Start by marking “The Groom (Altar-ed Destinies, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Groom (Altar-ed Destinies, #2)

(Altar-ed Destinies #2)

When Lyle Cummings is left standing at the altar on his wedding day, all of his carefully composed plans for the future come crashing down around him. The pragmatic doctor is left questioning his well-ordered existence and wondering if there isn't more to life than the achievements of wealth and career. When he meets Katrina Giordano, a fiery lounge singer with more passio ...more
Published November 26th 2013 by Bk Publishing Trust T/A Bottom Drawer Publications (first published October 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Groom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Groom

Start your review of The Groom (Altar-ed Destinies, #2)
Didi
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was a sweet and short read! It was very star-crossed-ish, with a bit of mafia flavour. Lyle was a sweet but stunted man. Being a prominent cardiothoracic surgeon, he lived his life according to set rules and plans, but it all came for nothing after being left at the alter by his bride-to-be. He seeks solace in liquid courage at Parson's Bar&Grill, where the nightly entertainment is a fiery, seductive lounge singer.

She soothes his battered soul and makes him forget if only fo
Gaele
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Poor Lyle: two years of devoting himself to a woman who left him at the altar for her ex-husband. It’s no wonder that this ‘by the book’ Type A cardiothoracic surgeon is in need of a drink, or ten. Fortunately his dazed wandering led him into Parson’s Bar and Grill, where he found ample scotch, a sympathetic bartender with ice for his battered hand, and a singer that lit up his soul.

Katrina has the voice of a seductress, the body of a temptress and the face that captivated Lyle from the moment
Deloris
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are so many I/R books written and the dominant part of the story is the sex between the H/H. I loved this story because this is a story about two people falling in love . The sex is not the story but they do make love. Lyle falls in love with Katrina and the author allows us to watch it happen.
Mary Myers-Huff Barscz
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mary
As a fan of Elise Marion's I was super excited to read this book! I was not let down, Lyle's story is one full of heartache and excitement.
Left at the alter and not sure what to do, drinking seems to be the best option.
Katrina is a singer with a very tortured past. Is it possible for two people to come from different places and heal each other?
You'll have to read The Groom to find that answer. I laughed, I yelled and I cried while reading this. It is one of the very best romanc
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

This opposites-attract story packs a powerful and unexpected emotional punch!

Read full review in the 2014 February issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Genney Blass
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars. Lyle story was so sad, felt bad for him. I can't believe that is another cliffhanger. First time, I read something from this author and honestly I truly enjoy this book. Can't wait for the next. kudos to the author. Please, I need to know what happens next.
Renee Watson Butler
Captivating read. There is draw to Lyle and Katrina that make this an intriguing ready found myself rooting for Lyle to get the woman he loved by any means necessary. Awesome tribute to a character rebounding with the intent to build on his person characteristics as he loves again.
Sophia
A little while ago, I had the opportunity to read a free short story about a man who desperately wanted to win his ex-wife back and it came down to the wire at the wedding itself. The story finished with him of course getting his Happily Ever After. I couldn't quite get totally excited for him because in the process of getting his Ex back right at the alter no less, a very worthy man who had done nothing wrong had been left at the altar. So with that in mind, it pleased me to no end to discover ...more
Krystyn
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute love story

The Groom reminds me so much of the movie Along Came Polly with a bit of a mob twist! The effect the two main characters have on each other is funny, sweet, cute, and amazing. The story had an interesting twist with the addition of the mob and everything that goes with that. Overall, the story was very enjoyable and I am excited to see the next one come to audio!

The narration was good. Logan did a great job bringing different, unique voices to each of the c
Sam
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: male-female, bdp
I seriously loved this story!
Ashley
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, singer, doctor
This was a really good book.
I loved the characters, the ending left me wanting a sequel.
Bette H
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Doctor💘Wild Kat! Great Audible Listen🎧

Altar-ed Destinies, Book 2
By: Elise Marion
Narrated by: Logan McAllister

This is my first book by Elise Marion and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is well written and well told, with original storylines that are interesting and engrossing. Characters are complex and well developed. After being dumped at the altar Dr. Lyle Cummings is left with a broken heart and goes to drink his sorrows away at Parson's Bar.
Kathy Tozzi
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Alter-ed Destinies #2
Elise Marion

Lyle Cummings – Heart Surgeon and Jilted Groom
Katrina Giordano – Lounge Singer/ Bartender
Lyle was having the worst day of his life, his brides ex husband crashed his wedding and took his bride to be.
While drowning his sorrows at a local bar, his mind and soul were both soothed and awakened by the most beautiful voice he has ever heard.
The voice belonged to the cute bubbly bartender, he was mesmerized. Unkno
Amanda
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I listened to this as an audiobook, and you don't need to listen to any other books in this series to enjoy this book. I haven't read the first book, though I am interested in other stories by this author.

The story does stand alone and wrap up at the end, but I liked the supporting characters so much that I'm interested in hearing their stories. I have mixed feelings about the ex-fiance's story, but I think it's a creative twist so I will probably check it out.

I would rec
Jenna
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook version of this book.

I liked how each character had something they needed to overcome. They were definitely opposites in all aspects which is often neat to see. The love story itself feels more realistic than many, there was plenty of room for Lyle and Katrina's love to flourish and it wasn't just all about sex. I liked that the author really took the time to build the chemistry and the characters. There are some sad moments and a couple of mafia style twists that ma
Frances
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story of two people who really have nothing in common, but deep down want the same things, to love and be loved. I really liked the characters and was happy to see Lyle especially get his HEA after being dumped at the alter previously by his fiance. Katrina was a feisty character with a lot of past demons including some heartbreaking things that happened to her in the past, but her outlook on life was sunny despite all that she's been through. I LOVED the epilogue
Nicole Dunton
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. It was very wholesome and encouraging. I also loved the dark and dangerous undertones. The thrill of the chase and fear so to speak. I just wanted to keep reading. I didn't want to stop. I didn't read the first book, but now I want to just to have some answers about the beginning of the book.

There are parts that I feel were too rushed over. I kind of wanted a little more build up in certain parts, but it was very good either way. The narrator did a great job with the book
Carol
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one even better than the first in the series (The ex-wife's wedding). It starts out the day Lyle gets jilted at the alter - he's in a bar drowning his sorrows when the singer (Katrina) catches his attention. He is just enraptured by her. He keeps coming back and finally meets her when she gets mugged by a rival mob family and he stops it. They slowly get to know each other. In the beginning of the book, you really feel for Lyle. Near the end, I was in tears at all what was happening in ...more
Jutta
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The characters in this felt so real that I really cared about what was going to happen to them. I shouted at them and their decisions a couple of times, and I laughed with them. It mattered to me. I loved following their relationship and how it built and changed.

I love Logan McAllister's voice, it's very easy to tell which character is which with him once they have been established. I settled so quickly listening to him. He really brought the book to life.
Tanya
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He has everything and is standing at the altar waiting for his bride but she does not turn up. Now he is left wondering what is going on. He then meets a singer who shows him a different way to live but she has a dark past. Will it ruin their future? See if it will

Jeanne Richardson
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book I’ve read written by Elise Marion; she has done a good job at writing a good book. I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Andrea
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poor Lyle he really went through the ringer. I truly felt for the guy. I liked how the author realistically portrayed his pain and anguish without glossing over what happened to him. He and Katrina had a nice slow burn that was moving in parts.

Carol
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had it all, the emotions, hot steamy, sexy, suspense, trouble and a dark past. The storyline and the characters pull you in and keep your interest through the whole book. I enjoyed the characters as the came to life and made you feel for them like you knew them. I recommend it to all. I received it from booksprout and voluntarily left my review.
Irene Langston-Butler
I enjoyed this story about Lyle and Katrina. They each has baggage that they need to overcome to be together. He was jilted at the alter and she is singer at a bar and her father is head of the mafia. Their story is well written and believable. Recieved a ARC copy and am voluntarily leaving this review. Recommend this book and looking forward to the next one.
Barbara
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Altar-ed Destinies series is a well-written story that held my attention through out. Lyle and Katrina have things in their pasts that they must overcome to be able to move forward. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
janet havrilla
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful contemporary romance with some suspense thrown in to spice it up. A joy to read and you fall in love with the characters almost immediately. If I say anymore I will give it all away and I don't want to do that. Great book to lose yourself in.
Catherine Geist
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspence

This was a well written book with an interesting storyline. It was full of action & a lot of suspencewith some sadness & a lot of love.It also makes the point that it isn't what your family is, but what you make of your life.A very exciting & enjoyable read.
Susan Sunderlin
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this audible. The narration is perfect with Logan McAllister.
The story was engaging and fraught with anxiety and great story line.
The two protagonists are seemingly diametrically opposites but the chemistry between them really works
@audiobookobsession
Moonreader62
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing romance story, engaging chemistry with the characters. Good well-written book. It was a pleasured to read and review it.

• My Life As A Pop Album (My Life as an Album #2)
  • New Orleans Rush
  • Little Miss Perfect
  • Nectar and Ambrosia
  • Exhale and Move On
  • Balance (Off Balance, #1)
  • My Life As A Country Album (My Life as an Album #1)
  • Accidental Groom
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • Reignite (Curvy Seduction Saga Book 3)
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • Fluffy
  • The Other Princess (Aces High MC - Charleston Book 1)
  • Blinded (Elkridge #1)
  • Blood Laws (Immortal Curse #1)
  • Mine
  • Vested Interest (The Code, #1)
  • Daughter of Death (Dark Provenance)
Elise Marion is a lover books and has a special place in her heart for sweet and sensual romance. Writing about love across all walks of life is her passion, as is reaching people through the written word. The Army wife and stay-at-home mother of two spends most of her time taking care of her children. Her second job includes writing stories about characters that people can fall in love with. When ...more

Altar-ed Destinies (2 books)
  • My Ex-Wife's Wedding (Altar-ed Destinies, #1)