, the kids would love the recipes which nicely range from easy to a little harder to allow entrance points for many different levels. I haven't seen a children's cookbook I've liked so much in a long time.
Maria
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Got this from the library but we loved it so much we might have to buy it. Great simple recipes for kids !
Kiran
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was certainly delightful. I love cooking and this book was amaswome ( amazing + awesome ) . So I pretty much love this book.
Danielle Mccoy
Jun 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Good easy recipes to make with kids. I want to try the quiche cupcakes and the corn and black bean salad. Got it from Hennipin county.
Bethany
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful cooking book for children! Provides great instructions and photos. Plus the recipes are innovative but healthy. Great for gift giving for the inspiring chef.
Karol
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic resource!
Recipes range from simple to more advanced.
Includes basic kitchen rules, safety when working with sharp objects and heat, prep work and cooking terms.
Also includes how to set a table, fold a fancy napkin and separate an egg.
PDF downloads are available for labels, stickers, place cards and recipe cards.
Bright and engaging.
Cris
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fifty-seven recipes that children can easily make along with tips to assist in the kitchen! This great starter cookbook gives you an introduction to breakfast, lunch, dinner and everyone’s favorite, dessert! This would be a great gift to give a child and in return they learn to cook and bake, which helps you! I will be purchasing one for my home collection!
Micki
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for kids and family cooking

I love this kid's cookbook. Unlike many cookbooks for kids this one provides basic and useful recipes that a kid could easily learn and build on. There are great pictures and clear instructions. I especially liked the ideas after the recipes that demonstrated some options to change up or add on to the basic recipe.
Mari McR
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has tips and recipes that even adults would use! My tween loves this book and wants to make recipes for friends and family over Labor Day weekend. We are going to start easy with the chocolate-covered strawberries.
TheGreatEscape1
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I got this book as my first cookbook. It was a fabulous book that I use over and over again. I recommend to new chefs. However, it did not clarify whether the dry ingredients had to be scooped in or leveled.
Suzanne Hauser
Bought hard copy. Tons of easy to make recipes for my 12 year old. Super yummy too!
Acacia
Roarke liked this book. We did some recipes together. Some were too simple and not truly recipes but others were great for us to do together. it was fun for a 6-year-old
AnastaK
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: coocking
Best cookbook for kids! Good and easy recipes wit step-by-step photos.
Jessica Haider
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, cookbook
This cook book was on NPR's list of best children's books of 2015. While this is a super fun cook book targeted at kids, there isn't much in here that my super picky 6 year old would eat. But then again, for that, I would need a cook book that teaches kids how to make their own cheese sandwich, cheese pizza, or mac & cheese. (boy loves his cheese, but not much else!).

The recipes are something that kids as young as 4 or 5 could likely make with some help or supervision.
Debbie Wright
Mar 14, 2020
Hillary
Sep 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Kid Chef: The Foodie Kids Cookbook: Healthy Recipes and Culinary Skills for the New Cook in the Kitchen
  • The Green Ember (The Green Ember, #1)
  • The Vanderbeekers Lost and Found (The Vanderbeekers, #4)
  • Sewing School ® 2: Lessons in Machine Sewing; 20 Projects Kids Will Love to Make
  • Sewing School ®: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love to Make
  • Mr. Dickens and His Carol
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)
  • Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters
  • Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions For Kids
  • Grumpy Cat's First Worst Christmas (Grumpy Cat)
  • Retrosexual (Frisky Beavers #0.5; Quickies #1)
  • The Rats in the Walls
  • The Beast and the Bethany
  • Sacrificed to the Dragon (Stonefire Dragons, #1)
  • The 99% Invisible City: A Field Guide to the Hidden World of Everyday Design