Start by marking “The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller” as Want to Read:
The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller

The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller (Chosen Paths #1)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  4,936 Ratings  ·  802 Reviews
*****#1 Bestseller in Amazon Inspirational Romance*****

"As long as you continue to travel through life in this darkness, you will never know how beautiful your light truly shines when you let yourself love and be loved. Trust me when I say, it's a breathtaking sight to see. You burn as bright as the sun."

When Aubrey Miller begins her education at Titan University, she is n
Published April 23rd 2014 by L.B. Simmons

Aestas Book Blog
Mar 26, 2014 Aestas Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

I loved every single word of this beautifully written, profound, and powerfully uplifting story. LB Simmons has written a stunning novel that explores the unbreakable bonds of friendship, the healing power of love, and the strength in finding a way to believe yourself in even the darkest of times. This is the kind of story that will grab your heart and never let it go.

A must-read for everyone!!

Every once in a while, you come across a book that truly speaks to your heart, th
Christy
4.25 stars!

photo 7E132CAA-60CB-477C-8E79-2D61482AE0A4_zpsvujoehn3.jpg

“Beautiful people tend to be ugly, ugly people tend to be beautiful, storms tend to brew below a person’s cool, calm exterior, and tremendously happy people tend to be overcompensating for their own grief. Nothing is ever really what it seems.”
There was a lot I loved about this book. A LOT. I love that it made me think, made me feel, and I loved the growth that all three of the main characters showed. Their love and friendships were unwavering. This book is so much more than a ro
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
It's LIVE!!!

6 STARS!!!

Think Ten Tiny Breaths + I Love You to Death + Ruin + dose of L.B. Simmons magical writing style and quirky humor = this gorgeously written story that’s nothing short of extraordinary. I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!

description

I’m selfish. You see, I’m writing this review a month ahead of its release date, meaning I got to bask in the pure awesomeness of this book while most of you...have not. Lol. But that’s okay...mark those calendars for April 25! History will be made on that day I say!

Now o
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 31, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing
description

This is a well told story that will have readers, swooning, crying and rejoicing in Raven/Aubrey's journey through her struggles and strides during her four years of college.

Tremendous loss has given life to Raven (Aubrey's people repelling persona) used to keep love and loss away. Once Aubrey meets her roommate and her Boarding Buddy the persona of Raven starts to slowly fall.

Through four years of college Aubrey finds her soul mate, best friend and mentor. When death comes to claim another of
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5--Sunshine--Stars!

I was originally only going to fill 4 stars on this one.....but I loved the ending. So....five stars it is!

This was a really good read. A bit on the heavy and sad side....reminded me of a cross between I Love You to Death and Left Drowning.

Aubrey Miller is gone. She disappeared at 8 years old when she was forced to say goodbye to her best friend Kaelab and go live with her guardian Linda. Aubrey's 8 year old life was full of pain and sorrow.

Aubrey grew up fearing death.

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
*Kindle freebie 3/18/16...*

A lot of horrible things happened to Aubrey/Raven. Aubrey is who she was before and Raven is who she is now. Her new name and persona helps her deal with those horrible things...or does it?

There is a warning for this book regarding the horrible things and that's a good thing because then you know what you're dealing with. But...the thing I liked about the book is really the message of hope...that there are good things too if you let yourself be open to them.

Aubrey/Rav
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
DNF at 67%

If there is anything, ANYTHING that drives me the most batshit crazy, it's manufactured drama. I can deal with angst, in fact, I crave it in most books, but when the level of angst, suffering, drama, is just so heavy in the plot of a story that it becomes UNBELIEVABLE, I give up. And that's the case here.

photo 81B2C84C-6105-4096-B580-C15588B1FFF8_zpsmnmloyyy.gif

The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller started out strong for me. A very lonely, scarred college freshman that's endured so much loss, she's actually blamed herself for it. Everyone close
Brandi
4.5 Stars

description

The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller is an emotionally charged story about finding the light at the end of the tunnel. A beautiful message surrounded by sweet romance, friendship, family, drama, and loss.

“I am death. And I bring it to all who love me.”

Aubrey has experienced extreme loss. The trauma she has suffered has left it's mark on her fragile young mind. Blaming herself for every loss that has touched her life, she is consumed by guilt. So she creates Raven - black hair, cat eye
Jasmine
6 SUN AND MOON STARS! ★★★★★★

"My name is Aubrey Miller, or Raven Miller, depending on what part of my life I'm referencing, and this is my story."

I just wanted to curl up in my bed for the entire rest of my day after putting this one down. It caused a riot of my emotions & not to mentioned, my box of Kleenex fell victim to my ugly crying while going through this one. This was like Sea of Tranquillity meets Hopeless and entered into a threesome with Ten Tiny Breaths. ALL which sums up to my
Beverly
Mar 29, 2016 Beverly rated it really liked it
Aubrey Miller is a broken girl, who has completed isolated herself from others. She is terrified to truly live her life, but begins to come out of her shell more when she goes to college.

She ends up meeting a girl who is her complete opposite at first glance and a guy who just so happens to be her childhood best friend. I loved that little twist and the dynamic these three brought to the table. I love how they all grew throughout the story and how they forged this incredible bond.

"I'll help
Harriet ~ bookworm
Apr 26, 2014 Harriet ~ bookworm rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF AT 30%!!

Because I DNF I will just leave this short but it wont be sweet!

After seeing all the 5 star reviews I was excited to start, I'm glad my Gr friends enjoyed this but this is my opinion and for me it did not work. I really felt ready for a sad, depressing type of book. What I wasn't expecting was how bloody boring it would be.

Nothing was happening.. Every chapter was so short and nothing to it. I tried and tried but I knew if I kept going this would just not get any better for me.

Th
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 incredible, amazing stars!!

“The simplicity of living astounds me. But it’s the terror of death that devours me.”

This book is truly something special. I loved it, and I have a feeling that it will stick with me for a very long time. It reminded me a lot of the book I Love You to Death by Natalie Ward, but both have very different heroines in it.

“I hope that one day you’ll find that source of light and let it heal you, too. Because if you do, it will illuminate your path and eventually
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“I’ll help you get lost any time, Sunshine. The only deal is you have to promise to come back. I never want to lose you again.”

As I write this review, my heart is bursting at the seams from what I can only call ‘book junkie nirvana’. But let me make a little confession first. This is a book that I was reluctant to read for so long, or better, I was terrified of it. I mistakenly perceived it as a predominantly gloomy, even morbid story that would end up affecting me negatively and make me exp
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Mar 30, 2014 Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-the-kindle
I really wanted to take my time with this review, as I am not sure I can even do justice to how amazing this book was! From the riveting storyline and fantastic characters to the overall emotions that this tale invoked, I cannot say enough positive...I can only thank my GR friends for guiding me to this read! 5+ Sun and Moon Stars

What happens to a young Aubrey Miller who has to experience death of her loved ones, repeatedly? Well, she dies too, only on the inside. She locks down all connection w
-Ya
Apr 26, 2014 -Ya rated it liked it
2.5-stars
Man. I am afraid I will sound like a cold-blooded bitch. I won’t repeat the blurb since it outlines the storyline in details. I thought the story is not raw, not dark, not edgy, and not original.

Aubrey: ‘I am death’

She believes she is the bad news for everyone she loves. She blames herself for her sister’s death and ultimately the loss of her parents. I can’t imagine how a 6-years old Aubrey could find any understanding for a tragic like this. It is this plot I see the potential in the
Patrycja
Mar 29, 2014 Patrycja rated it liked it

That was very depressing read... No review for now. Maybe later <3
Michelle
5 Sunshine Stars

TROAM

The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller was one of those books that took my heart, twisted it around, tore it to pieces, and slowly taped it back together. L.B. Simmons storytelling of Aubrey Miller’s life was heartbreaking, touching, and beautiful. Ms. Simmons took me on such an emotional rollercoaster ride that I found myself ugly crying the last 20% of the book especially there was a scene that I could relate to and it hit home for me. I had to take a moment to put my kindle down
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
description

ARC kindly provided by publicist on behalf of author
mich
Apr 26, 2014 mich marked it as dnf
Hmmm, it’s almost May...does that mean it’s too late to make New Year’s resolutions? Fuck it, I’m gonna do it anyway.

2014 New Year’s Resolution #1 – Stop buying random shit on Amazon unless I read the sample first. I don’t care if it is only $2.99 or $0.99. Just stop it! Read the sample first! If I had done that one simple thing, I would not have even bothered with this book to begin with. Straight away, the prologue was incredibly cheesy and I actually said “Blech!” out loud. (BOL? Oh I like th
T. Torrest
Mar 17, 2014 T. Torrest rated it it was amazing
OMG THE FEELS.

What can I say about this book that hasn’t been said already?
I am a writer for godsakes and I’m finding it hard to come up with the right words. Here are a few for starters: Heart-shredding. Ugly cry. Belly laughs. Swoon.

But I think the best word I can use to describe this book is: PHENOMENAL.

I went into this with my emotional walls firmly in place—I don’t normally go in for an angsty read, and based on the synopsis, I thought I was setting myself up for heartache. But soon enough
Emma Scott
Apr 10, 2016 Emma Scott rated it it was amazing
Finally finally finally I was able to finish this book. Even while other events pulled me away, I felt the itch to get back to it and I'm so glad I finally did.

This is a beautiful story of a lost girl finding her way back to life. And NOT only thanks to the love of a good guy (though that too). Her growth was personal and aided not just by love but friendship and guidance too. She was saved, she helped save herself.

Along the way there are some beautiful turns of phrase "unchartered moment" to
Alice
Jun 01, 2014 Alice rated it really liked it
Shelves: standalone, read-asap

3.75 stars!
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 - Resurrecting - Stars

Aubrey aka Raven has gone goth to push people away from her. She has had a shitty ass life. She feels that everyone she has a direct relationship with is tainted and will eventually die.

"Because death annihilates love. I am death. I am not meant to love. It's a proven fact."

But goth girls still gotta go to college.

She gets there and has everyone kept at an arm's length. The only problem with her plan to push everyone away is Kaeleb Kristopher McMadden.

Aubrey and Kael
Sara
Apr 24, 2014 Sara rated it it was amazing
I didn't think that at the end of this book I would have a heavy heart and a smile on my face. This was a beautifully written book. You wont find a easy romance, or hearts and flowers. This will go straight to your heart and your gut and you will feel the resurrection of Aubrey Miller, indeed.
The prologue will set you up on what she has in store for you. The book is broken up over her college years. Each year its own section. I really liked that. And at the end of each chapter she sums up her h
 Naqelle
Dec 12, 2015 Naqelle rated it it was amazing
Omg L.b simmons this book was beautiful. I was in such a bad reading funk for the past two weeks then Madeline wrote her review and i just had to read it (thanks maddie ) .From the start of the book i was hooked this author has so many amazing quotes and such a strong message that i took and learned while reading this book. It was a sad book i thought i was going to cry but i didnt becuase deep down i knew what was probably going to happen so i just prepared myself for it.I loved the charaters t ...more
Alison
Apr 24, 2014 Alison rated it it was ok
I guess I am in the minority here. This book was missing chemistry, it was missing dialogue at times when I needed it, and it was missing something I can't put my finger on.

Oh well, can't love em all!
Mariam
Mar 13, 2014 Mariam marked it as dnf
DNF at 46%
ENOUGH!
I can't take this pity party anymore. I tried, okay?
Liz
Mar 23, 2014 Liz rated it it was amazing
5 Bursting at the Seams Stars
LB Simmons has surpassed my expectations. Immediately fell in love with the characters and they are locked in my heart for a long time. This story really captured everything about Life. Within the whole story you will definitely find a pocketful of lessons. I understood you have to Love yourself first in order to love the ones around you. Bonds are either broken or sealed. Friendships ground you, Support strengthens you, and at the least opportune times there might
Zizz
Apr 26, 2014 Zizz rated it liked it
Someone said this was a cross between The Sea of Tranquility and Hopeless. And the plot running along those similar themes IMO was this book's undoing to a large degree.

This was definitely a variation of things I've read in the past. I'm not accusing anyone of anything here. Most subject matters have probably have millions of stories written about them - just in varying scenarios etc...The problem was this book paled in comparison.

What didn't work for me? EVERYTHING felt HALF-BAKED. If you tack
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
2.5 Stars. I'm sorry but I just didn't feel this one. The heroine was far too depressing and I felt zero chemistry between her and Kaeleb.

• Vital Sign
  • Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand, #1)
  • In the Fields
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Therapy (Therapy #1)
  • Dear Tabitha (Forever Family, #2)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Say the Word
  • Ten Below Zero
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning, #1)
  • Losing Me Finding You (Losing Me Finding You, #1)
  • The Complete Emi Lost & Found Series (Lost & Found, #0.5-#3)
  • Broken Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #3)
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
  • Beautiful Failure (Beautiful, #1)
  • With This Heart
  • LoveLines (The Wilmington Saga, #1)
  • Coming Home
After graduating from Texas A&M University, L.B. Simmons did what any biomedical science major could do. She entered the workforce as a full-time chemist. Years later, never in her wildest dreams would she have imagined herself a USA Today Bestselling contemporary romance author as well.

What began as a memoir for her children, ended up being her first self-published book, Running on Empty. In
More about L.B. Simmons...

Chosen Paths (3 books)
  • Under the Influence (Chosen Paths, #2)
  • Out of Focus (Chosen Paths, #3)

“Every being in this world makes an impact on at least one person they encounter during their lifetime. You can change the course of someone’s life by just a kind word, a hateful one, or even by simply choosing not to say anything at all. Every choice you make has the potential to create a ripple effect, trickling into and affecting the lives of others.” 36 likes
“Without heartache, there is no understanding of the true meaning of love. Without anger, passion cannot be comprehended. Without fear, there is nothing gained when overcome. And without sorrow, happiness can never be realized.” 25 likes