Start by marking “Season of Second Chances” as Want to Read:
Season of Second Chances

Season of Second Chances

When a storm strands Claire Hanlin in Chicago on Christmas Eve, the last person she expects to come to her rescue is Logan Dawes, the man she almost married two years ago. The chemistry between them is dangerously potent, but with nowhere else to go, Claire accepts Logan's offer to stay with him for the night.

Back in the home they shared, surrounded by reminders of Logan
Published December 5th 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Season of Second Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Season of Second Chances

Start your review of Season of Second Chances
Jill
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it

description

When Claire is stranded in Chicago by a snowstorm on Christmas Eve, she never expected to meet up with her ex-fiancé, Logan at the airport. With no available accommodation she accepts Logan's offer of a room overnight at his place.

Two years ago Claire broke off their engagement, but there's still a connection between them. And all it takes is a little too much Christmas cheer for them to realise how much they've missed each other.

This is the second book I've read by Brighton Walsh and I'm
KatLynne
A fabulous short story! Brighton Walsh has packed an abundance of feel good reading into this second chance romance. Its steamy, very well written, with a hero thats sinfully sexy, and a heroine I loved.

Claire and Logans relationship fell apart two years earlier. Neither has moved on and now Claire finds herself stranded in Chicago. A chance meeting with the one man she hopes to avoid brings her face to face with her ex and soon hes whisking her back to their old apartment. Their chemistry is
Saly
Wow this was an excellent novella and did a really good job of doing a lot in a few words. This is a second chance at love story, where the h/H used to be engaged but haven't seen each other in two years when the heroine fed-up of being set aside for the hero's work broke it off. When a storm strands her at the airport where she runs into the hero and goes back the house that used to be theirs, a lot comes to the surface. There is a mention of heroine casually dating (not sure if that meant sex) ...more
Rashika (is tired)
I love the holidays.

I want to skip around throwing candy canes at people (emphasis on throwing).

This was really cute and adorable and gahhhh. I just. yeah. I'll stop.
cosmogirl7481
When I sat down to read Season of Second Chances by Brighton Walsh, I expected to enjoy it. Mostly because I love the author and her words, but also because were approaching the holidays, and from the description, it sounded like the perfect book to curl up with.

Well, it was.

And I loved it.

We meet Claire on Christmas Eve. Shes stranded in the airport in Chicago, trying to make it to her sisters house for Christmas. But the snow is pouring, and all flights have been cancelled. This sucks for her.
caren

Yall, its no secret if you know me that Im a huge fan of Brightons. I have been for years. My fangirl for her is strong. I've loved everything she's written and I can't stress enough how much you're missing out if you haven't picked up one of her lovely stories yet!! You should give Plus One a shot right now now (seriously, right now), and later this week (Thursday *cough*), make sure you pick up this new Christmasy goodness, Season of Second Chances! It's the perfect short little sweet story
Angela
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Second chance romances one of my top five story-lines in contemporary romances, I was looking forward to seeing how Claire and Logan dealt with the issues that separated them previously. How they would be able to forge a future from the remains of their past.

From their first meeting it's clear that the chemistry between the two of them is off the charts high. The sparks practically fly off of each other when Claire ends up at Logan's condo in the middle of a snowstorm that strands her in
Danielle (Love at First Page)
This was lovely! Sometimes short and sweet are exactly what I need - and a healthy dose of sexy doesn't hurt either.

Claire and Logan broke off their engagement two years ago after he let her down at a time when she needed him the most. He put his work ahead of her again and again. Despite the time and distance, when the two reconnect unexpectedly it's obvious the chemistry is still very much alive between them. And the love.
But she didn't know how to give anything less than everything when it
Deniz
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
I would have rated this higher for the first half...but then it was suddenly a bit well.. meh
I liked the chemistry between the MCs, I even enjoyed the smut. (I really did!! *SHOCK!!!*)
I absolutely loved how they ended up being thrown together again.
But I while I got the reasons the broke up. I found Claire quite bitchy and unreasonable, when she got upset. I mean, dude!, I get her - I am married to a workaholic- and sometimes I wanna choke him. But I believe there is a middle path and any
Sanne ♔ (Sanne and the Books)
Okay it's Christmas and this year I really want to read fluffy and romantic stories and then I found a Harlequin Christmas Special bundle and omg it's just perfect.

This was a really cute story. Seeing as it's +/- a 100 pages long there is not much to tell. The characters were okay. I liked Claire and Logan, because they respect each other. The romance was perfect. I love these kind of stories (don't judge me). And ah. The ending.

Of course it's not a masterpiece but who cares. It's Harlequin.
Jaime Arkin
Are you looking for a sweet, definitely sexy and absolutely wonderful holiday read?

You need to pick up this Novella by Brighton Walsh.

In Season of Second chances we meet Claire and Logan... exes who went their separate ways several years ago. Claire finds herself stranded in the airport and Logan just happens to come to her rescue offering her a place to wait out the storm... and spend her birthday.

Despite being apart for two years, their chemistry certainly hasn't diminished and spending
Irene
5 stars

So many happy feels after reading Season of Second Chances.

I truly loved this story, Logan will make your heart skip a beat.
Logan has such a way with words, he sure knows how to make a woman feel special and wanted, swoon...

The chemistry between Claire and Logan is off the charts. I could feel their strong connection from the first moment they see each other.

For a novella Brighton Walsh does such a great job of making the reader understand what they've been through in the past and how
Aoi
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Sweet, adorable and with just the right amount of steam. Perfect romance to curl up and get your warm fuzzies :)
Jess (Gone with the Words)
From my TBTB Secret Santa! Thanks!
Kassiah
5 swoonworthy stars.

This review also appears on Steamy Guys After Dark.

Erin Arkin
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Claire is stranded in Chicago due to a snowstorm on Christmas.on her birthday. Ever since she got to town, she has wanted to leave. Not because she has anything against the city but because it holds a lot of memories. Things she really doesn't want to remember. Claire is pretty sure things couldn't get any worse and as she is trying to figure out what to do, her past walks right up to her and says hi.

Logan is having a rough day. After getting a call that requires him to head out to a project
Stacee
Another fantastic story from Brighton.

Love love loved swoony Logan, especially all of the interactions with Sophie. The nail polish? Gah.

Short and sweet, with a perfect epilogue, this was a blast to read.

Stella
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
A delightful holiday romance novella that will warm your heart and make you sigh and smile at the end. Best read while snuggled under the duvet or sipping hot chocolate on the couch ;-)
Rae
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was sweet, fun and had swoons a plenty! I love the writing... I consumed this so quickly and would love more Logan... BRIGHTON CAN I HAVE HIM?!
Katie
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-14, genre-adult
Super quick, sexy read! I am so glad I picked this up. Perfect for the winter/holidays.
Pretty Sassy Cool
5 stars.

I have a confession. I've been waiting to read this guystory for a loonnngggg time. I've enjoyed Brighton Walsh's work for years, and let me tell you--the girl can write some super hot smut. She's not about PWP, though, and always has a compelling story to go with her sexy characters. So, I was already excited about this story before I really knew much about it. And ever since Walsh sent me her picspiration on twitter, well, let's just say I was super excited:
Logan Dawes Brighton Walsh Holy Hell

I know, I know. You want to
Lauren R.
That was cute. I love second chance romances, especially if that includes the holidays and being snowed in together. I liked Logan and Claire. For a novella-length book, it felt like they were fully developed characters. It was definitely formulaic but sweet for the holiday. It happened on Christmas Eve/ Christmas but wasn't focused on that as much as I always hope ;)
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I really liked the Chicago setting and second-chance romances are always one of my favorite type of storylines. However, the hero in this book felt like a copy of Jason in Tessa Ever After and I've never been a big fan of kids in books. All in all, a fun, short holiday read that will probably quickly be forgotten.
BookHookup
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The original review for this title can be found here on The Book Hookup.

Christina and Ana's Review:

A joint actual rating of 4.5 stars!

**SPECIAL NOTE:** An eARC of this novella was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. However, that did not influence this review in any way. All thoughts, quotes, and opinions will be of this version and not of the published edition.

Chantal Aurora
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I loved that this explored a past relationship instead of a new one. This book was super hyped for me so I was a little underwhelmed but I really enjoyed this one.
Christina
I originally reviewed this title with my blog mate, Ana. You can find our full review here on The Book Hookup.

The Lowdown: Claire Hanlin hasnt been back to Chicago in over two years and for good reason. It houses too many memories, a majority of
Amanda
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Where to start? Can I just...leave a lot of swoony words and nonsense? A whole lot of *flails* *spins* *twirls* *sighs*? Y'all will understand that, right? Especially if I throw in a little "alksjga;skl alkjsd;igufwalkj," right? No? Ok ok. I'll give it a go then.

Season of Second Chances is a holiday novella and there is not much I love more. Yeah, I'm one of those "omg I have to watch every Hallmark Holiday Movie" people. In general, I love novellas and holiday stories but combine them and I'm
Original review can be seen on Books and Swoons .

*I received an eARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

Season of Second Chances will be one of those books that I will always reread whenever I'm in the mood for a fluffy read. It left me feeling like all was right in the world and Logan has to be the hottest dad I ever read. There were several scenes that had me swoony-sighing all over the place for him. I'm skeptical about having kids myself, but if I can get a
Char (1RadReader59)
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is about a couple who have history with each other not a long history but still a romantic whirl wind one. After two years it was over though because Logan Dawes could not seem to remember why he fell in love with Claire Hanlin for. Claire from San Diego, California was in Chicago on business and meets Logan. They hit it off but once she finds out he has a daughter from a past ex-girlfriend she begs off on a relationship. Her sisters husbands ex was and is a bitch on wheels.
Then Logan
Shirley Frances
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Claire just wants to get out of Chicago and the memories that have assaulted her since she arrived. Christmas with her sister seems like the perfect remedy for her wistful thoughts but she's now stuck in town awaiting a storm to pass. Trying not to think of the man she once left behind in Chicago, Claire focuses on finding a hotel nearby to stay while the flights are sorted out.

Logan is ready to head home after spending a hectic morning tending to his business and wasting time in the airport
« previous 1 3 next »

• 베아트리체 1 (Beatrice, Season 1)
  • 鬼滅の刃 2 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 2]
  • 鬼滅の刃 4 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 4] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #4)
  • 鬼滅の刃 5 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 5] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #5)
  • 鬼滅の刃 3 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 3] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #3)
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • 鬼滅の刃 8 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 8] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #8)
  • 鬼滅の刃 10 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 10] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #10)
  • 鬼滅の刃 13 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 13] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #13)
  • 鬼滅の刃 7 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 7] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #7)
  • 鬼滅の刃 14 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 14] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #14)
  • 鬼滅の刃 12 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 12] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #12)
  • 鬼滅の刃 9 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 9] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #9)
  • 鬼滅の刃 11 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 11] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #11)
  • 鬼滅の刃 15 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 15] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #15)
  • 鬼滅の刃 6 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 6] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #6)
  • 鬼滅の刃 21 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 21] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #21)
  • 鬼滅の刃 17 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 17] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #17)
USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Brighton Walsh spent nearly a decade as a professional photographer before taking her storytelling in a different direction and reconnecting with her first love: writing. When shes not lost in her own made up worlds, shes probably either reading or shoppingmaybe even both at once. She lives in the Midwest with her real life hero of a husband, ...more

News & Interviews