Start by marking “Dancing the River Lightly” as Want to Read:
Dancing the River Lightly

Dancing the River Lightly

River. Dog. Storm. Cop. Rubber boots. Old man. Gay man. Two Mormons. Blackmail. Cascade Mountains. San Juan Islands. Trees by the truckload. Oreo cookies. More storms. Tennessee whiskey. Magic mushrooms. Thunder and lightning. A cameo or two by God.

And they dare to call it fiction...
Paperback, 2nd edition, 366 pages
Published November 9th 2013 by Booth & Bohn Press (first published August 30th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing the River Lightly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing the River Lightly

Start your review of Dancing the River Lightly
Phil Williams
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I hadn't really expected much when I started reading this book. The cover art makes one assume this is a 'nature' novel. One of those outdoorsy books about people getting back to the land. But Dancing The River Lightly is as much a guide to the outdoors as Stephen King's The Shining is a 'how to' book on running a hotel.

Dancing tells the story of a diverse group of people who become caught in a storm, both the literal type with wind and rain, and one of their own creation. There is a gay man wh
Mad Giles (Giles A. Madding)
A Dance You May Never Wish To End

Who could resist a book that promises whiskey, magic mushrooms, and a cameo or two by god?

This was one of the more surprising and enjoyable reading experiences that I have had in months, I only wish that there were more than five stars to give it. Don’t even mind the lack of sleep caused by a reoccurrence of the ‘just one more chapter and then bed’ syndrome of mine.

With the skill of a master craftsman, the author weaves together the lives of an eclectic casts of
Colleen
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jan
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The characters in this book were believable that it was not hard to imagine them.

I really like the way each character came to the realization of their short comings, phobias or fears, except one of course, Benjamin, and then there was the storm. I think we all need a storm, or whatever form you would like to term it, in our life to make us realize what is really important.

In the description of the book it says that God may make an appearance or two and this would scare of some, but for me that
Kathy Dickinson
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dancing the river lightly is like warm cookies & milk for the soul. This book touched me on so many different levels. By the time I finished this book I felt so much peace come over me. God has a wonderful sense of humor, & is always showing us the way & sometimes has to get loud to get our attention. Loved this book! I won this book on goodreads.com. Thanks Mr. Sheldon! ...more
Liz
Nov 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An especially fun read if you've lived in NW Washington state.
Ssolnica