Start by marking “Le coincidenze dell'amore (Hopeless, #1)” as Want to Read:
Le coincidenze dell'amore (Hopeless, #1)

Le coincidenze dell'amore

(Hopeless #1)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  262,535 ratings  ·  21,361 reviews
Meglio una verità che lascia senza speranza o continuare a credere nelle bugie? Sky non ha mai provato il vero amore: ogni volta che ha baciato qualcuno, ha solo sentito il desiderio di annullarsi, nessuna emozione, nessuna dolcezza. Ma quando Sky incontra Holder, ne è subito affascinata e spaventata insieme. C’è qualcosa in lui che fa riemergere quello che lei aveva spint ...more
Published October 31st 2013 by Leggereditore (first published December 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Le coincidenze dell'amore, please sign up.
zubi (My Obsession) You should definitely read it I have read all of colleen hoovers books. She has a way of getting to you heart without you realising. This book is amaz…moreYou should definitely read it I have read all of colleen hoovers books. She has a way of getting to you heart without you realising. This book is amazing. I would also like to recommend slammed by colleen hoover that is the book which got me to start reading and fall in love with it. Everbody has diffrent tastes but i would suggest you give this book a go as well as slammed.
WARNING!! Her book are an emotional rollercoster especially these two (you might need tissues if your an emotional person).!!(less)
Izabela I am not the kind of person, who enjoys all the romances, I usually find them very cheesy/unrealistic. However, "Hopeless" wasn't one one them. The be…moreI am not the kind of person, who enjoys all the romances, I usually find them very cheesy/unrealistic. However, "Hopeless" wasn't one one them. The beginning of the book was awful, I have to admit, after first chapter I was like "No way am I gonna like it", because of the main character, but then, a lot of things happened, a lot of facts were released and it really pushed me to read it, I couldn't stop.

I don't spoil things, so the only thing I want to say about this book is that it isn't just about teenage love. It's like the tip of the iceberg. (less)

·  262,535 ratings  ·  21,361 reviews

Start your review of Le coincidenze dell'amore (Hopeless, #1)
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Potential casting for Holder by Colleen ^^^

EVERYONE DROP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND READ THIS BOOK!!!!!

Hopeless utterly blew me away. It was the kind of book that makes me want to stand on a rooftop and shout how amazing it is to the whole world! Beautiful, heart-wrenching and uplifting.

5++ stars!! One of best books of 2012!

Colleen Hoover’s writing is absorbing, captivating, and flows so smoothly you barely feel the pages slipping by.

After just reading the prologue, I. Was. Hooked. and I just
Emily May
Aug 10, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I am conducting what I'm shelving as a "New Adult (NA) Experiment". I'm going to work my way through some of the popular New Adult books and see if I can weed out the crap and hopefully find some surprising gems. Here's hoping!

When I started this experiment with the New Adult genre, I knew I was going to have to face a lot of things that I wouldn't like. This genre has become known, during it's short lifetime, for its sexism, its slut-shaming, its poor writing, its eyeroll worthy characters and
Navessa
When I started to read this book there were over 43k ratings and the average was 4.57. I was understandably nervous, because in the past such high ratings usually mean that I’m the one person on the planet who’s going to HATE it. Not only did I hate this book (all 70 pages that I managed to read) and all of its horrible stereotypes and cheesy scenes, but I was really troubled by it.

You see, I’ve been noticing a disturbing trend in YA/NA books lately and this is probably the best example of it I
Dd
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Breathless...

Speechless...

Helpless...

Flawless...

........HOPELESS!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"The sky is always beautiful.Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy,it's still beautiful to look at....it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful."

Hello Readers!!

After Slammed and Point of Retreat,Colleen Hoover presents us with Hopeless.And I swear this is something you won't be forgetting anytime soon!!

So meet with Sky---

Want to know what ki
Katerina
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Not everyone gets a happily every after. Life is real and sometimes it's ugly and you just have to learn how to cope.”

Before I started reading Hopeless, I thought I was ready for everything. The tissues and the chocolate ice-cream were nearby, and the only thing missing was a steel in case I needed to draw an iratze over my heart. It turns out, I was not ready. I was not ready for a book I hated as much as I loved it.

I hated it because it forced me to witness a pain so raw, so
Debra
5 ENDLESS STARS!!!!

"The sky is always beautiful. Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy, it's still beautiful to look at. It's my favourite thing because I know if I ever get lost or lonely or scared, I just have to look up and it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful."

Hope is what comes in the dark of the night
Hope is what whispers 'It will all be alright.'
Hope can blaze like a fire in the heart
Hope can reach across worlds set apart

Hope when lost can bring
Christine Riccio
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS BOOK. the only reason it's not 5 stars is because it made me really sad at parts but it was wonderful <3 I have a booktalk filmed and i'll be posting it eventually =) ...more
Cristina Monica
What a story!

I’m stunned. Did I really read what I just read? Did the author really create such an impressive plot? While I didn’t know who Colleen Hoover truly was before picking one of her works up (so glad I chose Hopeless!), now I do know; she’s a brilliant contemporary romance author.

This is such a heartbreaking story. Yet, it does contain some beautiful moments of joy, swoony love and real honesty. That’s what I preferred the most actually; how honest the main character was with us. She is
Christy
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-audio
5+ stars!

I’m not sure how to put into words how much I loved this book! One of the best I’ve read this year! It was such a beautiful story- once I started this one, there was no hope for sleep... I couldn’t put it down! It had some twists and turns I did not expect! I love all Colleen Hoover’s books, her writing is awesome- but this is by far the best! It is in a class of its own! Incredible!!!

This is Sky and Holder’s story. Sky is awesome. She is funny, brave, and just real. Sky is a teen
Kristen
5 HUGE Stars–And My Favorite Read Of The Year

description

Oh my gosh! This book! This unbelievably heartfelt, emotional, gripping book! I LOVED this book. I mean I REALLY loved this book. Like, I loved EVERY SINGLE THING about this book. I think you get my drift.

It been a long time since I've fallen wholeheartedly in love with a book, its characters, and its love story. I adored this heartbreakingly emotional story. It made me laugh, it made cry, and it made me believe in young love. I loved the heroine, S
Richa
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hopeless - Having no hope, bleak, despairing....isn't that what it means to be hopeless??...But I learnt a different meaning of Hopeless recently....that sometimes being hopeless can mean so much more....

Someone told me I was hopeless....
That I would never go anywhere in my life
That I would have to struggle to survive
That people would point their fingers at me and whisper behind my back
Someone told me I was hopeless....
And I just smiled and nodded and told her that I hoped that's how it always w
Tough Critic Book Reviews
She had me at, “completely and comfortably numb.”

BOOK TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsmHUt...

I almost don't trust myself to write this review because I'm pretty sure...no, I know it will be impossible for me to put into words the experience of Hopeless.

The title in itself is packed with irony because every single thing about this book is...more. I felt this book before I even finished the first chapter. Yes, the story is dark, but this type of beauty doesn’t need light to be seen. This
Glamdring
Dec 23, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Glamdring by: Lex

Ok, don't kill me but for me, Hopeless was mostly an over the top book.

To be honest, after reading the first chapter I was afraid that it would be a 1 star book, but then luckily things got better unfortunately not that better.

What prevented me from really enjoying Hopeless is not so much the YA genre or the predictability of the story, that the over use of tragic/traumatic events.

Seriously? How many of those an author can use in one single book? (view spoiler)
jessica
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i have been in a massive mood for rereads recently. there is a great comfort in knowing that you are already going to like a book when you pick it up. but there is also opportunity for growth and new experiences. i dont think ive ever walked away from a reread and not found something new about the story.

with this, my first time around i was so enamoured by the whole ‘boy next door’ and the romance of loving someone since you were a child. it still makes my heart melt. but wow. i forgot, or maybe
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPECIAL SALE! 6-20-13 Audible audio edition of Hopeless is on sale for $1.99 LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Hopeless/dp/B00...
SPOILER FREE REVIEW
5+++ STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance

Colleen never disappoints!

I LOVED IT!

Photobucket

"Promise me that you will never lose Hope.”
She nods her head as I wipe her tears away with my thumbs.
“I promise,” she says.

High Expectations
I have to be completely honest when I first started this I was not all that impressed. I had very high expectations
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
5 Gorgeous, shining stars! And a couple glow in the dark ceiling ones too...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seems ironic that a book entitled Hopeless would lead me to become so incredibly and utterly hopeful. There are many reasons why I love to read, but ultimately, I read to become inspired. And, after finishing this phenomenal book, I'm pretty sure I've never wanted to hug an author so badly in my life. Colleen Hoover—the vivid characters you create deserve to be humanized, and the touching stories you write never fail
Whitney Atkinson
11/5/15: i just stumbled across this book in my "read" shelf and saw I gave it 4 stars, which I immediately changed because now, several months later, all I can think about is how badly this book was written instead of the actual good parts.

------

honestly i was expecting so much more out of colleen hoover. i didn't get teary once reading this book. holder was so intense and edward cullen-ish for the first half of this book that i didnt trust him for the rest of the last half. the relationship wa
Jenny Levine
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
“I’ve lost a lot in my long life.
Yes, I’ve seen pain and I’ve seen strife.
But I’ll never give up; I’ll never let go.
Because I’ll always have my ray of hope.”

Linden Sky's life lacks color. Together with her friend, Six, she lives her life. She was branded school slut because she makes out with different boys, but the only reason she's doing that is because she doesn't feel anything with those guys. Just numbness... And she likes not feeling anything at all. Up until she met Holder...

Dean
Jamie
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If there was such a thing as a perfect book Hopeless would be it. The story doesn't just suck you in, it transforms you. You're still the same person after it's through but there's a little something extra that's been added to your life. The characters were unique and real with their own personalities and quirks like the way Sky just blurts out things that she is thinking or the way she normally doesn't let situations embarrass or bother her and then there's Holder who always pauses a bit before ...more
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Audio book on sale for $1.99 -> http://amzn.to/1HLB1rw
3/26/2015

I reread this one via an audio book. I LOVED IT! Even though it's been 3 years since I've read this story - it still brought back all the same feels from the first time.
8/24/2015

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

Holder was an amazing boyfriend!!! As most everyone on GR knows I hate Will Cooper from Slammed. But Colleen Hoover has given me hope in her male characters!!

description

This book touched in me so many ways! I bawled my eyes out!

I spent so much t
Clumsy Storyteller
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover is great but somehow it didn't work out for me , i didn't like many things, The characters were very young and stupid, Sky is 18 years old, a freak with very limited social life,Holder is just an asshole, 20 years old stalker with a bad temper. the first half was good but i got bored quickly. There's a Lots of gossip and rumors and i couldn't bring myself to keep listening to the audiobook. i was suprised by how CoHo can write about all these tragic events *Drama queen ...more
Susanne  Strong
5 Hopeful Life Changing Stars!

There are moments in a Gal’s existence that are life changing. Those moments happened for me when I become a CoHo Fan.
So I am going to admit something here.. which some of you may have an inkling about. I am not exactly a believer in true love, soul mates or happily ever afters. I was married once and well, I thought I had my fairytale. Turns out I didn’t.. Turns out I was living anything but. That said, I’ve never been a schmoopy kind of gal. I’m just not all that
xrysa

This isn't a book for weak hearted people.
I'm warning you!!!!!
You will difinately cry.

Sky

I loved her a lot! She was proved to be one of the strongest characters of the book . Her past was heartbreaking and as the story flew we were discovering with her , pieces of her past.

“I want you to keep them open...because I need you to watch me give you the very last piece of my heart.”

Holder

He was also fucked-up. (view spoiler)
When he met Sky he did everyth
Pearl Angeli
Another gut-puncher novel written by the one and only Colleen Hoover.

This was a very difficult book to rate for me. I enjoyed Colleen Hoover's books-- mainly Confess which until these days, remains my favorite. After reading Hopeless, I was torn whether I should rate it 3 or 4 stars. In the end though, I chose the former because I have more issues with this book than I've ever thought.

But first, let me give you the good traits about this book. I found this book outstanding because:

* Colleen Hoov
Lise *friends don't flag*
Incredible...

"The sky is always beautiful. Even when it’s dark or rainy or cloudy, it’s still beautiful to look at"

description

"he slides his fingers down my arm until he finds my pinky, then wraps his around it. It’s an extremely small gesture, but he couldn’t have done anything more perfect to fill me with the sense of security that I need from him right now"

description

I can't even begin to express how much I loved this book. Simply, heartbreakingly beautiful and I loved every single word written.

Thank-you
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
6 Stars! ★☆☽☾

I butterflying lived&hated this book!

Sky, Holder and Collen Hoover! :D

description

After crossing the 60% mark of this book.. All I could tell myself during many events and scenes was...
Breathe... Breathe... Breathe...

Breathe just a little more.. let the oxygen spread to your lungs and brains!
Because what you are reading..
It just cannot be whats actually written

Hehe, Stayed awake till 8am finishing this book... Pulled an all nighter and oh boy was it worth ever single minute!

"The sky is al
Samantha Young
Beautifully written, heartbreaking, gutwrenching and stunningly addictive. Adored it.
Hulya Kara Yuksel
2nd read : 30th December,2018

2nd time reading it and still it was so beautiful. 😭😭😭 My all time favorite CoHo book!!! ❤❤❤

-----------
1st read : 28th September,2014

Wow just Wow!!! I'm speechless. This book was something else. It was freaking awesome. I loved it! 😍 Thank you Colleen and I love you Dean Holder. (^_^)

---------------------

“The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you've never felt anything when someone's kissed you, then no one's ever really kissed you. N
EmBibliophile
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
5 ‘I need a chapter break’ stars

I’m suddenly in the mood for rereading some of my all time favorite books. I read this book two years ago, and it still feel like a freakin’ emotional slap! This is my second read and I reacted the same way! I cried. I panicked. I was even shocked! Like why the hell am I shocked and gasping? I already know this is going to happen!

"Not everyone gets a happily every after. Life is real and sometimes it's ugly and you just have to learn how to cope.”

The first half o
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
4.5 STARS!
Hopeless

Sky was adopted when she was 5 by an anti-tech vegan mother, who home-schooled her - but at 17, Sky decides she wants to attend public school. 💙
Although she has been studying at home - with no TV, internet or cell phones - Sky is not disconnected from the world, but she has always been bored... She never really got excited about anything - which was fine by her... Until she met Holder, and everything started to change. 🌠

📚 “𝑰 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝑺𝒌𝒚," 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔. "𝑰 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐 𝒎

• Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)
  • Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)
  • Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #1; Too Far, #1)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)
  • On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
  • Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1)
  • Archer's Voice
  • Before We Were Strangers
  • Never Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #2; Too Far, #2)
  • Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)
  • After (After, #1)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA, thriller and Women's Fiction. And maybe a ghost story soon.

I don't like to be confined to one genre. If you put me in a box, I'll claw my way out.

My social media username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity and Book Bonanza.

Hopeless (2 books)
  • Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)