Start by marking “Nearly Departed (A Spring Cleaning Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Nearly Departed (A Spring Cleaning Mystery #1)

Nearly Departed (A Spring Cleaning Mystery #1)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  172 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Victoria Spring hates her job. The last career a reluctant medium should pursue is crime scene clean up; it would have been nice to know she could talk to ghosts before taking the job.

As the co-founder of SPRING CLEANING, most of the hard work should be covered by her business partner & brother, Jerry. And it was...until he was shipped off to Afghanistan and declared m
Published December 1st 2013 by Gemma Halliday Publishing

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
MY Faves!
383 books — 185 voters
Out of the Box Regifted by Jennifer TheriotAccidental Leigh by Melanie  JamesTo Light The Dragon's Fire by Margaret   TaylorThe Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny HanGone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Summer '14
52 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

B.E.
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off, let me say I got this as an advanced copy because JB is my friend and we do junk for each other, so as a thank you for the junk I do, she gave me this. There wasn't any expectation of an awesome review in return. Having said that, though, let's commence with the awesome...

SQUEE! This book was amazing! I loved Vicky. She's quirky and fun and broken in her own way. I love Smoke. He's serious and sexy and broken in his own way. And their breaks work well together - except when they don't
Lisa
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, earc
Nearly Departed is the first in the new Spring Cleaning Mysteries series by JB Lynn. This is the kind of book that draws you through from page one and leaves you wishing for more at the end. I love and hate when that happens. I love it because the story is obviously good and JB does not disappoint.Hate it because i have to wait for more. Vicky is the lead in this series and she's as complicated as they come. She's working her missing military brother's business for him not that she wants to but ...more
Silver James
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nearly Departedis a cross between the Ghost Whisperer and Stephanie Plum. Need I say more? Author JB Lynn's patented humor, excellent characterizations, and interesting suspense all combine to make this a fast, fun, and furious read. I enjoyed the heck out of it. Two questions: When do we get to find out more about Smoke and when is the next book coming?
Kerry
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I know I can pick up a JB Lynn book and be completely lost in it. Nearly Departed delivered. Vic is a beautiful disaster and Smoke has a hard ass exterior with a melt in your mouth interior. The characters, especially the ghosts, in this book will make you laugh out loud! This book is a must read! Cannot wait for the next edition to The Spring Cleaning Series!
Dianna
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fiction, love
This is a very good book. Victoria Spring took over her brothers job when he went into the military. She is still trying to hold on to it, even though she does not know if he is an MIA, or dead. The military has no definite answers for her or her parents.

She cleans up crime scenes where murders have happened. But, not only does she clean, she can see and hear the ghosts of those who were murdered. She helps the ghosts finish their unfinished business in order for them to cross over.

This is a re
Lindsey Marcum Franks
Fun Read

I don't normally post reviews, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The plot was good and had me guessing until the end. It was an enjoyable read. I love a good paranormal story, and it didn't disappoint. I couldn't put the "book" down. I'm glad I found this one.
Amanda Deniger
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this new series!!! I am dying to read the next one! Funny, romantic even without the sex scenes many books feel they need. You can connect with the heroine and feel yourself routing her on. Great book!
Donna Huber
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A delightful read. Fans of cozy mysteries MUST read this book. Read my full review at Girl Who Reads
Jeanette
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
This was a great book. Very well done. I couldn't stop reading. Haven't done that with a book in a long time. :-)
Charlene
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
wonderful book, interesting and fun read don't want to say too much will spoil your fun
  • A Spirited Gift (A Missing Pieces Mystery, #3)
  • Obitchuary
  • Highway to Hell (Maggie Quinn: Girl Vs. Evil #3)
  • Keeper of the Castle (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #5)
  • The Fisherman's Wife: The Gospel According to St. Peter's Spouse
  • The Indigo Bunting
  • Killer in Crinolines  (Consignment Shop Mystery #2)
  • The Thrill of the Haunt (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #5)
  • Beware the Ghost Riders
  • More Texas Stories I Like to Tell My Friends: The Tales of Adventure and Intrigue Continue from the History of the Lone Star State
  • Characters in Search of a Novel
  • Spirit Nudges: Proof That Spirit Is Never Far Away
  • Song of the Sirens
  • Serranto's Redemption (Breaking Out)
  • Chillin in Negril: The Unofficial Negril Jamaica Travel and Party Guide
  • Prasanga (In the Underground World #1)
  • Hot Scheming Mess (Madison Cruz Mystery #1)
  • In A Pickle